Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13084 replies. Last post 9 hours ago by CajunWin4.

Page 402 of 873
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3707 Posts
Posted: September 30, 2013, 7:37 am - IP Logged

you can read about the raffle on the ny lottery web site

Halloween Millions Raffle

The Halloween Millions Raffle is a multi-state raffle game in which players can participate by purchasing tickets for a chance to win a $1 million dollar prize. For every 200,000 Raffle tickets sold across all participating states, another $1 million prize is added. The more people play, the more millionaires there’ll be.

Tickets are on sale in New York State at all New York Lottery retailers from September 29, 2013 through October 31, 2013 at midnight. The Raffle drawing will be held on November 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

Bonus Number

Every Halloween Millions Raffle ticket purchased in New York State contains a Bonus Number. Match your Bonus Number with the next day’s midday Numbers drawing to win a $10 prize.

I'm wondering a bit about this raffle.  MUSL is behind it, and you can read all about it on The PowerBall page. The NY Lottery is partcipating in the raffle along with five other states.  I would think there will be enough tickets sold in NY to produce a winner, but nothing says there definitely will be a million dollar winning ticket sold in New York State.  I plan to buy a ticket because the odds to win a million bucks seem to be pretty good. I'm thinking that in the early stages of the life of the game, until most lottery players get wind of it, there may not be many winners, either in NY or elsewhere.  (Hope I'm wrong about that)

Contrast it to Connecticuts SuperDraw raffle for which tickets are on sale right now (one ticket cost 10 bucks) for a drawing to be held on January 1st 2014 for a top prize of one million dollars.  I know some of you folks dont live near the Ct border like I do, so your only option is The NY Halloween Millions Raffle, but with SuperDraw there MUST BE/WILL BE a single million dollar winner. A maximum of 275,000 tickets could be sold, but if tickets dont sell out before the drawing (which is what happened last summer when they sold 264,000 tickets) then the odds improve.  Many more lower tier prizes too with SuperDraw. (two $20,000 winners)  A total of 1300 winners are drawn, most are for 100 bucks which is the lowest prize available.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3707 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2013, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Halloween Millions Raffle

The Halloween Millions Raffle is a multi-state raffle game in which players can participate by purchasing tickets for a chance to win a $1 million dollar prize. For every 200,000 Raffle tickets sold across all participating states, another $1 million prize is added. The more people play, the more millionaires there’ll be.

Tickets are on sale in New York State at all New York Lottery retailers from September 29, 2013 through October 31, 2013 at midnight. The Raffle drawing will be held on November 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm.

Bonus Number

Every Halloween Millions Raffle ticket purchased in New York State contains a Bonus Number. Match your Bonus Number with the next day’s midday Numbers drawing to win a $10 prize.

I'm wondering a bit about this raffle.  MUSL is behind it, and you can read all about it on The PowerBall page. The NY Lottery is partcipating in the raffle along with five other states.  I would think there will be enough tickets sold in NY to produce a winner, but nothing says there definitely will be a million dollar winning ticket sold in New York State.  I plan to buy a ticket because the odds to win a million bucks seem to be pretty good. I'm thinking that in the early stages of the life of the game, until most lottery players get wind of it, there may not be many winners, either in NY or elsewhere.  (Hope I'm wrong about that)

Contrast it to Connecticuts SuperDraw raffle for which tickets are on sale right now (one ticket cost 10 bucks) for a drawing to be held on January 1st 2014 for a top prize of one million dollars.  I know some of you folks dont live near the Ct border like I do, so your only option is The NY Halloween Millions Raffle, but with SuperDraw there MUST BE/WILL BE a single million dollar winner. A maximum of 275,000 tickets could be sold, but if tickets dont sell out before the drawing (which is what happened last summer when they sold 264,000 tickets) then the odds improve.  Many more lower tier prizes too with SuperDraw. (two $20,000 winners)  A total of 1300 winners are drawn, most are for 100 bucks which is the lowest prize available.

