Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wheeling is so 1920!!

Topic closed. 84 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Ronnie316.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19894 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2013, 10:55 am - IP Logged

OK, all of the past draw results are available and this sounds like a fairly simple strategy.  Although the process of determining which 28 numbers to discard might get a little sticky, an adept programmer should be able to crank out a back-tester for you in short order.  So, why not employ one and find out, finally, just how well your strategy works?

If it looks good, your next step would be to calculate how many days in a row you could potentially lose a big chunk of your daily $5K outlay, so you'll know what to tell potential investors, when they ask.  (A Monte Carlo simulation would be a good way to estimate this.)  Wink

Although the process of determining which 28 numbers to  discard might get a little sticky, an adept programmer should be able to crank out a back-tester for you in short order.

Actually Jimmy has had a list of the depth of the winning numbers in a list of the previous 56 numbers posted in his threads several times so he probably knows which 28 numbers are likely to be the most productive.

Backing testing only prove what you knew happened did happened.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2013, 11:44 am - IP Logged

OK, all of the past draw results are available and this sounds like a fairly simple strategy.  Although the process of determining which 28 numbers to discard might get a little sticky, an adept programmer should be able to crank out a back-tester for you in short order.  So, why not employ one and find out, finally, just how well your strategy works?

If it looks good, your next step would be to calculate how many days in a row you could potentially lose a big chunk of your daily $5K outlay, so you'll know what to tell potential investors, when they ask.  (A Monte Carlo simulation would be a good way to estimate this.)  Wink

Now THIS is classic Jammy.........................

Your propensity for posting minor inaccuracies and false assumptions is really quite fascinating.

MM draws are twice per week, not "daily".......

What made you assume I needed an "investor"?

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Realistic discussion with Jammy is nearly impossible because of his convoluted and confused way of thinking. This is why I blocked him for the past few months. It makes no sense to keep going round and round in circles like a dog chasing his tail. But I'm sure Jammy is VERY used to it and cant find a way to stop. 

Are you still smoking those cigarettes Jammy?

United States
        Member #116268
        September 7, 2011
        20244 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2013, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I understand that it is inconceivable to people with Jammy's apptitude that a jackpot can be won by intelligent design, nevertheless had I put my $5k per draw into live action I would have won on the 18th draw.

Friday, August 10, 2012                10 · 18 · 36 · 38 · 44    08                    4$29 Million

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7341 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2013, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Playing a 4if4 wheel only guarantees that 4 win with 4/5, it doesn't guarantee 5 win with 5/5. So any demonstration winning 5/5 involved luck for the 5th number if you had all winning numbers and the extra ball. Picking 2 extra balls, dilutes the payouts even more.

There are five ways to match four out of five number and because of the 4if4 guarantee, the wheel uses all five. That's five chances to match the other drawn number out of 24 numbers.

"So any demonstration winning 5/5 involved luck for the 5th number if you had all winning numbers and the extra ball."

The wheel I used wasn't the minimum amount of combos necessary to get the 4if4 guarantee so there can be more than five four number matches. When five of 28 numbers are drawn, there are 115 four number matches and of course 1 five number match. Any time someone plays less than a full wheel, the obvious is not to eliminate the one winning combo. 

For every extra four number match means another chance of matching all five numbers. They still have to beat the odds, but the odds are more favorable by playing a 5000 combo 4if4 wheel with five or more four number matches than any 5000 combos. It's possible someone could get better results by using filters to reduce the field to 5000 too.

United States
            Member #116268
            September 7, 2011
            20244 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2013, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

There are five ways to match four out of five number and because of the 4if4 guarantee, the wheel uses all five. That's five chances to match the other drawn number out of 24 numbers.

"So any demonstration winning 5/5 involved luck for the 5th number if you had all winning numbers and the extra ball."

The wheel I used wasn't the minimum amount of combos necessary to get the 4if4 guarantee so there can be more than five four number matches. When five of 28 numbers are drawn, there are 115 four number matches and of course 1 five number match. Any time someone plays less than a full wheel, the obvious is not to eliminate the one winning combo. 

For every extra four number match means another chance of matching all five numbers. They still have to beat the odds, but the odds are more favorable by playing a 5000 combo 4if4 wheel with five or more four number matches than any 5000 combos. It's possible someone could get better results by using filters to reduce the field to 5000 too.

Thanks for explaining yet again Stack. Your logic is perfect as always.

United States
              Member #93947
              July 10, 2010
              2180 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2013, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie316's response on 4/28/13,

Your propensity for posting minor inaccuracies and false assumptions is really quite fascinating.

