Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you know if your Lottery System is getting better ?

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 6 years ago by guesser.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: May 22, 2011, 12:37 am - IP Logged

RL - statistical analysis is very important for one thing: determining what will NOT happen in the next game.

Would you play all the same numbers that just hit over again in the very next game?

If the two numbers that have gone the longest without hitting just hit, would you in turn play the NEXT TWO numbers that have gone the longest without hitting?

Let's say numbers 2-4-6-33-47 hit, would you play 2-4-6 again?   EVER?

Would you logically play 45-47-52-54-56? Probably not.

There are a lot of things you can do to help eliminate 'bad' combos, there is little to help you pick actual NUMBERS across the board, ie all five WB's.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19818 Posts
    Posted: May 22, 2011, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

RJOh

I need to rephrase or remove my previous statement,  The stats when used correctly can offer some

good information and give a person a better understanding of what one might expect.  There is no

way to analyze data without using the stats in some way.  What I was attacking was maybe my own

attempts to quantify my selections into a mathematically provable set of rules which ended in failure.

We must use all our abilities as best we can because the odds against us are so great.   I have no

right to attack what anyone uses even if they choose QP.  Please accept my apologies.     

RL

Apologies accepted but wasn't necessary.  When ever I post an opinion or idea about picking lottery numbers I expect some criticism, it's the nature of a conversation about the unprovable.  There are no right and wrong ways to pick lottery numbers but there may be better ways and that's what we all are looking for.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: May 22, 2011, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

I am like you, but my skin is a lot thinner.

I don't like it when someone tries to say I am 'wrong', when I clearly say 'nothing is a sure thing'.

There are tendencies, and they do hit, but as I always say, those tendencies may only get you one or two numbers.

Just like when I said 'history shows after a RB number repeats, the next RB is usually from the 30's'. It was, but I could not tell you which one it would be. And history is not always 100%.

United States
        Member #75358
        June 1, 2009
        5345 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2011, 1:16 am - IP Logged

It's All Smoke & Mirrors!

That's why the Lotteries use multiple Ball Sets, multiple Ball Machines, and have no Witnesses at the Drawings... LOL

Yup...

It's false hope for folks who live the rest of their lives "knowing" they're gonna win the JP. Especially when 99% of the players will never win  a JP.

The biggest scam after this is the multiplier BS.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2011, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Yup...

It's false hope for folks who live the rest of their lives "knowing" they're gonna win the JP. Especially when 99% of the players will never win  a JP.

And that's why the only hope of winning is to meditate over the numbers. ESP is the only way to beat the enormous odds.

But with smaller games like p-3 and p-4, systems do exist that would enable someone who does their homework, like I will be doing shortly, and making a living off the game.

CT
            United States
            Member #60059
            April 4, 2008
            855 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2011, 10:01 am - IP Logged

And that's why the only hope of winning is to meditate over the numbers. ESP is the only way to beat the enormous odds.

But with smaller games like p-3 and p-4, systems do exist that would enable someone who does their homework, like I will be doing shortly, and making a living off the game.

ESP is only one tool.

The Megaplier and PowerPlay is a good value.

They gurantee a 2X prize to start.

A good system will reduce the odds.

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2011, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Yup...

How can you POSSIBLY even THINK the lottery is a scam?

They display the odds very clearly, and every one of us here knows the odds, it is not a scam whatsoever.

What do you want it to be?   one in three odds of winning 100 Million dollars?

Are you out of your mind?

Listen, we ALL know the odds, I don't think any one of us truly EXPECTS to win, but playing the lottery is NO DIFFERENT than betting on a trifecta at a horse race (albeit with much higher odds), we play this GAME as a SPORT, that is all it is, a GAME. You may choose to play - or not - that is up to you, but playing the lottery is NOT A SCAM.

A SCAM is something that is misrepresented as something else, and the lotteries do NOT fill that bill.

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

It's All Smoke & Mirrors!

That's why the Lotteries use multiple Ball Sets, multiple Ball Machines, and have no Witnesses at the Drawings... LOL

I will say it again: you are DEAD WRONG on the 'no witnesses' part, that I know as personal FACT.

And they use and mix and match different ball machines and ballsets so you cannot spot a tendency - I WOULD TO.

You cannot get much more random than it is, so you cannot say it is 'fixed'.

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2011, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

You just lost what little credibility you had.

Why do you say ESP is the only hope for one game and not another?

Why won't ESP work on P-3?

