Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY Sweet Millions

Topic closed. 1125 replies. Last post 3 years ago by GiveFive.

Page 41 of 76
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3813 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2013, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the Information !

CW4

You're welcome.  I'm gonna try to do more of that kind of thing, but right now, I'm not sure what type of info I should try to pull out of the software.  Any suggestions?

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
    Member #94616
    July 24, 2010
    4735 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2013, 6:15 am - IP Logged

I've been playing around with Advantage Plus and generated some Sweet Million stats. Thought I'd share them.  I hope they're useful to you, but maybe in the overall scheme of things they dont mean much. I'll leave it up to you to decide if they're helpful or not.

If any given SM number hits 24 times (or more) in one year, that's alot!  That's because the expected number of hits for any SM number is 16 times per year.

In 2010, the 24 hit 25 times. It came out that year more times than any other number. 

In 2011, the 2 and the 35 tied for the most hits. Each had 24 hits.

In 2012, the 17 hit 22 times. It had the most number of hits in 2012. 

So far this year, the 40 is on fire!  Expected hits for 6 months is 8 times, and the 40 has been out 16 times since January 1st of this year!  The 23 isnt far behind the 40, it's been out 14 times.  I maynot play the 40 too much the balanceof this year. I do think it's going to come out some more in 2013, but I think it'll cool off, and come out around a total of 24 times, so it may only have 8 more hits left in it for the rest of this year.

I usually play two numbers from the thirty's on all my lines.  That's because for whatever reason, it's very common for two numbers from the thirty's to be drawn more often than not.  G5

Very useful info, thanks.  On the other end of the spectrum - the 19 has only hit 2 times and the 20 has hit 3 times in 2013.

And (more observation than hard numbers) OFTEN there is a REPEAT of one number from the prior play.  Sometimes 2 numbers repeat, rarely 3 or more.

With 6 numbers drawn, 2 numbers from any set seems like a ok bet.  And again just obersvation - 3 numbers from a set seems like it happens a bit too.

So looking forward now - no 30's in the last 2 plays so look for them to show tonight.  And watch for more EVEN than ODD numbers to hit.

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3813 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2013, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I agree 3 numbers from any given set happens quite a bit. And I think you're also right about repeaters too.

I would add that 4 numbers drawn from any set (especially the singles and the 30's) happens more often than I thought it would.  One caveat: Because there is only one number from the 40's, I lump the 40 in with the 30's when I color-code my chart.) 

For this game, I have a set of six numbers that I play each drawing.  I double down on that particular line as well. Now that the promo is in effect for July, I'll add 3 more different lines to my playslip and take advantage of the promo.

Today is the big day for Connecticut SuperDraw.  Last nite I checked the Ct Lottery's website and at 9:01 PM, 48,000 tickets out of a max of 275,000 that could have been sold, were UNSOLD!  That says the odds went down to 223,000 to 1 that somebody is going to win one million dollars..... hope it's me!

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
        Whiskey Island
        United States
        Member #90216
        April 24, 2010
        12808 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2013, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Next 3 Draws:

8 - 9 - 12 - 31 - 34 - 37

8 - 12 - 14 - 31 - 34 - 37

8 - 14 - 28 - 31 - 34 - 37

9 - 12 - 14 - 31 - 34 - 37

9 - 14 - 28 - 31 - 34 - 37

12 - 14 - 28 - 31 - 34 - 37

NY State
          United States
          Member #92609
          June 10, 2010
          3813 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Well alright now!  My doubling down on SM has paid off!!!

Tonites winning Sweet Million Numbers are: 18 19 24 25 35 39

I had 3 numbers (the 18, 25 & 35) ON BOTH OF MY LINES (Cuz I play the same line twice on my ticket) so what would normally have been a $3.00 win is a $6.00 win! 

I had a one-off on the 39 too.  I had 38, if I had the 39, I'd have scored 80 bucks on that ticket......

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: July 11, 2013, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Well alright now!  My doubling down on SM has paid off!!!

Tonites winning Sweet Million Numbers are: 18 19 24 25 35 39

I had 3 numbers (the 18, 25 & 35) ON BOTH OF MY LINES (Cuz I play the same line twice on my ticket) so what would normally have been a $3.00 win is a $6.00 win! 

I had a one-off on the 39 too.  I had 38, if I had the 39, I'd have scored 80 bucks on that ticket......

