Pool of McDonald's workers claims Mega Millions fraud

Sep 29, 2012, 11:06 pm (118 comments)

Mega Millions

14 fast-food employees say co-worker tricked state lotto to avoid sharing winnings

A group of 14 McDonald's employees from the Baltimore, Maryland, area are still convinced they were winners in the massive $656 million Mega Millions jackpot drawing earlier this year — despite being told otherwise by lottery officials — and are claiming that a co-worker defrauded the Maryland Lottery to avoid sharing a payout with them.

On Sept. 19, the group filed a civil lawsuit against their co-worker, Mirlande Wilson, a Westport woman who briefly gained celebrity status and international media attention in April after claiming to be the holder of a winning ticket purchased in Baltimore County. Two other winning tickets were purchased in Kansas and Illinois; each ticket was reportedly worth more than $100 million in cash after taxes.

As the hype grew and the news media began staking out Wilson's home, Wilson held a bizarre news conference and eventually said she lost her ticket. Days later, lottery officials announced that the real holders of the winning Baltimore County ticket were three public school educators they dubbed the "Three Amigos."

Wilson's co-workers at McDonald's weren't convinced.

The group's lawsuit says Wilson did buy a winning ticket as part of a lottery pool the co-workers were in and that she and her lawyer, Edward Smith Jr., orchestrated an elaborate ruse to recruit the educators and trick the Maryland Lottery into believing they had won rather than Wilson.

One of the McDonald's employees, Dominique Gourdet, claims in an affidavit filed in the case that when the lottery numbers were picked March 30, he was Wilson's live-in boyfriend. Gourdet says Wilson told him multiple times that a ticket she'd purchased for the McDonald's pool had won, and that she had shown him pictures of the winning ticket with the winning numbers on her phone.

Gourdet also says Wilson told him that each of the three educators claiming to be the winners would be given $1 million for "helping" in the scheme, while Smith would receive $2 million.

"She advised that an arrangement was made for others to claim the prize as their own, but that in fact she had provided the ticket and that she would ultimately receive the vast bulk of the prize," Gourdet claims in his affidavit.

Gourdet's affidavit claims Wilson told him "that she did not want to share the prize with others at work, particularly the Hispanic workers."

Reached on Friday, Wilson said she never had the ticket and the claims in the lawsuit are false.

"It's not true," she said. "This is a baseless story."

Wilson declined to comment further.

On Sept. 20, Baltimore Circuit Judge John Philip Miller denied a motion by the plaintiffs requesting a temporary restraining order against Wilson, enjoining her from using or transferring lottery assets, because neither she nor her attorney was given notice of the motion, according to court documents.

But the case remains active, and the attorney for the McDonald's workers, John Yannone of Price Benowitz in Washington, has asked the court to allow two New Jersey attorneys who have experience in such cases to join the plaintiffs' legal team.

Yannone did not return multiple requests for comment.

Smith, Wilson's attorney, said in an email that Wilson "denies any knowledge of this allegation," but could not be reached for further comment.

Carole Everett, a Maryland Lottery spokeswoman, laughed out loud after being told of the lawsuit, saying it sounded like wishful thinking from a group who had their hopes unfairly raised by Wilson in the first place. The "Three Amigos" are the true winners, Everett said.

"It was verified," she said.

Everett said surveillance video from the Milford Mill 7-Eleven store where the Baltimore County ticket was purchased was reviewed by lottery officials, but she declined to further explain the lottery's ticket verification and security measures.

Because of the amount of the winnings, the Mega Millions winners were "scrutinized even more" than average lottery winners, Everett said.

Baltimore Sun

Comments

Ronnie316

Mirlande, Mirlande, Mirlande, Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

bigboy90000

Sounds like the Mcdaonalds employees are reaching .Hell i would as well if I was serving bugers for min wages not that theres anything wrong with having a job of that nature its a grueling job.This is a open and shut case the Maryland Lottery will testify and theis will be over before it even starts.They should play the lottery its beeter than trying to vulture off someone elses joy.

TheGameGrl's avatarTheGameGrl

Frivalous lawsuit now enroute! More tax payer money and even the poor workers money going to a hopeless cause. A simple audit of the alledged Ladies accounts/financials will solve this. Hiding money offshore is no longer a simple task, and hiding it in and of itself is evasive...My advice is for the workers to buy a happy meal and get happy that they are alive, with loving families and life is way to short to cast stones into shallow water. The lawyers are the only ones that will come out with money in pocket.

rdgrnr's avatarrdgrnr

Mirlande likes to fatmouth and she was doing it just to piss off those Hispanic co-workers that she didn't like.

The story from her ex-boyfriend was just more fatmouthin' from her to sex up the story a little more.

The 3 Amigos were already vetted and checked out.

Scientistman

I always find it odd that educators for schools win alot. Or cooks who work at schools win, or people who work in the school system win alot.

Yet I also find it odd that Dominique Gourdet, the live in boyfriend claims in an affidavit filed in the case that when the lottery numbers were picked March 30, he being Wilson's live-in boyfriend would not have said anything at the time. Gourdet the live in boyfriend says Wilson told him multiple times that a ticket she'd purchased for the McDonald's pool had won, and that she had shown him pictures of the winning ticket with the winning numbers on her phone.

