Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

All The Brains

Topic closed. 130 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 8 of 9
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19830 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2011, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

I thought it was interesting when you show that 12 RC5 numbers produced two jackpot winners but to guarantee winning, all 792 combos must be played. The problem with creating a system using groups of numbers is the cost of an effective betting strategy. A better idea might be to construct a system based on how much we're willing to spend on a daily bases.

In the jackpot forum, butch2030 came up with 50 lines that had he played them since Ohio Classic Lotto first started he would had spent $35K, won 4 jackpots for $37.8M and $80K in other prizes.

He was suggesting there might still be a winner left in them and could help some Ohio players.  He's posting them on the prediction board to see what happens. 

I've alway thought it was easier to know what you could have done to win after the drawings than it is to know what you should do to win before the drawings.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2011, 2:47 am - IP Logged

I thought it was interesting when you show that 12 RC5 numbers produced two jackpot winners but to guarantee winning, all 792 combos must be played. The problem with creating a system using groups of numbers is the cost of an effective betting strategy. A better idea might be to construct a system based on how much we're willing to spend on a daily bases.

If the winning 5 numbers are among the 12 chosen, it won't take very many drawings to be able to afford playing all 792 in one go. Starting off, you won't have to play nearly that many.
    The bankroll will be quickly built up by the 4 of 5 prizes.

One wheel I found for a 4if5of12 takes 113 sets and wins a minimum of five 4-of-5 prizes (not counting the 3-of-5 prizes).

The Ohio site currently shows $300 paid on a 4-of-5 match.

$113 in, $1500 out (not counting the $10 3-of-5 and $1 2-of-5 prizes)

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7314 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2011, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

If the winning 5 numbers are among the 12 chosen, it won't take very many drawings to be able to afford playing all 792 in one go. Starting off, you won't have to play nearly that many.
      The bankroll will be quickly built up by the 4 of 5 prizes.

One wheel I found for a 4if5of12 takes 113 sets and wins a minimum of five 4-of-5 prizes (not counting the 3-of-5 prizes).

The Ohio site currently shows $300 paid on a 4-of-5 match.

$113 in, $1500 out (not counting the $10 3-of-5 and $1 2-of-5 prizes)

I learned my lesson the hard way starting out with a 3 if 5 of 14 wheel because I matched all 5 numbers and lost money. The 3 if 4 wheel gave me a slight profit but not enough to move on to a 4 if 4 or a 4 if 5. However the 2 and 3 matches did keep in the game much longer but only because of the $1 two number matches. In states that give free tickets for matching two numbers, it would really cut into the profits unless the freebies were contributing.

Everything considered, if you can catch some nice hits early, it's very possible to graduate to $792 and hit a $200,000 or $300,000 jackpot.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7314 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2011, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

In the jackpot forum, butch2030 came up with 50 lines that had he played them since Ohio Classic Lotto first started he would had spent $35K, won 4 jackpots for $37.8M and $80K in other prizes.

He was suggesting there might still be a winner left in them and could help some Ohio players.  He's posting them on the prediction board to see what happens. 

I've alway thought it was easier to know what you could have done to win after the drawings than it is to know what you should do to win before the drawings.

"He was suggesting there might still be a winner left in them and could help some Ohio players."

That's the reverse side of "it's a random drawing and you can't predict random" because those pesky ping pong balls can't prevent some of Butch's 50 combos from being drawn; not without cheating.

NASHVILLE, TENN
          United States
          Member #33372
          February 20, 2006
          1044 Posts
          Posted: June 18, 2011, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

"hey guys, I didn't mean for this topic to become a little heated, I just wanted us to stand together not divided."

Now you know why Guesser stopped posting.  He was getting too many antagonistic reponses.  Pity, too, for he had some very good ideas.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: June 18, 2011, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

"hey guys, I didn't mean for this topic to become a little heated, I just wanted us to stand together not divided."

Now you know why Guesser stopped posting.  He was getting too many antagonistic reponses.  Pity, too, for he had some very good ideas.

That's bound to happen occasionally when you get a bunch of brains together, the only thing they usually can agree on is "the other guys don't know what they're talking about".   Considering none of their great ideas has ever helped anyone win a lottery jackpot, they may be right.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19830 Posts
              Posted: June 18, 2011, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

That's bound to happen occasionally when you get a bunch of brains together, the only thing they usually can agree on is "the other guys don't know what they're talking about".   Considering none of their great ideas has ever helped anyone win a lottery jackpot, they may be right.

A good idea doesn't need the approval of others to have value, it just need the support of the person who came up with it. 

Usually it takes time for an idea to prove its value but most players, even the ones with the ideas, want to see  some value immediately or they're ready to move on to another idea.  That's one of the reasons I seldom take the advice of others seriously when picking numbers to play.  Too many give advice that they wouldn't take themselves.  If an idea has any value it will produce a winner in a lottery or on the prediction board.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7314 Posts
                Posted: June 20, 2011, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

A good idea doesn't need the approval of others to have value, it just need the support of the person who came up with it. 

Usually it takes time for an idea to prove its value but most players, even the ones with the ideas, want to see  some value immediately or they're ready to move on to another idea.  That's one of the reasons I seldom take the advice of others seriously when picking numbers to play.  Too many give advice that they wouldn't take themselves.  If an idea has any value it will produce a winner in a lottery or on the prediction board.

A while back a poster had an interesting method for playing the 6+1/42 Win For Life game, but by page 2 they began converting it for MM or PB before any real effort was made to apply it to WFL. I could understand the logic behind using that method in a game that draws 16.7% of all the numbers in every drawing but never understood the logic of moving on to more difficult games just because someone asked if it could be applied to PB or MM.

