Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you know if your Lottery System is getting better ?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 6 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
Denver, Co
United States
Member #103046
December 29, 2010
546 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2011, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I keep a daily record of my picks, as well as a daily set of randomly picked numbers. I compare my actual system wins vs the random #'s and as long as the system picks outperform the random picks over the long haul, I know I and my system are doing well.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2011, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

Lately, my 'system' dictates a small pool of numbers, and I have noticed that a lot of the numbers I come up with today are the numbers that hit 3-4 draws ago - and I come up with these numbers NOT LOOKING AT what hit 3-4 draws ago until AFTER I have come up with my pool.

Somehow I need to get it advanced, I have missed on all five WB's hitting 4 or 5 times by a week or two.

I don't pull 'numbers' - I look at when the last time a number hit, and what hit yesterday, and if I calculate a number should hit that has not hit in 12 games, then I play it. I know I am 'close' if a number that has not hit in 11 or 13 games hits.

You can have the greatest system in the world, but you need the luck of hitting ALL NUMBERS, having a system that gets you 1 or 2 numbers consistently is good, but not good enough.

Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
      Wyncote,Pa
      United States
      Member #3206
      January 3, 2004
      60714 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2011, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I keep a  record  of my system on my desk and from past posts.

I don't know if its getting better but edges of my workout formula sheets are worn and darkening from use..

That tells me: 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it... which means if a system or method works well there is no reason to change it

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2011, 1:40 am - IP Logged

The word luck is only used because most folks don't have the information needed to win. There is a reason for everything that happens and just because we don't understand it makes it look like "Luck".

Surely ping pong balls don't have a brain, but that's irrelevant. I hear so many folks say that. I don't care If they have a brain or not, what I care about is how they behave whether they like it or not. Observing behavior has nothing to do with whether the object can think or not. I along with the multitudes of folks out there don't have the knowledge or brainpower to beat the system 95% of the time, but that doesn't mean a system that is changing and very complex which can beat the system doesn't exist.

Here's  a  raw example:

If we could travel back in time to caveman days and bring a car with us with the keys on the front seat, eventually the caveman will toy around with it until he realizes he has to turn the key in the ignition. His caveman buddy may tell him  ( in caveman language) that since it took him a year to realize thow to start the car, it was just luck. But in fact, there was systematic way of starting the car, and the caveman was simply ignorant of that fact.

Just like the caveman, we are all ignorant of the very complex system that is needed to beat a chaotic environment such as the Pick 3, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a systematic way to beat it.

Everything in life is an illusion, and that includes perception...

You compare a random draw with figuring out how to start a car?

You are completely out of your mind.

Now, if we had the SAME five numbers to work with: that MIGHT lead to some common deductions, more along the line of 'what is due', but I am willing to bet most folks on here (or in the real world) do NOT CONSISTENTLY get even two of the white balls 'every time'.

If someone DOES get all six numbers, it will be an act of deduction AND and act of 'luck'.

If you play the same set of numbers ALL of your life, there is a chance you can win, but good lord man, do you not understand why they lay odds of 1 in 200 MILLION?

I have possibly the best system out there, but even at that I simply refuse to pay what it takes to win, because 1) It's about $300/draw, and 2) NOTHING is perfect. My system will hit, but I cannot tell you WHEN it will hit, but I can tell you I do VERY WELL at Keno with my system, and it also applies to PB, but there is a huge difference in being able to play 20 games of Keno in an hour vs. 4 games of PB a week (2 per draw).

Folks keep forgetting, the best minds in the world have tried to crack the Lottery, and none have.

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2011, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Folks keep forgetting, the best minds in the world have tried to crack the lottery, and none have.

Not yet, guesser, but someone will one day. 

You had some good ideas back in the day.  I am using one now and find it to be extremely useful.  I think you quit too soon.  Go back to what you were doing and ask yourself this: "What can I possibly create to move closer to my goal?"

Good luck and happy hunting.

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: May 18, 2011, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Folks keep forgetting, the best minds in the world have tried to crack the lottery, and none have.

Not yet, guesser, but someone will one day. 

You had some good ideas back in the day.  I am using one now and find it to be extremely useful.  I think you quit too soon.  Go back to what you were doing and ask yourself this: "What can I possibly create to move closer to my goal?"

Good luck and happy hunting.

I never quit playing, I've always played, I just avoided coming here, for the most part.

Folks win the lotteries all the time, most with no 'system' aside from a quick pick, that should tell SOME of the folks here that LUCK, yes, LUCK - has a lot to do with it.  But noooooooooooooo, some folks INSIST luck has nothing to do with it....