If this were true then why wouldn't he had come forward months ago. And I would have found it very difficult to not say anything to anyone even if I were asked not to say anything, its almost impossible to keep something like that under your hat without spilling the beans and telling a sacred secret friend? So where is the secret friend the boyfriend told that his gilfriend had won. Trust me you, I would have told somebody in secret I could trust. I have a few sacred friends and I would have at least told the closest of them. So did any of Goudets very very closest friends get a call from him hearing him say that Wilson had the winning ticket and she showed it to him on her cell phone?

Lets imagine that your girlfriend had the winning ticket, she shows you pictures of the ticket with the winning numbers on the ticket in the picture on her phone, what would your reaction be? What would anyones reaction be? You are the boyfriend, you are shown a picture of the winning ticket on your girlfriends phone, the biggest lottery in recent times and you dont say anything untill now? That seems sorta unlike what I would do or anyone I know would do. And then you let 3 others step forward called the "3 Amigo's" and win without saying a word at the time till now. He should have been on the front page, on the news, claiming they are liars. Thats what I would have done if I had truly and honestly been shown the winning ticket for the biggest lottery in the known world at the time. That alone seems unlike anything anyone I know would do, just stand by and let "3 Amigos" claim the money and not say a word. My question is why did he wait so long to finally speak up? March 30 is the beginning of the year.

My other question is how the hell did this year go by so fast???? That's really what I wanna know???

And another thought just occured to me, she hated hispanics so much but recruited 3 educators who claimed to be the 3 Amigos. But then again if she really did have the winning ticket and hated hispanics what better story to construct than one with 3 Amigos, knowing well in advance that her hispanic co-workers would one day try to expose her, what better aliby than to say "if I had the winning ticket do you think I would have constructed a story of the educators claiming to be the 3 Amigos when I hate hispanics so much!

In a way that would actually be the perfect story to get the public to believe you never had the winning ticket!

Maybe it is true and she did win and we all bought into her great scheme?!!! I think it deserves a bit more investagation!

I still dont like the fact tat people who work for the school system win so much, thats suspicious right there! Im just sayin!

And again HOW THE HELL DID THIS YEAR GO BY SO FAST ! Now Im going to TacoBell, Im suddenly hungry for a burrito see ya!

Piaceri

Quote: Originally posted by Scientistman on Sep 30, 2012

I always find it odd that educators for schools win alot. Or cooks who work at schools win, or people who work in the school system win alot.

Yet I also find it odd that Dominique Gourdet, the live in boyfriend claims in an affidavit filed in the case that when the lottery numbers were picked March 30, he being Wilson's live-in boyfriend would not have said anything at the time. Gourdet the live in boyfriend says Wilson told him multiple times that a ticket she'd purchased for the McDonald's pool had won, and that she had shown him pictures of the winning ticket with the winning numbers on her phone.

If this were true then why wouldn't he had come forward months ago. And I would have found it very difficult to not say anything to anyone even if I were asked not to say anything, its almost impossible to keep something like that under your hat without spilling the beans and telling a sacred secret friend? So where is the secret friend the boyfriend told that his gilfriend had won. Trust me you, I would have told somebody in secret I could trust. I have a few sacred friends and I would have at least told the closest of them. So did any of Goudets very very closest friends get a call from him hearing him say that Wilson had the winning ticket and she showed it to him on her cell phone?

Lets imagine that your girlfriend had the winning ticket, she shows you pictures of the ticket with the winning numbers on the ticket in the picture on her phone, what would your reaction be? What would anyones reaction be? You are the boyfriend, you are shown a picture of the winning ticket on your girlfriends phone, the biggest lottery in recent times and you dont say anything untill now? That seems sorta unlike what I would do or anyone I know would do. And then you let 3 others step forward called the "3 Amigo's" and win without saying a word at the time till now. He should have been on the front page, on the news, claiming they are liars. Thats what I would have done if I had truly and honestly been shown the winning ticket for the biggest lottery in the known world at the time. That alone seems unlike anything anyone I know would do, just stand by and let "3 Amigos" claim the money and not say a word. My question is why did he wait so long to finally speak up? March 30 is the beginning of the year.

My other question is how the hell did this year go by so fast???? That's really what I wanna know???

And another thought just occured to me, she hated hispanics so much but recruited 3 educators who claimed to be the 3 Amigos. But then again if she really did have the winning ticket and hated hispanics what better story to construct than one with 3 Amigos, knowing well in advance that her hispanic co-workers would one day try to expose her, what better aliby than to say "if I had the winning ticket do you think I would have constructed a story of the educators claiming to be the 3 Amigos when I hate hispanics so much!

In a way that would actually be the perfect story to get the public to believe you never had the winning ticket!

Maybe it is true and she did win and we all bought into her great scheme?!!! I think it deserves a bit more investagation!

I still dont like the fact tat people who work for the school system win so much, thats suspicious right there! Im just sayin!