Sorry about that.  Do you think this means a back-test or simulation is inappropriate to test your strategy?

I thought it was a fair assumption that someone who works the night shift and posts here [as you do] would need one.  I'd need one and I'm self employed.

BTW, I'm still curious why you posted a Pick-3 win claim by matching an AZ pick with a KY result. (?)

--Jimmy4164

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7341 Posts
                Posted: May 2, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Ronnie316's response on 4/28/13,

Sorry about that.  Do you think this means a back-test or simulation is inappropriate to test your strategy?

I thought it was a fair assumption that someone who works the night shift and posts here [as you do] would need one.  I'd need one and I'm self employed.

BTW, I'm still curious why you posted a Pick-3 win claim by matching an AZ pick with a KY result. (?)

--Jimmy4164

"BTW, I'm still curious why you posted a Pick-3 win claim by matching an AZ pick with a KY result. (?)"

LMAO!

You're reading comprehension is horrible. Go back and read the thread and if you still can't figure it out, have someone explain it to you.

United States
                  Member #93947
                  July 10, 2010
                  2180 Posts
                  Posted: May 3, 2013, 1:33 am - IP Logged

"BTW, I'm still curious why you posted a Pick-3 win claim by matching an AZ pick with a KY result. (?)"

LMAO!

You're reading comprehension is horrible. Go back and read the thread and if you still can't figure it out, have someone explain it to you.

Stack47,

Well, I guess I need to learn not to make assumptions when it comes to Ronnie316 - he's just too complex.  I assumed he was truthful about his state of residence, AZ in his Profile, and therefore assumed he purchased AZ Pick-3 picks...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/259455/3034207

...so, when he reported a winner in KY, I got curious...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/259455/3045311

Now, since you are confident my reading comprehension is lacking, please explain and show everyone how stupid I was in this instance. I know you'll enjoy it.  Have fun!

--Jimmy4164

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: May 3, 2013, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Stack47,

Well, I guess I need to learn not to make assumptions when it comes to Ronnie316 - he's just too complex.  I assumed he was truthful about his state of residence, AZ in his Profile, and therefore assumed he purchased AZ Pick-3 picks...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/259455/3034207

...so, when he reported a winner in KY, I got curious...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/259455/3045311

Now, since you are confident my reading comprehension is lacking, please explain and show everyone how stupid I was in this instance. I know you'll enjoy it.  Have fun!

--Jimmy4164

Stack has good reason to be confident JAMMY, he clearly READ the post where I clearly stated that my intentions for spending a $1 on KY pick 3 numbers as offer by Keith Price were to "see what I get".

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: May 3, 2013, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Stack has good reason to be confident JAMMY, he clearly READ the post where I clearly stated that my intentions for spending a $1 on KY pick 3 numbers as offer by Keith Price were to "see what I get".

I'm sorry for missing your post Ronnie.  Some of us are not accustomed to following a person's thoughts over multiple single line posts, but I'll try harder in the future.

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: May 5, 2013, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I'm sorry for missing your post Ronnie.  Some of us are not accustomed to following a person's thoughts over multiple single line posts, but I'll try harder in the future.

I'm sure it was difficult for you to compose a post containing only two sentences. I'm also certain it is even MORE difficult to comprehend a single line. Simplicity can be a multitude of illusions for you Jammy. 

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: May 5, 2013, 10:17 am - IP Logged

"Betting systems votaries are spiritually akin to the proponents of perpetual motion 
                          machines, butting their heads against the second law of thermodynamics." 
                          The Theory of Gambling and Statistical Logic by  Richard Arnold Epstein

What would Richard know about spirituality Jammy?

United States
                            Member #93947
                            July 10, 2010
                            2180 Posts
                            Posted: May 5, 2013, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

"Betting systems votaries are spiritually akin to the proponents of perpetual motion 
                            machines, butting their heads against the second law of thermodynamics." 
                            The Theory of Gambling and Statistical Logic by  Richard Arnold Epstein

What would Richard know about spirituality Jammy?

Ronnie316,

"What would Richard know about spirituality Jammy?"

Based on my understanding of the meaning of spiritually and his clever use of it in the formation of his simile, I would guess he understands it quite well.

What do you think?

--Jimmy4164

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: May 6, 2013, 11:46 am - IP Logged

Ronnie316,

"What would Richard know about spirituality Jammy?"

Based on my understanding of the meaning of spiritually and his clever use of it in the formation of his simile, I would guess he understands it quite well.

What do you think?

--Jimmy4164

I think you would be BETTER served posting your questions here:

The Skeptics Society Forum