Here's more on the multistate raffle:

Multi-State Raffle
    How To Play

The Multi-State Raffle is only available in a limited number of Lotteries. Tickets are $10 each. To purchase tickets, you must visit an authorized retailer for one of the participating jurisdictions. Eligibility and rules vary by jurisdiction, so check with your Lottery for details.

The top prize is one million dollars. The total number of top prizes will go up as sales across all participating lotteries increase. For example, there will be 12 one million dollar prizes if the total number of tickets sold reaches 2.5 million. The minimum number of million dollar prizes is two.

What isnt said above, is where the winning tickets will be sold. Of course, that's because they dont know where they'll be sold.  Yes, there will be a minimum of two million dollar prizes, but nothing says one or both million dollar prizes will be in New York.  Both could be sold in New Jersey, or maybe one in Jersey and the other in Oklahoma.  Given New York is the most populated state of the 6 states partcipating in the raffle, chances are good NY will see some winners.  That said, all bets are off if Texas, California or Florida joins the raffle. Those states have big populations too.

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3707 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2013, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 9/29/13

01-23-28-30-31  What raffle? what site?

Congrats to all the winners!

MINK

At the time you wrote the above post Mink, you must have heard the final score in San Diego.....

I realize The 0 & 4 Jints stink, but the Dalliss Kebboy's aint much better....  I'll be in Met Life Stadium in person next Sunday to watch the toilet bowl between The Philadelphia Iggles and The Noo Yawk Football Jints.  Cant wait.  I'm considering wearing a paper bag over my head.

Maybe my luck will change and I'll win the Halloween Raffle.....

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
        Watervliet, New York
        United States
        Member #1100
        February 2, 2003
        3193 Posts
        Posted: October 1, 2013, 12:03 am - IP Logged

At the time you wrote the above post Mink, you must have heard the final score in San Diego.....

I realize The 0 & 4 Jints stink, but the Dalliss Kebboy's aint much better....  I'll be in Met Life Stadium in person next Sunday to watch the toilet bowl between The Philadelphia Iggles and The Noo Yawk Football Jints.  Cant wait.  I'm considering wearing a paper bag over my head.

Maybe my luck will change and I'll win the Halloween Raffle.....

The Boys had their shots they could of put them away BUT they didn't  but it has only been 4 games with the new Defense they will be ok and fix a couple thing with the rookie receivers who are dropping Romo's passes or fumbling them away Mama Mia...   When is all said and done the Boys are still in 1st place all alone and we got the other Manning dude next week in Big D the game of the week.  I smell upset hope the NJ Gints and Feagles end in a tie LOL.   Demarcus Ware will introduce himself to Peyton then crush him.

Note:  The Guvner of NJ Chrisite is bitching about the name of the Gints they play in NJ, live in NJ but the SB this year is in NJ so he wants to get some recognition and change the team name to NJ Gints ... the Super Bowl is in NJ this year but they say the NY Gints he has a case they haven't played in NY since Hoffa disappeared ;)............. 

NY Take 5 results for 9/30/13

03-14-19-24-32  Good bye Sept!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3707 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2013, 6:24 am - IP Logged

The Boys had their shots they could of put them away BUT they didn't  but it has only been 4 games with the new Defense they will be ok and fix a couple thing with the rookie receivers who are dropping Romo's passes or fumbling them away Mama Mia...   When is all said and done the Boys are still in 1st place all alone and we got the other Manning dude next week in Big D the game of the week.  I smell upset hope the NJ Gints and Feagles end in a tie LOL.   Demarcus Ware will introduce himself to Peyton then crush him.

Note:  The Guvner of NJ Chrisite is bitching about the name of the Gints they play in NJ, live in NJ but the SB this year is in NJ so he wants to get some recognition and change the team name to NJ Gints ... the Super Bowl is in NJ this year but they say the NY Gints he has a case they haven't played in NY since Hoffa disappeared ;)............. 

