Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is Mirlande Wilson an Attention Seeking Fraud, or Have the Winning Ticket?

Topic closed. 109 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Since March 31, rumors have been flying non-stop regarding Wilson's bizarre remarks, contradictions, and strange actions. Is she the real deal?       

Or will the real Maryland MM winner be forth coming any day now, to bring this circus act to an abrupt conclusion?  Dunk

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2012, 8:31 am - IP Logged

At this point I honestly don't know what to think. From her actions you would think she is a complete fraud. But for her to continue to perpetuate

this drama for so long and hire an attorney to boot? As another poster remarked, she might be drawing attention to herself deliberately, to

allow a friend/relative to claim the winning ticket, and take the heat from the lotto pool away from her.   Leaving

Beyond that, this is making for great entertainment, and hopefully giving us more insight as to what we should all not be doing, if any of us

should hit the big one!   Yes Nod

steph219121's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
      Dayton OH
      United States
      Member #124697
      March 18, 2012
      251 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2012, 8:55 am - IP Logged

Yeah why would she go and hire and attorney if she did not have the winning ticket??? I think she has it. I think she is trying to figure out how to get out of paying her coworkers and getting sued.

Lucky Lady O-H-I-O

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Yeah why would she go and hire and attorney if she did not have the winning ticket??? I think she has it. I think she is trying to figure out how to get out of paying her coworkers and getting sued.

If that is the case, this will not go well for her. With all the security protocols and people talking, it wouldn't take much of a break to expose

her schemes. And if this is the case, it is sad because Mirlande and her 15 other lottery pool members, all could have easily retired for life off

the $105 million after taxes windfall. This could have gone so differently, and had a happy ending were it not for one greedy person.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:48 am - IP Logged

If she DOES have the ticket, by the time the attorneys get done... they will have over 1/2 collected in fees, leaving 1/2 of total pot to recipients.  It should have gone much smoother.  She has made it certain that everyone EXCEPT for the vultures lose.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
            TX
            United States
            Member #121193
            January 4, 2012
            1637 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:48 am - IP Logged

If that is the case, this will not go well for her. With all the security protocols and people talking, it wouldn't take much of a break to expose

her schemes. And if this is the case, it is sad because Mirlande and her 15 other lottery pool members, all could have easily retired for life off

the $105 million after taxes windfall. This could have gone so differently, and had a happy ending were it not for one greedy person.

Tough call Mac....While every aspect of this women's involvement creates  suspicion/doubt , there is the video that shows a male did buy the QP ticket at the 7:15 time frame (which I didn't see). While her statements clearly are "unique" and erratic. I don't think her common sense level is anywhere near average. She COULD BE the sole winner if the male did purchase the ticket for her alone. That will be the key to solving this mystery. Yes I agree with you 100% it could have been a happy ending for all. What if you were in her shoes and you did buy that ticket separate from the others? Would you feel it necessary to share the jackpot equally with your coworkers ? I know, I know, none of us would have handled it this way at all. ESPECIALLY the placement of the ticket. 
                  Trying to be fair to her in this matter is challenging but remember, we as good people shouldn't rush to final judgement without hearing,seeing all known facts in this Lottery (cess)Pool case.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10344 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

CDanaT,

"She COULD BE the sole winner if the male did purchase the ticket for her alone."

True, that might be the case, but considering Maryland is a state that allows remaining anonymous why would she "blab it to the rabbit"?

Either way, whether she has the winning ticket or not she's an attention monger.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:11 am - IP Logged

CDanaT,

"She COULD BE the sole winner if the male did purchase the ticket for her alone."

True, that might be the case, but considering Maryland is a state that allows remaining anonymous why would she "blab it to the rabbit"?

Either way, whether she has the winning ticket or not she's an attention monger.

