Welcome Guest
You last visited October 23, 2017, 3:49 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mystic Treasures

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 5 years ago by sully16.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sully16's avatar - sharan
Ringleader
Michigan
United States
Member #81740
October 28, 2009
51546 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2013, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

good job sully i like ur thread

Thank you Rhonda, Blue Angel

Stand for the Flag,  Kneel for the Cross.

Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    51546 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

One of the Moons oldest Calendars is the Celtic tree Calendar.

The Celts believed trees were inhabited by Spirits, Many Scholars believe, this is an ancient Druid system, they thought different trees had magical properties.

The Celtic Calendar is based on the moon phase, a lunar calendar of 13 moons, each was sacred to either the feminine Goddess, or the Masculine God.

The term ( knock on wood) came out of the repect for the power of trees.

The Celtic Calendar starts with the full moon closest to the Yule, around December 21, the winter soltice.

Birch or november, a feminine energy, was the inception moon, for protection of children, purifaction and creativity, the Celtic word is Beth.

Rowan or December , a masculine energy, a time for vision, healing and divination, the Celtic word is Luis

Alder-January , a masculine energy, self guidance, spirituality, teaching, wealth, mental powers, the Celtic word is Fearn

Willow-Feburary a feminine energy, a Witches moon, love, healing, fertility and protection

the Celtic word is Saille

Ash or March, a feminine energy, flowing waters, prosperity, the Celtic word is Nuin

Hawthorn or April, is a masculine energy, the coming of summer, fertility, peace, binding and prosperity, the Celtic word is Huatne

Oak or May, a  masculine energy, strenght , security, all positive magic, the Celtic word is Duiir

Holly or June, a feminine energy, encirclement, polarity, prophecy, animal protection, the Celtic word is Timne

Hazel or July, a feminine energy, a time for the wise, spirit contact, learning, the Celtic word is Coll

Vine or August, Androgynous, moon of celebration, Blackberries, Blueberries, grapes ,and thistle, they offer, prosperity, protection, spiritual guidance, dream magic, courage and strenght, the Celtic word is Muin

Ivy or September, A masculine energy, the Harvest moon, resilience, healing, exorcism, cooperation, the Celtic word is, Gort

Reed or October, the blood moon, also the harvest moon, hearth and home, truth, love, fertility, and all family matters, the Celtic word is Ngetal

Elder moon, this has no month, as the Celtic Calendar is based on the 13 full moons as a year. a masculine energy, a moon of completeness, exorcism, banishing, healing. The Celtic word is Ruis

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Cool thread, sully! Thumbs Up

Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        51546 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2013, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

Cool thread, sully! Thumbs Up

Thanks Ridge, I have a couple pine trees on my property and am looking for , information on them, I got a Jack pine, that towers over all of the trees, and a white pine and blue spruce, I think I'll do some research on trees indiginous to America.

Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          51546 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2013, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I have a couple more herbs to add to your collection, the are of course moon herbs,

Chamomile, soothing, calming, also can be an anti-depressant, an analgesic, hair rinse, quite typically for all you blondies, Henna for us brunettes, Almost everyone love a hot cup of Chamomile tea, it can relax and diffuse the stress of the day.

Used in Magik, it helps with dream magik, or to prevent nightmares, great for scrying and divination, Ah, but did you know? it's also considered a good luck charm, carry the flowers in your purse or wallet, wash your hands with it before gambling.

It is one of the 9 sacred Anglo-saxon herbs, and you can sprinkle some around your home to ward off negative magik

Star Anise, a nice licorice flavor and one of the ingredients to 5 spice, It is a moon herb and carry it whole for good luck, is also used in clairvoyance and to aid in increasing psychic awareness, Star Anise is also great for New moon or Dark moon magik.

It makes a wonderful incense and is great in meditation.

It's medicinal uses include, aiding in stomach pains, bronchitas, and Rheumatism

Your treasures for saturday, I am working a double, so enjoy your first full moon, in a new light so to speak.

439 617 120 538 915

Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            51546 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2013, 7:38 am - IP Logged

I hope everyone enjoyed the full Moon, we are now heading into the waning moon, a time to cleanse or get rid of, since January is the month of inner reflextion, I want you to make a list of all the negative feelings in you life right now, it could be hatred, jealousy, anger, sadness, what ever is holding you back.

Well, I just got called into work, seems the ice storm has left some of my co-workers stuck, so make that list and we will do some spellwork to help make you feel better, remember use your special paper and pen.

Treasures

426 268 436 417 916

Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              51546 Posts
              Posted: February 3, 2013, 8:44 am - IP Logged

We're back, let's start with a cleansing spell, we still have the waning moon to help, you will need your broom, consecrated of course, your special pen and paper, your white sage smudge.

Meditate, ground and center, you may wish to light a 3 inch white taper candle.

On your paper, write down whatever is nagging you, are you angry? Jealous? did you get into an argument that you regret, what ever negative emotion that seems to be holding you back, now is the time to make it go away.

Fan you smudge, your candle is fire, your smudge air!

Dip your finger in water, then salt and cover your paper, you got all the elements now!

Don't soak your paper, take it outside and burn it, use your broom to sweep all the negative energy out the door, repeat to yourself the things you wish to eliminate.

Let the candle burn itself out, bury it, even if it's in the snow

Treasures

508 319 239 237 256