Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Director Professional Software The Ending

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
Park City, UT
United States
Member #69864
January 18, 2009
993 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2011, 3:01 am - IP Logged

Hard to believe lottery software has been around since the eighties.  As microsoft ends support for older dos and 16 bit and now 32 bit we learn to keep an older computer or two for when we come across some interesting antique software we'd like to run.

While Lottery Director has the look and feel of dos, it was totally ported to windows years ago and runs fine on Windows XP and older.  It does have a day's fooling around with instructions learning curve and more when you realize what this or that can really do a screen deeper.  There are several wheeling programs the 850 wheels take their numbers from the program which can then filter them, the other is tricky how to create the wheel's file, but I'm not here to do LD tech support.  Read the instructions, take it slow. 

Maybe the Justice Department should look into the bait and switch aspect of MS selling systems that have to be upgraded to run what older systems already could. 

BobP

My ldir directory contained the following executables:

07/15/2008  06:00 AM            45,595 CHECKGEN.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            33,357 DIRECT.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            33,019 FASTPICK.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            31,763 GO.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            87,392 LDFAST.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            30,208 LDNOTE.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            30,208 LDPAD.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM           162,815 LOTTERYD.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            97,934 LOTTERYJ.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            39,082 MAKESLIP.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            38,813 PRINTGEN.EXE
02/04/2009  01:37 AM           108,544 uninstall.exe
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            19,483 UTILAW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            12,210 UTILBW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            36,781 UTILDC.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            51,412 UTILDW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            33,019 UTILFW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            35,327 UTILGW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            56,967 UTILHW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            27,530 UTILIW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            44,483 UTILMW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            43,276 UTILPS.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM             1,887 UTILSW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM             1,042 UTILVW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            23,795 UTILXW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            26,012 UTILYW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            35,827 UTILZW.EXE
07/15/2008  06:00 AM            48,824 WD.EXE
01/15/2009  07:00 AM            97,839 WHEELGEN.EXE

Out of these executables only ldnote.exe, ldpad.exe, and uninstall.exe are Windows applications.  All of the rest of the executables are either MS-DOS executables or more likely console applications that have an EXEHDR.  ldnote.exe and ldpad.exe just bring up a lightweight editor that has nothing to do with lottery.

Jimmy

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3112 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2011, 4:59 am - IP Logged

Not going to claim to be an expert in this area.  When you have a dos program like GH used to be, you have to create a pif to run it on windows.  Even if you can drop to a dos prompt, it can be a big mistake trying to install a dos program as it can overwrite windows programs in big chunks like it doesn't know they're there. 

The Lottery Director installs from windows without a dos prompt or a dos pif.  Maybe it's a shell the dos exes work within, I don't know.   One can argue its roots are in dos, but it installs and runs in windows or under windows whatever the correct term may be, from an icon on the desktop or link in programs like normal windows software.

In any regard, if you want to run LD you will have to dig out an xp or older puter. 

BobP

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2011, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Not going to claim to be an expert in this area.  When you have a dos program like GH used to be, you have to create a pif to run it on windows.  Even if you can drop to a dos prompt, it can be a big mistake trying to install a dos program as it can overwrite windows programs in big chunks like it doesn't know they're there. 

The Lottery Director installs from windows without a dos prompt or a dos pif.  Maybe it's a shell the dos exes work within, I don't know.   One can argue its roots are in dos, but it installs and runs in windows or under windows whatever the correct term may be, from an icon on the desktop or link in programs like normal windows software.

In any regard, if you want to run LD you will have to dig out an xp or older puter. 

BobP

DOS = Disk Operating System

It probably comes in 8, 16 and 32 Bits

The Commodore 64 was an 8 bit computer

My WinXP operating system is 32 bits.

Lottery Director maybe just as Ion Saliu's programs are 32 bits DOS applications.

So now they are compatible with Win98 to WinXP 32 bits version.

Lottery Director's and Ion Salius programs' application windows appear to be 32 bits DOS windows, they have the properties of such DOS windows.

You can customize their size, but they are better at their particular size or at "Full Screen" size, but as full screen size they won't allow you to see and use any other screen windows nor applications, full screen is very good if you are going to use only one application at a time and one window at a time, of course the menu on one window will lead you to other windows and parts of the program.

-----------------------

To make a full size DOS window put your Pc's cursor on the very top portion of the DOS window and rth click on it go to "Properties" and Lth click, then got to "Options" and then to "Display Options" then chose "Full Screen" and press O.K. then another window appears and chose that next option also and then press O.K. again.

The same needs to be done with any new window if you want all the windows to be full screen either this one time or every time that they open.

----------

On the property menu there are other options if you want to make some other change(s).