C.T., that(imho) goes back to the "lack of common sense" and being overwhelmed. IF and I have to reiterate that word many times with this "unique taxpayer", IF she has the ticket, it seems reasonable to believe she has never had access to this large amount of money before. While neither you or I can fix Stupid in this case, we can be thankful that we aren't part of it.  You sir are correct, she IS an attention monger. Course I am having a tough time understanding why her atty allowed her to speak in a public forum.... He must have a strategy that is way above my paygrade in understanding. She's definitely not "the brightest crayon in the Crayola Box of 128"........Going to be an interesting outcome

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11974 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Tough call Mac....While every aspect of this women's involvement creates  suspicion/doubt , there is the video that shows a male did buy the QP ticket at the 7:15 time frame (which I didn't see). While her statements clearly are "unique" and erratic. I don't think her common sense level is anywhere near average. She COULD BE the sole winner if the male did purchase the ticket for her alone. That will be the key to solving this mystery. Yes I agree with you 100% it could have been a happy ending for all. What if you were in her shoes and you did buy that ticket separate from the others? Would you feel it necessary to share the jackpot equally with your coworkers ? I know, I know, none of us would have handled it this way at all. ESPECIALLY the placement of the ticket. 
                        Trying to be fair to her in this matter is challenging but remember, we as good people shouldn't rush to final judgement without hearing,seeing all known facts in this Lottery (cess)Pool case.

The jackpot belongs to her if the man seen on the video bought her the ticket. I agree with you lets wait and see.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

East of Columbus, OH
                    United States
                    Member #120843
                    December 28, 2011
                    447 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:32 am - IP Logged

I believe that Wilson is full of BS

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2012, 10:56 am - IP Logged

C.T., that(imho) goes back to the "lack of common sense" and being overwhelmed. IF and I have to reiterate that word many times with this "unique taxpayer", IF she has the ticket, it seems reasonable to believe she has never had access to this large amount of money before. While neither you or I can fix Stupid in this case, we can be thankful that we aren't part of it.  You sir are correct, she IS an attention monger. Course I am having a tough time understanding why her atty allowed her to speak in a public forum.... He must have a strategy that is way above my paygrade in understanding. She's definitely not "the brightest crayon in the Crayola Box of 128"........Going to be an interesting outcome

Good points CD. She never did actually speak at the press conference with her attorney however. The day or two before, she did blab a few comments

to a reporter who was camped out on her lawn.

Still cannot understand even now, what possible purpose this "press conference" had. If anything just mixed things up all the more.  What?

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2012, 11:05 am - IP Logged

If she DOES have the ticket, by the time the attorneys get done... they will have over 1/2 collected in fees, leaving 1/2 of total pot to recipients.  It should have gone much smoother.  She has made it certain that everyone EXCEPT for the vultures lose.

What a naughty girl she might be!   Hippy

Alway's great for the attorney's however, they need to put food on the table to.   Yes Nod    LOL    Lurking

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                          NY
                          United States
                          Member #121961
                          January 21, 2012
                          3157 Posts
                          Posted: April 5, 2012, 11:27 am - IP Logged

The lotto frenzy has fried her brain. There's millions suffering from this. I also believe it's all a strategic plan by Mcdonalds to boost sales while taking advantage of free advertising.

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2012, 11:31 am - IP Logged

The lotto frenzy has fried her brain. There's millions suffering from this. I also believe it's all a strategic plan by Mcdonalds to boost sales while taking advantage of free advertising.

Good angle RS, maybe they will raffle off the winning ticket if they can locate in their "McSafe".  Kinda of like their Monopoly game they had a while back.

Hell, I'd buy a happy meal for a crack at that kind of dough.  Hyper

TX
                              United States
                              Member #121193
                              January 4, 2012
                              1637 Posts
                              Posted: April 5, 2012, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Good points CD. She never did actually speak at the press conference with her attorney however. The day or two before, she did blab a few comments

to a reporter who was camped out on her lawn.

Still cannot understand even now, what possible purpose this "press conference" had. If anything just mixed things up all the more.  What?

I didn't see the interview with the Atty hyesterday..I thought he was present on the one before...wasn't paying attention, my fault....Yeah, the press conference???/  almost makes me think it was more of a "free advertisement for the lawyer" than it was for the alleged winner.