NY Take 5 results for 9/30/13

03-14-19-24-32  Good bye Sept!

MINK

Yes, I've heard all that mindless babble about NY vs NJ for years.  Fatso Christie aint gonna change anything.  (Although I DO love his style and I'd vote for him in a heartbeat for any office he ran for).

Peyton is playing the best fotball of his career.  It's kind of a shame he'll be done playing in a year or two. He's 39.  He wont break any passing records this year either, cuz The Bronco's will make the playoffs very early this season. John Fox will sit him down if they get a big lead in any game before the playoff's start so that Peyton wont get hurt playing in what amounts to a meaningless game.  But a win in Met Life Stadium on Feb 1st would fix all of that. Then Peyton wouldn't have to listen to Eli's crap about having TWO rings.

That tie you're talking about on next Sunday?  The final score could easily be 0-0.  I told my son, dont be surprised if The Boo Birds land in the stadium.  I used to hear them alot in old Jints Stadium.  I havent heard them in years, but they're alive and well.  They flew south to Dallas and live in Jerry Jones's new house. 

T5 and I are becomming distant relatives, although last nite's numbers seem halfway normal.

Watervliet, New York
            United States
            Member #1100
            February 2, 2003
            3193 Posts
            Posted: October 1, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 10/1/13

05-08-21-26-27

MINK

Watervliet, New York
              United States
              Member #1100
              February 2, 2003
              3193 Posts
              Posted: October 4, 2013, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 10/4/13

06-12-13-14-36        Looks like this tread is DEAD!   Good luck to everyone!  Numba 29 has matched it longest skip of 45 dwgs looks like a Power # to me  wheel time.... wheely! LOL

MINK

Upstate NY
                United States
                Member #140390
                March 17, 2013
                224 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2013, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I have been playing 29 on two of my five lines every day for over 2 weeks.   Hope it hits soon!

NEW YORK CITY
                  United States
                  Member #146761
                  September 13, 2013
                  43 Posts
                  Posted: October 5, 2013, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

For the Halloween Millions Raffle your odds are 1 in 200,000. Its $10 to participate.

Watervliet, New York
                    United States
                    Member #1100
                    February 2, 2003
                    3193 Posts
                    Posted: October 5, 2013, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

For the Halloween Millions Raffle your odds are 1 in 200,000. Its $10 to participate.

Yup for every 200K tickets sold they will add another $1 million prize.  Lets see ..... 200K X $10 = $2,000,000 the lottery keeps a COOL million and pays out a $1,000,000 prize  nice profit for the MUSL.  NY will have a million dollar winner because NY spends lots of money on the Lottery me included.  Good luck All!

MINK

mrsd446's avatar - bass fret.jpg
                      Brooklyn, NY
                      United States
                      Member #113973
                      July 20, 2011
                      13055 Posts
                      Posted: October 5, 2013, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Yup for every 200K tickets sold they will add another $1 million prize.  Lets see ..... 200K X $10 = $2,000,000 the lottery keeps a COOL million and pays out a $1,000,000 prize  nice profit for the MUSL.  NY will have a million dollar winner because NY spends lots of money on the Lottery me included.  Good luck All!

MINK

Hey Mink!!!  How have you been????   

Has NY ever had the raffle before?  I was thinking of buying a few tickets this week........    I'm wondering if I should.....

Hope all has been well with you and your family!!!!

Stop by the dream team thread once in a while....   I miss you!!!!   Embarassed

pets: 169-417-446-623-634-824-626-807-3890-8118-1769

Upstate NY
                        United States
                        Member #140390
                        March 17, 2013
                        224 Posts
                        Posted: October 5, 2013, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

For those of you with the fancy research program can anyone tell me how many times the same 5 numbers have won the Take 5 jackpot?

