Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is Mirlande Wilson an Attention Seeking Fraud, or Have the Winning Ticket?

Topic closed. 109 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 2 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #93503
July 1, 2010
453 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2012, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

This won't have a happy ending calling it now.. that is if she is the winner.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
    TX
    United States
    Member #121193
    January 4, 2012
    1637 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2012, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

If she DOES have the ticket, by the time the attorneys get done... they will have over 1/2 collected in fees, leaving 1/2 of total pot to recipients.  It should have gone much smoother.  She has made it certain that everyone EXCEPT for the vultures lose.

While the attys get a serious chunk of change representing this lady...Their fees wont reach a million dollars(even at $500/hr), let alone half of the jackpot...Yes  Max..It should have gone ALOT smoother and she sure did create chaos vs choosing comfort..  Bash

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
      NY
      United States
      Member #121961
      January 21, 2012
      3157 Posts
      Posted: April 5, 2012, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Good angle RS, maybe they will raffle off the winning ticket if they can locate in their "McSafe".  Kinda of like their Monopoly game they had a while back.

Hell, I'd buy a happy meal for a crack at that kind of dough.  Hyper

Good call. Now she says the ticket is in the mcdonalds safe. Too funny. Big announcement coming up.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
        Whiskey Island
        United States
        Member #90216
        April 24, 2010
        12730 Posts
        Posted: April 5, 2012, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

A Big IF  she has the Winning Ticket , She will be Broke in 10 years with Seven Kids ( The Curse of the Lottery will Strike Her Down Real Fast !!! ) ...She ripped of the Mc D's Lotto Pool !!!

United States
          Member #111442
          May 25, 2011
          6323 Posts
          Posted: April 5, 2012, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

A Big IF  she has the Winning Ticket , She will be Broke in 10 years with Seven Kids ( The Curse of the Lottery will Strike Her Down Real Fast !!! ) ...She ripped of the Mc D's Lotto Pool !!!

Maybe if she loses all her money in the next few years, she'd be willing to accept a starring role on "How The Lottery Changed My Life"    Hippy

"Worst Nightmare Editions". They would probably toss her $500 for her appearance. (Which she would have spent by lunchtime).       Thud

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

Another "smaller" update on the dog and pony show. Was just watching Fox news on "Kelly's Court" where she had two opposing attorney's

weighing in on her bizarre news conference. One of the first things that came up was that fact that Mirlande is now "backing off" her claim

that the winning MM ticket is somewhere in the McDonalds' safe.  Coffee

Beyond that was the observation that during most of the "news conference" Mirlande was just gabbing away on her cell. She didn't seem serious,

excited or show any emotion that a typical winner would allude to. The most disturbing sign in this panels observation, is that no one, not even

her attorney had seen any ticket, let alone the winning one.

The final consensus was that she was a total phony, milking what little time was left of her time in the spot light.

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #104853
              January 21, 2011
              159 Posts
              Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

I don't think she's an attention getter...just a woman who has noooooo idea what the heck she's doing whatsoever.

One theory I have is that she thought she had the winning ticket but is now realizing she doesn't or something, thus the constantly changing story.

Another theory is that she does have the ticket, perhaps the man did buy it for her but now she has no clue how to handle the bad timing of the ticket and the accusations that the ticket was for the pool.

One more thing I don't get about all of this is...if someone else bought the ticket for her, what happened to the $5 trip she was supposed to make to buy more tickets on her way home from work that night?  Did she went straight home instead and gave the $5 for someone else to buy them?

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
                Member #3792
                February 21, 2004
                198 Posts
                Posted: April 5, 2012, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

its all a publicty stunt, but for who, that is the question.  notice the hat she was wearing at the press conference?  sweet swine pork rinds.  a website named that was created yesterday and its about animals against romney or some stupidity.    yes the lawyer is in on it, is he getting compensated or is the publicity hes getting on tv compensation enough?

United States
                  Member #111442
                  May 25, 2011
                  6323 Posts
                  Posted: April 5, 2012, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

its all a publicty stunt, but for who, that is the question.  notice the hat she was wearing at the press conference?  sweet swine pork rinds.  a website named that was created yesterday and its about animals against romney or some stupidity.    yes the lawyer is in on it, is he getting compensated or is the publicity hes getting on tv compensation enough?

Yeah, saw that hat, kind of hard to miss! I guess we don't have enough drama as it is, now lets bring in Sweet Swine against the Romney campaign,

and "free" press coverage for attorney Smith's practice. The funny thing is that the press people are suckers for it. It's like giving away free

cocaine to an addict.   Stretch

Bahamas
                    Member #114685
                    August 5, 2011
                    422 Posts
                    Posted: April 5, 2012, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, saw that hat, kind of hard to miss! I guess we don't have enough drama as it is, now lets bring in Sweet Swine against the Romney campaign,

and "free" press coverage for attorney Smith's practice. The funny thing is that the press people are suckers for it. It's like giving away free

cocaine to an addict.   Stretch

Free press coverage? lol!

