Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Director Professional Software The Ending

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
addai1516's avatar - lib
Newyork City NY / westland michigan
United States
Member #93153
June 23, 2010
4087 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2011, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

For those who haven't heard, as the New Year rings in Joe Roberts of Lottery Director fame will retire.

If there are any of you who haven't picked up a free version copy, who want to register their copy and so on, now would be the time as in do it now not next week because next week will be too late and new registrations will no longer be accepted.

I would like to take a moment to say how proud I am to have been associated as a user/fan of this high quality lottery software.   I will continue to link to the Lottery Director website for as long as anything useful to lottery players can be found at:  http://www.ldir.com

Maybe with a little luck Joe Roberts will join us in lottery discussions here on Lottery Post.

So sad when the great lottery products of the past fade away.

BobP        Patriot

I would like to have the trial version first b4 i buy it . do the director have a trial version ?

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: December 30, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

I would like to have the trial version first b4 i buy it . do the director have a trial version ?

Tomorrow Saturday  it is the last day I think that anybody can buy the registered version.

There is a trial version, but after tomorrow that is all that there will be, nobody will be able to buy the program after tomorrow.

The trial version has very many limitations on it, it will be good only for some things.

You get the trial version at the Lottery Director site.

---------------

I think that with the trial version you can still use the Lottery Director Free Wheeling, but I don't think that you will be able to use lottery databases nor make lottery databases nor update lottery databases, Etc, if you just want to do some wheeling and don't need stats, maybe you just need the trial version, I don't know.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: December 30, 2011, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

There was somebody asking about how to make quickpicks with Lottery Director, one way would be to:

Go to Lottery Director.lnk

Then go to LD Free Wheeling.lnk

Go to FastPick.PIF

Enter any key next

Then enter any numbers from 3 to 9

Enter a 5 for a pick 5 game or a 6 for a pick 6 game

If you entered a 5 before now enter 5 to 8 pick 5 numbers, any numbers from 0 to 100, really 1 to 99 best.

If you entered 8 numbers it will give you 20 quick picks.

Of course that was-is very limited and I didn't see an option for saving, printing or to copy the 20 quick-picks.

-------------------

For wheeling and filtering, you can try first the Free Wheeling and then the other kind(s) of wheeling either using the Lotteries.PIF or the Professional Wheeling.PIF

----------------------

While a person makes his own wheels he or she can RENAME the WHEELS folder to something like WHEELS- or WHEELS-Original and make another WHEELS folder maybe empty inside to store in there the wheels that you make, after all maybe you might want to have just the wheels that you want to have and use and not so many other wheels that you might never use.

-----------

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: December 30, 2011, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

There appears to be a problem with the Lottery Director program when you make the wheel text file it will tell you that it is OK to make and will let you make a wheel for a pick 4 game for example with a name like:

LDW40400, but later when you are trying to import that wheel into the program it won't let you do it it says that the name must be changed to LDW40401 up to LDW40408 so the last two numbers are from 01 up to 08.

So when a person makes the text file wheel at first you might as well make it like that so as to avoid problems and changes on the name later.

------------

Well I was wrong I the program could not use the wheel that I made and put on the otherwise new empty WHEEL folder, I had to copy that wheel into the original forlder and rename the original folder back to WHEEL then it could use the new wheel.

--------------------------

Well it is a try and learn thing, at least new wheels can be made and you can also make new games so the Lottery Director program won't be outdated in that way, there are or there were some lottery programs that would not let you change and or make new games, if a game was changed then that game on the program was no longer good, it could not be used, the old Simulotto program was like that after a while it could no longer be used so it was wasted money, it was buggy in other ways also.

The Lottery Director program is also a little buggy, it doesn't have enough safeguards on its code or it might be a problem with DOS or both things, but once you know about those problems or retry and or restart the program it can be made to work.

