Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win with Magic ( numbers and more)

Topic closed. 384 replies. Last post 5 years ago by sully16.

Page 12 of 26
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2011, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Ridge, here's an article on sardonyx.  There are lots of color and pattern choices with this semi-precious gemstone.  The word was misspelled in the zodiac article that I posted earlier, which I didn't notice until now.  Thanks for your post!  I appreciate it!

Gemstones: Onyx, Sardonyx

Onyx - a symbol of eloquence.

Stone's names: Onyx, Sardonyx (with white and brown bands).

Color: The layers in these stones range from translucent to opaque for sardonyx.The stones vary in color, too. They may be white or gray, ranging to many colorful varieties. Sardonyx stones usually contain flat-banded, white and brownish-red bands. Onyx is a gemstone with alternating light and dark bands, which are colored in brown, red, black, white and grey.

Description:SiO2 Onyx is striped, semiprecious variety of the silica mineral agate with white and black, brown or red alternating bands. Its properties are the same as those of quartz.

Birthstone: Sardonyx is the birthstone of Leo (Lion): July 23 - Aug 22.

Wedding anniversary: Onyx is the anniversary gemstone for the 7th year of marriage.
Black Onyx is the anniversary gemstone for the 10th year of marriage.

The name's origin: The word Sardonyx is derived from the Greek, Sard meaning "reddish brown," and onyx meaning "veined gem."

Varieties: Varieties of onyx include carnelian onyx, with white and red bands, and sardonyx, with white and brown bands.

Care and treatment: Onyx may chip or scratch rather easily, so store onyx carefully and never allow two specimens to touch each other.

From the stone history: The name onyx was used by the Romans for a variety of stones including alabaster, chalcedony, and what is now known as onyx marble. Roman soldiers wore sardonyx talismans engraved with heroes such as Hercules or Mars, god of war. They believed that the stone would make the wearer as brave and daring as the figured carved on it. During the Renaissance, sardonyx was believed to bring eloquence upon the wearer and was regarded with great value by public speakers and orators.

Cameos are cut from stones, such as onyx, sardonix or agate, where different colors occur in layers. The background material is cut away, leaving the cameo design in relief. Onyx is also used in intaglios because its layers can be cut to show a color contrast between the design and the background.
Sardonyx at one time was more precious than gold, silver, or sapphire. Sardonyx is always widely used in cameos and intaglios.

Shopping guide: Onyx is a rich-looking, affordable gemstone. It is often mixed with pearls to create elegant jewelry. Treated agate is often sold as Black Onyx.

Healing ability: Onix is used as a heart, kidney, nerve, capillary, hair, eye and nail strengthener. Onyx is said to help one sleep. This gemstone helps to eliminate apathy, stress and neurological disorders.

Mystical power: This gemstone eliminates negative thinking, it is also believed to sharpen the wits of the wearer. Onyx is said to bring spiritual inspiration. It is a great assistance in holding emotions and passions under control.
Black Onyx is used to help one change habits.

Deposits: The chief localities of onyx are India and South America.

OK, that's why I couldn't find it. Thanks Moon, appreciate it.

You and sully keep up the good work, great thread.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

macomb mi 48044
    United States
    Member #48645
    January 4, 2007
    290 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

need help from michigan for lucky numbers. i was born 2-15-60. can any one help. need to pay bills thank you god bless.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40564 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2011, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

need help from michigan for lucky numbers. i was born 2-15-60. can any one help. need to pay bills thank you god bless.

You can join us in the Michigan pick 3 forum or visit the predictions page, the is a systems forum, upgrading your membership is a good start, we have lots of tools here to help you learn to be a winner, if you take the time to learn you will be amazed at how good you can become, good luck to you Mchammer.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40564 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2011, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

OK, that's why I couldn't find it. Thanks Moon, appreciate it.

You and sully keep up the good work, great thread.

Thanks Ridge, we are working on Lucky charms, wives tales and superstitions, got some interesting stuff coming up.

Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          40564 Posts
          Posted: May 5, 2011, 8:58 am - IP Logged

CHARMS-SUPERSTITIONS-OLD WIVES TALES

We have been digging up some old lucky and some unlucky wives tales, enjoy !

ACORN- Used to ward off evil, given as a gift to bring good luck and ensure a long life.

AMBER- Worn as a necklace to ward off colds.

Ambulance- Very unlucky, Pinch your nose or hold your breath until you see a black or brown dog.

Apple- Cut an apple and count the seeds , so you'll know how many children you will have.

BABY- To predict the sex of the baby, tie a wedding band to a string, hold over the palm of a pregnant woman, if it swings in an oval or circle it will be a girl, if it swings back and forth, it's a boy.

BASEBALL BAT-Spit on a new bat to bring luck

BED- It's bad luck to put a hat on a bed, and always get out of bed on the same side you got in.

BEE- If a bee enters your home it's a sign you'll have a visitor, if you kill the bee, your visitor will be unpleasant.

BELLS-The sound of bells drives away demons, because the loud sound scares them.

BIRD- A bird in the house is a sign of death, if it's a robin it will be a family member.

BIRTH- Mondays child is fair of face.

Tuesdays child is full of grace.

Wednesdays child is full of woe.

Thursdays child has far to go.

Fridays child is loving and giving.

Saturdays child works hard for a living.

Sundays child is fair and wise.

BIRTHDAY CAKE- Blow out all the candles in one breath and your wish will come true.

BLUE- Wear a blue bead to protect yourself from witches.

Touch blue and your wish will come true

BREAD- Before slicing a new loaf of bread, make the sign of the cross.

Never turn a loaf of bread upside down after the first slice has been removed.

BRIDGE- If you say good-bye to a friend on a bridge you will never see them again.

BROOM- Do not lean a broom against a bed, the evil spirits from the broom will cast a spell on the bed.

Never take a broom when you move, throw it out and buy a new one.

To prevent an unwelcome guest from returning, sweep the room they were in immediatly after they leave.

BUTTERFLY- If the first butterfly you see in the year is white you will have good luck all year.

3 butterflies together is good luck.

More to come if you have a wives tales you wish to share , feel free or if you need a number for one of these items, just ask.

Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40564 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2011, 8:09 am - IP Logged

CANDLES- Should one go out during a religous ceremony, it means evil spirits are close by.

CALF- If the first calf born during the winter is white , it will be a very hard winter.

CAT- If  black cat walks towards you it brings good luck, if it walks away it takes the luck with it.

If a black cat crosses your path, if it sees you turn around if it does not see you proceed.

CHEEKS- If your cheeks suddenly feel on fire , someone is talking about you.

CHILL- If you get sudden chills or goosebumps, someone is walking on your grave.

CHIMNEY SWEEP- It is very lucky to meet a chimney sweep by chance, make a wish and it will come true.

CIRCLE- Evil spirits can't harm you if your standing in a circle.

CLOCK- If a clock which has not been working suddenly chimes there will be a death in the family.

CLOVER- It is very good luck to find a 4 leaf clover, also when clover is kept in the house it protects humans from spells.

COIN- It is bad luck to pick up a coin tails up, good luck if its face up, tape a found penny to your door frame -face out to bring prosperity to your home.

COMB- To drop a comb while combing you hair is a sign of coming disappointment.

COWS- When they lift their tails , it is a sure sign of rain coming.

CRACK- Step on a crack and break your mother back, avoid the next three and take it back.

Philadelphia Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #110379
              May 2, 2011
              7 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2011, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I truly LOVE this THREAD!! What more can a solitary chick ask for! You ALL ROCK!  I purchased a Purple Crystal Ball more than a month ago and I've been trying to use everything from Candles to pendulums to win BIG $$$$. With a home full of children, student loans and day to day bills. Its fun to play!

Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40564 Posts
                Posted: May 8, 2011, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

I truly LOVE this THREAD!! What more can a solitary chick ask for! You ALL ROCK!  I purchased a Purple Crystal Ball more than a month ago and I've been trying to use everything from Candles to pendulums to win BIG $$$$. With a home full of children, student loans and day to day bills. Its fun to play!