WOW, that is NOT easy to get 2 lines to pay.  I should have seen high numbers coming after all the singles that popped in the last couple of plays. 

Really strange game... we keep seeing runs of 3 in a row... the 3 hit 3 times in a row, then before that the 7 hit 3 times in a row..and the 40 hit 4 times in a row too!

I am covered on all but the 19 for a repeat of last plays numbers... lets see if the 19 shows up in the bonus numbers ....Yes Nod

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3813 Posts
              Posted: July 11, 2013, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

WOW, that is NOT easy to get 2 lines to pay.  I should have seen high numbers coming after all the singles that popped in the last couple of plays. 

Really strange game... we keep seeing runs of 3 in a row... the 3 hit 3 times in a row, then before that the 7 hit 3 times in a row..and the 40 hit 4 times in a row too!

I am covered on all but the 19 for a repeat of last plays numbers... lets see if the 19 shows up in the bonus numbers ....Yes Nod

Well, it was really ONE line that paid 6 bucks.  That's because I play the exact same set of six numbers TWICE on the same ticket.  That's what I mean when I say I "double down"  Essentally it costs me two bucks to play one set of six numbers.  There are two lines printed on my ticket, but they are identical.

I do that because the million dollar prize for having all 6 numbers is NOT pari-mutuel for the first five tickets that have the winning numbers.  I'd win two million dollars even if there were 3 other JP winners.  It's kind of the same thing as buying The PowerPlay in PB, but it costs a buck less, and the odds are much lower in SM to get 6 numbers than they are to get 5 numbers in PB.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: July 11, 2013, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Well, it was really ONE line that paid 6 bucks.  That's because I play the exact same set of six numbers TWICE on the same ticket.  That's what I mean when I say I "double down"  Essentally it costs me two bucks to play one set of six numbers.  There are two lines printed on my ticket, but they are identical.

I do that because the million dollar prize for having all 6 numbers is NOT pari-mutuel for the first five tickets that have the winning numbers.  I'd win two million dollars even if there were 3 other JP winners.  It's kind of the same thing as buying The PowerPlay in PB, but it costs a buck less, and the odds are much lower in SM to get 6 numbers than they are to get 5 numbers in PB.

Congrats on your six buck win!  I cant seem to get a break here.

Thinking 23 as power number for sweet million. (skip 2)

Looking for perhaps no numbers from 1 to 13 again. Looking also double repeaters.

Maybe

18 19 23?

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: July 11, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Yup, picked up the 19 in one of my FP lines 

Whiskey Island
                    United States
                    Member #90216
                    April 24, 2010
                    12808 Posts
                    Posted: July 11, 2013, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

Next 3 Draws:

8 - 9 - 12 - 31 - 34 - 37

8 - 12 - 14 - 31 - 34 - 37

8 - 14 - 28 - 31 - 34 - 37

9 - 12 - 14 - 31 - 34 - 37

9 - 14 - 28 - 31 - 34 - 37

12 - 14 - 28 - 31 - 34 - 37

CajunWin4New YorkSweet Million3 of 608-14-28-31-34-3703-06-14-18-28-37$5
                    CajunWin4New YorkSweet Million3 of 609-14-28-31-34-3703-06-14-18-28-37$5
                    CajunWin4New YorkSweet Million3 of 612-14-28-31-34-3703-06-14-18-28-37$5

New York (NY) Take 5 Lottery Results

Draw Date  Results 
                    Wed, Jul 10, 201303-06-11-25-28?

NY State
                      United States
                      Member #92609
                      June 10, 2010
                      3813 Posts
                      Posted: July 11, 2013, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

So I get home from work tonite, and my younger daughter (she's 20) says to me;

"Hey Dad!  I won ya a Free Play for Take5!"

What???   You bought a lottery ticket??

Nope!  I bought THREE scratch-offs!   And this one won a Take5 FP! 

Whadya win on the other ones?

I dunno.. havent scratched 'em yet.

Whaddaya waitin' for??? 

So she started scratchin'.  She won two bucks on Cashword.  So I say: "You could parlay that into a 5 dollar SM ticket and get the promo for tonite, and it'd only cost ya three bucks"

I could what??? 

I explain what "parlay" means and how the SM promo works. 

"I'll do it!! Let's go to The Store!" she says. 

She handed the clerk the Cashword winner and three bucks and bought the SM promo. 

The drawing was held just a short while ago. We checked the numbers on The NYS Lottery website. She had two numbers, and 3 one-off's on the same line..... I didnt have the heart to tell her how close she came to winning 500 bucks.

