Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What happens if I play for years on end and never end up winning anything in the lottery?

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: September 21, 2012, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Hi Shyguitar:

I believe we all get a little depressed when we lose. Sometimes it seems the harder we try for success only guarantees our failure. I think most people are just like you. We are told from childhood to try harder at school. Try harder at athletics. Try harder at love, your marriage, your career. Try harder to hit the lottery. I am one who believes that trying harder does not work in life or the lottery.

When I retired I wrote a book titled The Ninth Siddhi. It is my second book on using meditation techniques to win the lottery. The gist of the book is to set an energized intention to win the lottery and manifest the numbers close to the Source of Thought. We chart our daily plays and use a 10 day moving average to make sure that we are improving. That is, hitting more numbers more often than chance would have it. If you know you are improving at a super normal skill, it takes a lot of the anxiety out of losing day after day. Everyone starts out learning the technique on three and then four number games. Once these games are won, we work in groups to win the Mega lotteries.

Furthermore, the meditation technique will reduce your anxiety and reduce your blood pressure. You will experience increased sexual energy, feel rejuvenated, and attract more wealth, abundance and prosperity to your life. In addition, you will encourage a less violent community. It worked for me. Maybe it will work for you?

"I am one who believes that trying harder does not work in life"

If your trying to put a square peg in a round hole........ I agree.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: September 21, 2012, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

"I am one who believes that trying harder does not work in life"

If your trying to put a square peg in a round hole........ I agree.

Even a round peg won't fit in a round hole is the hole is too small but a square peg will fit in a round hole if the hole is big enough.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #122468
      February 1, 2012
      530 Posts
      Posted: September 21, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I really, really dig your post and admire both your personality and outlook. So many people fall into the various caegories you've described here...I know I do. A lottery isn't impossible to win, first of all, okay. It's just that with so many numbers involved, it's real hard to get all of 'em on the same line which is why the payout is MILLIONS!! In a past post, I mentioned a "scattered-type" of payout but, that would make it overly easy to match the numbers.

Anyhow, I would suggest that you maintain a positive attitude with it and don't set your expectations too high. Lottery burn-out happens every day with players thinking that it's their day, and, they just have to win...it's my time. This kind of stress and strain only taxes you and compounds depression if/when someone else does win. From most of the stories I've read and interviews I've watched, all lottery winners were very passive when they played and found out they won. It's almost as if they were in "auto pilot" and simply making sure they got their numbers in as usual...even forgetting about having played.

To me, this simply allows all that previously stored-up energy to be released in a very relaxed manner (no force) and that person wins. My assumption could be very off base but, I feel I'm on point based on real stories. Great things happen both when we expect, and, LEAST expect them to. There's a balance in everything under the sun...neither is there anything new under it.

Life is merely a cycling of things which have already happened before, but with different people at different times. Will all this in mind, I'll answer your original question as such:

Whether you end up winning, or, if you never win you won't be alone either way. The difference in the two is the amount of people on either side. The two things both groups have in common, even right now, is that neither can tell the other how to win.  Good luck, and I hope you do find yourself wondering how you finally won very soon.

L.L.

Hi L.L.,

Your reply to my post brightened my day. I've read some of your posts on various threads and tend to agree with you often.  When I started this thread I was feeling pretty sad (my depression was on full that day) and just started questioning many things (the lottery being the biggest).  You are right about not setting my expectations too high. I've always maintained that aiming simply for the jackpot is just being unrealistic so that's why it doesn't really make a difference in terms of the jackpot amount for a game like MM or PB since I would be happy winning any of the prizes and those secondary prizes are always the same. I always play with the multiplier option on both MM and PB because even with a lower tier prize it increases it greatly by playing that option, also I buy just one ticket per draw to keep myself in it.  It's good to hear that other people also might feel similar to myself, after all we all play for a reason.  I also believe like you, that it's when you least expect it that good things can happen (I could sure use some good things in my life, lol).  In terms of getting those numbers to match up that seems the hardest thing of all, especially when you consider all the possible combinations. 

I love to read stories of people who continue to win the lottery and feel happy for people whose lives and the lives of their loved ones will forever be changed (hopefully in a positive way).

L.L. thanks for wishing me luck and I wish you the same good luck.

Shyguitar

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: September 21, 2012, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I've been starting to realize that maybe I've not been realistic with myself when it comes to the lottery. Even though I know the chances of winning a jackpot are astronomical I still have the hope that I will win enough money in the lottery to change my life. For years I only played the lottery when the drawing games were over 100 million but things started to change almost 3 years ago when I just started playing the lottery more consistently hoping for that big win.  Well like the majority of people who play the lottery regulary there is no big win on my end. I read stories about some people playing for 30 years before they win the jackpot and other's who rarely play and win a big jackpot.  I'm just started to have to accept that maybe I've been living in a dreamworld about all of this. Everytime I scratch a ticket and win nothing and each time I check my PB, MM, Mass Cash or Lucky for Life Ticket and get nothing I get extremely depressed. Why was I able to go for so many years feeling that playing the lottery was only a losing proposition and a voluntary tax so I rarelyplayed to being the way I am now with this desperate need to win. Sorry for my rambling I'm just feeling bummed out today. Have been playing less but can't seem to give up cold turkey on the lottery. Some people on this site seem like they are upbeat people and wish I could be that way.