And again HOW THE HELL DID THIS YEAR GO BY SO FAST ! Now Im going to TacoBell, Im suddenly hungry for a burrito see ya!

Dude. You got too much time on your hands. Hit With Stick

KY Floyd's avatarKY Floyd

I already knew that working with stupid people could sometimes be inconvenient or even dangerous, but I never could have seen this one coming.

weshar75's avatarweshar75

I hope these mcdonald workers get nothing because they deserve nothing.  Every body in their right mind knows that the school teachers won and this mcdonald's worker was just a plain liar about her winning the lottery.  Good day to you all.-weshar75

US Flag

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Sep 30, 2012

LOL   

mcginnin56

This end of story is over six months old. Eat your sour grapes, and go out and buy yourselves a ticket.       

MillionsWanted's avatarMillionsWanted

Her cravings for fame backfired to say the least.

Masone

I said at the time that she and the real winner were in cahoots somehow. I initially thought that she was running the "Kansas city shuffle" scheme, make everyone look one way while the real winners claim without all that attention. Basically a distraction.

Never did I imagine that she was actually the real winner and schemed with the fake winners to steal money from her pool. Come to think about, if all of this is true, then she really did run the Kansas City Shuffle. While I was thinking she was running one con, she was running a completely different one.

If there is something there, they will find it. These people are not professionals, if they did it, they likely left some footprints. Don't be so quick to pick a side. There was always something fishy with how all that went down. Never seen anything like it. Her actions do kinda resemble that of a person who won the lotto but then quickly remembered that she had to share it with a lot of people.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Masone on Sep 30, 2012

I said at the time that she and the real winner were in cahoots somehow. I initially thought that she was running the "Kansas city shuffle" scheme, make everyone look one way while the real winners claim without all that attention. Basically a distraction.

Never did I imagine that she was actually the real winner and schemed with the fake winners to steal money from her pool. Come to think about, if all of this is true, then she really did run the Kansas City Shuffle. While I was thinking she was running one con, she was running a completely different one.

If there is something there, they will find it. These people are not professionals, if they did it, they likely left some footprints. Don't be so quick to pick a side. There was always something fishy with how all that went down. Never seen anything like it. Her actions do kinda resemble that of a person who won the lotto but then quickly remembered that she had to share it with a lot of people.

Are you serious. What?

Maybe in another 20 more years, you'll believe these teachers were the actual winners......but probably not.   No Nod

Masone

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Sep 30, 2012

Are you serious. What?

Maybe in another 20 more years, you'll believe these teachers were the actual winners......but probably not.   No Nod

What does 20 years have to do with anything?

mcginnin56

What does 20 years have to do with anything?

When you see that Ms. Wilson is still living her poverty stricken lifestyle, and doesn't have those hundreds of millions after all.

Masone

When you see that Ms. Wilson is still living her poverty stricken lifestyle, and doesn't have those hundreds of millions after all.

I guess you've never seen an episode of How the Lottery Ruined My Life. Wink

mcginnin56

I guess you've never seen an episode of How the Lottery Ruined My Life. Wink

I guess you've had one too many Happy Meals.   

It's OK though, some kids can't get enough of those free toys.    Wink

Masone

Oh, cool. Cool

Wooddrive's avatarWooddrive

lol,     too funny

hearsetrax's avatarhearsetrax

I guess you've had one too many Happy Meals.   

It's OK though, some kids can't get enough of those free toys.    Wink

and why do I have that odd feeling you have an entire closet full of McDonald's free toys

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Sep 30, 2012

and why do I have that odd feeling you have an entire closet full of McDonald's free toys

Shhhh.......that's just between you and me Hearse!   

Artist77's avatarArtist77

I think Mirlande's former coworkers are as crazy as she is. Maybe if the lottery officials give them all pink swine caps, they will go away.

Ronnie316

Shhhh.......that's just between you and me Hearse!   

Those toys are gonna be collectible some day.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Sep 30, 2012

Those toys are gonna be collectible some day.

They are going to be worth a fortune Ronnie316!

I've been collecting these since since I was a young lad. (although I'm still quite young).

jamella724

How could this thing happen.  How could people do this? I feel so sad to read this news about lottery winnings, lottery sharings and illegal acts of people.

Ronnie316

They are going to be worth a fortune Ronnie316!

I've been collecting these since since I was a young lad. (although I'm still quite young).

I Agree! Just about a 100 years after they were new......... THEN they will be worth a fortune........

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Sep 30, 2012

I think Mirlande's former coworkers are as crazy as she is. Maybe if the lottery officials give them all pink swine caps, they will go away.

Green laughPerfect idea Artist! They wouldn't go for the free Happy Meals, cause they probably already get those as a job perk. 

Ronnie316

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was waiting for that SWEET photo to pop up...............

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by jamella724 on Sep 30, 2012

How could this thing happen.  How could people do this? I feel so sad to read this news about lottery winnings, lottery sharings and illegal acts of people.

My guess is that Mirlande started all this as a prank, not realizing the attention she would get.

mcginnin56

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was waiting for that SWEET photo to pop up...............

