Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So really...Why can't money buy you happiness??

Topic closed. 107 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 4 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
x1kosmic's avatar - neptune vg2.gif

United States
Member #48046
December 7, 2006
1699 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2013, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Happiness can be bought. I buy it all the time.  Cheers

That looks  Fun, and Happy.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19964 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2013, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

Happiness can be bought. I buy it all the time.  Cheers

WHAT IS THAT? What?

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2013, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

What?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19964 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2013, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

What?

What?

Let it Snow Snowman

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: May 13, 2013, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Now this is a personal question for who ever answers it...Why can't money buy YOU happiness....Me personally....money can buy my happiness all day long...Im already happy with my life so money will only make me happier...What about you why can't money buy YOUR happiness???

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
            Joplin MO
            United States
            Member #138489
            January 28, 2013
            190 Posts
            Posted: May 13, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

Money may not buy you happiness ... but it sure can rent it ... HeeHee!!!

Seriously ... I am reasonably happy now.  More money to quit my job, be financially secure, and be able to spend my days doing the things that I need or want to do for me would surely make me even happier than I am now.

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
              Joplin MO
              United States
              Member #138489
              January 28, 2013
              190 Posts
              Posted: May 13, 2013, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy now, but lots of money would allow me to quit my job, and that would make me even happier.

Now if money can't buy happiness, it can certainly buy me an extra 40 hours a week to pursue it.

Awesome answer!!!  I Like that!!!

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                Member #142499
                May 13, 2013
                1203 Posts
                Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

I think the people who believe money won't make them happy are either idiots or born into wealth. Like someone else said, once you know the limitations of money, then you're fine.

I don't think for a second that having loads of money will bring me amazing friends or a perfect husband. The people who believe that are the ones destined to be unhappy. Money + relationships = problems.  I recently found out people I thought were my friends, weren't, and that they were only using me...and I'm not even rich. Bad friends are ALWAYS found out...sooner or later. Adding money to the mix just makes it sooner. Which is a blessing, NOT a curse. Now I know and I'm better prepared to spot the warning signs. Yeah, it hurt like h(e)ll at the time. But you roll with it and move on.

If the things that are making you sad, making you stressed, making you depressed are money-related, then the converse would be true. Once those issues are cleared away and you can actually enjoy life instead of being a slave to it, hellooooooo end of the rainbow. Banana Show...me...the...moneeeey

Republic of Texas
                  United States
                  Member #57557
                  January 9, 2008
                  1095 Posts
                  Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

I want to win the lottery so I can get a Lifestyle Lift and Light Up My Life. It will Make Real my Dream of Looking Years Younger.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

I think the people who believe money won't make them happy are either idiots or born into wealth. Like someone else said, once you know the limitations of money, then you're fine.

I don't think for a second that having loads of money will bring me amazing friends or a perfect husband. The people who believe that are the ones destined to be unhappy. Money + relationships = problems.  I recently found out people I thought were my friends, weren't, and that they were only using me...and I'm not even rich. Bad friends are ALWAYS found out...sooner or later. Adding money to the mix just makes it sooner. Which is a blessing, NOT a curse. Now I know and I'm better prepared to spot the warning signs. Yeah, it hurt like h(e)ll at the time. But you roll with it and move on.

If the things that are making you sad, making you stressed, making you depressed are money-related, then the converse would be true. Once those issues are cleared away and you can actually enjoy life instead of being a slave to it, hellooooooo end of the rainbow. Banana Show...me...the...moneeeey

Thank You. Someone finally gets it.

My biggest issue in my life right now is the lack of real money, and if that's the only issue in my life that's pressing, so the obvious solution is having more money. I'm happy with everything else, just not enough money. And it gets harder the older you get.

The reason most people on this thread keep saying money won't buy them happiness is because they've been brainwashed from birth, and believe everything they hear. They don't take a step back and think a moment about what they write or say concerning this subject. They just remember some moron on TV, or friend saying this and repeating it.

Money is power and control. I don't mean control over other people, but control of my life and how to run it the way I please without constantly worrying about the next paycheck. Why is it so hard for people to grasp such an easy concept?

There will always be problems and difficulties in life, but those problems can be addressed much more easily with lots of money.

Nothing is worse than spending your life constantly worrying about the next dollar. Life can be experienced to it's fullest when you have the resources.

Surely most of the novelties will wear off after I buy everything and travel, or whatever, but at the end of the thrill ride there will still be a sense of security with not just my retirement, but my family and friend's peace of mind knowing they won't worry about money ever again, and living the rest of their lives happy.

Stress, especially over money will bring you to an early grave. And that's at least one good reason to have plenty of money.

Ah nevermind, people just don't get it, and they never will. They're more happy regurgitating cliches. Disapprove

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                      A long and winding road
                      United States
                      Member #17084
                      June 10, 2005
                      4576 Posts
                      Posted: May 14, 2013, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Thank You. Someone finally gets it.

My biggest issue in my life right now is the lack of real money, and if that's the only issue in my life that's pressing, so the obvious solution is having more money. I'm happy with everything else, just not enough money. And it gets harder the older you get.

The reason most people on this thread keep saying money won't buy them happiness is because they've been brainwashed from birth, and believe everything they hear. They don't take a step back and think a moment about what they write or say concerning this subject. They just remember some moron on TV, or friend saying this and repeating it.

Money is power and control. I don't mean control over other people, but control of my life and how to run it the way I please without constantly worrying about the next paycheck. Why is it so hard for people to grasp such an easy concept?

There will always be problems and difficulties in life, but those problems can be addressed much more easily with lots of money.

Nothing is worse than spending your life constantly worrying about the next dollar. Life can be experienced to it's fullest when you have the resources.

Surely most of the novelties will wear off after I buy everything and travel, or whatever, but at the end of the thrill ride there will still be a sense of security with not just my retirement, but my family and friend's peace of mind knowing they won't worry about money ever again, and living the rest of their lives happy.

Stress, especially over money will bring you to an early grave. And that's at least one good reason to have plenty of money.

Ah nevermind, people just don't get it, and they never will. They're more happy regurgitating cliches. Disapprove

A good heart doesnt cost a cent. Think about it.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                        Member #142499
                        May 13, 2013
                        1203 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2013, 2:25 am - IP Logged

A good heart is fine and dandy but it won't fill my gas tank or pay my landlord.

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Give me a break with that goody two shoes nonsense.

I'll be sure to tell that to my car Insurance carrier when the bill arrives. I'll tell them TheGameGirl on LP said it was ok to postpone paying the bill until the magical fairy came to my room and threw fairy dust and money at me. Hit With Stick

Some of you people must be heavily medicated living in La La land.

United States
                            Member #142489
                            May 13, 2013
                            45 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

A good heart is fine and dandy but it won't fill my gas tank or pay my landlord.

True. But of course mansions and cars and boutique clothing won't make you find love or happiness either. I agree with your earlier post in that it's definitely about the person and their relationships than just money. It's always a balance. There was a Chinese girl on a contest TV show that said that she would rather cry in a BMW than be happy on the back of a bicycle (referring to who she would rather date) that sent a little shockwave throughout the community. In the end we all have to realize the obvious facts that good heart don't pay for rent and big mansions don't mean love/happiness.

Sure people are "happy" that they might not have to worry about paying the bills or having to work at their terrible job or worry about retirement...but new sets of problems and issues can arise. And it truly will show who are your friends and who is just looking to get a piece of the pie.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                              Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Money might be able to buy SOME people happiness... but I guess I am too 'expensive of a date'... cuz money just doesn't do it (for happiness) - for **me**.