--------------

What you might want to do is go to the "Fast Track Manager" and make Internet reports:

Goto the Lottery Director folder at C:\Ldir and click on it, then click on Lottery Director.lnk then click on LD Pro Software.lnk then click on Fast Track Manager.PIF then enter any key, then press "I" for make Internet report, then goto the Lottery Director folder to the ITFILES folder and all you Internet reports are there.

----------------

On the lottery Director's "Game Manager" menu screen main menu you can go first to the "S" SetUp Options and do those first before you make the Internet reports if you want to.

-------------------

These is some of the info that you will see on that report:

SUMS: 
       EVEN/ODD: 
       LOW/HIGH: 
       REPEATS: 
       CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS 
       GROUPS: 

--------------

SUMMARY:

This report shows the top numbers, based on the game's recent history.

HIGH WINS
      These numbers have the most wins in the game's entire draw history.

HIGH WINS:    2   34   29   33    3   37   21   35    7   28   20   32

LOW WINS
      These numbers have the fewest wins in the game's entire draw history.

LOW WINS:   36    5   22   11   12   23   18   10   31   16   14   30

CONSISTENT
      These numbers are the most consistent winners in the last 10 and 100 draws.

CONSISTENT:   20    2    9   34   37    3   23   29   31   36    4   11

TRENDING
      These numbers have the strongest trending toward wins in the last 10 draws.

TRENDING:    8    9   11   20   29   31   36    4   23   25   28   30

OVERDUE
      These numbers are overdue for a win based on the last 10 and last 100 draws.

OVERDUE:   27    5   14   13   19   21   17   18    1   24   26   16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this info is based on the last 10 or the last 100 draws or a combination of both
      and what using the last 20 past draws have to do with it.
      --------------------
      Do the same and take a look yourself.
      That info above is a little outdated info for one of the lottery games a cash 5 game.
      ------------------
      This is just one of the things that LD can do and maybe one of the most important ones (?).
      --------------------------------------

I only posted the info from the SUMMARY.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

grwurston's avatar - 144
        Let's Go Rangers!!!
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        5111 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2011, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I contacted Ldir tech support. They said Microsoft offers 2 free downloads. Virtual PC and Virtual XP. Go to the MS site in search enter Virtual XP Mode and follow the instructions. Install PC first then XP. After they are installed you will see a selection for XP on the starting menu. Click on it and you can install the Ldir and simillar programs. It only works for windows professional and higher.   I will try it later, wish me luck! Thanks guys.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
          The Quantum Master
          West Concord, MN
          United States
          Member #21
          December 7, 2001
          3684 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2011, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I contacted Ldir tech support. They said Microsoft offers 2 free downloads. Virtual PC and Virtual XP. Go to the MS site in search enter Virtual XP Mode and follow the instructions. Install PC first then XP. After they are installed you will see a selection for XP on the starting menu. Click on it and you can install the Ldir and simillar programs. It only works for windows professional and higher.   I will try it later, wish me luck! Thanks guys.

typical, gourmetized the operating system just like their other software.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
          Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
          Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
          Knowledge is Beyond Belief
          Wisdom is Not Censored
          Douglas Paul Smallish
          Jehocifer

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2011, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

typical, gourmetized the operating system just like their other software.

This can also maybe solve the problem if you have a copy of a WinXP cd:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060/create-an-xp-mode-for-windows7-home-versions-and-vista/

Rakster's avatar - praying hands.jpg
              Saskatchewan
              Canada
              Member #19992
              August 9, 2005
              2867 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2011, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

It wouldn't work on wIN 7 but did work on XP

How does one copy the picks once it gives you them?

We are all Lucky... just some of us don't realize it!

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2011, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

It wouldn't work on wIN 7 but did work on XP

How does one copy the picks once it gives you them?

Now you look up and on the top menu you see:

S = Store

Press the S and the lines will be stored, that is saved.

Now you might see "Your Ticket Files"

Enter 1

It should show the tickets, but you need to:

Press "P"

It says to enter a password, you can just press the enter key.

A new window will open up with all the lines on it.

You can copy the lines that you see there as if it was NotePad or WordPad.

-----------

They can maybe be printed onto playslips using the Play Slips.PIF part of the program.

