Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Scratch Offs - Post Pictures if posible

5307 replies. Last post 6 hours ago by speeddmon.

Page 167 of 354
PrintE-mailLink
FL
United States
Member #168858
September 20, 2015
131 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2016, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

I haven't been playing it recently because another top prize won't be due for a while.  Now that a top prize in Super Millions was won, I might have to play the $20 Gold Rush or Florida Cash.  If I can find the $200MS, I might go for those.  The $10 holiday ticket still has both $2M prizes remaining and they are becoming more scarce now.

Yeah I guess the 200k/lf doesn't sell much as it's been around so long..

Regarding the Holiday tickets, Publix has already pulled them, so looks like Fla Lottery is very happy that neither top prize has been claimed.  I guess they usually encourage the retailers to pull the Holiday stuff in Jan though, so not really a surprise (?).

United States
    Member #172390
    January 22, 2016
    15 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2016, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

I recently tried the $20 Gold Rush game, and it seems to be one of the better tickets. I bought 1 at a random gas station, won $50. Bought 5, won back $60 ($40 loss, but to be expected roughly). I also tried playing around with the Florida cash game after payday. I lost $250 overall with that $25 game, playing with the ticket numbers 000- 013. After losing, I decided to throw down another $100. I found a $100 Florida cash winner at a gas station near where I live, and got back my $100 after buying more of those garbage Flamingo multiplier games. 

My main advice is to avoid the Flamingo multiplier game. Florida Cash, and Gold Rush seem to be decent games at $20-$25. My experience with the $5-10 tickets is that they tend to be losers. I think I'm putting this money in the bank, and done gambling for a while. I can definitely see how people end up losing money over time playing with scratchoffs. The whole "what if..." is what keeps people scratchin, I suppose. 

Anyone here profit overall after playing the Florida Lotto scratchoffs over the years?

FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #127998
      May 14, 2012
      404 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2016, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I too am from Jax, I live and play in the mandarin area, i would recommended not playing in this area at all.  Ive played consistently since 2012, cutting way back recently, the last $500 ticket i won was in june 2015, when in the old days sometimes i would win 3 or 4 a weekend, those days are long gone.

biggest hit 10k, Jubilee, 5K Miami Heat, 2K Emerald 8s, 1k jubilee, 1k GRT, 1k heat wave, multiple 500's

good luck in the chase 2013 wins, maybe 4 500's

United States
        Member #172390
        January 22, 2016
        15 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2016, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I keep hearing about how the odds are worse and the prizes are worse. I can believe it. 

From what I'm noticing, it seems like it is better to just buy a scratch off randomly every now and then as opposed to chasing winners. After spending several hundred dollars on scratch offs, I see that getting lucky = getting 75% of your money back. You can even get ahead temporarily, but ultimately the lotto gets their money back most of the time.

I spent $100 on $20 gold rushes (numbers 000-004) from a random convenience store, thinking they were the lucky remaining tickets. Got 1 $25 winner, $75 down the drain. I also spent $60 on 2 Fl cash, and 1 $10 gold rush only to get $25 back again. 

I'm done playing (for real this time, I hid my debit card in my room). I might buy a $3, or $5 ticket every few weeks but I'm done playing $10-$20 tickets. Although they give free tickets more often, they can also contain alot of duds. What's the point in buying 4 FL cash tickets when in most likelihood your winner is going to be a $25-$40 "winner"? Still, $60 down the drain unless you get lucky enough to get a big win. 

I entered a bunch of Flamingo tickets in the second chance drawing. Anyone enter those before? It would be cool to win something back from my recent gambling spree.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
          Jacksonville, Florida
          United States
          Member #140364
          March 17, 2013
          195 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2016, 12:43 am - IP Logged

I too am from Jax, I live and play in the mandarin area, i would recommended not playing in this area at all.  Ive played consistently since 2012, cutting way back recently, the last $500 ticket i won was in june 2015, when in the old days sometimes i would win 3 or 4 a weekend, those days are long gone.

After checking out the remaining prizes on the Flamingo games, and to stay in my budget, I went to the Welcome store on Loretto and  bought 10 $1 tickets, and 3 $2 tickets. My total win was $3, bought 3 more of the $1 tickets thinking a winner should be coming up, and nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
            Jacksonville, Florida
            United States
            Member #140364
            March 17, 2013
            195 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2016, 1:09 am - IP Logged

First of all, to those of you who responded on the 4th of Jan...I appreciate each one of you so much.  RCbuckeye, I havent smoked since that one...still sitting at ONE since Nov. 25th.  BuyLow, thanks to you also.  There seems to be no end in sight, doesn't there.  alan rickman, David bowie, now my great-niece in Minn.  Ralphie and Yellowpig...big thanks to each of you also.  I appreciate you guys.  Gilly...are you in Ministry?  You ought to be.  I have visited the secret place many times. 

