Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Keep working vs. permenant vacation

Topic closed. 67 replies. Last post 4 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: February 19, 2013, 10:06 am - IP Logged

I would quit in a heartbeat if I won the lottery. First off I have a job as opposed to a career. I work on the phone 8 hours a day trying to get people to do surveys and it's the kind of place where rejection is part of my daily life.  Even if I had a career that I loved I would leave it if I won the lottery so someone else who needed a job could be in my place instead. Being financially secure is the reason I play the lottery since I will be working till I drop dead (if I'm fortunate to even be able to stay in a job) since I have no pension.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    Gurnee, Illinois
    United States
    Member #49731
    February 12, 2007
    917 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2013, 5:14 am - IP Logged

Roger that, I'm a spur of the moment guy my ownself.

The little woman never knows when I'll walk in the door and say "Commence to packin', Sugarbritches, we're headed fer parts unknown and we'll be leavin' in one hour."

My little woman who thinks playing the lottery is just as sinful as those who do not tithe would not know when I would come in and say, "I have to fly to D.C. tomorrow to obtain entry visas for counties I will be traveling to the next six months." I would have a large suitcase already packed with my snorkel gear and a few clothes and another for trips where I only look at the water but want to travel light. She does not like to travel so my brother would be my travel mate.

my main goal would be to learn to speak fluently in Swahili, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian and I would accomplish this by traveling to South America, Africa, and Europe and hire the finest female local speakers. I would also take vacations in India and various Far East Asian and Caribbean countries. I hear that women are better language teachers than men for any feminists that find my statement sexist.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2013, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

My little woman who thinks playing the lottery is just as sinful as those who do not tithe would not know when I would come in and say, "I have to fly to D.C. tomorrow to obtain entry visas for counties I will be traveling to the next six months." I would have a large suitcase already packed with my snorkel gear and a few clothes and another for trips where I only look at the water but want to travel light. She does not like to travel so my brother would be my travel mate.

my main goal would be to learn to speak fluently in Swahili, French, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian and I would accomplish this by traveling to South America, Africa, and Europe and hire the finest female local speakers. I would also take vacations in India and various Far East Asian and Caribbean countries. I hear that women are better language teachers than men for any feminists that find my statement sexist.

LOL.....I'll bet the little woman will have something to say about those "language teachers" you want.....hehehehehe she'll tell you they better look like grandma otherwise you'll be a no speka da espanol....etc.... LOL LOL

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2013, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

Try going to school, it's never to late.  Conehead

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19771 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2013, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Springer, Jerry Rice, Jerry Garcia, Jerry Sandusky, Jerry Lewis, Jerry Reed, Jerry Stiller..............What?   Lurking

u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19771 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2013, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Springer, Jerry Rice, Jerry Garcia, Jerry Sandusky, Jerry Lewis, Jerry Reed, Jerry Stiller..............What?   Lurking

Tom & Jerry~Ben & Jerry

Let it Snow Snowman

u$a
                United States
                Member #106665
                February 22, 2011
                19771 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Keep working vs. permenant vacation  Green laugh

Both