Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So really...Why can't money buy you happiness??

Topic closed. 107 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 1 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Now this is a personal question for who ever answers it...Why can't money buy YOU happiness....Me personally....money can buy my happiness all day long...Im already happy with my life so money will only make me happier...What about you why can't money buy YOUR happiness???

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Happiness is a state of mind. Just like losing is.

Upstate NY
      United States
      Member #140390
      March 17, 2013
      224 Posts
      Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Now this is a personal question for who ever answers it...Why can't money buy YOU happiness....Me personally....money can buy my happiness all day long...Im already happy with my life so money will only make me happier...What about you why can't money buy YOUR happiness???

The only major problems I have are financial so I would say yes it would buy me happiness.   However, winning a large sum of money could create other problems so that is why I would be happy with a smaller jackpot such as NY Take 5.   (I still bought a couple PB tickets for tonight though....)

United States
        Member #142348
        May 9, 2013
        25 Posts
        Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

Happiness is a state of mind. It can be found in a hut just as readily as in a mansion. For those who dwell on those things that they do not have, happiness is hard to find. For those who always want more, happiness is hard to find.

Money can buy entertainment. Money can buy pleasurable company. Money can buy health care and clothes and cars but happiness is something that you must find within yourself.

CHERRY HILL, NJ
          United States
          Member #130213
          July 9, 2012
          387 Posts
          Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

The same way it can buy you a nice bed and not sleep. Money can only make you richer not happier.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: May 11, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

The same way it can buy you a nice bed and not sleep. Money can only make you richer not happier.

But it can buy you a quieter place to live, or multiple stints at a sleep center -- as many as you need to find what the problem is, and expensive doctors and/or medications to fix it.  That would help make me happier.

I think the only time money doesn't make you happier is if you don't realize the limitations of money.  It can make you more comfortable, both physically and emotionally.  It can give you access to places and things, psychiatrists, and other things along that line.  But if you think that all your relationships will now be effortless, or that a hot model with the perfect personality will suddenly fall into your arms and worship you, then it will not bring happiness.  In fact, it may bring abject misery.

I definitely think money would make me happier.  I know it won't solve all my problems, and I have a pretty good idea what to expect if I had a bunch of it.

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
              Nutley, New Jersey
              United States
              Member #131058
              August 1, 2012
              875 Posts
              Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

money can buy you all the Xanax you need. Then it's nighty night Bed

United States
                Member #128790
                June 2, 2012
                5431 Posts
                Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not going to be happy anyways according to those idiots who keep repeating that tired old phrase, I may as well be rich and unhappy than poor and unhappy. I'd be very glad to take their problems away, only If they gave their money to me. I'm willing to sacrafice myself for their well being. Green laugh

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

I hope you're ONLY speaking for yourself.

United States
                    Member #124814
                    March 20, 2012
                    219 Posts
                    Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Money can't prevent death and heart ache. Do you love someone? With or without money, that someone will eventually die. Depressing when you think about it, but it's the truth. Rich people are human just like you and I. They may not have the money problems that we do, but they still have the human problem that we all have. Emotions. Decline in health. Aging. Loss of a loved one. You will still experience that.

When you have money for so long, I think you eventually become bored of the things that us poor folk think about having when we become rich. Like owning a mansion, owning supercars, being able to eat what you want, buy what you want, vacation at any point and to anywhere you want to go. I think that stuff will be fun in the beginning, but years down the line I believe it will get old, and those pesky little human problems will still be there to make you sad. Having a family is very important, though. Bringing happiness to other people is always great as well.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Money can not buy you happiness when you already know how to achieve happiness.

Money buys false friends and toys of your dreams of which friends fade away and toys wear out when the money becomes depleted.

MAGA

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                        A long and winding road
                        United States
                        Member #17084
                        June 10, 2005
                        4526 Posts
                        Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

Money can't prevent death and heart ache. Do you love someone? With or without money, that someone will eventually die. Depressing when you think about it, but it's the truth. Rich people are human just like you and I. They may not have the money problems that we do, but they still have the human problem that we all have. Emotions. Decline in health. Aging. Loss of a loved one. You will still experience that.

