Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What happens if I play for years on end and never end up winning anything in the lottery?

Topic closed. 74 replies. Last post 4 years ago by THRIFTY.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116268
September 7, 2011
20244 Posts
Posted: September 27, 2012, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I don't stand a chance in winning the lottery then because I am good looking and very handsome I have been told.-weshar75

US Flag

Sorry to hear the odds stacked against you.... If only you'd been as ugly as a horses ass, you could continue to play with confidence.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2012, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Sorry to hear the odds stacked against you.... If only you'd been as ugly as a horses ass, you could continue to play with confidence.

Be very careful what you say Ronnie316, you could be offending a lot of horses out there. Just saying.......

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2012, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Now THERE is a winner!!

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11974 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2012, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Does Darth VADER play the lottery in stars wars? They should add a lottery on the stars wars movie.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2012, 11:51 am - IP Logged

I've heard that a person is far more likely to get 500 consecutive hole-in-ones on a short par 3 hole than win a lottery jackpot.

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11974 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2012, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

I've heard that a person is far more likely to get 500 consecutive hole-in-ones on a short par 3 hole than win a lottery jackpot.

I heard that the lottery God is coming to earth from another planet.The lottery God only wears Khaki Suits.Ha,ha,ha

US Flag

new york
              United States
              Member #125915
              March 31, 2012
              40 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2012, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

Hey don't let it get you down...it's just random...I'll tell you what too.... ever since that guy in S.C. dropped $2 on a powerball ticket and freakin won a 265 million dollar jackpot...I can't make myself buy a whole lot of tickets so do what i do and just buy at least one ticket for every drawing and no more than 10 for jackpots over 100 million that way at least your in it but if you don't win you haven't spent a whole lot of BILL money...but its just random I keep hoping I'll win one day but if I don't I can say at least I tried without breaking the bank...

this is a sound approach, lots of time I play well above my means and I dont give up hope, I've been playing triples heavy in NYC for four months and no sign of them I know they're coming just hope I can hold out.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: October 1, 2012, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Hey don't let it get you down...it's just random...I'll tell you what too.... ever since that guy in S.C. dropped $2 on a powerball ticket and freakin won a 265 million dollar jackpot...I can't make myself buy a whole lot of tickets so do what i do and just buy at least one ticket for every drawing and no more than 10 for jackpots over 100 million that way at least your in it but if you don't win you haven't spent a whole lot of BILL money...but its just random I keep hoping I'll win one day but if I don't I can say at least I tried without breaking the bank...

As long as you don't forget my 3 Bentleys, bro.

United States
                  Member #123632
                  February 25, 2012
                  156 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:01 am - IP Logged

10 reasons you dont win. 

1) You're not destined to win and you can cheat fate

2) You dont know what your doing

3) You're wanting to win to change your circumstances when you can change your circumstances without that kind of money

4) You've lost your positive edge

5) You're only wanting to win for you and not thinking of others

6) Someone in your life is a toxic negative nay sayer draining you of your winning spirit

7) It's RANDOM CHANCE

8) You're intellect, logic, reason, pride, ego is getting in the way...play to have fun & be silly, & listen to the instruction for that day.

9) You've lost sight of what life is really about

10) And the number 1 reason you dont win is

The lottery may very well be rigged, fixed, run by dishonest people and whoever has the gold makes the rules, they decide who will win and not you, us or anyone else.

My advice

DO NOT LET ANYONE DECIDE YOUR FATE BY THE LURE OF MONEY...YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE NOT THEM. DO YOUR THING...THE LOTTERY IS THEIR THING...FIND YOUR OWN PURPOSE, DREAM, GOALS, AMBITION, ASPIRATION, LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST. THIS LIFE IS JUST A PUFF OF BREATH...AND THEN ITS GONE...BE YOU..THERE IS ONLY ONE YOU...FIND YOURSELF...DONT LET MONEY DICTACT YOUR DREAMS...MANY GREAT MEN HAVE STARTED WITH VERY LITTLE AND BECAME MUCH. WHO SAYS YOU CANT? MONEY? PEOPLE? FRIENDS? I THINK NOT! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT...YOU CAN IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN.

