Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 10:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Judgmental Store Clerks >:(

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 6 years ago by coolbick.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: June 1, 2011, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

I buy my tickets at the place I want to see get blessed....

I used to go to a 7/11 store and buy my $1 tickets for the state/multi-state games until one day, the clerk got an attitude with me.....he wanted to know why I only play $1....why don't I buy more!

I totally ignored him and never went back......

Since I know that retailers get a cut for selling the winning jackpot ticket....I want it to go to a place that I like and the customer service is satisfactory.

If you don't feel like they appreciate your business....take your business elsewhere.

Ha, I had said the same thing.

I would love to win the lottery from tickets bought at the store I frequent most because I'd like to see them benefit. Of course, that's if the owner decides to give some to them, if they don't and it's something like the PB tonight with a high jackpot I'd pass along some to the person who sold the ticket to me (and another that has sold me the majority of my tickets if they weren't the one working that day I came in to buy).

There's one store I've been to twice and one of the times the lady working gave me the nastiest look and just gave off an extremely bad vibe, so I've yet to go back. Though it is humorous that I won a few dollars of the ticket she sold me.

NH
    United States
    Member #83352
    December 5, 2009
    223 Posts
    Posted: June 2, 2011, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

If you decide to come forward with some sort of story when you hit the big one, make sure you give a shout out to all the judgemental store clerks. lol  And instead of giving them any of your money, have a pizza sent to the store on a friday telling them thanks. And never go in there again.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 2, 2011, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I agree about the negative energy. Get out and find a place that makes you happy. Heck - you should be happy when buying lottery tickets .... happy and lucky!

I agree, I try to buy from liquor stores cuz let's face it, liquor stores make people happy.

I can only do that in Virginia though.

Tennessee won't allow liquor stores to sell lottery tickets because it will set in motion the chain of events that will bring about the Apocalypse.

That's what the Governor said anyway.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #110736
        May 11, 2011
        34 Posts
        Posted: June 2, 2011, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

Some good news! I found a place a block away from my house that not only has the vending machines for when I want to buy scratch offs, but a clerk that looked like was having the time of his life scanning people's tickets. He was singing to that little fanfare that plays when you scan a winning ticket. LOL Maybe I just caught him on a good day, this was my first time in there, but I might stick with this place! I'm set for the week on MegaMillions and Powerball so I only bought scratch-offs today, and I made a minor profit. Looks like I found my new go-to spot!!Hurray!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 2, 2011, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

Some good news! I found a place a block away from my house that not only has the vending machines for when I want to buy scratch offs, but a clerk that looked like was having the time of his life scanning people's tickets. He was singing to that little fanfare that plays when you scan a winning ticket. LOL Maybe I just caught him on a good day, this was my first time in there, but I might stick with this place! I'm set for the week on MegaMillions and Powerball so I only bought scratch-offs today, and I made a minor profit. Looks like I found my new go-to spot!!Hurray!

Good for you, coolbick!

I hope it pays off bigtime!   Thumbs Up

--Edmund Burke

rukiafae's avatar - box
            NC
            United States
            Member #100192
            November 7, 2010
            125 Posts
            Posted: June 3, 2011, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

if youre not comfortable, buy somewhere else. or complain to the manager and see if anything changes.

my little store has a whole 3 employees, including the owner. i always tell them to sell me a winning ticket. they dont listen much. but one day they will :P

ArtVandalay's avatar - 3237774708 dd3351ee2c_m.jpg
              Arizona
              United States
              Member #52803
              June 10, 2007
              88 Posts
              Posted: June 5, 2011, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

What I would do is this, whenever I had winning tickets, then I would cash them in at this store with the judgemental store clerks, and if I was inclined to buy tickets there at the time, maybe. But whenever I didn't have winning tickets to cash in, go but them somewhere else.

Money can't buy you happiness, but I sure could afford the misery that it brings! Wink

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: June 5, 2011, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

What I would do is this, whenever I had winning tickets, then I would cash them in at this store with the judgemental store clerks, and if I was inclined to buy tickets there at the time, maybe. But whenever I didn't have winning tickets to cash in, go but them somewhere else.

LOL I like that.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                  Member #110736
                  May 11, 2011
                  34 Posts
                  Posted: June 7, 2011, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

I like your styleRed Devil