Most the pick-3 systems begin with a moderate 10 to 20 straight combos and usually evolves into 50 or more box combos on page 1. The ideas are there, but the systems get so watered down, they become useless.

I guess going off topic or adding confusion to the original ideas comes with the territory.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: June 20, 2011, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Most of the pick-3 systems quickly devolve into "take these pairs of numbers and mate them with the other 8 digits --- and box them".

At that point, you've upped the playlist until it's barely covered by any wins.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2011, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

But sometimes an outside person will see things that others simply don't see.

This was the case a few weeks ago when one gentleman predicted 5-14-53-56 to all hit in one game, I pointed out why that would not happen, and he roasted me. I told him those four won't hit together, and I also said it would not surprise me one bit to see two of them hit together, and that is exactly what happened 3-4 games later.

There are some things you just won't see hit in one game, such as 1-2-3-4-5, or 55-56-57-58-59, or any five numbers in a row. I THINK four in a row has hit before, but I am not sure.

70% of the winning numbers are three from 1-29, and two from 30-59, or two from 1-29, and three from 30-59. I said 70%, not 100%.

There is also a mix of odd/even numbers, most of the time, once in a great while you will see all even or all odd.

You also usually get two or three numbers from the pool that have hit in the last nine games, and two or three from ten games and beyond.

You can tell me I am full of baloney, but the chart will prove you otherwise.

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2011, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

But sometimes an outside person will see things that others simply don't see.

This was the case a few weeks ago when one gentleman predicted 5-14-53-56 to all hit in one game, I pointed out why that would not happen, and he roasted me. I told him those four won't hit together, and I also said it would not surprise me one bit to see two of them hit together, and that is exactly what happened 3-4 games later.

There are some things you just won't see hit in one game, such as 1-2-3-4-5, or 55-56-57-58-59, or any five numbers in a row. I THINK four in a row has hit before, but I am not sure.

70% of the winning numbers are three from 1-29, and two from 30-59, or two from 1-29, and three from 30-59. I said 70%, not 100%.

There is also a mix of odd/even numbers, most of the time, once in a great while you will see all even or all odd.

You also usually get two or three numbers from the pool that have hit in the last nine games, and two or three from ten games and beyond.

You can tell me I am full of baloney, but the chart will prove you otherwise.

"There are some things you just won't see hit in one game, such as 1-2-3-4-5, or 55-56-57-58-59, or any five numbers in a row."

Why do you think "you just won't see" straights like that?

If one did happen to occur, how would you explain it?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19830 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2011, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

"There are some things you just won't see hit in one game, such as 1-2-3-4-5, or 55-56-57-58-59, or any five numbers in a row."

Why do you think "you just won't see" straights like that?

If one did happen to occur, how would you explain it?

There are some things you just won't see hit in one game, such as 1-2-3-4-5, or 55-56-57-58-59, or any five numbers in a row.

As with any random event, anything can happen but lotteries have a fixed number of possible outcomes so predictors choose to ignore those outcomes that have less than a 1% chance of ever happening.

Guesser would have been more correct to say "such combinations aren't likely to come up since they are only 54 of 5,006,386 possible outcomes in the PB drawings". However such combinations do appear more often in games with smaller matrix like West Virgina Cash25 (6/25).

08/27/10 - 06 15 16 17 18 19
                        03/12/10 - 07 10 11 12 13 14
                        09/07/09 - 14 15 16 17 18 25

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2011, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

There are some things you just won't see hit in one game, such as 1-2-3-4-5, or 55-56-57-58-59, or any five numbers in a row.

As with any random event, anything can happen but lotteries have a fixed number of possible outcomes so predictors choose to ignore those outcomes that have less than a 1% chance of ever happening.

Guesser would have been more correct to say "such combinations aren't likely to come up since they are only 54 of 5,006,386 possible outcomes in the PB drawings". However such combinations do appear more often in games with smaller matrix like West Virgina Cash25 (6/25).

08/27/10 - 06 15 16 17 18 19
                          03/12/10 - 07 10 11 12 13 14
                          09/07/09 - 14 15 16 17 18 25

RJOh,

Why didn't you let guesser reply?

Besides, your answer is misleading and innacurate.

1-2-3-4-5 is no more or less likely to be drawn than 3-7-8-21-39, which was my point, and which you are evading.  If you define a "Straight" as N,  N+1, N+2, N+3, N+4, N is restricted to the range 1-55, which means there are actually 55 possible, not 54.

If we wished to bet only on patterns represented by my other example, it could be defined as N, N+4, N+5, N+18, N+36.  By inspection, you should see that N is more restricted with this pattern, resulting in significantly less possibilities than the simple straight.

In fact, the "Straight" pattern defined above has more possible outcomes (55) than any other pattern you can come up with!

--Jimmy4164

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19830 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2011, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Why didn't you let guesser reply?

If this was meant to be a private conversation, why didn't you PM Guesser? 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2011, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

In fact, the "Straight" pattern defined above has more possible outcomes (55) than any other pattern you can come up with!

--Jimmy4164

What about all even numbers? 29/59 = 118,755
                              What about all odd numbers? 30/59 = 142,506
                              What about multiple of 3's? 19/59 = 11,628
                              I could go one, there's practical no limit to groups of numbers by patterns, but each has a fixed amount which allows one to calculate the probability of one from a particular group hitting.

Evil Looking