Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All The Brains

Topic closed. 130 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
homeland security
United States
Member #82523
November 15, 2009
98 Posts
Posted: May 26, 2011, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I was reading thru some of the systems posted here, and come to the conclusion.. that though everyone has his/her method, YET nobody has yet to come up with a reliable system.  I can tell this site has some of the most intuitive, creative minds, yet it seems that all the key brains can't get together and meld into one.  I guess the most advantage the lottery has on each individual is "GREED"... which keeps us from acting as one. I do realize the lottery 5/39 is the most challenging over the mere pick 3 games. Some people are forthcoming on their methods, and I would like to thank each and everyone who have shared to benefit the whole.  Maybe one day we will overcome the selfish individual mind and attain to the collective minds.

I wish I had critcial info. to contribute to this site, unfortunately i'm only good at making excel do what I want it to do.  The biggest problem is I don't know what I want it to do..lol.. when I find one concept of extraction, then other infinite possibilites develop upon each discovery.. maybe I need to develop a more simpler mind...which in itself can lead to my undoing.. anyways.. If u need me to excel some concepts for you then I'm here...I'm about exceled out with my concepts..

United States
    Member #105312
    January 29, 2011
    435 Posts
    Posted: May 26, 2011, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I was reading thru some of the systems posted here, and come to the conclusion.. that though everyone has his/her method, YET nobody has yet to come up with a reliable system.  I can tell this site has some of the most intuitive, creative minds, yet it seems that all the key brains can't get together and meld into one.  I guess the most advantage the lottery has on each individual is "GREED"... which keeps us from acting as one. I do realize the lottery 5/39 is the most challenging over the mere pick 3 games. Some people are forthcoming on their methods, and I would like to thank each and everyone who have shared to benefit the whole.  Maybe one day we will overcome the selfish individual mind and attain to the collective minds.

I wish I had critcial info. to contribute to this site, unfortunately i'm only good at making excel do what I want it to do.  The biggest problem is I don't know what I want it to do..lol.. when I find one concept of extraction, then other infinite possibilites develop upon each discovery.. maybe I need to develop a more simpler mind...which in itself can lead to my undoing.. anyways.. If u need me to excel some concepts for you then I'm here...I'm about exceled out with my concepts..

thinktank:  People do ask a lot of questions about EXCEL here.  I haven't noticed whether you've been answering some of them.

But a lot of people do share their methods.  I haven't seen any example of anyone posting threads attempting to create workgroups or community projects to develop systems or methods.

Maybe you're onto an idea worth trying if you want to start some threads and see if anyone wants to join together to share part of the work and ideas.

My general impression is that's not quite the way things work.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: May 26, 2011, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

The various ideas here are like the spice rack in your kitchen; you can make many very tasty dishes if you combine some of them correctly, but if you try to glom everything into one big pot then the results will be less than optimal.

There's a lot more cooperation going on than there appears to be.

Pick a game, start posting a few ideas, like-minded people will chime in.

Groups below 8 seem to work out best.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2011, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Contrary to what you believe there are some LP members working together on lottery projects, they're just not doing it on a forum where others can inject opinions and comments that may have nothing to do with what they are trying to accomplish.  They are using PMs and e-mail to communicate and exchange information. 

At least that what I've been told by members inviting me to join such an arrangement but I prefer working alone and sharing ideas in an open thread.  I'm simple not a team player when it come to lotteries, I enjoy doing my own thing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #105312
          January 29, 2011
          435 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2011, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

Contrary to what you believe there are some LP members working together on lottery projects, they're just not doing it on a forum where others can inject opinions and comments that may have nothing to do with what they are trying to accomplish.  They are using PMs and e-mail to communicate and exchange information. 

At least that what I've been told by members inviting me to join such an arrangement but I prefer working alone and sharing ideas in an open thread.  I'm simple not a team player when it come to lotteries, I enjoy doing my own thing.

Such groups do exist.  Possibly a lot of them.  But most of us working within those kinds of groups are just working alone, occasionally getting some help from other members where we run up against a dead-end and need to bounce ideas off someone else with even a feigned interest.  At least that's my personal experience with it.  The group mainly just provides a setting where ideas and projects can be discussed without a lot of interference from whatever the sources of interference is on LP forums.

But that's just my personal view and observation based on what I've seen on LP and within my particular circle of people offlist.

I'd be tempted to suspect the history of LP member attempts to work together onlist has been tried plenty of times over the years and has resulted in people backing away or going offlist.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: May 27, 2011, 1:36 am - IP Logged

I don't disagree with what you said one bit.

The reason I don't contribute as much as I used to is because I grew tired of having to defend myself, it's not worth the aggravation.