When you have money for so long, I think you eventually become bored of the things that us poor folk think about having when we become rich. Like owning a mansion, owning supercars, being able to eat what you want, buy what you want, vacation at any point and to anywhere you want to go. I think that stuff will be fun in the beginning, but years down the line I believe it will get old, and those pesky little human problems will still be there to make you sad. Having a family is very important, though. Bringing happiness to other people is always great as well.

Agree! The most valued things cannot be bought or sold...

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: May 11, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Money can not buy you happiness when you already know how to achieve happiness.

Money buys false friends and toys of your dreams of which friends fade away and toys wear out when the money becomes depleted.

True, ultimate happiness lies within the core, and how comfortable you are with your conscience. But at the same time we live in a material world. Money may create havoc in someone's life, but not in everyone. Everybody is different on so many levels, not just how they'd handle JP money. To lump everyone is erroneous.

Why is it no one ever starts a thread about how the happy rich people are doing? Hmmm

Just my thoughts.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: May 11, 2013, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

You know what? I was thinking about that and I've come to realize something....Both my parents died when i was in my 20's it is still the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me and you know what....I don' t really fall deeply in love with anyone... like as soon as Im in the relationship Im prepared for the worst whether it ends good or bad....it's kinda hard to explain but here's another example....When I was in the military I heard this story...The general Westmorland had his officers write their obituaries when they thought the cong were just going to go all in and attack full steam...the point was when you realize how fleeting life is and it comes to an end whether your prepared or not...it's a little easier I guess to accept that everything comes to and end and all you can do is just realize that fact whenever your faced with death or heartache....So for me I never hold on to anything too tightly and be to afraid to let it go

STORM's avatar - Rean
                              Ga Fl Sc Nc All States 819* 290 160** 1958 Ryde!
                              United States
                              Member #57922
                              January 23, 2008
                              9314 Posts
                              Posted: May 12, 2013, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Now to answer the question 'Why can't money buy u happiness'... well in my opinion, If u are not happy before u come into money,your behavior will still be the same. The only difference is, if/when u get more money ofcourse the experience will give u excitement but it wont last long. We must All remember that, with More money, arise More problems. I can actually speak from experience an say that it's sad when u have known someone most of your life an that individual changes toward you an becomes bitter of your success an good fortune. I've seen how cut throat ppl in the world can be. Anytime you inherit,win the lottery, etc.. it's best that few ppl know because if not, the daggers quickly come out which leaves u in a dark place not knowing who to trust and that's not good. Growing up in a family with money had its advantadges as well as disadvantages. Doesn't matter how much money u have, if u are Not happy before u get it, U are not gona be happy afterwards. All u will do is spend money on things u Don't need to take the place of your unhappiness to some how make u feel better in order to gain happiness. I love this topic bcuz sooo many ppl need to see/realize/know that hard times does not mean u have to let it define u. For example; u may be having hard times riding around in your car, 'Let's juz say a toyota' that runs hot every other day, an u sit back thinking to yourself, Man... what if I hit the lottery?, then u fantasize abt getting a porsche, benz, or whatever, not realizing that if u juz hold on an from time to time get smaller things fixed on your car, 'it'll eventually run juz like that porsche, benz' that u want but u decide not to wait, so the first small lottery win u decided to get that porsche, but with a High car note that u know u can't afford an cud end up losing bcuz u can't keep up the payments, soooo.. logically U ride that toyota til the wheels fall off Praising God all the way that u not standing in the rain getting sick waiting on that bus. You may not have the kind of car u want right now but it doesn't mean u wont someday. Appreciate what u have, being unhappy is 'A Choice' If u don't make the effort an show God that u are trying, why should everything juz be handed to u. In life, we All go thru but the lord will Never let u go thru without bringing u out... What I am saying is, 'Be sensible' with what u have already and build from that. Don't be so quick to go out an get the most expensive car, house, etc.. an then end up right back at square one. Excuse me, I juz felt like getting some things off my mind an if I can help one person, I've succeeded within this message... I DON'T look down on Anyone bcuz what I have can be gone in the blink of an eye. I take Nothing/No one for granted. If our paths have crossed, 'I Thank God' for All the experiences, good/bad bcuz with every trial/tribulation came GROWTH... Many blessings LP Fam!!