She did have 3 numbers on one of the three free lines, so she won 3 bucks.  But she told me she wasnt gonna do no more "parlayin'".....

Whiskey Island
                        United States
                        Member #90216
                        April 24, 2010
                        12808 Posts
                        Posted: July 11, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

So I get home from work tonite, and my younger daughter (she's 20) says to me;

"Hey Dad!  I won ya a Free Play for Take5!"

What???   You bought a lottery ticket??

Nope!  I bought THREE scratch-offs!   And this one won a Take5 FP! 

Whadya win on the other ones?

I dunno.. havent scratched 'em yet.

Whaddaya waitin' for??? 

So she started scratchin'.  She won two bucks on Cashword.  So I say: "You could parlay that into a 5 dollar SM ticket and get the promo for tonite, and it'd only cost ya three bucks"

I could what??? 

I explain what "parlay" means and how the SM promo works. 

"I'll do it!! Let's go to The Store!" she says. 

She handed the clerk the Cashword winner and three bucks and bought the SM promo. 

The drawing was held just a short while ago. We checked the numbers on The NYS Lottery website. She had two numbers, and 3 one-off's on the same line..... I didnt have the heart to tell her how close she came to winning 500 bucks.

She did have 3 numbers on one of the three free lines, so she won 3 bucks.  But she told me she wasnt gonna do no more "parlayin'".....

GiveFive ,

Watch out ! She may just buy a ticket or Two and Hit that Jackpot !

NY State
                          United States
                          Member #92609
                          June 10, 2010
                          3813 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2013, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

GiveFive ,

Watch out ! She may just buy a ticket or Two and Hit that Jackpot !

Yeah, I know. That very well might happen. 

Then I'd have to hire a lawyer to try and get me some of that money cuz she sure wouldnt give me any of it!

NY State
                            United States
                            Member #92609
                            June 10, 2010
                            3813 Posts
                            Posted: July 13, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

Very useful info, thanks.  On the other end of the spectrum - the 19 has only hit 2 times and the 20 has hit 3 times in 2013.

And (more observation than hard numbers) OFTEN there is a REPEAT of one number from the prior play.  Sometimes 2 numbers repeat, rarely 3 or more.

With 6 numbers drawn, 2 numbers from any set seems like a ok bet.  And again just obersvation - 3 numbers from a set seems like it happens a bit too.

So looking forward now - no 30's in the last 2 plays so look for them to show tonight.  And watch for more EVEN than ODD numbers to hit.

Kap,

I would agree with your observation that playing 2 numbers from any set (1 thru 10, 11 thru 20 etc) does seem like an ok bet. 

But there is a catch!! 

We've definitely seen two numbers from 3 ranges of 10 numbers in some drawings.  But when it happens, one range of ten will/must be skipped/omitted. 

For instance, on June 17th 2013, this set of 6 numbers was drawn:  4 7 11 17 32 40.  Notice that there were no numbers drawn from the range of 20 tru 29.  So if/when you pick two numbers from 3 ranges of 10, know that one range of ten will be omitted.   I track the numbers drawn by ranges of ten.  I was surprised to see that two numbers drawn from 3 ranges of ten doesnt happen all that much.

I also track SM numbers by 3 groups. (1 thru 13, 14 thru 26, & 27 thru 40)  That's where picking two numbers from each of those 3 ranges is a good bet.  That's because of the 3,838,383 possible combinations of 6 numbers, there are 553,664 possible combo's with 2 numbers from each of the those 3 three ranges/groups.  Here's hoping this post helps you score a cool million!  G5

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3813 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2013, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Here's an ugly stat.....

The 16 - 19 pair in Sweet Million has only been drawn 5 times in the entire history of the game.  (Total number of drawings is 399.  There are three pairs that have been drawn the most at 17 times. 12 - 25, 17 - 35 and 9 - 39 )

The last time 16 - 19 were seen together?  330 drawings ago....  It's the pair that has been missing the longest span of drawings.

Would you play it?   I might.

That's the thing.  Is that pair something to avoid, or is it so overdue you should play it? 

It's just one more reason why QP's should be avoided, if you think playing that pair should be avoided.  You could get that pair with a QP, and if you didnt know it hasnt been drawn in 330 drawings you'd be fat, dumb, and happy.  (But who walks around knowing information like that?)

Page 41 of 76