LIVE LIFE. HAVE FUN. BE A CHILD AGAIN. AND SEE THE WONDER OF LIFE. MONEY IS ONLY ONE ASPECT OF IT.

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU LOOKED AT THE FULL MOON, THE STARS..AND SAT IN WONDER OF IT? DO NOT FEAR.

United States
                    Member #111442
                    May 25, 2011
                    6323 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2012, 7:30 am - IP Logged

10 reasons you dont win. 

1) You're not destined to win and you can cheat fate

2) You dont know what your doing

3) You're wanting to win to change your circumstances when you can change your circumstances without that kind of money

4) You've lost your positive edge

5) You're only wanting to win for you and not thinking of others

6) Someone in your life is a toxic negative nay sayer draining you of your winning spirit

7) It's RANDOM CHANCE

8) You're intellect, logic, reason, pride, ego is getting in the way...play to have fun & be silly, & listen to the instruction for that day.

9) You've lost sight of what life is really about

10) And the number 1 reason you dont win is

The lottery may very well be rigged, fixed, run by dishonest people and whoever has the gold makes the rules, they decide who will win and not you, us or anyone else.

My advice

DO NOT LET ANYONE DECIDE YOUR FATE BY THE LURE OF MONEY...YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE NOT THEM. DO YOUR THING...THE LOTTERY IS THEIR THING...FIND YOUR OWN PURPOSE, DREAM, GOALS, AMBITION, ASPIRATION, LIVE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST. THIS LIFE IS JUST A PUFF OF BREATH...AND THEN ITS GONE...BE YOU..THERE IS ONLY ONE YOU...FIND YOURSELF...DONT LET MONEY DICTACT YOUR DREAMS...MANY GREAT MEN HAVE STARTED WITH VERY LITTLE AND BECAME MUCH. WHO SAYS YOU CANT? MONEY? PEOPLE? FRIENDS? I THINK NOT! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT...YOU CAN IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN.

LIVE LIFE. HAVE FUN. BE A CHILD AGAIN. AND SEE THE WONDER OF LIFE. MONEY IS ONLY ONE ASPECT OF IT.

WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU LOOKED AT THE FULL MOON, THE STARS..AND SAT IN WONDER OF IT? DO NOT FEAR.

"My advice"

You forgot to mention the most important advice: Do not listen to others advice.  Wink

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11974 Posts
                      Posted: October 1, 2012, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I am so cheap that the lottery has decided to pick me as a lottery jackpot winner someday.lol, lol , lol

ALL YOU NEED IS A LOTTERY TICKET AND A DREAM.

US Flag

United States
                        Member #123632
                        February 25, 2012
                        156 Posts
                        Posted: October 2, 2012, 7:31 am - IP Logged

"My advice"

You forgot to mention the most important advice: Do not listen to others advice.  Wink

I agree. For instance lets say you are about to play the lotto and had a wild hunch that 4 consecutive numbers were going to show like 22 23 24 25 and you tell your advid lottery friend and they give you their advice that it is not wise to play 4 consecutive numbers in a row because that rarely occurs ever and they give you their advice that you should save your money. And so you listen to their advice and save your money.

Then that night in lotto the numbers are 1 5 22 23 24 25

So I agree DO NOT LISTEN TO OTHERS ADVICE.

How the hell do you think some jackpot winners won?

I'll tell you how...By playing crazy ridiculous numbers that all the lottery Einsteins who think they know everything would advice you not to play.

So do what you think life is telling you to do and forget everyone else. You dont need anything but your soul in touch with what life is instructing you to do day by day. Just do that. You might win one day.

And also dont look for signs everywhere in life that you should play the lottery, for instance if you're driving down the road and see a lotto sign in the window of a store and think "O my god o my god life is giving me a sign that I should play the lotto" 

More than likely...It's just a sign. A sign in a window.