United States
              Member #105312
              January 29, 2011
              435 Posts
              Posted: May 18, 2011, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Constant testing against future draws, noting whatever appears to be showing promise and attempting to identify why, making minor revisions, more testing against future draws ad infinitum.  Avoiding the daily race against 'tonight' by resisting the temptation to buy tickets, thereby hopefully maintaining objectivity and circumventing bursts of premature conclusions.

I don't have a particular 'system', though what I'm attempting to do might someday emerge into something resembling one without having intended to.  Probably the willingness to 'try anything' and keeping the common denominator imposed by what I [think I] already know as low as possible provides me with the best means of assessing whether my 'system' is improving.

The 'system' disintegrates gradually as my certainties rigidify and I drift toward already knowing too much.  Seems to happen concurrently with premature conclusions and locking my teeth into flawed premises to be chased regardless of evidence to the contrary.

CT
                United States
                Member #60059
                April 4, 2008
                855 Posts
                Posted: May 18, 2011, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Which ever system you chose to use should allow you to back test the current draw to see where you went wrong in the previous draw.

The way to success with any system is patterns that happen ever couple of draws and tracking and taking advantage of them.

Better yet is the system tracks these patterns and alerts you when they are due or over due.

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: May 19, 2011, 12:49 am - IP Logged

Which ever system you chose to use should allow you to back test the current draw to see where you went wrong in the previous draw.

The way to success with any system is patterns that happen ever couple of draws and tracking and taking advantage of them.

Better yet is the system tracks these patterns and alerts you when they are due or over due.

The problem is there are always too many 'due' or 'overdue' numbers to be able to discern 5 - or even 10 or 15 numbers.

Out of 59 numbers there are usually 20 that are 'due' - and you can bet only 2, maybe 3 of those will hit, which leaves 39 others to choose from.

Jordans121's avatar - nw bookeep.jpg

United States
                    Member #69169
                    January 5, 2009
                    2122 Posts
                    Posted: May 19, 2011, 3:12 am - IP Logged

There is nooo way to possibly know when your system is getting hot. Its all in the mind!! There are too many variable at play. Trust me I track pretty much all of them and have even created my own way of tracking but numbers fluctuate and are forever changing. That doesnt mean I cant hit, it just means I dont when the numbers are coming OUT (the sooner the better) and that is the Most Important Variable.

"Many Strategies|One Game"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: May 19, 2011, 4:09 am - IP Logged

Apparently from some of these responses there are players who only think they have a system when actually they have a fancy way to pick combinations randomly which is called a QP when done by a lottery terminal.  Random doesn't change with time getting better or worst, it just stays random.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: May 19, 2011, 9:56 am - IP Logged

You think the lottery is 100% luck?

Yes...Pure luck...Nothing but luck..Ping pong balls...

Pure luck

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #99032
                          October 18, 2010
                          1439 Posts
                          Posted: May 19, 2011, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Apparently from some of these responses there are players who only think they have a system when actually they have a fancy way to pick combinations randomly which is called a QP when done by a lottery terminal.  Random doesn't change with time getting better or worst, it just stays random.

As far as number selection goes you're right.

The only legitimate "system" is one that raises your odds when something happens, like a key number wheel, with filters or something.

So like 2 key numbers, and the filter says out of the remaining 3 they have to have 3 odds.  Something like that can drasically pretty much give you a JP win, if you get your key numbers and conditions right, which makes it just as much of a gamble.

I need some filtering software so I can take a look at this.  Last time I was thinking of playing my key wheel, I hesitated and got my 2 key numbers right and didn't play.  Probably would have hit at least 1 4 of 5 that night.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: May 19, 2011, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

As far as number selection goes you're right.

The only legitimate "system" is one that raises your odds when something happens, like a key number wheel, with filters or something.

So like 2 key numbers, and the filter says out of the remaining 3 they have to have 3 odds.  Something like that can drasically pretty much give you a JP win, if you get your key numbers and conditions right, which makes it just as much of a gamble.

I need some filtering software so I can take a look at this.  Last time I was thinking of playing my key wheel, I hesitated and got my 2 key numbers right and didn't play.  Probably would have hit at least 1 4 of 5 that night.

If you're using a wheeling system, you don't need filtering software to know if it would have worked.  Just plug in your numbers and compare its combinations with the drawing results.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #99032
                              October 18, 2010
                              1439 Posts
                              Posted: May 19, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

If you're using a wheeling system, you don't need filtering software to know if it would have worked.  Just plug in your numbers and compare its combinations with the drawing results.

True, although I was thinking of filtering as if it was a 3/38 and keying the two other numbers.  I don't know whether you'd call that a wheel.....  I guess it's not.

The thing is I don't know it it'd work because I only picked my key numbers.  I'm saying chances were I would have gotten something considered the wheel I was going to use uses 10 additional numbers.  I guess I could have gotten them all the numbers wrong though.