Rakster's avatar - praying hands.jpg
          Saskatchewan
          Canada
          Member #19992
          August 9, 2005
          2867 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2011, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Using the Lottery Director I made "Statistical Picks" for the "Western 6/49" for the next draw of that game:

------------------------

3-4-6-7-17-20

4-6-7-20-26-29

1-6-7-12-13-47

------------------------

6-7-12-16-19-20

6-12-16-19-20-26

7-12-16-19-20-26

-------------------------

Otherwise maybe pick numbers from here:

9-10-19-20-26-30-31-41-44-48-49

Or from here

2-3-4-6-7-8-12-16-17-19-20-34-46

Or from here:

12-13-16-19-20-26-29

----------------------------------------------

For entertainment only, the above lines might be no better or even worse than any quick picks!

Good Luck!

Our 6/49 is $21 Million tonight... wouldn't it be nice...

We are all Lucky... just some of us don't realize it!

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: December 31, 2011, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Using the Lottery Director I made "Statistical Picks" for the "Western 6/49" for the next draw of that game:

------------------------

3-4-6-7-17-20

4-6-7-20-26-29

1-6-7-12-13-47

------------------------

6-7-12-16-19-20

6-12-16-19-20-26

7-12-16-19-20-26

-------------------------

Otherwise maybe pick numbers from here:

Or from here

2-3-4-6-7-8-12-16-17-19-20-34-46

Or from here:

12-13-16-19-20-26-29

----------------------------------------------

For entertainment only, the above lines might be no better or even worse than any quick picks!

Good Luck!

First they took over 1 hour to post the winning numbers, I also found out that they pay only 1 Million for the jackpot on that game, then the numbers:

Western 49

Saturday, December 31, 2011
            13 18 19 41 45 49
            Didn't match most of the numbers that I posted except for 3 numbers here:
            I almost never try this and I for sure will not try again for that game, after all it only pays 1 million.
            Those predictions were of course a failure.
            but I did say that they were probably no better nor worse than quick-picks

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7342 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2012, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Tomorrow Saturday  it is the last day I think that anybody can buy the registered version.

There is a trial version, but after tomorrow that is all that there will be, nobody will be able to buy the program after tomorrow.

The trial version has very many limitations on it, it will be good only for some things.

You get the trial version at the Lottery Director site.

---------------

I think that with the trial version you can still use the Lottery Director Free Wheeling, but I don't think that you will be able to use lottery databases nor make lottery databases nor update lottery databases, Etc, if you just want to do some wheeling and don't need stats, maybe you just need the trial version, I don't know.

Lottery Director will no longer be updating the game history files so even registered users will have to do it manually. But they can save manual updates and the trial version can't. The "save" feature is the only difference between the two versions.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19898 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2012, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

The name "Lottery Director Professional Software" implies that this software was designed for professional lottery players, those who play lotteries as a profession.

My question is this, does such a profession exist?  Except for the groups of players in Massachusetts who spent over a $150K per drawing to take advantage of their lottery run downs, I've never heard of any other groups playing the lotteries professionally.  I'm sure if such groups existed, their software would be highly guarded secrets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                  The Quantum Master
                  West Concord, MN
                  United States
                  Member #21
                  December 7, 2001
                  3680 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

The name "Lottery Director Professional Software" implies that this software was designed for professional lottery players, those who play lotteries as a profession.

My question is this, does such a profession exist?  Except for the groups of players in Massachusetts who spent over a $150K per drawing to take advantage of their lottery run downs, I've never heard of any other groups playing the lotteries professionally.  I'm sure if such groups existed, their software would be highly guarded secrets.

I think ' Professional ' is a description of the software, not the person using it.

Meaning, it not just a hodgepodge of poorly assembled and presented programming tidbits.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                  Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                  Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                  Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                  Wisdom is Not Censored
                  Douglas Paul Smallish
                  Jehocifer

United States
                    Member #101687
                    December 6, 2010
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: January 2, 2012, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I was finally able to get a listing of the wheeled numbers without having to print the playslips.

So far so good.

You can always get a cheap old WinXP Pc or Dual Boot your Pc, so you can have WinXP on your hard drive also.

Hi Friends,

First i 'm wishing to all of you and your family a most happy New Year..!!!