As I said before LD doesn't let you do some things that you might want to do, like look at a listing without line numbers and in only one column, if there is a way, I don't know how yet.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2011, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Later when I take the time I will read about making custom wheels and see if I can make my own wheels, but of course Lottery Director has some limitations, so I don't yet know how that will work out, I will post here about it, when ready.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7343 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2011, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I just ried to use it without reading the PDF books that come with it and the first thing to do is the wheeling I guess and it is not self explanatory at all, the wheeling thing is bad, I have used other wheelers such as LottoHat and Advanced Lotto Wheeler and here it is very hard to make wheels it says "Your Pick Options"

Then I select "W" for wheeling systems and the selection here is very limited, very bad really, but the problem is after you select one of these wheels, I pressed "S" for select and thren #7, then it comes a very strange menu, that I guess unless you read the instructions you can't use:

On "Preselt" I entered 12, then it show 12 spaces and here I can't eneter my numbers, the software is buggy, finally I got it, after entering the each number to wheel you have to press the "Enter"Key, before you enter the nest number, I just thought to do that and it worked so now I advanced to the next menu item:

I pressed "A" for automatic filtering.

Now it shows 110 lines-combinations, but only on a small window and a few lines at a time.

I guess the next thing is to press "Store" in order to save the tickets-lines-combinations.

And that seems to be it, now I have to look for them I guess.

I can't find the weel, I guess it is not on "Wheels" I should read the pDF files, the location is not self explanatory.

This will have to wait untill tomorrow or another day.

"Then I select "W" for wheeling systems and the selection here is very limited, very bad really, but the problem is after you select one of these wheels,"

If you want to see all the wheels use "page down" or the "down arrow" because each screen only shows 15 wheels. Pressing "A" puts the wheels in numerical order and "B" through "J" are all self explanatory. If I wanted to wheel 13 numbers, I'd press "C" and scroll down to "13", if I wanted a 4 if 6 abbreviated wheel, I would chose wheel number 119, or wheel 88 if I wanted to use a 4 if 4. Press the "S" for select and another screen appears showing the current status of 8 groups with 16 numbers each. If you want autopicks type in "A" or "P" for personal picks.

After you enter the numbers, you'll be asked how many numbers from each line so type in 13 under "preselect", hit "enter" and then "Y" if you want to use the highlighted numbers. Now you have filtering options and type "N" unless you want to risk losing the abbreviated wheel guarantee. The automatic filters are standard filters and custom filter allows the user to chose their own filters.

The next screen shows the 13 numbers in 76 combos (using "page down). You can copy the combos to your clip board to put on playslips and/or store them to "Check your combinations" on the Pick screen after you type in the drawing results on the main screen.

It takes awhile to understand all the screens but once you do the program works as advertised.

Rakster's avatar - praying hands.jpg
                      Saskatchewan
                      Canada
                      Member #19992
                      August 9, 2005
                      2867 Posts
                      Posted: December 29, 2011, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Is there a place in there that it creates WC picks for thursdays payday?

It has the numbers recorded under file wc77 but don't know how to generate quick picks

We are all Lucky... just some of us don't realize it!

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2011, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Using the Lottery Director I made "Statistical Picks" for the "Western 6/49" for the next draw of that game:

------------------------

3-4-6-7-17-20

4-6-7-20-26-29

1-6-7-12-13-47

------------------------

6-7-12-16-19-20

6-12-16-19-20-26

7-12-16-19-20-26

-------------------------

Otherwise maybe pick numbers from here:

9-10-19-20-26-30-31-41-44-48-49

Or from here

2-3-4-6-7-8-12-16-17-19-20-34-46

Or from here:

12-13-16-19-20-26-29

----------------------------------------------

For entertainment only, the above lines might be no better or even worse than any quick picks!

Good Luck!

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: December 30, 2011, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

This can also maybe solve the problem if you have a copy of a WinXP cd:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11060/create-an-xp-mode-for-windows7-home-versions-and-vista/

Yesterday with just a dial-up Internet connection I downloaded the newest VMware Player it is 116 MBs, it is very big for download using a dialup connection, I had to use a download manager and it took many hours to download, but got downloaded O.K.

Without a good download manager it can't be downloaded using dialup, you need at least DSL.

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: December 30, 2011, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

One way of making a custom wheel with the Lottery Director is to:

Go to C:\Ldir

Then double Lth click on Lottery Director.lnk

Then go to LD Free Wheeling.lnk and double Lth click on it, then

Go to WheelGen.PIF and double click on it

Then press any key on the keyboard

Enter the name of the wheel that you want to make, if it is a wheel that you want to IMPORT into the Lottery Director use a LDW followed by a 4 for pick 4 or a 5 for pick 5 or a 6 for pick 6

Then followed by a 0

Then followed by a 4 or a 5 or a 6 or a 7 or an 8

---------------

For example for a pick 5 wheel: LDW504

------------------

For a pick 4: LDW404

------------

For a pick 6: LDW604

-------------------------

Now you can enter How many numbers you want to wheel any from 6 to 64 for a pick 5 wheel

A Full pick 5 wheel with 12 numbers uses or has 792 unfiltered combinations.

Then Press O.K.

