Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 10 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
Long Island
United States
Member #108824
March 31, 2011
51 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2011, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

How long does it take you to scratch through the roll ? Do you scratch the whole ticket or just look for the codes ?

James I saw you had a $4,000 winner in another thread, would you mind telling me how much you received after taxes? In NY it says prizes of $5,000 or less are tax free if you show them your SS card just wanna see if its the same for FL

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104435
    January 14, 2011
    2244 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2011, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

James I saw you had a $4,000 winner in another thread, would you mind telling me how much you received after taxes? In NY it says prizes of $5,000 or less are tax free if you show them your SS card just wanna see if its the same for FL

Up to $5K is tax free but you will have to pay up to 35% income tax the following year unless you write it off. Im talking with my bookkeeper about that now.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
      Member #109882
      April 21, 2011
      158 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2011, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

i  use to look for just codes but i dont do that anymore because prizes that are mor ethan 600 bucks have the same codes as losing tickets so you are forced to scratch each one off i wish it would just tell you loser or winner and how much you won .I tried 5 and ten  dollar tickets and  20 and even 30 but never 1 and 2 dollar one.I dont have good luck with any dollar amount of tickets.Please  let me win once that all i ask for lol

United States
        Member #107231
        March 3, 2011
        28 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2011, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I know this is the scratcher thread but I wanted to ask a question about NY Pick 10. I've never played before and decided to get a quickpick. I noticed on the website, it says "there's even a prize if none of your numbers match!" and in the odds section it says if you match "0" numbers, you get $4. How can this be? Isnt this essentially trading $1 for a free $4? Am I missing something here?

Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #109275
          April 9, 2011
          1495 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2011, 6:26 pm - IP Logged

Snag. Not sure if the Pick 10 means 10 numbers. I would think it is tougher to match 0 numbers vs 1 number. I am from PA though and do not have knowledge of the game.

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #99032
            October 18, 2010
            1439 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2011, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

I know this is the scratcher thread but I wanted to ask a question about NY Pick 10. I've never played before and decided to get a quickpick. I noticed on the website, it says "there's even a prize if none of your numbers match!" and in the odds section it says if you match "0" numbers, you get $4. How can this be? Isnt this essentially trading $1 for a free $4? Am I missing something here?

They pick 20 numbers from a field of 80.  You pick 10.  If none of your numbers match any of the 20 they've picked, you'd win 4 buccks.

I'd imagine it's pretty hard to match 0, though.  You don't win for matching 1, 2, etc. (I don't know how many you need for a prize, probably 0, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10.  Again, not sure though.

United States
              Member #109882
              April 21, 2011
              158 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2011, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

They pick 20 numbers from a field of 80.  You pick 10.  If none of your numbers match any of the 20 they've picked, you'd win 4 buccks.

I'd imagine it's pretty hard to match 0, though.  You don't win for matching 1, 2, etc. (I don't know how many you need for a prize, probably 0, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10.  Again, not sure though.

with the pick ten you pick ten numbers from 1 to 80 and the lottery selects 20 out of 80 numbers.I had alot of tickets with 0 numbers that i just made 4 bucks.Its the hardest lottery to get so i think i might stop playing

Long Island, NY
                United States
                Member #70172
                January 25, 2009
                521 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2011, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

with the pick ten you pick ten numbers from 1 to 80 and the lottery selects 20 out of 80 numbers.I had alot of tickets with 0 numbers that i just made 4 bucks.Its the hardest lottery to get so i think i might stop playing

Pick 10 = Lost Money

Welcome.

United States
                  Member #109882
                  April 21, 2011
                  158 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2011, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

thats true i lost so much.You know how hard it is to get 6 numbers and all they give you is ten bucks its crazy

United States
                    Member #109882
                    April 21, 2011
                    158 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2011, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

i just got back from the store and spent 110 bucks on scratchers .I bought 3 magnifecnt millions ,3 set for life, 3 million dollar richer and 2 sweet million and 5 super money times 10 .I will post my results in a frew minutes wish me luck

United States
                      Member #109882
                      April 21, 2011
                      158 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2011, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

i just got back from the store and spent 110 bucks on scratchers .I bought 3 magnifecnt millions ,3 set for life, 3 million dollar richer and 2 sweet million and 5 super money times 10 .I will post my results in a frew minutes wish me luck

so the set for life tickets were all dud 3million dollar richer was 1 dud and a 20 and a ten dollar winner and one of the magnificent millionhad a 20 coin so i made back 50 bucks lost 60 whats the point of this.

Long Island, NY
                        United States
                        Member #70172
                        January 25, 2009
                        521 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2011, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

First off, I would say check the top prizes report before you buy certain tickets.  Also I would also never buy in a series like that.  If the ticket won before you, there may be duds behind the ticket.  I always buy in store and go one by one never play by series like that.  Just some advice from my experience.

United States
                          Member #109882
                          April 21, 2011
                          158 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2011, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

First off, I would say check the top prizes report before you buy certain tickets.  Also I would also never buy in a series like that.  If the ticket won before you, there may be duds behind the ticket.  I always buy in store and go one by one never play by series like that.  Just some advice from my experience.

i have tried every single type of play theres always duds no matter where you go .Only way you have luck is to be  alurker in astore and play and watch and play until you hit something.

United States
                            Member #109882
                            April 21, 2011
                            158 Posts
                            Posted: April 23, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

just wasted another 100 bucks and made back 35 bucks so lost another 65 .I think i might just be through with this.Everyday theres winners posted in the lottery websites adn its always coming from some county in upstate new york that i have never heard of and got to google.So i figured i take a drive to one of those 4 hour drive countys and but tickets there.I am so frustrated.

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
                              Long Island
                              United States
                              Member #108824
                              March 31, 2011
                              51 Posts
                              Posted: April 23, 2011, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Dude jackpots come from all over NY. The way I see it, it's all about the areas income level and sales volume of a store. Lower income areas are more likely to hit the big win for life jackpots and such for obvious reasons. Also high volume stores are more likely to have big prizes as they go through rolls much faster. So if you're buying from quiet stores, I'd instead look into very busy retailers and if you're really desperate travel to some poorer areas in NYC and buy a roll or play tickets in the store. Just my two cents..

Page 10 of 46