Please check the Question made by a Ldir Pro User to Joe Roberts on his forum, regarding

The software on 32 and 64 Bits. 

may this info help :

The Question :

==========

installing Ldir 

I just heard about your site and wanted to try it.I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit which is not compatible. I just upgraded to windows professional which is compatible. However when I did the download and install I got a msg. that says: error 5 running command c:LdirDirect.exe I can bring up the guide no problem but everything else it says this version of windows is not compatible with the version you are using. Check to see if you using 64 bit or 32 bit sytem and contact the software publisher. I was under the impression windows professional was a 32 and 64 bit. So why can't I get it to download/ install? I would like to do this before Jan.1

Joe Robert Answer :

==============

Re: installing Ldir 

- - - - - - 

Microsoft offers two programs:

... "Virtual PC"

and

... "Virtual XP"

They are free downloads at the Microsoft site.

... They are for Windows 7 Professional and higher editions. They do not work in Windows 7 Home edition.

- - -

Go to the Microsoft web site.

In the "Search" field at the top of the Microsoft page, enter: Virtual XP mode

Just follow the instructions for installing.

... First, install "Virtual PC".

... Then, install "Virtual XP".

- - -

After they are installed, you will see a selection for "XP" on your Windows starting menu.

Select it, and then you can install and run Lottery Director and similar programs.

Lottery Director Support

Best Regards

Andy G.

Ldir pro  User

Hans's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                      Monte Carlo
                      France
                      Member #55589
                      October 9, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

There are lottery companies in other countries and hold group together and has won many jackpots.

Strive to predict 8 tickets for 12 numbers with Max ROI for Pick6!

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: January 5, 2012, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

There are lottery companies in other countries and hold group together and has won many jackpots.

Hans

What are you saying or trying to say?

What do you mean by "hold group together" what does that mean?

What or Who holds group together and for what and what or which group?

And Who and or What has won many jackpots?

lakerben's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                          New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #86099
                          January 29, 2010
                          11162 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2012, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

In order to understand most of the statistics on that program I would probably need to read the help documentation that comes with the program, maybe all is there, but I would not be too sure about it, I will know in the future sometime when I do read it.

I don't yet know just how good or bad it might be, it appears to be good enough as a tool, it is probably worth getting it registered as I did.

Either for the stats the wheeling or for both things.

I guess a person can get used to the DOS menus.

I gave the link on how it can be used on any Pc as a virtual WinXP.

Thanks for the detailed info.  I keep 2 old xp computers for all my software. When I go to win 7 on my laptop and use various programs it either gives me a compatability error or the the excel program quits working entirely.  Thats why I keep the old xp's around.  I used the automatic wheels and the seem good. 

Hiding Behind Computer

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: January 9, 2012, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the detailed info.  I keep 2 old xp computers for all my software. When I go to win 7 on my laptop and use various programs it either gives me a compatability error or the the excel program quits working entirely.  Thats why I keep the old xp's around.  I used the automatic wheels and the seem good. 

Hiding Behind Computer

With the Lottery Director making a STATIC filtered wheel and using all the 35 numbers for the 4 main numbers of a Tx2Step game the best that it could do with its filters was make a little fewer than 30, 000 combinations and even then it would not pass all the winning numbers, but maybe about half of them, that is it maybe would win with all 4 main winning numbers only about half of the time, a full 35 numbers wheel for the main numbers is 52, 360 total unfiltered combinations, there are not very many filters on the lottery director for full wheels such as that-one and besides static all purpose filtered wheels don't reduce as much as wheels that would be made to work just for the very next draw to come out, the not enough reduction also has to do with the Lottery Director not having enough filters for that kind of games and wheel.

So a person would need a very good and small source of winning numbers, a 25 numbers unfiltered wheel for that game would have 12, 650 combinations and a 20 numbers unfiltered wheel would have 4, 845 combinations, now those are wheels and combinations that would maybe be easier to reduce and mostly with a program such as the Lottery Director and others like it that provide only a few filters.

Of course a person would have to have a way of getting all the main winning numbers on the source pool of 25 or 20 numbers.

That is what a person needs to work on, I don't know how many combinations the filtered wheel would have made if it was made just for a custom one time use for the very next draw.

--------

The static wheel was made to pass thru as many winning combinations with as much filtration as possible given the few filters that the lottery director gave for that kind of wheel and game and it was not good enough, with the lottery director a person does need to wheel as few as possible numbers, like for that game maybe 20 or fewer, 14 numbers would be just right if a person can get all 4 winning numbers in them.