Then you will see the options, if you don't want filters just PRESS the Enter Key

Then on the next menu you will see more options, if you want the full wheel as it is with 792 combinations just press "K" = Keep All"

I suggest that now you enter "S"

On the menu "Review The Wheel" press "C"

Then after you see the combinations press the Esc Scape key to go back to the last menu

Now press "X" to exit

The wheel is now on the "Wheels" folder and it is named "LDW50400.TXT take note of the name, write it down on paper.

On the next many read what it says and then press any key to exit.

The press any key again.

------------

Now go to C:\Ldir

Now go to  the "WHEELS" folder and Lth click on it to open it

You will see your text file wheel "LDW50400.TXT" there now you can open it or delete it or edit it (Make changes to it) or whatever you want to do with it.

Go ahead and close it.

And also close the wheels folder

-----------------------

Now go to Lottery Director.lnk and click on it to open it up

Go to LD Pro Software.lnk and click on it to open it up

Now go to Professional Wheeling.PIF click on it to open it up

Press "I" to import a wheel

Then press any key

Then enter the name of your wheel

LDW50400

It says that it can't be Imported the name must be changed to LDW50401

So now I will change the name by first going to where it is at at the "WHEELS" folder

I just changed its name to LDW50401

I have no idea why that problem happened, but it is OK now once the names was changed

Now on the next many press "N" for numerical now press any key

Now on the next menu enter "2" for Full Wheel

Now I guess that maybe enter "1"

Enter "1" again I guess

Now I guess that enter "0"

To know better what to enter I guess that the instructions would need to be read first, but I didn't read them yet.

The wheel now has been imported into the "Wheels" folder as "LDW50401.WHL"

Now press any key to exit that menu.

Now press "Q" to exit

----------------

Now go to Lottery Director.lnk

Next go to LD Pro Software.lnk

Then go to Lotteries.PIF

Press "L"

Then press "N"

Then press ""L"

Pick a pick 5 game from there such as "TX37" Click on it

Now press "P"

Now press "W"

I guess that there already was a Pick 5, 12 Numbers Full Wheel there so I didn't need to make the wheel that I made.

But my new wheel is there it is wheel # 401

So I can use that one or use wheel # 7 which it is the same

Let us use wheel # 401 for this practice test

Press "S" to select wheel

Now press 401

Now enter 12 and press ENTER

Now you can wheel any 12 numbers for your 5/37 TX cash 5

Enter one number at a time and then as you enter each press the Enter Key.

After you enter all the numbers that you want to wheel if they are OK enter "Y"

Now you can filter the lines or not filter them if you want to filter press "A" or press "C"

If you don't want to filter press "N"

Let us press "N" for this test

Now on the next window it show you the lines of the unfiltered wheel

Now to Save the Wheel press "S" (Store)

--------

they didn't get Saved at all, so the wheel was not made quite right I think that the problem was with the entering of the 1, 1, and 0 after making it, so now we will

Go back to "W" Wheel systems on "Your pick options menu"

Press "W"

Press "S"

Enter 7 the other 12 nu,mbers wheel that is already there and has 5. 5. 100, 792, instead of the wheel that we made which has 1, 1, 0, 792.

Then enter 7 and press enter

Now enter 12 and press enter

Now enter the 12 numbers

Now press "Y"

Press "N" for no filtering

No press "S" to save-store the wheel

--------------

Now I just found about tjat the first wheel and wheeling that we made was OK

We just need to press 1 or 2 on the menu that cam after we pressed "S" to store

Then after pressing 1 or 2 on the next menu we would press "P" for print and the combinationswould be there.

It will ask for a personal note we can just press the enter key

Now a window comes with all the combinations you can save it somewhere and or copy into notepad from it or whatever.

If we want to print on Playslips we just go back to the

Play Slips.PIF and print from there.

It is a little tricky on 2 places there to do all of this

The 2 main problems are the name of the custom wheel and after we will and store the numbers the wheel might not show up on the next menu after we save it, but it will be somewhere between 1 and C, once it show then we can use the "P" menu to see the wheel on the "Text Page"

It is hard to do all this as I did without first reading anything from the help files, but I wanted to try to figure things out without reading to see if it could be done or not.

Well this is all for now.

Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: December 30, 2011, 3:04 pm - IP Logged

In order to understand most of the statistics on that program I would probably need to read the help documentation that comes with the program, maybe all is there, but I would not be too sure about it, I will know in the future sometime when I do read it.

I don't yet know just how good or bad it might be, it appears to be good enough as a tool, it is probably worth getting it registered as I did.

Either for the stats the wheeling or for both things.

I guess a person can get used to the DOS menus.

I gave the link on how it can be used on any Pc as a virtual WinXP.