Always have it armed and ready to spring forth, just for these special occasions!  Wink

Ronnie316

Always have it armed and ready to spring forth, just for these special occasions!  Wink

Thanks  mcginnin56, you know the old saying....... "The sweeter the swine, the finer the wine"

mcginnin56

Thanks  mcginnin56, you know the old saying....... "The sweeter the swine, the finer the wine"

My Grand Pappy brought me up with those words of wisdom, from the time I was able to sit on his lap.

How could I ever forget.  What?

savagegoose's avatarsavagegoose

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Sep 29, 2012

Mirlande, Mirlande, Mirlande, Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

about sums this story up. but i have to thank the shift crew at macdonalds, for providing us all here some much needed entertainment.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Sep 30, 2012

about sums this story up. but i have to thank the shift crew at macdonalds, for providing us all here some much needed entertainment.

Im glad Mirlande is "ok" with not winning.... Clearly her co-workers are NOT ok with it....

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Sep 30, 2012

Very good point savage!

Perhaps we should consider taking up a collection here at LP, to help out this down and out McDonald's pool crew?   Group Hug

The entertainment they gave us, was certainly worth doing that much for them......no??

Ronnie316

My Grand Pappy brought me up with those words of wisdom, from the time I was able to sit on his lap.

How could I ever forget.  What?

Yes, memories. Mine used to say "A fine swine is like a fine wine, they both get better and better"

Ronnie316

Very good point savage!

Perhaps we should consider taking up a collection here at LP, to help out this down and out McDonald's pool crew?   Group Hug

The entertainment they gave us, was certainly worth doing that much for them......no??

Agree with stupid

mcginnin56

Yes, memories. Mine used to say "A fine swine is like a fine wine, they both get better and better"

The variations on that phrase, are as countless as the odds of getting a straight pick 4 of "2929", on February 29.  Type

mcginnin56

Agree with stupid

Does this mean no sympathy for the disgruntled McDonald's lottery pool crew.  What?

Ronnie316

Does this mean no sympathy for the disgruntled McDonald's lottery pool crew.  What?

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer-er and the McDonalds get McDonalder-er..... Disapprove

Ronnie316

The variations on that phrase, are as countless as the odds of getting a straight pick 4 of "2929", on February 29.  Type

Or getting the 11 bonus ball on Sept. 11...   What?

Green laughPerfect idea Artist! They wouldn't go for the free Happy Meals, cause they probably already get those as a job perk. 

lol  Right!

Very good point savage!

ill buy a ticket, and write "maccas crew" on the back,

they can  hire lawyers if it wins.

Sjack

People need to get a life. You have to work hard for your money. Throwing money away in the lottery is simply stupid when you really ain't gonna win nothing. What a lot of people don't know is that. The lottery is a tax on poor people and stupid people. Get this people. the lottery is a hoax. You don't really win big jackpots as they claim. They have the own actors to act winners.  Don't be a fool.

Quote: Originally posted by Sjack on Sep 30, 2012

People need to get a life. You have to work hard for your money. Throwing money away in the lottery is simply stupid when you really ain't gonna win nothing. What a lot of people don't know is that. The lottery is a tax on poor people and stupid people. Get this people. the lottery is a hoax. You don't really win big jackpots as they claim. They have the own actors to act winners.  Don't be a fool.

I am sure Mirlande did show some pics of a fake winning ticket she got off the internet, etc.  Sounds like she is still even more out of touch with reality than before.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Ding Cuckoo!

Ronnie316

The more we hear of her story the more we realize how far she had taken her little scheme of making her other workers think they had won before telling them, "Oh, I lost the ticket"

dognabit

I'm sure the three amigos are not laughing, this could end up being a small headache for them.

Quote: Originally posted by dognabit on Sep 30, 2012

I'm sure the three amigos are not laughing, this could end up being a small headache for them.

I doubt it.  The were verified and paid. This will never even get heard in court.  A simple motion to dismiss for failure to state a valid claim will end it (claims have to be colorable...even minimally. Saying Mirlande did this and that is not exactly reliable). Most or all of it will fall on the lottery officials to respond. The 3 amigos should not issue a peep.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Sjack on Sep 30, 2012

That's why no one here at this site plays the lottery. This website is just a smoke screen, and a hoax created by the lotteries to induce

people to waste their hard earned money.

Weren't you aware of this Sjack? The majority of us just play bingo, checkers or fish to entertain ourselves. Are you any good at checkers?  Roll Eyes

Original Bey's avatarOriginal Bey

All of you who thought Mirlande was after her 15 minutes were WRONG. She wanted 30. Lol!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Original Bey on Sep 30, 2012

All of you who thought Mirlande was after her 15 minutes were WRONG. She wanted 30. Lol!

I Agree!

Actually I bet the suit will be dismissed with prejudice so they can't refile.  Can you imagine Mirlande on the witness stand?

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Sep 30, 2012

Actually I bet the suit will be dismissed with prejudice so they can't refile.  Can you imagine Mirlande on the witness stand?

As long as she had her pink swine hat on, the force would be with her.

