Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your Dream Car

Topic closed. 284 replies. Last post 5 years ago by joshuacloak.

Page 7 of 19
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2011, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

If I ever win Mass Cash, I would purchase a 2004-2005 Subaru Forester 2.5XT with automatic transmission, leather seats and the panormaic sunroof. I could get one in really good condition for about $13,000-$15,000. That is my dream car.

Genome, I wish a few of my wives woulda been more like you when it came to buying vehicles.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
    Member #52345
    May 21, 2007
    2659 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2011, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

I like dat.

It's got a smirk on it's face.

Kinda like it's sayin: "C'mon, I dare ya."

sez "watch this!!!!" as the owner turn off the traction controls and wraps it around tree, phone/eletric pole etc etc etc etc ( insert favorite funeral music )

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2011, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

For daily use..

For bangin' gears & layin' down rubber..

Basic road rage stuff... LoL

Great question! Smiley

Green laughthief magnet ?? : check

car to take ya into the great beyond for driving like an idiot ??  : check

but I agree with some road raging...... but if yer gonna go road raging ya need the proper tool

road rage

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: September 27, 2011, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

In March,1969, I re-enlisted in the USAF. My friend says to me,"Bob, I want to show you the car, you need, I didn't have one, just came from Nam, in December. Drove down to the Oldsmobile dealer, sitting in the showroom was a red with white pin stripes, 69 Olds 442H/O. Never seen anything so pretty, including my first wife. I bought it, then and there. Never have own a car that caused me so much trouble. It was the only one in Great Falls, Montana. Within 3 months, every cop in Great Falls knew me. The judges knew me, by name. The last time in court, the judge told me, " if I ever see you in my court room again, you will be walking, not driving". Sold that car as fast as I could, but I never forgot it. Didn't know but one speed, wide open!!!

i think the name of that color is "arrest me red" LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Honduras
          Member #20982
          August 29, 2005
          4715 Posts
          Posted: September 27, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

No matter where in the planet i´ll be: Jeep Liberty....if they change in the future i just fix the old one and use it...there is no car like it, is perfect...

i preffer a jeep liberty over a lamborgini or corvette...i think is the best car ever produced....

another car that it too to me is the best car ever produced to me, is the chevrolet corsica...is my favorite car of all times...

i rather have 1 chevrolet corsica or jeep liberty than 8 brand new corvettes...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: September 27, 2011, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

tiggs is buy a Volkswagon for the Brain....and a chauffer driven Limousine for tiggs..That should be even enough..

Pure luck

United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3856 Posts
              Posted: September 27, 2011, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

No, I don't know the fanbelt trick, I never owned one, just liked em. Liked em even more after that idiot Ralph Nader got em to stop making them. 

And you're better than me if you can ID by the steering wheel, lol.

you're right about nader being an idiot,but i think he is given to much credit,the storey as i understand it is that the general already had ordered a stop to new development work and just keep up w/safety req. for the last 4 years the car was made.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                Republic of Texas
                United States
                Member #57557
                January 9, 2008
                1095 Posts
                Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

In March,1969, I re-enlisted in the USAF. My friend says to me,"Bob, I want to show you the car, you need, I didn't have one, just came from Nam, in December. Drove down to the Oldsmobile dealer, sitting in the showroom was a red with white pin stripes, 69 Olds 442H/O. Never seen anything so pretty, including my first wife. I bought it, then and there. Never have own a car that caused me so much trouble. It was the only one in Great Falls, Montana. Within 3 months, every cop in Great Falls knew me. The judges knew me, by name. The last time in court, the judge told me, " if I ever see you in my court room again, you will be walking, not driving". Sold that car as fast as I could, but I never forgot it. Didn't know but one speed, wide open!!!

Aw man,  you're bringing back memories. Never had a H/O, but my sister and I only drove Cutlass's, 69-72 until we were out of college. My dad purchased not one, but two 70 442's, both with the W-30 option. My sister and I still think he did it to keep the boys in the driveway and away from us girls. In 81 Dad talked my sister into her first car purchase, a 69 442. Great car. He caught her drag racing one of the boys with his 75 Camaro, and only took her DL away for a week because she won. This is the same Dad who bought the two of us a 69 Camaro convertible to learn to drive on when we were 13 & 14, and left us at the curb waiting for the school bus while he drove to work with the top down. He then sold the Camaro to buy a Corolla so we would learn to drive stick shift. Mind you, this was all before either of us were even eligible for drivers ed. Between my sister and I, we pretty much taught our classmates to drive stick in the simulators. 

I used to be able to (maybe still can) ID any US made car from about 1955 to 1975. After that, they turned into cookie cutter fugly boxes. 

So, let's add a 1970 Olds 442 W-30 (convertible if I can find one) to my dream car list. Hippy

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Republic of Texas
                  United States
                  Member #57557
                  January 9, 2008
                  1095 Posts
                  Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Green laughthief magnet ?? : check

car to take ya into the great beyond for driving like an idiot ??  : check

but I agree with some road raging...... but if yer gonna go road raging ya need the proper tool

road rage

Hmmmm.... I can think of a few times that would come in handy... ROFL

face

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3856 Posts
                    Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Aw man,  you're bringing back memories. Never had a H/O, but my sister and I only drove Cutlass's, 69-72 until we were out of college. My dad purchased not one, but two 70 442's, both with the W-30 option. My sister and I still think he did it to keep the boys in the driveway and away from us girls. In 81 Dad talked my sister into her first car purchase, a 69 442. Great car. He caught her drag racing one of the boys with his 75 Camaro, and only took her DL away for a week because she won. This is the same Dad who bought the two of us a 69 Camaro convertible to learn to drive on when we were 13 & 14, and left us at the curb waiting for the school bus while he drove to work with the top down. He then sold the Camaro to buy a Corolla so we would learn to drive stick shift. Mind you, this was all before either of us were even eligible for drivers ed. Between my sister and I, we pretty much taught our classmates to drive stick in the simulators. 

I used to be able to (maybe still can) ID any US made car from about 1955 to 1975. After that, they turned into cookie cutter fugly boxes. 

So, let's add a 1970 Olds 442 W-30 (convertible if I can find one) to my dream car list. Hippy

your dad is way cool .

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

you're right about nader being an idiot,but i think he is given to much credit,the storey as i understand it is that the general already had ordered a stop to new development work and just keep up w/safety req. for the last 4 years the car was made.

Well good, I like that story a lot better. Big Grin

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                        california
                        United States
                        Member #23475
                        October 13, 2005
                        659 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

I'll take two Jaguars. One to drive while one's in the shop!

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

Republic of Texas
                          United States
                          Member #57557
                          January 9, 2008
                          1095 Posts
                          Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

your dad is way cool .

Thanks! He still is the coolest! <3  He taught us girls many wonderful things.

face

TigerAngel's avatar - tiger andfairy.jpg
                            california
                            United States
                            Member #23475
                            October 13, 2005
                            659 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

Thanks! He still is the coolest! <3  He taught us girls many wonderful things.

Sounds like my dad. He taught me to drive a Jeep and a tractor when I was 7 years old. One day he came home from work and asked me why there was no gas in the tractor. Because I spent the afternoon making designs in the sand (we had a big sand driveway) with the tractor tires. LOL

Blue Angel  "if you can hold it in your mind, you can hold it in your hand"

United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: September 27, 2011, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

Well good, I like that story a lot better. Big Grin

yes, in most cases the true story comes out years later.

Page 7 of 19