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3707 Posts
                          Posted: October 6, 2013, 5:53 am - IP Logged

For those of you with the fancy research program can anyone tell me how many times the same 5 numbers have won the Take 5 jackpot?

A duplicate set of 5 winning Take5 numbers has happened 39 times over the life of the game.  And here they are:

Sorry...The Lottery Post spam editor wont allow me to post a screenshot of the 39 sets of winners.  It last  happened not too long ago.  Mink posted about it in this thread when it happened.

Whether or not there was a winning ticket sold for either or both of those 39 sets of tickets cant be determined from Gail Howard's software. It's also possible that there was no winner for any given set of the 39 both times they were drawn.

And a final note:  The same set of of 5 winning numbers has never been drawn three times.

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3707 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2013, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Now ya did it Nana!  You got me thinkin', which can be dangerous!

Here's one set of five T5 numbers that was drawn twice: 8 20 23 28 35.  They were drawn on May 14th, 2003 and a second time on February 15th 2010. (according to US Lotteries)

I'd never want to play that line simply because it's been drawn twice already, and as I mentioned above, the same set of five T5 numbers has never been drawn three times.  That's just another reason why people should not buy QP's. You could get that line on a QP, but you'd never know it's been drawn two times already in the 6,025 drawings that have happened since T5 began on January 17th, 1992.

I got all of the above info from Gail Howard's Advantage Plus software and I also used the US Lotteries site. That's the thing about GH's software.  If it's done anything for me, it's taught me to look at the numbers in a very statistical, cold hard manner.  It takes the emotional aspect out when I pick my numbers.

For instance, New Jersey has a 5/40 matrix game (Jersey Cash 5).  It's had 5.737 drawings, and it too has produced the same set of 5 winning numbers twice 39 times.  I dont play Jersey Cash5, but thanks to GH's software, I now know a lot about the characteristics of 5/39 and 5/40 games.  I never would have thought that the same set of five numbers would have been drawn twice in any game, but when I looked in A+ at other states that have 5/39 games, I found it's quite common for duplicate sets of 5 winning numbers to have happened.  I dont think you can use any of the above info to help you win a jackpot, but what the hey, at least IMHO it's interesting. G5

Upstate NY
                              United States
                              Member #140390
                              March 17, 2013
                              224 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2013, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Now ya did it Nana!  You got me thinkin', which can be dangerous!

Here's one set of five T5 numbers that was drawn twice: 8 20 23 28 35.  They were drawn on May 14th, 2003 and a second time on February 15th 2010. (according to US Lotteries)

I'd never want to play that line simply because it's been drawn twice already, and as I mentioned above, the same set of five T5 numbers has never been drawn three times.  That's just another reason why people should not buy QP's. You could get that line on a QP, but you'd never know it's been drawn two times already in the 6,025 drawings that have happened since T5 began on January 17th, 1992.

I got all of the above info from Gail Howard's Advantage Plus software and I also used the US Lotteries site. That's the thing about GH's software.  If it's done anything for me, it's taught me to look at the numbers in a very statistical, cold hard manner.  It takes the emotional aspect out when I pick my numbers.

For instance, New Jersey has a 5/40 matrix game (Jersey Cash 5).  It's had 5.737 drawings, and it too has produced the same set of 5 winning numbers twice 39 times.  I dont play Jersey Cash5, but thanks to GH's software, I now know a lot about the characteristics of 5/39 and 5/40 games.  I never would have thought that the same set of five numbers would have been drawn twice in any game, but when I looked in A+ at other states that have 5/39 games, I found it's quite common for duplicate sets of 5 winning numbers to have happened.  I dont think you can use any of the above info to help you win a jackpot, but what the hey, at least IMHO it's interesting. G5

I do check all my picks on the US lotteries site and that is actually what made me ask the question.   If any of my lines ever comes up as having been a jackpot combination then I am hestitant to use them.   Do you think I should?

Page 402 of 873