Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So really...Why can't money buy you happiness??

Topic closed. 107 replies. Last post 4 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 5 of 8
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #142489
May 13, 2013
45 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Give me a break with that goody two shoes nonsense.

I'll be sure to tell that to my car Insurance carrier when the bill arrives. I'll tell them TheGameGirl on LP said it was ok to postpone paying the bill until the magical fairy came to my room and threw fairy dust and money at me. Hit With Stick

Some of you people must be heavily medicated living in La La land.

Well aside from the fact that she never said you can pay car insurance with a good heart, we can all agree a good heart can't pay for living expenses.

It goes both ways in the extreme. If you are an amazingly happy/loving person at heart...you will be miserable if you have no money to pay for basic living expenses.No crap sherlock!

If you are in deep depression or have terrible friends or no one cares about you...you wil be miserable even if you have all the mansions and cars and private jets in the world. No crap sherlock!

Now if we had to choose between the two extremes, then obviously if you are rich you are going to be physically comfortable whereas the good heart but broke guy is gonna have a hard time simply surviving. However, one must be able to use the money wisely as a tool instead of being used by the money they have. The saying "money can't buy happiness" is a bit oversimplified but understandably so. Many people simply think that a higher income would lead to them being happier because they think the big problem in their life is low amount of money...which is only the symptom of deeper problems in their life (relationships, budgeting, lifestyle, friends, etc.)

But of course with proper use, money can bring a great amount of happiness. You just have to know what makes you really happy and make true friends.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Well aside from the fact that she never said you can pay car insurance with a good heart, we can all agree a good heart can't pay for living expenses.

It goes both ways in the extreme. If you are an amazingly happy/loving person at heart...you will be miserable if you have no money to pay for basic living expenses.No crap sherlock!

If you are in deep depression or have terrible friends or no one cares about you...you wil be miserable even if you have all the mansions and cars and private jets in the world. No crap sherlock!

Now if we had to choose between the two extremes, then obviously if you are rich you are going to be physically comfortable whereas the good heart but broke guy is gonna have a hard time simply surviving. However, one must be able to use the money wisely as a tool instead of being used by the money they have. The saying "money can't buy happiness" is a bit oversimplified but understandably so. Many people simply think that a higher income would lead to them being happier because they think the big problem in their life is low amount of money...which is only the symptom of deeper problems in their life (relationships, budgeting, lifestyle, friends, etc.)

But of course with proper use, money can bring a great amount of happiness. You just have to know what makes you really happy and make true friends.

Oh boy, another Einstein on our hands.

If I bought a clue for you at my expense, you'd still be walking backwards blindfolded and ignorant.

Please tell your doctor to lower your doses.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
      A long and winding road
      United States
      Member #17084
      June 10, 2005
      4528 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Give me a break with that goody two shoes nonsense.

I'll be sure to tell that to my car Insurance carrier when the bill arrives. I'll tell them TheGameGirl on LP said it was ok to postpone paying the bill until the magical fairy came to my room and threw fairy dust and money at me. Hit With Stick

Some of you people must be heavily medicated living in La La land.

Onlymoney- Be so kind as to Quote where such was even iterated, stop reading into a sentence and take it at face value. If your ignorance were money you'd genuinely be a millionaire :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

Onlymoney- Be so kind as to Quote where such was even iterated, stop reading into a sentence and take it at face value. If your ignorance were money you'd genuinely be a millionaire :)

My ignorance? HA !

How do you know i don't have a good heart? You don't know me from Adam. Secondly, having a good heart doesn't pay the bills. HELLO!!!!

You better wake up from your dream world of fantasy island and smell the real world honey.

United States
          Member #116268
          September 7, 2011
          20244 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

My ignorance? HA !

How do you know i don't have a good heart? You don't know me from Adam. Secondly, having a good heart doesn't pay the bills. HELLO!!!!

You better wake up from your dream world of fantasy island and smell the real world honey.

Does this sound like a person with a "good heart"????

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/252301/2758463 

People who admit loving evil greedy humans deserve to be dragged by their balls and whipped until they beg for mercy, and then I can come along and spit a big fat loogi right in your face. I'd pay big money to see that happen.

Then what will you do? Hold your flag up and make witty remarks? You're a used douche bag !

Toronto
            Canada
            Member #138397
            January 26, 2013
            179 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

The thing is, a good heart and "deep depression or have terrible friends" are not opposites like being rich and poor is.

You can have a very good heart and be in depression and have terrible friends.

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

The thing is, a good heart and "deep depression or have terrible friends" are not opposites like being rich and poor is.

You can have a very good heart and be in depression and have terrible friends.

Green laugh Yeah, I guess you can have a "good heart" and wish evil on people you don't even know.

Toronto
                Canada
                Member #138397
                January 26, 2013
                179 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh Yeah, I guess you can have a "good heart" and wish evil on people you don't even know.

What I was trying to say was more like you have a lot of evil friends taking advantage of you but your "good heart" won't let you break off the "friendship"

United States
                  Member #116268
                  September 7, 2011
                  20244 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

What I was trying to say was more like you have a lot of evil friends taking advantage of you but your "good heart" won't let you break off the "friendship"

All my friends are rich greedy. (NOT evil greedy) Big difference.

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Does this sound like a person with a "good heart"????

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/252301/2758463 

People who admit loving evil greedy humans deserve to be dragged by their balls and whipped until they beg for mercy, and then I can come along and spit a big fat loogi right in your face. I'd pay big money to see that happen.

Then what will you do? Hold your flag up and make witty remarks? You're a used douche bag !

Everyone has a tolerance level. I have no choice but to expose people like you who love evil greedy, and welathy individuals who were the ones responsible for the demise of the economy. You better look at yourself in the mirror and stop talking crap.

Your belief system sucks, no matter how good of a heart I have. You don't know how I treat people in my personal life. You don't know how I help people in need when they're deperate. You don't know anything about me except for my response to an evil lover like you, and then use that as an example? HA!   Another weak argument.

United States
                      Member #116268
                      September 7, 2011
                      20244 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2013, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Everyone has a tolerance level. I have no choice but to expose people like you who love evil greedy, and welathy individuals who were the ones responsible for the demise of the economy. You better look at yourself in the mirror and stop talking crap.

Your belief system sucks, no matter how good of a heart I have. You don't know how I treat people in my personal life. You don't know how I help people in need when they're deperate. You don't know anything about me except for my response to an evil lover like you, and then use that as an example? HA!   Another weak argument.

I'm NOT the one who wished evil on someone I don't know... You are......

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

So what are you gonna do Lonely, go ballistic and get another thread locked?

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Lurking

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

I'm NOT the one who wished evil on someone I don't know... You are......

I have no pity on evil loving people like you. You and your cohorts, and condoning of rich greedy people with massive wealth who you don't know personally makes you evil. So you're the one that put yourself in that position. I have a good heart but when someone who's head is so far up his ass, not realizing the wealth of damage those greedy people have done to this country and the poor people who just want  to make a decent living got screwd for who knows how many decades from now, makes you evil. Either you're too dumb to get it, in denial, or just don't care. That's evil. So I really don't give three s**ts about you or your kind.

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Lurking