So now, I have started radiation last week (w-f) Stress free there.  The hair loss continues...Golem has more hair than I do, altho I have a nicer looking head than he does.  The radiation lasts 5 days a week for six more weeks, 2 weeks of chemo, then we'll see if there is any shrinkage.  Wow...never thought I would be looking forward to shrinkage!!!.

I have not scratched every day.  I lack the motivation to go even to my go=to store.  Tomorrow I will get a few.  I am holding a 10.00 multiplier worth 40.00.  Hopefully I can make a wise choice with that guy.  I wish all of you well, as always, and looking forward to seeing exciting stories and nice photos.  Goodnight, all...

chdicki,

I don't know your full story, but base on your recent post I see where it's going. My father-n-law has practically beat back pancreatic cancer and we will find out more in a few weeks if its 100% gone. What started out a rough road due to lack of insurance and red tape, we found there was a mass inside the pancreas.  Due to the growth they were unable to take out the pancreas and later found what possibly was another mass growing.  This was in June when we found this out and things quickly deteriorated and we weren't sure if he would be around for Thanksgiving. He had a scan this past Wednesday and the results were great! the first one they saw has shrunk sooo much that they might be able to proceed with the surgery, and the other that they thought might be a growth is no longer there. 

Hang in there and wish you the best of luck.

United States
              Member #172390
              January 22, 2016
              15 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2016, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Those Flamingo games are such trash. I agree with someone mentioning that they are mainly paying for the second chance drawing at the moment. After the drawings are over, they might start paying out again. There are alot of those top prizes on them still remaining. 

Make sure you enter those tickets in the second chance drawings. There's 4 going on.

Saint Petersburg
                United States
                Member #151352
                January 15, 2014
                141 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2016, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

I bought (3) $20 Gold Rush's this past Friday and won back $30 on #16 and a bank roll on #18.

FL
                  United States
                  Member #168858
                  September 20, 2015
                  131 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2016, 12:28 am - IP Logged

I bought (3) $20 Gold Rush's this past Friday and won back $30 on #16 and a bank roll on #18.

Nice one.  I'd be interested to find out what the instant liability report for this ticket would show regarding how many $100k prizes are remaining.  I'd also be interested in the liability report for the Lucky 200k for Life.  I may shoot an email asking for both...

FL
                    United States
                    Member #168858
                    September 20, 2015
                    131 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2016, 1:03 am - IP Logged

Instant Liability report for 100X from Jan 19th for your viewing pleasure. 

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #61435
                      May 22, 2008
                      908 Posts
                      Posted: February 1, 2016, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Instant Liability report for 100X from Jan 19th for your viewing pleasure. 

Very cool.

Saint Petersburg
                        United States
                        Member #151352
                        January 15, 2014
                        141 Posts
                        Posted: February 1, 2016, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Bought (2) $20 Flamingos this morning from Winn-Dixie over the counter and won $100 .

SARASOTA, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95778
                          August 17, 2010
                          1093 Posts
                          Posted: February 1, 2016, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Nice hit starke$ - glad to finally see a post with winning ticket - too much bullsh1t chit chat going on here lately about things UNrelated to the purpose of this section.

Guys, if you want to BS with other members - and not post your winning ticket with or without a photo -  please use PM and keep the spirit of this section intact.

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

United States
                            Member #172390
                            January 22, 2016
                            15 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2016, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Nice hit starke$ - glad to finally see a post with winning ticket - too much bullsh1t chit chat going on here lately about things UNrelated to the purpose of this section.

Guys, if you want to BS with other members - and not post your winning ticket with or without a photo -  please use PM and keep the spirit of this section intact.

According to the initial post "Just wanted to start a thread for some Talk about Florida scratch offs. If anyone has any tips or wants to share thier latest winnings thats cool too." 

So, discussion about scratchoffs belong in this thread. Discussion ISN'T limited to winning tickets. You're not a moderator of this forum, and you should not be trying to discourage any types of discussion relating to scratchoffs as members of this forum are entitled to use this space to discuss anything pertaining to them. Discussing wins, and trends are equally valuable to others. I also don't think it is the "Spirit" of the thread to try to silence conversations you don't think are valuable. Wink

SARASOTA, FL
                              United States
                              Member #95778
                              August 17, 2010
                              1093 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2016, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

GREAT $1K win there Starke$ - keep up the good work !!

wins: $10,000 Jubilee - $5,000 $200MS - 31 $1k's - 185 $500's - 5 $400's

" ... some days you're the bug - some days you're the windshield ..."

Page 167 of 354