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

Now that I think about it,I don't remember seeing the "Three Amigos"educators at a state lottery news conference,holding that winning lottery ticket.If someone has a photo of them,please put it up on Lottery Post.Thanks.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by larry3100 on Sep 30, 2012

Now that I think about it,I don't remember seeing the "Three Amigos"educators at a state lottery news conference,holding that winning lottery ticket.If someone has a photo of them,please put it up on Lottery Post.Thanks.

larry3100's avatarlarry3100

Thank you !That was fast !

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by larry3100 on Sep 30, 2012

Thank you !That was fast !

Actually my computer is running slow today, normally can do that in about one minute or less.  Type

Your welcome. Does this make you feel better now?

Actually my computer is running slow today, normally can do that in about one minute or less.  Type

Your welcome. Does this make you feel better now?

Now pull up the winning numbers for Wednesday. I can wait the EXTRA minute.

mcginnin56

Now pull up the winning numbers for Wednesday. I can wait the EXTRA minute.

I've got em', but not sharing Original Bey.  No No

earthdragon72

See that's why I never do an office pool, never never, never!!!Big Grin

Lawyers must be HARD UP for work in Maryland.

One represented the Big Mac who couldn't produce a ticket

Now another is representing these Happy Meals that didn't see the winning ticket the first goon never produced.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

Now another is representing these Happy Meals that didn't see the winning ticket the first goon never produced.

I'm surprised those folks are still working for McDonald, I thought they had a high turn over rate.

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I've got em', but not sharing Original Bey.  No No

You're not the first to say that and you won't be the last.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 30, 2012

You're not the first to say that and you won't be the last.

Razz

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Sep 30, 2012

I'm surprised those folks are still working for McDonald, I thought they had a high turn over rate.

I'm sure they have stayed on for all these years, because of the free Happy Meals.

In the end that's how McDonald's retains their cheap slave labor.

Who else would stick around for minimum wage (what is it now $2/hour?).  Jester Laugh

Scientistman

Quote: Originally posted by Piaceri on Sep 30, 2012

O I agree Piaceri! TOO MUCH! WAAAAYYY TO MUCH! In fact I dont even know what time it is right now? All I know is I have a hell of a lot of time behind me, a hell of a lot of time right now and a hell of a lot of time in front of me....all I have is time.

In Fact a song is starting to play in my head right now...

Yeah, I'm sittin' on this bar stool talking like a d amnn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy?
Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?

I'm so tired of losin', I've got nothing to do
And all day to do it
So, I go out cruisin', but I've no place to go
And all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands?
Ticking away with my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands
It's hard to believe such a calamity
And it's ticking away - ticking away from me

Too much time on my hands
(T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)
(And I don't know what to do with myself)

Now, I'm a jet-fuel genius
I can solve the world's problems without even trying
I got dozens of friends, and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the President?
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?

(T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)
(T-T-T-Ticking away)
(Too much time on my hands)
(Too much time on my...)

Too much time on my hands is a STYX song and I make no claim to the lyrics only that I have too much time on my hands.

NightStalker's avatarNightStalker

This just goes to show that people will sue for any reason.  Even after being told by the lottery commission that she didn't have a winning ticket they are still suing.  Ridiculous.

Dupe Alert

Pick'em's avatarPick'em

These IDIOTS DESERVE WHAT THAT GOT ----- NOTHING.

How many times have you heard the same ole story about some group pooling their money without a Lottery Pool Contract. I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER, enter a Lottery Pool without a signed Contract. If you think for a second, that people are trust worthy with 656 million Dollars at stake, you're an IDIOT or you are REALLY REALLY STUPID. Personally I don't feel sorry for none of these IDIOTS. YOU DESERVE TO KEEP WORKING AT McDonalds. Oh yeah, I'm sorry, Look at where you work, Mcdonalds, that right there says you desreve what you got. No Pity party here. You better not quit your Mcdonalds job, cause you're gonna need it. (ROFLMAO)

1977's avatar1977

What kinda  lawyer would take the case?????

i only have one thing to say to these people

" Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions - all on a sesame seed bun "

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Oct 1, 2012

" Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions - all on a sesame seed bun "

Yum! Yum!  LOL   

Quote: Originally posted by savagegoose on Oct 1, 2012

LOL

RJOh's avatarRJOh

I'm sure they have stayed on for all these years, because of the free Happy Meals.

In the end that's how McDonald's retains their cheap slave labor.

Who else would stick around for minimum wage (what is it now $2/hour?).  Jester Laugh

Last I heard, minimum wage was about $8/hour if you don't get tips and about $4/hour if you do.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on Oct 1, 2012

Last I heard, minimum wage was about $8/hour if you don't get tips and about $4/hour if you do.

Close enough, I wasn't that far off.

Still a great deal for Mac's!  Jester Laugh

ecnirP's avatarecnirP

Quote: Originally posted by 1977 on Oct 1, 2012

What kinda  lawyer would take the case?????

1) There are different kinds?  Wink

2) The same type of person the lawyer is representing in this case, someone who sees big dollar signs and wants an illegitimate piece of it.

