Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Scratch-off Discussion

Topic closed. 680 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lenkame.

Page 41 of 46
PrintE-mailLink
ny
United States
Member #88765
March 22, 2010
319 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2011, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

I usually do NOT tip the clerks. I look at it like this, I spend tons of cash on tickets and usually just ask the clerk "has there been any decent wins today?"....99% of the time they just answer "naw, just people winning their money back".

I don't think I need to tip when they just rip a ticket from the book and hand it to me. I pay the machine most of the times too.

Now if the clerk told me, "hey man just an FYI, that book just had 10 losers in a row, you may want to try that one", and If I get the next one and its  a decent winner, sure I'll throw the clerk a tip. But I rarely even scratch in the store.

I tend to buy at one store and cash at another when I get a decent winner. That way the clerk doesn't even know.

I'm not a cheap-azz either. I tip bartenders & waiters very good

Now if they gave me a beer with my lotto ticket it would be a different story =)

haha....that is true...only tip if they give you a nice heads up....from now if i get a decent winner i will put it in my pocket and cash it at a different store Sulk Off

mamamary517's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Brooklyn, NY
    United States
    Member #115853
    August 29, 2011
    71 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2011, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

wow very nice...congrats...did you scratch it at the store or bring it home?? did you tip the clerk?? in the past if i win $250 or more and cash it in, its like when they are about to hand you the cash, they have the look on their face like they are expecting a tip....i mean i tip if i win $250 or more...what about you guys??

I bought it at the corner news stand where I normally don't buy...I bought the winning triple millions because they were out in the open hanging down

where I could see them so I just bought some on a whim.  I did not tip them because they never give me any "tips" on what they think is winning or

next to hit.  I didn't even tell them or cash it there.  I cashed it where I go the majority of the time and the guy won't take a tip.....he said I play so

much that one day I will hit it big....then he wants a tip!! LOL He is very helpful to me and have won in his store on several times...$250 & $500 twice.

I usually take them home so he will put the stack on the side till I come back!  I treat him with respect and never give him a hard time so he treats me back with respect and tries to help me because I am a good customer;)

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: September 13, 2011, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

everyone in ny expects a tip. even after spending $1k in just one store and then cashing some winners the clerk looks at me like he expects more than the $100 in commission he just made off of me........

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Brooklyn, NY
        United States
        Member #115853
        August 29, 2011
        71 Posts
        Posted: September 13, 2011, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

If they give me a winning tip............I give them a tip, if not, too bad.  I have won $500 and I have spent $500.

ny
          United States
          Member #88765
          March 22, 2010
          319 Posts
          Posted: September 13, 2011, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

played in 2 stores today....in the end lost about $100 again of my cash minus the winning tickets....had about 3 or 4 $50 winners, 2 $30 winners, $25 winner, $20 winner, and a few $10 and $5.....lol with the winnings and my cash included should be about $350-$400 that i lost today......it was fun but i wish i could end up with a profit lol....played only $10 and $5 tickets.....couldnt remember all the winning tickets numbers cause i just scratched the codes and scan each ticket....the new $5 wheel of fortune is horrible.......i have spent alot and only get $5, $10, or $15 winners.........

also mamamary517 do you remember the letter code on the $600 winning ticket?

Florida
            United States
            Member #104435
            January 14, 2011
            2244 Posts
            Posted: September 13, 2011, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

finished my last scratch off outing in nyc. chased the $30 ticket from #22 down to the last ticket. clerk said no big winner on the roll when i started. hit $100 twice ( #01 and #02 ironically) $50 once $35 3 times and $30 twice. so lost around $270.....

Florida
              United States
              Member #104435
              January 14, 2011
              2244 Posts
              Posted: September 13, 2011, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

oh yeah dude said he sees a $500 winner on nearly every roll of the $30 game. this cant be true right ? the odds are what 1 in 750 ??

maybe he was trying to get my enticed to buy the rest of the roll.....

ny
                United States
                Member #88765
                March 22, 2010
                319 Posts
                Posted: September 13, 2011, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

oh yeah dude said he sees a $500 winner on nearly every roll of the $30 game. this cant be true right ? the odds are what 1 in 750 ??

that is not true at all...i know there should at least be x2 $100 winners in a roll for the $30 tickets.

