Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So really...Why can't money buy you happiness??

Topic closed. 107 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 3 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
Oklahoma
United States
Member #82391
November 12, 2009
6290 Posts
Posted: May 13, 2013, 9:32 am - IP Logged

Happiness is a state of mind. It can be found in a hut just as readily as in a mansion. For those who dwell on those things that they do not have, happiness is hard to find. For those who always want more, happiness is hard to find.

Money can buy entertainment. Money can buy pleasurable company. Money can buy health care and clothes and cars but happiness is something that you must find within yourself.

Welcome to the LP maelstromThumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: May 13, 2013, 9:34 am - IP Logged

Money CAN buy freedom, and it's the freedom that makes one happy.  Freedom from work, freedom from debt, freedom from a horrible marriage, etc.

You can achieve all those objectives by becoming a bum that sits in front of the gas station.

United States
      Member #116268
      September 7, 2011
      20244 Posts
      Posted: May 13, 2013, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP maelstromThumbs Up

I Agree!

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #94283
        July 17, 2010
        2284 Posts
        Posted: May 13, 2013, 10:41 am - IP Logged

You can achieve all those objectives by becoming a bum that sits in front of the gas station.

OMG, I love sitting in front of the gas station huffing fumes and gettin' high!  Thumbs Up

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: May 13, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

OMG, I love sitting in front of the gas station huffing fumes and gettin' high!  Thumbs Up

It can be a fairly sweet gig. If you look desperate enough you dont even have to ask for money.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: May 13, 2013, 10:59 am - IP Logged

yeah but tears can be diluted

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Crying Cry me a river.

cbr$'s avatar - maren
                Cordova,Al.
                United States
                Member #104482
                January 15, 2011
                4910 Posts
                Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Now this is a personal question for who ever answers it...Why can't money buy YOU happiness....Me personally....money can buy my happiness all day long...Im already happy with my life so money will only make me happier...What about you why can't money buy YOUR happiness???

No, money couldn't buy me happiness or peace of mind, for that matter. Happiness has to be present already in your life. Happiness & peace of mind have no price tags.

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:32 am - IP Logged

No, money couldn't buy me happiness or peace of mind, for that matter. Happiness has to be present already in your life. Happiness & peace of mind have no price tags.

I Agree! Happiness comes free of charge.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                    Whiskey Island
                    United States
                    Member #90216
                    April 24, 2010
                    12740 Posts
                    Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Money only can buy material possessions not happiness !!

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                      Kunming
                      China
                      Member #57910
                      January 23, 2008
                      3626 Posts
                      Posted: May 13, 2013, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Money can only add to your happiness. There are many rich people that are unhappy.

Play to win!

Denmother1's avatar - batman38
                        Suffolk, VA
                        United States
                        Member #106648
                        February 22, 2011
                        781 Posts
                        Posted: May 13, 2013, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Most of the people on this thread and many similar threads before this love to use words like "Can't", "won't", or "don't", as If they speak for everyone out there.

Speak for yourselves. What you believe will happen If I get rich has nothing to do with the horror stories.

It's like saying, "Most people who smoke weed will eventually do harder drugs like Heroin". Absolute rubbish, I've smoked weed for 35 years and never touched Heroin or any other drug.

Speak for yourselves !

I totally see YOUR point! Money can buy you happiness, you just have to buy it in the right form! Cheers

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing that a tomato does not go in a fruit salad."  Hat

CHERRY HILL, NJ
                          United States
                          Member #130213
                          July 9, 2012
                          387 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2013, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

Now this is a personal question for who ever answers it...Why can't money buy YOU happiness....Me personally....money can buy my happiness all day long...Im already happy with my life so money will only make me happier...What about you why can't money buy YOUR happiness???

Happiness like health and time is something that cannot be bought. Its not something you can take a title to and claim as yours. Like many other posters have said, its a state of mind or being.

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: May 13, 2013, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

You know what? I was thinking about that and I've come to realize something....Both my parents died when i was in my 20's it is still the most devastating thing that has ever happened to me and you know what....I don' t really fall deeply in love with anyone... like as soon as Im in the relationship Im prepared for the worst whether it ends good or bad....it's kinda hard to explain but here's another example....When I was in the military I heard this story...The general Westmorland had his officers write their obituaries when they thought the cong were just going to go all in and attack full steam...the point was when you realize how fleeting life is and it comes to an end whether your prepared or not...it's a little easier I guess to accept that everything comes to and end and all you can do is just realize that fact whenever your faced with death or heartache....So for me I never hold on to anything too tightly and be to afraid to let it go

There you go. Money can buy some happiness. What it can't do is eliminate all unhappiness.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                              NY
                              United States
                              Member #121961
                              January 21, 2012
                              3157 Posts
                              Posted: May 13, 2013, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

Happiness like health and time is something that cannot be bought. Its not something you can take a title to and claim as yours. Like many other posters have said, its a state of mind or being.

Happiness can be bought. I buy it all the time.  Cheers