Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did Joan Ginther have a little help in her 4 lottery wins?

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 5 years ago by James1.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
40611 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2011, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

Does not anyone find the fact that the same store recieved 3 winning scratch-off's kind of peculiar?  I do.

I wonder who made the decision to send the tickets to that store.?

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Texas Joey's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg
    Katy, Tx
    United States
    Member #67709
    December 3, 2008
    204 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2011, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

God Bless Texas!!  There is loads of luck here!!  No PHD needed!

United States
      Member #75358
      June 1, 2009
      5345 Posts
      Posted: August 8, 2011, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's an even distribution method. But having said that, just like anything that involves random events, a cluster can occur, thus making it look bias. It's rare but it does happen.

I learned this from my Koycerin wagering method. It talks about RNDs, or Random Number Displacement. The clusters are similar to RNDs, but in this case with this lady, it's a more extreme example of an RND occuring on a larger basis, and more rare. RNDs in everyday events happen more frequently, but not noticed by the untrained eye.

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
        Member #85047
        January 7, 2010
        102 Posts
        Posted: August 8, 2011, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I included a summary of the the article that I read on this thread.

Thanks Todd.

United States
          Member #81843
          October 31, 2009
          856 Posts
          Posted: August 9, 2011, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Hmmm. A
          store closed. Wonder why. She had enough money to camp on his doorstep and buy
          every book every day for many days.

What if it is a hoax? What if they knew this woman was buying books of scratchers and put
          the winners there to imply there is a breach? Or, what if the way they
          distribute them insures a big winner will be distributed where demand requires
          it?

The more books she bought, the more they had to restock. Could it be simply a matter of
          timing to know when in the series the big winners are released?

Who is going to buy a ticket for a game when the jackpot has already been won? Do the jackpot winners happen the first week?

She studied the game and she beat it with a way that was built into the game. The first
          thing you do is a survey. You go on a road trip and survey every distributor of
          the game by buying tickets to learn about distribution. The best way to do that is with a team, but it can be done alone. You do the survey several times during the life of the game. You make spreadsheets of the data. You outline the distribution of tickets and winners. This could take years and many dollars.

I have seen people taking notes of the numbers on the cards, and they never bought one.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: August 9, 2011, 8:29 am - IP Logged

Yes, it does seem a little strange for a little store in a little town in the middle of nowhere that then goes out of business.

Wow!!!! Ridge I din't know the store went out business thanks for the info, I agree something does seem strange....

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49835 Posts
              Posted: August 9, 2011, 11:22 am - IP Logged

The current issue of Harpers magazine has an article on Joan Ginther. 

Joan Ginther holds a math Ph. D. from Stanford.  The new article goes on to examine how she could have beat the system. 

I haven't read it but it sounds interesting.  Single issues of the magazine are available online. 

There are a couple articles in Google news, that talk a little bit more about it.

Sorry can't seem to post a link.

The Harpers article talks about how with help from the store owner she could have got inside info.

The week the article was to go to print, the store suddenly closed.

Suppositions are like Suppositories: Use in case of Constipation...

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49835 Posts
                Posted: August 9, 2011, 11:27 am - IP Logged

A Small Sly Elf...

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49835 Posts
                  Posted: August 9, 2011, 11:34 am - IP Logged

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's an even distribution method. But having said that, just like anything that involves random events, a cluster can occur, thus making it look bias. It's rare but it does happen.

I learned this from my Koycerin wagering method. It talks about RNDs, or Random Number Displacement. The clusters are similar to RNDs, but in this case with this lady, it's a more extreme example of an RND occuring on a larger basis, and more rare. RNDs in everyday events happen more frequently, but not noticed by the untrained eye.

Then Again: It's Just the Scratch-Off God: Balancing Out the Results of the Game!

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Chicago
                    United States
                    Member #70678
                    February 8, 2009
                    889 Posts
                    Posted: August 9, 2011, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

just popped in an saw this post. Hi Master : ) Last time I was here you were missing in action.

Just get me thru this so called life......

ca-dreamin*'s avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      Chicago
                      United States
                      Member #70678
                      February 8, 2009
                      889 Posts
                      Posted: August 9, 2011, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Yes, it does seem a little strange for a little store in a little town in the middle of nowhere that then goes out of business.

oh boy forgot to include the post. Hi tiggs and joker too : )

Just get me thru this so called life......

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                        Member #47420
                        November 4, 2006
                        3930 Posts
                        Posted: August 9, 2011, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Hey ca-dreamin*good to see you back and hope all is well...

Pure luck

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #104435
                          January 14, 2011
                          2244 Posts
                          Posted: August 9, 2011, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

A gas station in Fruitland Park, Fl (middle of nowhere) sold 2 winning tickets in 1 year to the same guy ! 1 for $10 Million and the other for $1 Million. even more strange is they where from the same game (Billion Dollar Blockbuster)

Ginther's case is not unique as it does happen but you cant rule out the possibility that these people had inside info. its just too bizarre.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
                            Member #75358
                            June 1, 2009
                            5345 Posts
                            Posted: August 9, 2011, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

What up?

I finally made it to cali 6 days ago.....Never looking back...Love it..Party           Cheers                      Guitar

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2011, 12:04 am - IP Logged

just popped in an saw this post. Hi Master : ) Last time I was here you were missing in action.

Hey Sweet Thang, how you is?

You bout to do the cold thing again this winter?

I figgered you'd be back with the pretty boys in the land of fruits and nuts by now.

Don't fergit to tell all them mailmans up there that you still in my stable now, hear?