Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Statistic Analyser 6 Released

Topic closed. 102 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Developer.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
lakerben's avatar - spherewall
New Mexico
United States
Member #86099
January 29, 2010
11117 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2011, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I don't think $20 is a high risk purchase.  All this arguing for nothing is not good for the soul.

Which brings up the idea.  I'm always full of ideas.  How about a Lotterypost Picnic ?  A three day event at a neutral site.  Maybe Tulsa Oklahoma.   And whomever can make it would share ideas , have some barbeque and dance to a couple of bands. Sort of like a family reunion .  And the ones that don't like each other can provide entertainment by wrestling in a mud pit.  Sounds like fun to me.

Smash

Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
    Somerset
    United Kingdom
    Member #9710
    December 17, 2004
    184 Posts
    Posted: August 11, 2011, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

LOL Count me in

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: August 11, 2011, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I don't think $20 is a high risk purchase.  All this arguing for nothing is not good for the soul.

Which brings up the idea.  I'm always full of ideas.  How about a Lotterypost Picnic ?  A three day event at a neutral site.  Maybe Tulsa Oklahoma.   And whomever can make it would share ideas , have some barbeque and dance to a couple of bands. Sort of like a family reunion .  And the ones that don't like each other can provide entertainment by wrestling in a mud pit.  Sounds like fun to me.

Smash

A picnic?

Do you really want to see that morbidly obese old man in a spandex CatWoman outfit staggering around saying, Dogstyle! Dogstyle! Dogstyle!?

I wouldn't.

I think there'd be a lot of people gagging and wretching over their potato salad.

And the sad part?

The old fat guy would really enjoy the mud wrestling if it was with other guys.Puke

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
        New Mexico
        United States
        Member #86099
        January 29, 2010
        11117 Posts
        Posted: August 12, 2011, 12:29 am - IP Logged

A picnic?

Do you really want to see that morbidly obese old man in a spandex CatWoman outfit staggering around saying, Dogstyle! Dogstyle! Dogstyle!?

I wouldn't.

I think there'd be a lot of people gagging and wretching over their potato salad.

And the sad part?

The old fat guy would really enjoy the mud wrestling if it was with other guys.Puke

You have a unique way of looking at things.

United States
          Member #39194
          May 12, 2006
          28 Posts
          Posted: August 12, 2011, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Hi Developer,

I bought LSA when it was version 5 and I admit I was a bit confused at how to use it at first and I just shelved it as something too confusing to waste my time on.  But when version 6 came available, I installed the new version and tried again and I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

I finally see what you're saying about your wheels, I now think they're the best.  This is what I see as the difference between your wheels and a standard reduced wheel:  For the same amount of money, I can either play a standard reduced wheel with a guarantee, but with your wheels and the same amount of money, I can cover more numbers with no guarantee.  The other difference I've noticed is that with a standard wheel, because it covers fewer numbers I don't hit as often but when it does hit, I usually get multiple hits at the same time.  With your wheels, it covers more number so I'm getting hits more often but because there's not much overlap, I don't get as many hits each time.  But it's so nice to win something more often!

One question I have though that I noticed, when generating wheels, I select Maximum Win Coverage and pick Best To Play Based On Normal Distribution (which you said you recommend to use in your help files).  I play several lotteries at once, but I just noticed that for each lottery I follow, the numbers that are selected are the SAME draw after draw, even after updating the draws!  Is this a property of LOWESS?  If I change the prediction properties (Regression/Draws/Smoothness/Iterations), will this affect the Number Sets generated?  Do you have any hints on what values to use to get the best results?  Right now I just have it on the default settings (Regression avg, Draws 70, smoothness 0.25, iterations 0) because I really don't understand how to use them.

