Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is Mirlande Wilson an Attention Seeking Fraud, or Have the Winning Ticket?

Topic closed. 109 replies. Last post 5 years ago by mcginnin56.

Page 6 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4791 Posts
Posted: April 9, 2012, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

This should put to   Bed    all conspiracy theories once and for all. Will Ms. Wilson be the "one"? Did she finally find the "misplaced" ticket?  Roll Eyes

Well if it is anonymous, unless some details are given that seem to exclude her, we may never know.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: April 9, 2012, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Well if it is anonymous, unless some details are given that seem to exclude her, we may never know.

if we never hear about the law suit from the mcdonalds workers, that would exclude her.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4791 Posts
      Posted: April 9, 2012, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

if we never hear about the law suit from the mcdonalds workers, that would exclude her.

I don't think it is her based on the comment from her attorney (unless she fired him).

A Maryland Mega Millions winner stepped forward Monday to stake claim a third  of a record $656 million jackpot, a lottery official told the Daily News.

Details on the winning claim will be revealed by Maryland Lottery Director  Stephen Martino at an 8 a.m. press conference Tuesday in Baltimore, officials  said.

In Maryland, the winner is given the choice of remaining anonymous.

Lottery officials refused to say if the winner was Mirlande Wilson,  the Baltimore McDonald’s worker who suggested she held the winning ticket.

Wilson could not be immediately reached for comment, but her lawyer said he  spoke to her earlier Monday and she didn’t say anything about claiming the  prize.

“I didn’t hear that the ticket had been claimed, said Wilson’s attorney, Edward Smith Jr., told  The News.

“God bless whoever has the ticket — and my message is, ‘Watch your back,’” said Smith, suggesting that Wilson is not the winner.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: April 9, 2012, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it is her based on the comment from her attorney (unless she fired him).

A Maryland Mega Millions winner stepped forward Monday to stake claim a third  of a record $656 million jackpot, a lottery official told the Daily News.

Details on the winning claim will be revealed by Maryland Lottery Director  Stephen Martino at an 8 a.m. press conference Tuesday in Baltimore, officials  said.

In Maryland, the winner is given the choice of remaining anonymous.

Lottery officials refused to say if the winner was Mirlande Wilson,  the Baltimore McDonald’s worker who suggested she held the winning ticket.

Wilson could not be immediately reached for comment, but her lawyer said he  spoke to her earlier Monday and she didn’t say anything about claiming the  prize.

“I didn’t hear that the ticket had been claimed, said Wilson’s attorney, Edward Smith Jr., told  The News.

“God bless whoever has the ticket — and my message is, ‘Watch your back,’” said Smith, suggesting that Wilson is not the winner.

what i was getting at was that once the mcd workers find out its not her,

then we won't hear from them any further.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
          Kunming
          China
          Member #57910
          January 23, 2008
          3626 Posts
          Posted: April 9, 2012, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Well the real Maryland winner came forward. They are gonna have a news confrence.

Play to win!

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:27 am - IP Logged

what i was getting at was that once the mcd workers find out its not her,

then we won't hear from them any further.

If it wasn't Wilson, wonder if the disgruntled Mac employees will continue their lottery pool? If they do, think they'll change the way they

they run Thinking of...their pool going forward?  LOL  Roll Eyes

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: April 10, 2012, 3:52 am - IP Logged

hopefully they learned somethingWink...leason for all who are thinking about joining a lottery pool, do it the right way or don't do it at all. I run a lottery pool at my job & trust me it is well documented...Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: April 10, 2012, 4:02 am - IP Logged

hopefully they learned somethingWink...leason for all who are thinking about joining a lottery pool, do it the right way or don't do it at all. I run a lottery pool at my job & trust me it is well documented...Wink

Perhaps when your pool hits the big one DCF, your positive happy ending story will atone for so many of the negative connotations associated

with lottery pools!  Hurray!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: April 10, 2012, 4:28 am - IP Logged

Thanks mcginninThumbs Up, we came close last summer we got 4# straight on the Mega and miss the ball by 1 digit we had #1 but needed #2. Our time will comeWhite Bounce

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: April 10, 2012, 5:16 am - IP Logged

Thanks mcginninThumbs Up, we came close last summer we got 4# straight on the Mega and miss the ball by 1 digit we had #1 but needed #2. Our time will comeWhite Bounce

Wow! So close. Eek

United States
                      Member #124814
                      March 20, 2012
                      219 Posts
                      Posted: April 10, 2012, 6:09 am - IP Logged

I honestly think Ms. Wilson was in cahoots with the real winner, running what is called the "Kansas City Shuffle". Making all of us look one way(at her), while the real winner claims the prize while everyone is looking the other way.

United States
                        Member #111442
                        May 25, 2011
                        6323 Posts
                        Posted: April 10, 2012, 6:23 am - IP Logged

I honestly think Ms. Wilson was in cahoots with the real winner, running what is called the "Kansas City Shuffle". Making all of us look one way(at her), while the real winner claims the prize while everyone is looking the other way.

That's one dance I never learned.   No Nod     Perhaps Ms. Wilson would consider giving lessons?    White Bounce

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: April 10, 2012, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Well we all "looked" the other away that's for sure. Maybe Ms. Wilson is somehow in cahoots with these three "real" winners. I'm sure of it!   Bandit

United States
                            Member #111442
                            May 25, 2011
                            6323 Posts
                            Posted: April 11, 2012, 9:58 am - IP Logged

"LOTTO LOON LOOT SUIT"   The Mega Millions fight just got supersized!  (New York Post yesterday)

Ms. Wilson is now being sued on behalf of one the 16 McDonald's Lottery Pool members. A Mandisa Mazibuko is suing on behalf of her friend,

who was contributing $5 to a weekly pool for MM. She alleges her friend was led to believe Ms. Wilson had won a share of the jackpot and refused

to share with the other pool members. Apparently Wilson had telephoned at least three of the lotto pool members screaming with excitement

"We Won The Jackpot!!!" Further details forthcoming. Crazy

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: April 11, 2012, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

There is a law suit going on now with one of the pool members.  Smash     (see previous post).