Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13060 replies. Last post 2 hours ago by sam9009.

Page 408 of 871
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3693 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2013, 7:47 am - IP Logged

this post has been sticking with me.  I went back and looked at the payouts years ago and BOTH jackpot & 4 of 5 paid more or to more people.  You just pulled the curtain back from the wizard - good job. 

I need to relook at the odds and money spent - Skeptical

Thanks kap.

When I started playing regularly back in April of 2009, a Friday night JP was worth 100K+.... it has steadily been decling since then.  Yeah, the lousy economy probably does have something to do with that, but I still believe lottery ticket sales see a surge during a bad economy.  So, what happened???  Where did all the big T5 JP's go?

Compare it with the Sweet MIllion stats NY State posts on their lottery website.  Sure, you see player interest spike when they have that buy 5 get 3 free promo (of which I think it's about time for another one) but then after the promo ends, the number of winners goes back down and remains constant.  While most NY players dont like Sweet Million (the fools!) by looking at the number of winners you can easily see a "core group" of players are playing every draw.  I'm in that core group.  I could care less if there's no JP winner, or if the JP does not roll, or that the lower tier prizes absolutely stink.  I love the fact that SM has the lowest odds you can find ANYWHERE to win one million dollars.  (Well, the new ten dollar multistate million dollar raffle changed my thinking on that a bit, but the next raffle isnt until the Spring.)

I'll play T5 again, after this year ends and I stop doing my "new thing" with Sweet Million.  (Tracking the number of times each number comes out during a calendar year)  But it is kind of sad to see the T5 JP's getting smaller and smaller.  And IF what The NY Lottery says is true, that "T5 is New Yorker's favorite game", then where did the moolah go fella's???

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3693 Posts
    Posted: November 23, 2013, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Thanks kap.

When I started playing regularly back in April of 2009, a Friday night JP was worth 100K+.... it has steadily been decling since then.  Yeah, the lousy economy probably does have something to do with that, but I still believe lottery ticket sales see a surge during a bad economy.  So, what happened???  Where did all the big T5 JP's go?

Compare it with the Sweet MIllion stats NY State posts on their lottery website.  Sure, you see player interest spike when they have that buy 5 get 3 free promo (of which I think it's about time for another one) but then after the promo ends, the number of winners goes back down and remains constant.  While most NY players dont like Sweet Million (the fools!) by looking at the number of winners you can easily see a "core group" of players are playing every draw.  I'm in that core group.  I could care less if there's no JP winner, or if the JP does not roll, or that the lower tier prizes absolutely stink.  I love the fact that SM has the lowest odds you can find ANYWHERE to win one million dollars.  (Well, the new ten dollar multistate million dollar raffle changed my thinking on that a bit, but the next raffle isnt until the Spring.)

I'll play T5 again, after this year ends and I stop doing my "new thing" with Sweet Million.  (Tracking the number of times each number comes out during a calendar year)  But it is kind of sad to see the T5 JP's getting smaller and smaller.  And IF what The NY Lottery says is true, that "T5 is New Yorker's favorite game", then where did the moolah go fella's???

And one other point I forgot to make above...

It used to be that Sunday night was the night of the week with the lowest Jackpot.  It normally totaled 65 to 69 thousand dollars every Sunday.  Now, the JP is 65 to 69 thousand dollars, no matter what the day of the week happens to be.

Firday night was always the "big" night and Sunday was always the lowest night.  I used to play every Sunday, because if there was a JP winner, usually there was only ONE winner. Therefore the winner didnot share the JP with another winner.  That was NOT true for Friday night.  Usually there were multiple winners on Friday night.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #124493
      March 14, 2012
      7023 Posts
      Posted: November 23, 2013, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

And one other point I forgot to make above...

It used to be that Sunday night was the night of the week with the lowest Jackpot.  It normally totaled 65 to 69 thousand dollars every Sunday.  Now, the JP is 65 to 69 thousand dollars, no matter what the day of the week happens to be.

Firday night was always the "big" night and Sunday was always the lowest night.  I used to play every Sunday, because if there was a JP winner, usually there was only ONE winner. Therefore the winner didnot share the JP with another winner.  That was NOT true for Friday night.  Usually there were multiple winners on Friday night.

There was an 80,000 jackpot recently. (actually 79 i think)  That was a change of pace.   Not sure how that came about.

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2013, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: November 24, 2013, 8:55 am - IP Logged

There was an 80,000 jackpot recently. (actually 79 i think)  That was a change of pace.   Not sure how that came about.

Yea I hit the 5-8-18 from last nite. Dance I noticed that the jackpot was 79k!! --- humm wonder if they READ THIS FORUM and started to 'adjust' the jackpots??? Blue Thinking

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
            Rochester
            United States
            Member #103282
            January 1, 2011
            603 Posts
            Posted: November 24, 2013, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Congrats Kapla. Hurray!  That makes 2 of us. See Ya! I hope they don't adjust the jackpots we deserve a fair shake. Anyways, what are we going to bet on the Take 5 toniight? Cheers

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: November 24, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Congrats Kapla. Hurray!  That makes 2 of us. See Ya! I hope they don't adjust the jackpots we deserve a fair shake. Anyways, what are we going to bet on the Take 5 toniight? Cheers

CONGRATS!!! 

Gonna add some EVEN 30's for tonight - they are missing lately. 

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                603 Posts
                Posted: November 24, 2013, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I just bought 2 instant wins and did an old set of T_5 numbers I use to play. I'll let you know tomorrow Kap, have a good one.Thumbs Up

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2013, 3:49 am - IP Logged

CONGRATS!!! 

had the 36 but nothing else with it-- LOL! 

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3693 Posts
                    Posted: November 25, 2013, 7:34 am - IP Logged

Yea I hit the 5-8-18 from last nite. Dance I noticed that the jackpot was 79k!! --- humm wonder if they READ THIS FORUM and started to 'adjust' the jackpots??? Blue Thinking

If they do adjust them, it's downward.

Something hokie is going on.  Last nite (Sunday) there was one JP winner of 55K.  Sunday nights used to be good for 65 to 70K, no strain, no pain!

United States
                      Member #94616
                      July 24, 2010
                      4735 Posts
                      Posted: November 26, 2013, 5:41 am - IP Logged

CONGRATS!!! 

FIGURES... 31 38 39 hits last night -- I had 3 lines loaded with 30's -

32-33-38

30-34-35

32-35-37

REALLY??? Hit one number - the 38 Hit With Stick

United States
                        Member #94616
                        July 24, 2010
                        4735 Posts
                        Posted: November 26, 2013, 5:43 am - IP Logged

Next up? Teens???

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2013, 5:00 am - IP Logged

Next up? Teens???

Nope!! BUT still hit on 4-27-39 Hyper

plus a FP on the 5-39
                          still going to push the teens tonight.

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3693 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2013, 7:14 am - IP Logged

Nope!! BUT still hit on 4-27-39 Hyper

plus a FP on the 5-39
                            still going to push the teens tonight.

Who misses The Mink Man????  Click the LIKE button if you agree.  Hey wait a minute.  Aint no LIKE button here at LP.......

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: November 27, 2013, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Next up? Teens???

#15 played me for a fool last round.

13-16 is a mildly, quasi-psuedo intellectual guess.

Congrats on your three bagger.Thumbs Up

Boy it sure is a long way to a million.Thud

Page 408 of 871