Why can't you take a P-3 and P-4 systems and expand into P-5?

The fact is you can't, all you are doing with a P-3 or even P-4 'system' is playing against better odds, I don't have a 'system' perse' and I clean up playing pick-4 and pick-5 at KENO, but with KENO you can play 15-20 games in an hour, you are bound to hit a pick-5 for $800 if you just PAY ATTENTION. I hit at least two a week, and there are a few days of the week I go in, watch, and don't play a single game because I don't like what I see. Pick your poison.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                    Member #6363
                    August 20, 2004
                    4053 Posts
                    Posted: May 23, 2011, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Like the old saying goes:

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

Be prepared by doing your homework.

Your so-called luck can be increased.

If you believe otherwise, you need to re-eval the system you use.

I am talking about the P3 & P4 games.

Any of the bigger games are way out of my league.

I use QP for those.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19818 Posts
                      Posted: May 23, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

The only advantage I see that pick3 games  have over jackpot games is spending a thousand dollars can win the top prize for sure and that can't be done with the jackpot games.

Evil Looking       

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                        Member #6363
                        August 20, 2004
                        4053 Posts
                        Posted: May 23, 2011, 2:15 pm - IP Logged

The only advantage I see that pick3 games  have over jackpot games is spending a thousand dollars can win the top prize for sure and that can't be done with the jackpot games.

Tha depends on what your goal is? If you are trying to retire early, then yes, your statement would hold true. But if you can be happy with the chance to win anywhere from $50 to several thousand dollars a day, P3 may be for you.  In P3 you have the option to narrow a P3 Pick to 1 or 2 combos and play it/them multiple times. You can walk away with several thousand of dollars and you have the options to do that any day of the week (as far as opportunity) and you don't have to pay taxes on it. (Did I say that out loud?)

I mean, last year I got a 5/6 ticket last year on MO Lotto and got $892. That is chump change to what I pulled in from the P3 game. and I didn't have to beat 15,480 to 1 odds to get it.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

CT
                          United States
                          Member #60059
                          April 4, 2008
                          855 Posts
                          Posted: May 23, 2011, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

I'll tell whats a scam is the prize pools for PICK5, PICK6 lower tier.

The prize for 5 out 6 numbers in CT is 2000*

If 1 person hits you could get $15000

if 20 people hit you get $600

Imagine after all the years of playing you finally hit 5 numbers only to get $600

Thats why if you play the same ticket week after week but 2-3 tickets with same numbers.

Luck be with you!!!

NOTE: All numbers posted are BOXED and unless otherwise noted.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19818 Posts
                            Posted: May 23, 2011, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I'll tell whats a scam is the prize pools for PICK5, PICK6 lower tier.

The prize for 5 out 6 numbers in CT is 2000*

If 1 person hits you could get $15000

if 20 people hit you get $600

Imagine after all the years of playing you finally hit 5 numbers only to get $600

Thats why if you play the same ticket week after week but 2-3 tickets with same numbers.

Each state have a different payout scheme for their pick5 and pick6 games.  Ohio 5of6 pays $1500 to everyone with a 5of6 and all their other lower tiers prizes are fixed amounts too.  Their pick5 game top prizes starts at $100K and rolls to someone match 5 and all winners share the top prize, all others prizes are fixed amounts.

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #75358
                              June 1, 2009
                              5345 Posts
                              Posted: May 23, 2011, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

How can you POSSIBLY even THINK the lottery is a scam?

They display the odds very clearly, and every one of us here knows the odds, it is not a scam whatsoever.

What do you want it to be?   one in three odds of winning 100 Million dollars?

Are you out of your mind?

Listen, we ALL know the odds, I don't think any one of us truly EXPECTS to win, but playing the lottery is NO DIFFERENT than betting on a trifecta at a horse race (albeit with much higher odds), we play this GAME as a SPORT, that is all it is, a GAME. You may choose to play - or not - that is up to you, but playing the lottery is NOT A SCAM.

A SCAM is something that is misrepresented as something else, and the lotteries do NOT fill that bill.

Enough with the ....'Are you out of your mind" bit. What does being out of my mind have anything to do with this?

Do you see the word scam anywhere in my post? Get a grip dude...!, and stop reading too much in what I write.

All I said that it is false hope for folks who "KNOW" they will win, when in fact 99% of them won't win the JP. How do you get "scam" out of that...What?

Also, did I say you couldn't use ESP with p-3 and p-4?....show me where I said that...lol

Lay of the high caffiene coffee...loo