Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where Is The Courtesy ??

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Empress-N.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49784 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2011, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Definition of COURTESY

1. behavior marked by polished manners or respect for others : courteous behavior b: a courteous and respectful act or expression.

2. consideration, cooperation, and generosity in providing something (as a gift or privilege).

Why are some people so flipping rude?

Is it that difficult or complicated to respond to someone's PM?

If someone PM's you for information that you prefer not to share, how hard is it for you to respond? (a simply NO would suffice - at least for me anyway, can't speak for anyone else).

Ignoring someone's PM is just rude and ignorant regardless.

This is the LP family, where we are suppose to help each other ("I said suppose").

If the majority is adopting this attitude...what would the point be for having a PM?

Oh.... the gall of some people!

I can honestly understand not wanting to be bothered with the GIMME, GIMME people, who acts like a boomerang regardless of how much you give to them. You give them a hit today and everyday they hound you for numbers, but they don't just want any number, they want you to give them the winning numbers everyday and they have the nerve to not even say thank you or even please when they PM you....(I will hold my peace on this one).

How do you feel about this?

What other rudenesses have you experienced?

It Is What It Is: Every Social Network on the Internet is the Same: Some Worse than Others!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49784 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2011, 8:21 am - IP Logged

I agree! Some rudeness i have experienced is when you think you've made friends then when the going gets tough and you need some support the friends are history.

I've been dissed, "being dissed is the act of being disconnected, by voice or by another party" by folks i've meet here. But it's fine with me. I learn to keep mostly to myself. 

I would like the winning numbers everyday too. Not 2 of the winning numbers, aka "pairs" 2 out of 3 ain't bad but gets you nothing.

Cutla$$Bob

Interesting: DIS is in the Dictionary! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40513 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2011, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Definition of COURTESY

1. behavior marked by polished manners or respect for others : courteous behavior b: a courteous and respectful act or expression.

2. consideration, cooperation, and generosity in providing something (as a gift or privilege).

Why are some people so flipping rude?

Is it that difficult or complicated to respond to someone's PM?

If someone PM's you for information that you prefer not to share, how hard is it for you to respond? (a simply NO would suffice - at least for me anyway, can't speak for anyone else).

Ignoring someone's PM is just rude and ignorant regardless.

This is the LP family, where we are suppose to help each other ("I said suppose").

If the majority is adopting this attitude...what would the point be for having a PM?

Oh.... the gall of some people!

I can honestly understand not wanting to be bothered with the GIMME, GIMME people, who acts like a boomerang regardless of how much you give to them. You give them a hit today and everyday they hound you for numbers, but they don't just want any number, they want you to give them the winning numbers everyday and they have the nerve to not even say thank you or even please when they PM you....(I will hold my peace on this one).

How do you feel about this?

What other rudenesses have you experienced?

I have thought about this, there are givers and takers, I guess the best way to deal with the thankless takers it to tell them straight out in a nice way that you can't help anymore.

I work with the public, and some days I feel like they are sucking my soul out, at some point people like this need to be made aware, that they should try to help themselves.

I look at it this way, Karma....Fate has a way of paying people back.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I have thought about this, there are givers and takers, I guess the best way to deal with the thankless takers it to tell them straight out in a nice way that you can't help anymore.

I work with the public, and some days I feel like they are sucking my soul out, at some point people like this need to be made aware, that they should try to help themselves.

Very well put, sully.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
          Member #76986
          July 10, 2009
          8035 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2011, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
            Whiskey Island
            United States
            Member #90216
            April 24, 2010
            12742 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2011, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Harve$tMoon ,

I 'm a Big believer in Karma ! What ever negativity you put out , will come back to you three fold .

Any Positive you put out you will have a ten fold return . 

CW4

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
              If That # Looks Good, Play It!!!
              United States
              Member #73903
              April 28, 2009
              1433 Posts
              Posted: September 28, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

It Is What It Is: Every Social Network on the Internet is the Same: Some Worse than Others!

With all due respect Raven62,

It's attitude's like this that keeps these disrespectful individuals behaving in this manner, many cast a blind eye to the issue allowing it to continue,  some people are not willing to stand up for themselves, they choose to be the disrespected floor mat.

I say nip it in the bud, ignoring the issue allows it to become as you said "It is what it is" ("I DON'T THINK SO-NOT WITH ME IT ISN'T").

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
              Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

__________________________________________________________________

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
                If That # Looks Good, Play It!!!
                United States
                Member #73903
                April 28, 2009
                1433 Posts
                Posted: September 28, 2011, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

Too true Sully16,

But they should be no niceness when they are been blatantly disrespectful. They need to know their behavior is not acceptable by you. I agree with you, Karma has its way of paying back, but honestly I don't think they give a fiddle stick about Karma otherwise they would not be behaving that way.

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
                Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

__________________________________________________________________