Seattlejohn

Dear lottery lawsuit morons:

1)  The lottery has determined that the "three amigos" purchased the ticket, not Ms. Wilson.  They reviewed in-store videotape of the store they bought it from, and determined they purchased it, not her.  Lottery ticket purchases are date & time-coded, and they matched up the video tape to the ticket; it's verified.  You lose.

And...

2)  Ms. Wilson is an attention seeking pathological liar.  Your complaint is based on her original lie, which she said to get attention; it was a LIE.  Your attornies are idiots for beating a dead horse.  You lose.

tlady4's avatartlady4

I agree with you Masone more has to come from this and the lottery representative was unprofessional for LOL and why did she not offer help to resolve the matter if there is or was no basis..

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Scientistman on Oct 1, 2012

O I agree Piaceri! TOO MUCH! WAAAAYYY TO MUCH! In fact I dont even know what time it is right now? All I know is I have a hell of a lot of time behind me, a hell of a lot of time right now and a hell of a lot of time in front of me....all I have is time.

In Fact a song is starting to play in my head right now...

Yeah, I'm sittin' on this bar stool talking like a d amnn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy?
Is it any wonder I'm sane at all?

I'm so tired of losin', I've got nothing to do
And all day to do it
So, I go out cruisin', but I've no place to go
And all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?

(T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)

Now, I'm a jet-fuel genius
I can solve the world's problems without even trying
I got dozens of friends, and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the President?
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?

(T-T-T-T-T-Ticking away)
(T-T-T-Ticking away)
(Too much time on my hands)
(Too much time on my...)

Too much time on my hands is a STYX song and I make no claim to the lyrics only that I have too much time on my hands.

Since you have so much time on your hands, would you mind turning out the lights here at LP, when everyone else has gone to  Bed?

I usually do, but I've been trying to catch up on my Z's lately. Thanks Scientistman!

Quote: Originally posted by tlady4 on Oct 1, 2012

I agree with you Masone more has to come from this and the lottery representative was unprofessional for LOL and why did she not offer help to resolve the matter if there is or was no basis..

I think the lottery official acted professionally. There is still a LAWSUIT.  She gave a sound bite for a press quote. There is no matter to resolve informally at this stage. You don't negotiate,  even informally,  over nonsense.  The counsel for the lottery will provide an answer to the complaint and a motion to dismiss (stating the other winner/s were verified cite Mirlande's past crazy claims, etc.).  I would love to see a copy of the response.

omg omg omg. After a whole FIVE SECONDS of wrecking my pea brain I finally figured out the premise of their case.

Mirlande originally claimed she hid the ticket "somewhere" in McD's.

The teachers stopped by for lunch, found the ticket by accident and made the claim.

The Happy Meals finally got around to watching the surveillance video and thought it was a conspiracy.

Mirlande is INNOCENT. I hope the tapes prove it and they all get their equal share of the jackpot. Split in 15 shares and not three.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Seattlejohn on Oct 1, 2012

Dear lottery lawsuit morons:

1)  The lottery has determined that the "three amigos" purchased the ticket, not Ms. Wilson.  They reviewed in-store videotape of the store they bought it from, and determined they purchased it, not her.  Lottery ticket purchases are date & time-coded, and they matched up the video tape to the ticket; it's verified.  You lose.

And...

2)  Ms. Wilson is an attention seeking pathological liar.  Your complaint is based on her original lie, which she said to get attention; it was a LIE.  Your attornies are idiots for beating a dead horse.  You lose.

But the attorney still gets his fees...

joshuacloak's avatarjoshuacloak

privacy is number #1 goal of  smart winners

no one needs to know u won a penny form the lottery

sense people have 1 hell of a entitlment issue with your money,and think they can sue for it. 

these clowns are a sick joke.  a rather funny one thro.

really these clowns need to go worry about missing up on orders  and not a lottery ticket they never had as a group. 

my group won. however person with ticket given it to someone else. or lost it, or left in in mc'd and it was found by 3 teachers!, rofl

or

my friend promised me x money, my friend won! and am getting a share!

what my friend didn't have a ticket and am not getting anything?> wtf?       

months later.............. lawsuit made

u claimed for my friend so i never a get a penny, its a  trick!

, so i know you  are in on it, i want my money it!, etc

i glady use a trust to hide my self, sense anyone can claim to know me,and said i cut them in/promised them money/ or i was 3rd party to a evil plot to steal their winnings.

o how these clowns can make up such fairytales of evil.

have fun proving it when u don't even know who i am, or what time i got ticket, etc

a quote form a  real lawyer who served lottery winners:

"i utilize a blind trust to claim the winning monies in order to protect the winner's identity and privacy. I have used this method and it has been very successful for the lottery winners. In one such circumstance, my client claimed their winning lottery prize and his neighbors and many of his family neighbors to this day, do not know that he is a successful and wealthy lottery winner"

how can they sue if they don't have a clue . or bug u for money

its funny, i don't have anyone on my door. or my facebook etc asking for help/money form me atm

however if won the lottery, their be no end to " give me your money requests" form everyone around me

i rather the demanding public go to hell , sense they never fail to invent new metholds of demanding money form lottery winners

this is Pool of McDonald's people are just lastest 

tod should do a hall of fame  of stories on best epic losers.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by joshuacloak on Oct 1, 2012

privacy is number #1 goal of  smart winners

no one needs to know u won a penny form the lottery

sense people have 1 hell of a entitlment issue with your money,and think they can sue for it. 

these clowns are a sick joke.  a rather funny one thro.

really these clowns need to go worry about missing up on orders  and not a lottery ticket they never had as a group. 

my group won. however person with ticket given it to someone else. or lost it, or left in in mc'd and it was found by 3 teachers!, rofl

or

my friend promised me x money, my friend won! and am getting a share!

what my friend didn't have a ticket and am not getting anything?> wtf?       

months later.............. lawsuit made

u claimed for my friend so i never a get a penny, its a  trick!