What happens is you will have lost a fair sum of money.

Chalk it up to entertainment or a gambling problem.

WHATT

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 21, 2012, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I see Eastwind doesn't answer questions.

Oh well.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4786 Posts
            Posted: September 21, 2012, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

I see Eastwind doesn't answer questions.

Oh well.

lol  Ridge, he is too busy selling his self published book.  Based on its sales ranking on amazon, he has sold no more than one copy or less in about a month.  One would think such a book that told one how to win the lottery, would be ranked much higher ;)  He also has no author profile/bio when you click his author name on Amazon.  Not a good way to sell books.

J'aime La France.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: September 23, 2012, 8:56 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I've been starting to realize that maybe I've not been realistic with myself when it comes to the lottery. Even though I know the chances of winning a jackpot are astronomical I still have the hope that I will win enough money in the lottery to change my life. For years I only played the lottery when the drawing games were over 100 million but things started to change almost 3 years ago when I just started playing the lottery more consistently hoping for that big win.  Well like the majority of people who play the lottery regulary there is no big win on my end. I read stories about some people playing for 30 years before they win the jackpot and other's who rarely play and win a big jackpot.  I'm just started to have to accept that maybe I've been living in a dreamworld about all of this. Everytime I scratch a ticket and win nothing and each time I check my PB, MM, Mass Cash or Lucky for Life Ticket and get nothing I get extremely depressed. Why was I able to go for so many years feeling that playing the lottery was only a losing proposition and a voluntary tax so I rarelyplayed to being the way I am now with this desperate need to win. Sorry for my rambling I'm just feeling bummed out today. Have been playing less but can't seem to give up cold turkey on the lottery. Some people on this site seem like they are upbeat people and wish I could be that way.

I WILL PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY. IT IS OKAY TO DREAM.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: September 23, 2012, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

lol  Ridge, he is too busy selling his self published book.  Based on its sales ranking on amazon, he has sold no more than one copy or less in about a month.  One would think such a book that told one how to win the lottery, would be ranked much higher ;)  He also has no author profile/bio when you click his author name on Amazon.  Not a good way to sell books.

Yeah, or maybe he just doesn't like Oracles like myself because he knows I can see his inner thoughts.

riscknight's avatar - riscknight
                  Athens
                  Greece
                  Member #133234
                  September 24, 2012
                  188 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

You don't have to give up... Life is full of surprises.

Just make sure you select your numbers correctly; if playing 6/49 LOTTO for example,  the numbers from 1 - 25 are your High Numbers and 26 - 49 your Low Numbers.

Select 3 High & 3 Low. From the 13.983.816 combinations that LOTTO 6/49 has, a line of 6 numbers with 3 High & 3 Low numbers *should* appear in every 3 drawings ( there are 4.655.200 combinations of 3 High & 3 Low numbers from all the 13.983.816 combinations of 6/49 LOTTO; divide 13.983.816 / 4.655.200 and, you'll see how often your "selection" of 3 High & 3 Low numbers should come up if you choose to select your numbers that way ).

My intention is not to "confuse" you - on the contrary. I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful info here on LP that you can use to your advantage. 

Playing the LOTTERY is supposed to be fun amongst other things; the more you research, the more you learn.  And you can increase your chances of winning by doing that.

Be positive, have faith and... who knows?

In this life, everything is possible!

All The Best!

6/49 dis(assembly)

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: September 26, 2012, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Maybe this will make you feel better. http://www.lotterywinnerslist.blogspot.com/ 

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4786 Posts
                      Posted: September 27, 2012, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Maybe this will make you feel better. http://www.lotterywinnerslist.blogspot.com/ 

awww My vote for the nicest post of the week.

J'aime La France.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2012, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

The secret to winning the jackpot lies in those pictures.

As illustrated by that collage, about 90% of jackpot winners are at least a little bit goofy looking.

So obviously, if you're goofy lookin' you have a much better chance to win a jackpot.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          Mcminnville, Oregon
                          United States
                          Member #3013
                          December 13, 2003
                          3047 Posts
                          Posted: September 27, 2012, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

The secret to winning the jackpot lies in those pictures.

As illustrated by that collage, about 90% of jackpot winners are at least a little bit goofy looking.

So obviously, if you're goofy lookin' you have a much better chance to win a jackpot.

I don't stand a chance in winning the lottery then because I am good looking and very handsome I have been told.-weshar75

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: September 27, 2012, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

I don't stand a chance in winning the lottery then because I am good looking and very handsome I have been told.-weshar75

US Flag

You're lucky, weshar75.

I've heard tell that I'm about as cute as a mud fence.

United States
                              Member #111442
                              May 25, 2011
                              6323 Posts
                              Posted: September 27, 2012, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

US Flag

Might as well quit now weshar. Why throw good money after bad?  Jester Laugh