He is definitely the legal professional I would retain. She wants her privacy he claims, then why was she at the press conference at all? She was directed by him not to speak or even gesture to the press so couldn't he have come out and speak on behalf of his client? And what high caliber attorney would take on a client under all of this controversy and not know up front having validated with his own eyes that she did not or did indeed possess the winning ticket?

Things that make you go hmmm...

"Freedom of Speech? Keep reading and you will discover that freedom comes at a price!"

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: April 5, 2012, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Free press coverage? lol!

He is definitely the legal professional I would retain. She wants her privacy he claims, then why was she at the press conference at all? She was directed by him not to speak or even gesture to the press so couldn't he have come out and speak on behalf of his client? And what high caliber attorney would take on a client under all of this controversy and not know up front having validated with his own eyes that she did not or did indeed possess the winning ticket?

Things that make you go hmmm...

One hand is rubbing another, as this whole made for TV comedy/drama unfolds before us each day. Mirlande may be gunning for a reality TV

Gig, while attorney Smith is receiving his "compensation", via this nationwide press conference where he is practically the star of the show.   Star

(This nationwide TV coverage could cost hundreds of thousands, if it had to be paid for!)

My guess is by tomorrow or early next week, the "real" winner will come forward anonymously, and shut this fleeting drama series down for good.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4785 Posts
                        Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

One hand is rubbing another, as this whole made for TV comedy/drama unfolds before us each day. Mirlande may be gunning for a reality TV

Gig, while attorney Smith is receiving his "compensation", via this nationwide press conference where he is practically the star of the show.   Star

(This nationwide TV coverage could cost hundreds of thousands, if it had to be paid for!)

My guess is by tomorrow or early next week, the "real" winner will come forward anonymously, and shut this fleeting drama series down for good.

ohhhh that is likely the missing piece here.  A reality tv show. She is the most talked about woman in the world this week.  And who wears a pink swine hat? I would not answer my door looking like that let alone go on tv. A good attorney would have told her how to dress and given her a tailored jacket to wear at least and told her to take off the hat. 

A show with her could not be worse that those housewives of whereever shows. I bet every wanna be TV writer (including myself) has ideas now for a great comedy series.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

ohhhh that is likely the missing piece here.  A reality tv show. She is the most talked about woman in the world this week.  And who wears a pink swine hat? I would not answer my door looking like that let alone go on tv. A good attorney would have told her how to dress and given her a tailored jacket to wear at least and told her to take off the hat. 

A show with her could not be worse that those housewives of whereever shows. I bet every wanna be TV writer (including myself) has ideas now for a great comedy series.

Just a "working theory" Artist. I just can't fathom her being the winner, nor going back to flippin burgers and face those steaming mad

lottery pool co-workers. So, that just leaves a niche for her to jump into some trashy, but well paying reality series. As you said she is one

of the most talked about woman for this last week, so she'll have some instant name and face recognition.   Hippy

But I could be completely wrong about everything. Maybe she will donate it all to charity, and become a missionary nun. Maybe she will decide

to run for president? Maybe she is an alien? Who knows?    Roll Eyes

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4785 Posts
                            Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Mirlandia:  The newest psychogical disorder added to the American Psychiatric Association's book of disorders.

Diagnosis: The patient is disconnected from reality and believes he/she has won a major lottery. Accompanied by a multitude of strange contradictory verbal utterances and an unfounded belief and fear that the "winning" ticket is hidden somewhere.  Also may show a preference for pink swine hats and an addiction to one sided conversations on a cell phone.

Common usages of the term (slang):  (While shopping) Don't spend too much money and commit a mirlandia until you find your ticket. 

See also Mirlandized (being taken on a painful journey with no end in sight).

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: April 5, 2012, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Mirlandia:  The newest psychogical disorder added to the American Psychiatric Association's book of disorders.

Diagnosis: The patient is disconnected from reality and believes he/she has won a major lottery. Accompanied by a multitude of strange contradictory verbal utterances and an unfounded belief and fear that the "winning" ticket is hidden somewhere.  Also may show a preference for pink swine hats and an addiction to one sided conversations on a cell phone.

Common usages of the term (slang):  (While shopping) Don't spend too much money and commit a mirlandia until you find your ticket. 

See also Mirlandized (being taken on a painful journey with no end in sight).

Green laughYou'd make a good shrink Artist!  Conehead