Brooklyn, NY
                  United States
                  Member #115853
                  August 29, 2011
                  71 Posts
                  Posted: September 13, 2011, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

According to the lotto clerks I talk to, the $30 ticket has mostly $35 winners and a few $100....they say no one buys them because you spend more

than you win.  The person who does buy them has to go thru a lot to get the $100....it's just not worth it.   There is going to be a new $20 ticket coming

coming out in October...save your money up, I think they are going to be good.Approve

ny
                    United States
                    Member #88765
                    March 22, 2010
                    319 Posts
                    Posted: September 13, 2011, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

According to the lotto clerks I talk to, the $30 ticket has mostly $35 winners and a few $100....they say no one buys them because you spend more

than you win.  The person who does buy them has to go thru a lot to get the $100....it's just not worth it.   There is going to be a new $20 ticket coming

coming out in October...save your money up, I think they are going to be good.Approve

hey mamamary517 do you remember the letter code on your $600 winner??? how do you know about a new $20 ticket in October?? I AM EXCITED LOL....havent had a new $20 game in a very LONG timeeeee....

Brooklyn, NY
                      United States
                      Member #115853
                      August 29, 2011
                      71 Posts
                      Posted: September 13, 2011, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Yes...the code  was K A A .......never ever saw that before.  I bought another one today and won $90 very odd amount the code letters were Y A Z

I guess like the $30 is N A Z           & the $40  is   P A Z

The $20 is now being advertised look near the lotto machines or ask the clerk to see the flier for the new tickets in Oct...it looks really GOOD...more than one way to win...looks like we will have a good time spending our money!!  And hopefully winning!  Good luck & save up those bucks!

Adrift's avatar - natureavatars
                        Long Island
                        United States
                        Member #108824
                        March 31, 2011
                        51 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2011, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Nice hit on Triple Million mamamary517!

I bought three last night #40-42 and all were duds. Also got a $5 cash extreme and lost.

I haven't been playing nearly as much lately, I pretty much get a couple of tickets on a whim here and there. If I win i'll buy more tickets and if I lose i'll stop. I've been thinking of getting a roll though, just to see if my bad luck has changed. Not sure which roll to get, but I only wanna spend $500. Any ideas?

edit: new $20 game eh? Do you know the top prize?

Brooklyn, NY
                          United States
                          Member #115853
                          August 29, 2011
                          71 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

OMG..........I got $600 again!!!!!   Same $10 ticket too     I won $40 from Mega with the multiplier last nite..2#'s plus the megaball (45)  $10 prize X4...

I went to the store across from where I work (Bklyn) to get coffee and cash it in...paid for breakfast and news.....$30 winnings left in my hand, gambler

that I am I spot the $10 Triple Millions and of course I buy 3 and spend the $30....back at work I scratch #42 nothing.....scratch #41 nothing

scratch #40............Bingo!   I got a coin...prize $300.....keep scratching.....match #21...prize $300 for a total of $600  (remember the odds on this ticket 

for $600 prize is 1 in 1,680)   I do win but I also play...$150 worth of tickets when I got $$$     

so with the winnings I spent $100 and played some numbers, Take 5, powerball with the powerplay option, lotto and pick 10!!!  I will let you know the out come!    Lep Good Luck

Brooklyn, NY
                            United States
                            Member #115853
                            August 29, 2011
                            71 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Sorry I was so excited about winning I forgot to tell you about the New $20 ticket.....it is coming out on Oct 4, called the Magnificent Multiplier

couldn't see the grand prize but the prize multiplier is X 50.....yep times 50!   it looks like there are a few ways to win going down the left side and then

matching across....I really can not wait!  I will let you know the grand prize and the odds as soon as I find out!  Good Luck!

Florida
                              United States
                              Member #104435
                              January 14, 2011
                              2244 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Good job mamamary !!!

Page 41 of 46