Someone also mentioned in a previous post that LOWESS works better with fewer draws, has anyone found a number of draws that produces good results?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!  I dug through your online help and couldn't find any descriptions for those values.

taiwanlottery's avatar - bonesonfire
            Taichung
            Taiwan
            Member #114116
            July 24, 2011
            2384 Posts
            Posted: August 12, 2011, 9:05 am - IP Logged

Hi elmoo, 

I had posted basically meaning what you mean about it being confusing and not knowing where to start.

I had also said the same thing as i keep getting the same numbers over and over again and i figured it was due to the fact that it uses stats over a long period of time which wont allow it to change unless you are using fewer draws. But i have not tried it since and i too dont know how to get different results(meaning different numbers). So i have put it aside until now.

I was hoping that i would get some help on the best way to use this program but i guess ill have to read all the pages on Developers site. No problem! When i have some time ill do it slowly to try to figure out how to get the best out of it.

As a newbie of using an alalyser, its difficult to figure out but it takes time and work if you want to learn something. One thing i did say is that it does provide a lot of good stats to look at. 

Good luck!

Somerset
              United Kingdom
              Member #9710
              December 17, 2004
              184 Posts
              Posted: August 12, 2011, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi

I will try to explain how to get the most from the LOWESS curve

Over time the results become more and more averaged so using smaller number of draws is best when using LOWESS, 8 to 15 draws should be plenty

I will set the draws to 8 and the smoothness to 0.53

Note when setting smoothness, watch the trend line

Note how the settings are changed in each picture

you don't want it touching each ball

but then you don't want the line too straight , there is maths behind me saying this but I won't go into now;

so adjust to a best fit as in the image

So the test

the past 3 draws in my database file

• 18 19 26 39 40 47 04 03/08/11 Wed
              • 01 14 18 24 26 28 19 06/08/11 Sat
              • 02 04 07 27 43 44 45 10/08/11 Wed

I delete the last draw so my database file no longer has the information for 02 04 07 27 43 44 45 10/08/11 Wed

I set up LOWESS as follows

Draw Name:           United Kingdom Lotto         6/49
              Ball Position:           4  Draws Used:                  8
              Irritations:               0  Smoothness Factor:        0.53

The result

Min: Predicted Minimum     18.70            Placement Probability : 56.81%
              Med: Predicted Median       31.90            Placement Probability : 97.84%
              Avg: Predicted Average      27.40           Placement Probability : 96.12%
              Max: Predicted Maximum     39.80            Placement Probability : 52.65%
              Sum: Predicted Sum :         29                Prediction Probability : 99.62%
              Range  : 19 to 40   Predicted next draws Ball 4 Predicted next draws Ball

LSA predicted the AVG for ball 4 to be 27.4 this time it was spot on for the next draws ball 4 that was 02 04 07 27 43 44 45 10/08/11 Wed

So let's delete another draw so the database does not see line 01 14 18 24 26 28 19 06/08/11 Sat, by the way if its not in the database LSA now has no way of knowing the next draw but for its predictions.

Again set up LOWESS as follows

Draw Name:           United Kingdom Lotto         6/49
              Ball Position:           4  Draws Used:                  8
              Irritations:               0  Smoothness Factor:        0.53

The result

Min:    Predicted Minimum    : 16.70        Placement Probability : 44.45%

Med:  Predicted Median      : 30.00        Placement Probability : 100%

Avg:  Predicted Average    : 25.10        Placement Probability : 89.40%

Max:  Predicted Maximum  : 34.40        Placement Probability : 91.69%

Sum: Predicted Sum: 26              Prediction Probability : 93.13%

Range          : 17 to 34     Predicted next draws Ball 4 Predicted next draws Ball

The result was 01 14 18 24 26 28 19 06/08/11 Sat

Predicted Average of 25 (was one out) not bad but still a miss, just a little tweak on the smoothness does get a hit but that's what you as a user should play about with and learn what's best for your draw.

