Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Director Professional Software The Ending

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2011, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

i think this guy made these programs on his Commodore 64 in DOS. ROFL

While I don't like DOS programs, the main problem maybe is that you need to print the instructions and read them first before you can use the program(s), also as was said, the only way to update the past draws on it is by hand one draw at a time, as there won't be any more online updates.

Some programs just don't have an easy to use user interface, even some Windows programs are like that, but of course in general it can be worse with DOS programs.

I wonder just how many active LP members use it, more or less?

And if they find it easy or hard to use?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4852 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2011, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

While I don't like DOS programs, the main problem maybe is that you need to print the instructions and read them first before you can use the program(s), also as was said, the only way to update the past draws on it is by hand one draw at a time, as there won't be any more online updates.

Some programs just don't have an easy to use user interface, even some Windows programs are like that, but of course in general it can be worse with DOS programs.

I wonder just how many active LP members use it, more or less?

And if they find it easy or hard to use?

It seems like the whole problem is that Windows 7 home premium 64 bit is not compatible with their system (32 bits). Which is what it said right in the beginning. If not for that we would be up and running.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2011, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

I just ried to use it without reading the PDF books that come with it and the first thing to do is the wheeling I guess and it is not self explanatory at all, the wheeling thing is bad, I have used other wheelers such as LottoHat and Advanced Lotto Wheeler and here it is very hard to make wheels it says "Your Pick Options"

Then I select "W" for wheeling systems and the selection here is very limited, very bad really, but the problem is after you select one of these wheels, I pressed "S" for select and thren #7, then it comes a very strange menu, that I guess unless you read the instructions you can't use:

On "Preselt" I entered 12, then it show 12 spaces and here I can't eneter my numbers, the software is buggy, finally I got it, after entering the each number to wheel you have to press the "Enter"Key, before you enter the nest number, I just thought to do that and it worked so now I advanced to the next menu item:

I pressed "A" for automatic filtering.

Now it shows 110 lines-combinations, but only on a small window and a few lines at a time.

I guess the next thing is to press "Store" in order to save the tickets-lines-combinations.

And that seems to be it, now I have to look for them I guess.

I can't find the weel, I guess it is not on "Wheels" I should read the pDF files, the location is not self explanatory.

This will have to wait untill tomorrow or another day.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2011, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

No matter what I do I can't find the wheel, I guess that it won't be on a text form, but I have no idea what name was given to it as the program doesn't ask for a name.

Winning makes me smile.
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4852 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2011, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I was just looking thru the daily #'s instructions. It seems like there is a wealth of info on patterns and trends with this system. Too bad I can't use it. If I only knew how to download a 32 bit program...  I'm going to see if I can find anything.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2011, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I was just looking thru the daily #'s instructions. It seems like there is a wealth of info on patterns and trends with this system. Too bad I can't use it. If I only knew how to download a 32 bit program...  I'm going to see if I can find anything.

I was finally able to get a listing of the wheeled numbers without having to print the playslips.

So far so good.

You can always get a cheap old WinXP Pc or Dual Boot your Pc, so you can have WinXP on your hard drive also.

Winning makes me smile.
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4852 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2011, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

No matter what I do I can't find the wheel, I guess that it won't be on a text form, but I have no idea what name was given to it as the program doesn't ask for a name.

See chapter 4,5,6, in the guide book.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: December 27, 2011, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I use WinXP, I have not yet seen a reason to upgrade as WinXP runs most programs, so far yet.

I kind of tuned it a little so it is very fast and trouble free and very secure also.

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: December 27, 2011, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

See chapter 4,5,6, in the guide book.

Thanks but not today now it is bed time for me, till tomorrow, goodnight, I have to be up at 5:15 tomorrow morning. Central time.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                    Dump Water Florida
                    United States
                    Member #380
                    June 5, 2002
                    3102 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2011, 4:56 am - IP Logged

Hi Bob, 

I had never heard of the site, so I checked it out. WOW. Unfortunately, I have a 64 bit  Microsoft Windows 7 home premium lap top and the site only uses a 32 bit on my system, so I can't install it. Bummer.

Hard to believe lottery software has been around since the eighties.  As microsoft ends support for older dos and 16 bit and now 32 bit we learn to keep an older computer or two for when we come across some interesting antique software we'd like to run.

While Lottery Director has the look and feel of dos, it was totally ported to windows years ago and runs fine on Windows XP and older.  It does have a day's fooling around with instructions learning curve and more when you realize what this or that can really do a screen deeper.  There are several wheeling programs the 850 wheels take their numbers from the program which can then filter them, the other is tricky how to create the wheel's file, but I'm not here to do LD tech support.  Read the instructions, take it slow. 

Maybe the Justice Department should look into the bait and switch aspect of MS selling systems that have to be upgraded to run what older systems already could. 

BobP

Tahiti- Polynesia
                      Tuvalu
                      Member #34524
                      March 4, 2006
                      54 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2011, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I run old 16bits progs on my Windows Vista 32 bits. I use DosBox 0.74 to do it. Just download this free app. You then open your app from it or just drop your app on DoxBox icon. Now, there is probably a DosBox or or other for 64 bits systems.

Bob790

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                        The Quantum Master
                        West Concord, MN
                        United States
                        Member #21
                        December 7, 2001
                        3675 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2011, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/compare

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/help/videos/using-windows-xp-mode

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                        Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                        Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                        Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                        Wisdom is Not Censored
                        Douglas Paul Smallish
                        Jehocifer

Tx
                          United States
                          Member #4570
                          May 4, 2004
                          5180 Posts
                          Posted: December 28, 2011, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I run old 16bits progs on my Windows Vista 32 bits. I use DosBox 0.74 to do it. Just download this free app. You then open your app from it or just drop your app on DoxBox icon. Now, there is probably a DosBox or or other for 64 bits systems.

Bob790

Just before your post, BobP posted and said that "Lottery Director" is NOT a DOS program, that IT IS a Windows program that looks and feels like a DOS program, so then using DOSBox with it, would not work as DOSBox can't run Windows programs.

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: December 28, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Hard to believe lottery software has been around since the eighties.  As microsoft ends support for older dos and 16 bit and now 32 bit we learn to keep an older computer or two for when we come across some interesting antique software we'd like to run.

While Lottery Director has the look and feel of dos, it was totally ported to windows years ago and runs fine on Windows XP and older.  It does have a day's fooling around with instructions learning curve and more when you realize what this or that can really do a screen deeper.  There are several wheeling programs the 850 wheels take their numbers from the program which can then filter them, the other is tricky how to create the wheel's file, but I'm not here to do LD tech support.  Read the instructions, take it slow. 

Maybe the Justice Department should look into the bait and switch aspect of MS selling systems that have to be upgraded to run what older systems already could. 

BobP

Thanks.

MS wants people to keep on updating to new operating systems when they come out and a lot of people do "Take the bait", WinXP is no worse right now than it was before and it does still seem to run most Windows software.

It seems to me that it is not quite outdated, maybe getting there, but not yet there.

Winning makes me smile.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4852 Posts
                              Posted: December 28, 2011, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Thank you for the link. I upgraded to windows professional but it still didn't work. I was under the impression windows pro was both a 32 and 64 bit. I guess not for Ldir. I was getting an error 5 running command msg.