Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Director Professional Software The Ending

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3106 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2011, 3:40 am - IP Logged

For those who haven't heard, as the New Year rings in Joe Roberts of Lottery Director fame will retire.

If there are any of you who haven't picked up a free version copy, who want to register their copy and so on, now would be the time as in do it now not next week because next week will be too late and new registrations will no longer be accepted.

I would like to take a moment to say how proud I am to have been associated as a user/fan of this high quality lottery software.   I will continue to link to the Lottery Director website for as long as anything useful to lottery players can be found at:  http://www.ldir.com

Maybe with a little luck Joe Roberts will join us in lottery discussions here on Lottery Post.

So sad when the great lottery products of the past fade away.

BobP        Patriot

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7322 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2011, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

For those who haven't heard, as the New Year rings in Joe Roberts of Lottery Director fame will retire.

If there are any of you who haven't picked up a free version copy, who want to register their copy and so on, now would be the time as in do it now not next week because next week will be too late and new registrations will no longer be accepted.

I would like to take a moment to say how proud I am to have been associated as a user/fan of this high quality lottery software.   I will continue to link to the Lottery Director website for as long as anything useful to lottery players can be found at:  http://www.ldir.com

Maybe with a little luck Joe Roberts will join us in lottery discussions here on Lottery Post.

BobP        Patriot

One of things I liked about Lottery Director was they never pretended their tools were a system that guaranteed jackpot wins. Joe's software made playing the lottery more fun and his support was second to none. Never was a fan of just buying QPs.

I read where the game history files will no longer be updated once a week but after all Joe is retiring. I got my money's worth and even though it will be more difficult to use, there still might be a nice win or two using what I have.

grwurston's avatar - 144
      Let's Go Rangers!!!
      bel air maryland
      United States
      Member #90251
      April 24, 2010
      4882 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2011, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

BobP        Patriot

Hi Bob, 

I had never heard of the site, so I checked it out. WOW. Unfortunately, I have a 64 bit  Microsoft Windows 7 home premium lap top and the site only uses a 32 bit on my system, so I can't install it. Bummer.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23277 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2011, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bob, 

I had never heard of the site, so I checked it out. WOW. Unfortunately, I have a 64 bit  Microsoft Windows 7 home premium lap top and the site only uses a 32 bit on my system, so I can't install it. Bummer.

You should be able to install any 32-bit software on 64-bit Windows.  The only time you have to worry is if you have 32-bit Windows and you're trying to install 64-bit software.  But the other way around should be fine.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

grwurston's avatar - 144
          Let's Go Rangers!!!
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4882 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2011, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

You should be able to install any 32-bit software on 64-bit Windows.  The only time you have to worry is if you have 32-bit Windows and you're trying to install 64-bit software.  But the other way around should be fine.

Todd,

Someone else on their forum/ help page had the same issue back in April. According to their tech support, Microsoft made the decision to support legacy sites like L.D. with 32 and 64 bits on Microsoft Enterprise, Ultimate, and Professional. But only 32 bits on the Home Premium which I have.  I have no idea how to download 32 bits onto my laptop. Their site says 64 bits on the Home Premium  is not compatible with their system.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2011, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

Someone else on their forum/ help page had the same issue back in April. According to their tech support, Microsoft made the decision to support legacy sites like L.D. with 32 and 64 bits on Microsoft Enterprise, Ultimate, and Professional. But only 32 bits on the Home Premium which I have.  I have no idea how to download 32 bits onto my laptop. Their site says 64 bits on the Home Premium  is not compatible with their system.

I have never heard of that.  Did you try to install it?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

grwurston's avatar - 144
              Let's Go Rangers!!!
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4882 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2011, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I have never heard of that.  Did you try to install it?

Yes I did. Its a 2 step process, first download it , then install. It downloaded but when I try to open it to install it, I get a msg saying the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows I am using. So I can't even open it.

It's a trial version and if you decide to keep it you can register with lottery director, but they are not taking new registrations after Jan 1. They even say if you can't install it you can remove/delete it. As far as downloading a 32 bit Windows system, I'm am not computer savvy enough.

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
                usa
                United States
                Member #89197
                April 2, 2010
                2818 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2011, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

Yes I did. Its a 2 step process, first download it , then install. It downloaded but when I try to open it to install it, I get a msg saying the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows I am using. So I can't even open it.

It's a trial version and if you decide to keep it you can register with lottery director, but they are not taking new registrations after Jan 1. They even say if you can't install it you can remove/delete it. As far as downloading a 32 bit Windows system, I'm am not computer savvy enough.

I downloaded What?the program with the same results..

Member #0
                  January 1, 2000
                  0 Posts
                  Posted: December 27, 2011, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I get that same message when a friend sometimes emails me a lottery system and i try installing it. But then it asks me if i want to go on the net (with a link provided) and find the right program or whatever, and install it. when i do try to look it up, i get too many options to choose from, and it doesn't say which is the right one for the version i need, so i don't even bother with it anymore.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                    Let's Go Rangers!!!
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    4882 Posts
                    Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

I downloaded What?the program with the same results..

Now at least I know I didn't do something wrong.   Smiley  It definitely looked like a really good site.

Member #0
                      January 1, 2000
                      0 Posts
                      Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bob, 

i have the same exact OS as you do with a 64 bit, and i just downloaded and installed it without the message you got, but now I have something i don't know how to use. i saved it to my desktop and when i click on the icon, i get this below. so i don't know how to download the history file, or even just to open up the p-3 tools with what i have here.

screen

Member #0
                        January 1, 2000
                        0 Posts
                        Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

now i tried downloading the history file, but my computer's security is warning me that this type of file may have risk, so i cancelled. ha

Member #0
                          January 1, 2000
                          0 Posts
                          Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

ok, now i'm getting that message when i tried opeing the fast track manager, lotteries, and professional wheeling.

snook

Member #0
                            January 1, 2000
                            0 Posts
                            Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

i think this guy made these programs on his Commodore 64 in DOS. ROFL

grwurston's avatar - 144
                              Let's Go Rangers!!!
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4882 Posts
                              Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

i have the same exact OS as you do with a 64 bit, and i just downloaded and installed it without the message you got, but now I have something i don't know how to use. i saved it to my desktop and when i click on the icon, i get this below. so i don't know how to download the history file, or even just to open up the p-3 tools with what i have here.

screen

That is exactly what I have and then when I click on one of them to open it, is when I get the msgs. The only thing I can get into is the guidebook. When I read the instrutions on how to download, when you click on these in the folder it is supposed to install it and then you can use the system. But its not happening.