I hope this clears things up a bit

Jamie

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

Somerset
                United Kingdom
                Member #9710
                December 17, 2004
                184 Posts
                Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

Cool i started a blog

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/developer/

Rather than filling the forums with this stuff if you have any questions then I will cover it in a blog entry.

United States
                  Member #39194
                  May 12, 2006
                  28 Posts
                  Posted: August 12, 2011, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Thank you!  I still have some questions, I'll play with the software some more and post my questions there so that it'll help others too.

United States
                    Member #39194
                    May 12, 2006
                    28 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2011, 12:48 am - IP Logged

Hi Developer,

Thanks, I'm starting to understand the LOWESS graphs.  When I back test I can get the LOWESS graphs to come within 1 or 2 balls for many/most numbers in each draw.  Once I've set the parameters for LOWESS, is there any way to import those parameters directly into the wheels?  I thought it was Number Set "Best To Play based On Normal Distribution of Entire Draw" but those numbers seem to stay the same regardless of how I set the LOWESS parameters.  Do we need to input our selections manually after looking at our LOWESS predictions?

Thanks for your help!

United States
                      Member #75358
                      June 1, 2009
                      5345 Posts
                      Posted: August 13, 2011, 12:53 am - IP Logged

A picnic?

I wouldn't.

And the sad part?

I doubt Delta draw is an obese man in spandex...

But what if she was?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: August 13, 2011, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I doubt Delta draw is an obese man in spandex...

But what if she was?

Means nothing to me either way.

lottoburg's avatar - wiggle
                          NYC
                          United States
                          Member #54483
                          August 20, 2007
                          886 Posts
                          Posted: August 14, 2011, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Cool i started a blog

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/developer/

Rather than filling the forums with this stuff if you have any questions then I will cover it in a blog entry.

Hi, Developer:

I have read your Manual and used the Trial Version in detail. But I can not find any special features which different from other popular lotto programs in the current Market, why? Could you tell me some special features about your tool? Thanks.

Somerset
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #9710
                            December 17, 2004
                            184 Posts
                            Posted: August 14, 2011, 9:33 am - IP Logged

One big difference is in the math engine, LSA analyses every possible combination and provides stats based on the global draw not just past results.

Also LSA's predictions are 100% unique, no other lottery software uses the methods LSA does. The wheeling system I created called MNA's, this was searched and agreed and then copyright protected 2009 so nobody should be using it apart from me. I designed and wrote the system that provides 100% coverage per ticket for possible wins.

I now have a number of copyrights filed on various aspects of the software and the reports it produces so no one should be using a number of unique features found in LSA

Would you mind pm me links to the programs your referring too.

Thanks Jamie

paurths's avatar - underground
                              Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                              Belgium
                              Member #19287
                              July 29, 2005
                              2254 Posts
                              Posted: August 14, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

“Good lottery software provides statistics, data, information on what has happened and what is happening.”

Boy! You put that in your documentation explaining what tools you have at hand and HOW a
                              customer can use it and you will do well. Take the customer down as many goat
                              trails as you go when working the information and the customer will be at the
                              least, amused and confident at their ability to use the software. If the software is like a Swiss Army knife, at the least, tell them what is in the knife and how it can be used. What does this do? What does that do? Use both in examples.

You developed because you are a user. Teach me to be a user of the tools like you
                              are. The customer wants to understand WHY you developed something and HOW it will work for themselves, like it works for you.

I know it is a lot of work to get the software the way you like it. The customer wants to
                              know the way you like it too and WHY, so they can DO too. That is just as important as the software itself. The customer trusts you to be smart so they can be smart too, at a price. The smarter you make your customer, the more they like themselves and you. You elevate them into new concepts and skills.

Each tool needs an informative overview. What it does and how it may be used in as many examples as you can think of. Give step-by-step instructions so a customer may self-train to get up to speed. The customer has to be able to self-educate but it all depends on the information available. What good is software with no information of its application?

Confused

Please read the manual first, it has 116 pages, then come back...

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!