Although not to contradict myself... If you had a thought earlier in the day and were already thinking about playing the lottery earlier yet forgot because you got busy and then saw a sign in the window and there was still time to play that night...then it might be a sign from life telling you to play. In otherwords every sign in a window of a store isnt a sign from life telling you to play the lottery...its just a sign in a window.

Its the same idea when you get a blue volkswagon and then suddenly start noticing all the other blue volkswagons on the road and think "wow I never saw so many blue volkswagons before"

The mind sees things it wants to see. If you start playing the lottery alot you'lle suddenly start noticing all the lotto signs in all the store windows but it dosnt mean each one is a sign from life telling you to play the lottery.

But it is a sign.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: October 2, 2012, 9:12 am - IP Logged

I agree. For instance lets say you are about to play the lotto and had a wild hunch that 4 consecutive numbers were going to show like 22 23 24 25 and you tell your advid lottery friend and they give you their advice that it is not wise to play 4 consecutive numbers in a row because that rarely occurs ever and they give you their advice that you should save your money. And so you listen to their advice and save your money.

Then that night in lotto the numbers are 1 5 22 23 24 25

So I agree DO NOT LISTEN TO OTHERS ADVICE.

How the hell do you think some jackpot winners won?

I'll tell you how...By playing crazy ridiculous numbers that all the lottery Einsteins who think they know everything would advice you not to play.

So do what you think life is telling you to do and forget everyone else. You dont need anything but your soul in touch with what life is instructing you to do day by day. Just do that. You might win one day.

And also dont look for signs everywhere in life that you should play the lottery, for instance if you're driving down the road and see a lotto sign in the window of a store and think "O my god o my god life is giving me a sign that I should play the lotto" 

More than likely...It's just a sign. A sign in a window.

Although not to contradict myself... If you had a thought earlier in the day and were already thinking about playing the lottery earlier yet forgot because you got busy and then saw a sign in the window and there was still time to play that night...then it might be a sign from life telling you to play. In otherwords every sign in a window of a store isnt a sign from life telling you to play the lottery...its just a sign in a window.

Its the same idea when you get a blue volkswagon and then suddenly start noticing all the other blue volkswagons on the road and think "wow I never saw so many blue volkswagons before"

The mind sees things it wants to see. If you start playing the lottery alot you'lle suddenly start noticing all the lotto signs in all the store windows but it dosnt mean each one is a sign from life telling you to play the lottery.

But it is a sign.

I'll listen to that advice!  Thumbs Up

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: October 2, 2012, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

You can take all the advice in the world and add $3 to it and it will get you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's.

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11974 Posts
                              Posted: October 2, 2012, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I've been starting to realize that maybe I've not been realistic with myself when it comes to the lottery. Even though I know the chances of winning a jackpot are astronomical I still have the hope that I will win enough money in the lottery to change my life. For years I only played the lottery when the drawing games were over 100 million but things started to change almost 3 years ago when I just started playing the lottery more consistently hoping for that big win.  Well like the majority of people who play the lottery regulary there is no big win on my end. I read stories about some people playing for 30 years before they win the jackpot and other's who rarely play and win a big jackpot.  I'm just started to have to accept that maybe I've been living in a dreamworld about all of this. Everytime I scratch a ticket and win nothing and each time I check my PB, MM, Mass Cash or Lucky for Life Ticket and get nothing I get extremely depressed. Why was I able to go for so many years feeling that playing the lottery was only a losing proposition and a voluntary tax so I rarelyplayed to being the way I am now with this desperate need to win. Sorry for my rambling I'm just feeling bummed out today. Have been playing less but can't seem to give up cold turkey on the lottery. Some people on this site seem like they are upbeat people and wish I could be that way.

How to win the lottery by not playing. Save your money.

Am I addicted to playing the lottery even though I lose 50% of every dollar spent on it?

Do not listen to me, I will win a lottery jackpot someday.

US Flag