, so i know you  are in on it, i want my money it!, etc

i glady use a trust to hide my self, sense anyone can claim to know me,and said i cut them in/promised them money/ or i was 3rd party to a evil plot to steal their winnings.

o how these clowns can make up such fairytales of evil.

have fun proving it when u don't even know who i am, or what time i got ticket, etc

a quote form a  real lawyer who served lottery winners:

"i utilize a blind trust to claim the winning monies in order to protect the winner's identity and privacy. I have used this method and it has been very successful for the lottery winners. In one such circumstance, my client claimed their winning lottery prize and his neighbors and many of his family neighbors to this day, do not know that he is a successful and wealthy lottery winner"

how can they sue if they don't have a clue . or bug u for money

its funny, i don't have anyone on my door. or my facebook etc asking for help/money form me atm

however if won the lottery, their be no end to " give me your money requests" form everyone around me

i rather the demanding public go to hell , sense they never fail to invent new metholds of demanding money form lottery winners

this is Pool of McDonald's people are just lastest 

tod should do a hall of fame  of stories on best epic losers.

I know you....... and I want me share.........

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Oct 1, 2012

Sure...if you do work , don't you expect to get paid?

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Oct 1, 2012

Sure...if you do work , don't you expect to get paid?

Of course, Im happy that someone made some money out of the whole situation.

Of course, Im happy that someone made some money out of the whole situation.

It won't be a lot of $ since the suit should be over soon after it starts.

I want a TLC reality series on Mirlande. I can't understand a word they say on "Here comes honey boo boo" and the hit Amish show is apparantly fake (most left the Amish long time ago and have been married and divorced).

At least we know Mirlande is a certified nut and not to believe a thing she says.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Artist77 on Oct 1, 2012

It won't be a lot of $ since the suit should be over soon after it starts.

I want a TLC reality series on Mirlande. I can't understand a word they say on "Here comes honey boo boo" and the hit Amish show is apparantly fake (most left the Amish long time ago and have been married and divorced).

At least we know Mirlande is a certified nut and not to believe a thing she says.

Which is worse, all the crazy things she said or the people who trusted her and gave her money 

for tickets and then believed her story enough to spend money trying to sue her?

tnlottodreamer's avatartnlottodreamer

Was this the same lady that said she hide the ticket at McDonalds????????

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by tnlottodreamer on Oct 1, 2012

Was this the same lady that said she hide the ticket at McDonalds????????

If you can call her a lady. What?  Hippy

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Oct 2, 2012

If you can call her a lady. What?  Hippy

I call her a "fellow pool brother" lol. And a member in good standing of the "Sweet Swine Crew" lol. lol.

Ronnie316

I think I just figured out what happened....... Mirlande SPENT the pool money and got mixed up thinking the pool had a winning ticket (what are the odds??) So her plan was to say "I lost the ticket"

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Oct 2, 2012

I call her a "fellow pool brother" lol. And a member in good standing of the "Sweet Swine Crew" lol. lol.

Good thing your married, otherwise she'd be all over you with those sweet compliments.   Hippy  Lover

Ronnie316

Good thing your married, otherwise she'd be all over you with those sweet compliments.   Hippy  Lover

Detective Ronnie has solved the case.....

You know how people can get all paranoid when they steal.......

I sure of it, she stole the pool money, and in her paranoia she thought they had won......

She got a lawyer and start proclaiming  "I lost the ticket"....

Only to find out they didn't win anything, at which time her statement became.....

"Im ok with not winning the lottery"

That Doll is one Sweet Swine!!

Ronnie316

Let that be a lesson for those that steal.

mcginnin56

Let that be a lesson for those that steal.

That lesson would be not to work at a McDonald's with a crazy Swine, and a bunch of Swine wannabees. Smash

Ronnie316

That lesson would be not to work at a McDonald's with a crazy Swine, and a bunch of Swine wannabees. Smash

They should start a rock band called Swine and the Gang or The Swine-sations

mcginnin56

They should start a rock band called Swine and the Gang or The Swine-sations

Perfect idea. Pictured here is that Swine band, next to the McDonald's oven where the mystery ticket is hidden!