And YES, we are all selfish GREEDY SOB's, not doubt about it, and if anyone says they are not, they are lying.

homeland security
              United States
              Member #82523
              November 15, 2009
              98 Posts
              Posted: May 27, 2011, 6:40 am - IP Logged

Thanks guys for all your replys, and remember I'm an opened mind... so if you want me to help with excel in anything let me know.  U can pm me to make it private so people wouldn't crucify you for your suggestions and concepts- as I have seen in other forums' topics.  Maybe I can start something here!  My job allows me plenty of time to work on excel, so I thought maybe someone here would like to take advantage of the opportunity.  So far just to share ....  I've done some amazin study on breaking down the lottery numbers into binary code, and there are patterns there.. but nothing serious to my knowledge.. maybe this little info can spark something in someone else head!  I always say put it into 0's and 1's and there's the fun.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                United States
                Member #33372
                February 20, 2006
                1044 Posts
                Posted: May 27, 2011, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Very few (if any) posters here use the binary numbers in the lotto quest.  I think I am the only one.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2011, 2:07 am - IP Logged

I've used letters to represent groups of numbers like A for the lower half and B for the higher half and E and O for even and odd numbers in a pool which makes looking at the distribution of numbers in past drawings easier.

Evil Looking       

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
                    BOSTON
                    United States
                    Member #48
                    September 9, 2001
                    3594 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2011, 10:51 am - IP Logged

would like to see if after entering a lot of keno games could excel check for best combinations to play.thanks

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                      New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #86099
                      January 29, 2010
                      11119 Posts
                      Posted: May 28, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

We need more people on this site with your know how and willingness to help.  All I can say is if you have something post it and I'll use it.  THanks!

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19830 Posts
                        Posted: May 28, 2011, 11:23 am - IP Logged

would like to see if after entering a lot of keno games could excel check for best combinations to play.thanks

?*a/b√c=answer

Everyone knows the answers they want but they don't know what variables to use or how to use them to get the answers.  Usually when someone asks for help, they only define the answer part of the equation and expect someone else to come up with the variables and how to use them part of the equation.

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: May 28, 2011, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

Thanks guys for all your replys, and remember I'm an opened mind... so if you want me to help with excel in anything let me know.  U can pm me to make it private so people wouldn't crucify you for your suggestions and concepts- as I have seen in other forums' topics.  Maybe I can start something here!  My job allows me plenty of time to work on excel, so I thought maybe someone here would like to take advantage of the opportunity.  So far just to share ....  I've done some amazin study on breaking down the lottery numbers into binary code, and there are patterns there.. but nothing serious to my knowledge.. maybe this little info can spark something in someone else head!  I always say put it into 0's and 1's and there's the fun.

I've not done much using binary.

Excel is another matter; lots of ideas being thrown about in that and other forms of BASIC. Here's a list of most of the BASIC/Excel/VBA code snippets I could find from Feb. 22, 2011 and earlier. There has been some code posted since then, but not too much to find in 'search'.

http://www.lotterypost.com/blogentry/51699

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3983 Posts
                            Posted: May 28, 2011, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

thinktank

Got a little time before the wife gets home so I thought I would chime in.  There is plenty of brain power here

at lp and many have put forth some exciting ideas but I am afraid that is all we will ever get.  Finding a method

or series of methods that will unlock or crack the code so to speak will never happen.  Trying to solve the lottery

using math is a devils aaron, can't be done.   Using math to gain some good knowledge about the game however

is not.  No system with the exception of one that makes use of a time machine will ever be able to predict the 

next draw.  A lottery tool or program or system has only one function and that is to reduce sets, and the only way

to do that is to filter what you think will or won't hit.   There is no right or wrong way to pick numbers so what

a person must first ask is how much time do I want to spend making my selections.   Quick Picks are called Quick

for a reason so maybe Slow Picks would be a better name for Self Picks.  It's not hard to find patterns or other

data that shows more often but the trick is knowing when to put it into play.  I like to use visual patterns and

ignore the stats for that reason.  However the down side to this is that where I see a a pattern someone else

sees nothing.   I don't know why many of these stick out or make sense to me but they do.   So to sum it all up,

find what works for you and play it tell you win.  Having more then one method is also a good idea.   Another tip

which i wish someone would have told me is that when posting here never call anything a system, just start your

post with something like, I have what may be the stupidest idea in the history of LP but thought I would post it

anyway, thinking someone might need a good laugh.   

RL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: May 28, 2011, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

RL,

You sound different than the person who a few weeks ago introduced his Digit system for picking winning combinations.  You spoke of it as if you were using it to pick winning combinations regularly.  Was it just an idea you thought up off the top of your head and never tried or tested before sharing at LP? 

Now you're talking like Pumpi.  He's talked about cracking a lottery code and using a time machine to travel to the future to get drawing results before buying tickets.  Are your posts to be taken like those of Pumpi, interesting but no substance, maybe even a little comical?

There's nothing wrong with calling the routine, computer program or workout you use to pick lottery numbers a system even if it doesn't pick winners.  Just don't try convincing others that it does what it can't because someone will ask for proof.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck.

Evil Looking