Thank you csmith1977, glad you are enjoying the thread , best wishes and good luck to you, I hope you find your pot of gold.

shirbird's avatar - oliana
                  spout spring va.
                  United States
                  Member #73235
                  April 9, 2009
                  1296 Posts
                  Posted: May 8, 2011, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

thank you sully and harvest moon these posts are very interesting i was in to this when younger but kids and grandkids took all my time so glad you sterted this.

Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40564 Posts
                    Posted: May 8, 2011, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

thank you sully and harvest moon these posts are very interesting i was in to this when younger but kids and grandkids took all my time so glad you sterted this.

Thank you shirbird, glad your enjoying the thread, good luck to you.Sun Smiley

prosperity$'s avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                      Member #47591
                      November 13, 2006
                      380 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2011, 1:42 am - IP Logged

hello im really n-joying all the post yall hav ,they are what ive been looking for please dont stop posting them ,all blessingz,and prosperity  to all

Drum White BounceHello my lottery family/may *****Pro$perity***** help us all /through gods blessings/love,respect ,good luck and great gambling to all*******$$cc$$$*********    "I love dem doubles"PartyJack-in-the-Box

middle Georgia
                        United States
                        Member #1893
                        July 20, 2003
                        1868 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2011, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Sully16 and Harve$t Moon, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for my question or not, but here goes.       During my recent five (5) hour Emergency Room visit this odd incident occured that had nothing to do with me.   A lady housekeeper found a dime on the floor on her last trip in the room.  She told me that finding a dime is an indication of your deceased grandfather's presence.  I had not heard that before.  Your thoughts?  Thanks.

maggie   See Ya!

P.S.   A fasinating thread...5 stars!

Of all the joys life can bring, remembrance is the sweetest thing.

Ringleader
                          Michigan
                          United States
                          Member #81740
                          October 28, 2009
                          40564 Posts
                          Posted: May 9, 2011, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Sully16 and Harve$t Moon, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for my question or not, but here goes.       During my recent five (5) hour Emergency Room visit this odd incident occured that had nothing to do with me.   A lady housekeeper found a dime on the floor on her last trip in the room.  She told me that finding a dime is an indication of your deceased grandfather's presence.  I had not heard that before.  Your thoughts?  Thanks.

maggie   See Ya!

Maggie-let me look that up, usually deceased relatives are spirit guides , not to be confused with guardian Angels. Sometimes those who have passed check in on us from time to time.

Ringleader
                            Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #81740
                            October 28, 2009
                            40564 Posts
                            Posted: May 9, 2011, 6:58 am - IP Logged

hello im really n-joying all the post yall hav ,they are what ive been looking for please dont stop posting them ,all blessingz,and prosperity  to all

Thank you and Blessings to you as well. Good Luck.

Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40564 Posts
                              Posted: May 9, 2011, 9:35 am - IP Logged

maggie   See Ya!

Maggie, I did some digging, and found that there is a wives tale about finding old coins could be a visitation of relatives passed, nothing about dimes in particular, but mercury dimes were the origin.

I also found some other interesting facts on coins,

Lucky omens

Carrying a coin with a hole in it.

Carrying a bent coin.

Throwing a coin in a fountain.

Carrying a silver coin with your birth year on it.

Finding a coin in the rain, heads up.

Keeping a jar of pennies in the kitchen.

Turn a silver coin over in your pocket during a full moon and make a wish.

Throwing coins in a new car to bring good luck.

To attract money, fill a glass jar a quarter full with rice and drop in a coin, have family members drop in coins and stir, keep in kitchen.

Fill a small green cloth bag with dried cranberry seeds and keep with you while gambling or playing lottery.

Unlucky omens

Picking up a coin that is not heads up.

Putting coins in more than 1 pocket.

Giving someone a purse or wallet unless you put a coin in it.

Handing someone a knife without first receiving a coin and vice-versa.

I hope this helps.

Page 12 of 26