Seattlejohn

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.  This is a group of McDonalds workers, after all; they ain't exactly well heeled.  And, I'll bet the attorney drew up a contract for a percentage of whatever money he "recovers" because he probably was thinking this case would be worth millions to him.  Unfortunately, he's not going to recover squat because everything's based on a woman lying to everyone; unless he got an upfront retainer from this group (I have serious doubts about that, given their lack 'o money), then he gets bupkis.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Seattlejohn on Oct 2, 2012

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.  This is a group of McDonalds workers, after all; they ain't exactly well heeled.  And, I'll bet the attorney drew up a contract for a percentage of whatever money he "recovers" because he probably was thinking this case would be worth millions to him.  Unfortunately, he's not going to recover squat because everything's based on a woman lying to everyone; unless he got an upfront retainer from this group (I have serious doubts about that, given their lack 'o money), then he gets bupkis.

The lawyers retainer was a Happy Meal.

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by Seattlejohn on Oct 2, 2012

Oh well, chalk one up for the Porksters.

dpoly1's avatardpoly1

Stooges

sully16's avatarsully16

How dumb can they be, continuing a law suit at this point is like beating a dead horse.

mcginnin56

Oh well, chalk one up for the Porksters.

Gotta throw the Porkster's a bone once in a while. Wouldn't be fair to keep them down all the time.  No Nod

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by sully16 on Oct 3, 2012

How dumb can they be, continuing a law suit at this point is like beating a dead horse.

If they can prove she had the numbers and didnt play them, they might be onto something. 

I think she stole the pool money, but they wont get anything even if they win a lawsuit.

luckyshoes's avatarluckyshoes

I  wonder how the Mcdonalds team justifies that she won and stole the money. By now, Id be living life to the hilt with a new car, house, vacation,  shoes (lol) etc. It would be hard to have that kind of money and not show it someway.Even harder to keep it on the QT. Maybe if they saw her financials they d  be satisfied. lol-watch her get her own tv show or be  invited to the mansion.  LOL

Ronnie316

Quote: Originally posted by luckyshoes on Oct 3, 2012

I  wonder how the Mcdonalds team justifies that she won and stole the money. By now, Id be living life to the hilt with a new car, house, vacation,  shoes (lol) etc. It would be hard to have that kind of money and not show it someway.Even harder to keep it on the QT. Maybe if they saw her financials they d  be satisfied. lol-watch her get her own tv show or be  invited to the mansion.  LOL

Im saying they trusted her with the pool money and she spent it, WITHOUT buying ANY lottery tickets.

LOL. Her only recourse was to say....... "I lost the tickets"............  It makes perfect sense.

Ronnie316

It also explains why the lottery official laughed about the whole thing.

They know she never even bought any tickets, but are not going to say anything publicly.

If they keep this up, they will be suing McDonald's for WRONGFUL TERMINATION.

Seattlejohn

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Oct 3, 2012

If they can prove she had the numbers and didnt play them, they might be onto something. 

I think she stole the pool money, but they wont get anything even if they win a lawsuit.

I'm of the belief that there's no case here.  Lottery tickets are date & time coded.  When lottery officials say "it's verified", what they typically mean is they've viewed the in-store video of the lottery machine in the store where the winning ticket was bought, and have matched the date/time on the ticket to the date/time on the video.  In other words, they have video evidence of one of the "three amigos" actually buying the ticket.  Which means everything the woman said is a lie; she didn't have the winning numbers, she's a bonehead & just wanted attention.  If their attorney had any smarts (trust me, there's lots of attornies out there that are not smart & will push a bad or losing position), he/she would have done some fact checking, and then would have dumped these losers immediately.

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

Quote: Originally posted by MillionsWanted on Sep 30, 2012

Her cravings for fame backfired to say the least.

Party     Chick Fil UR Lay !!??       Party

Vote 4/UR Lottery "VALUES" !!!

DrumJack-in-the-BoxDrum

Ronnie316

Give me the value menu please.

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Oct 4, 2012

Give me the value menu please.

Give me the value calorie menu please.

Quote: Originally posted by mcginnin56 on Oct 5, 2012

Give me the value calorie menu please.

self portrait, Mcginnin ?? Green laugh

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by hearsetrax on Oct 5, 2012

self portrait, Mcginnin ?? Green laugh

How very astute of you to notice hearse!

That is actually my "before" picture. After trading in Mac's junk food menu, for a much healthier organic diet, here is my current pic.

I really miss those super sized value meals though!  Crying

Ronnie316

Excellent work   mcginnin56,

From the looks of things, I would say stardom is only a smile away!!! Keep up the excellent work!!!

mcginnin56

Quote: Originally posted by Ronnie316 on Oct 5, 2012

Excellent work   mcginnin56,

From the looks of things, I would say stardom is only a smile away!!! Keep up the excellent work!!!

Why thank you sir. Mighty nice of you to say so.  Cheers

psykomo's avatarpsykomo

MG^^RN:

Excellent leaks bout UR smiles & mighty ^^^^^^

"personalities">>>>>>'sssssssssssssss ^^^^^^

CoolCheersCool 

Drum>>>>>>>PLAY 4 UR "MONEY">>>>>>>>invest UR "MONEY' IN >FAT BOY'$ BAR BQ>usa!Drum 

Jack-in-the-Box

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story