Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who would you tell first and why?

Topic closed. 89 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Piaceri.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
Beautiful Florida
United States
Member #5709
July 18, 2004
20106 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

In no way am I against God or the mention of "His Holy Name" 

She said she would thank God. I didn't ask who would you thank did I? I asked who would you tell first and why?

Anyway, if you're a religious person and believe that God is all-knowing then why would you have to tell/thank him anyway? He'd already know because he did it. Also, what makes you stand out from the millions of other devout hard-working Christians who play the lottery? You're thanking him for favoring you over everyone else who prayed for the same thing? I thought he was supposed to be fair and just...?

LET ME BE CLEAR HERE

I'm looking for answers that have to do with physical beings that you can touch, smell, hear, and see. Not spiritual ones.

I don't want to step on any fragile toes by offending you or your beliefs.

Maybe next time I'll be more specific in my original post.

Nothing wrong with your question, but you opened up Pandoras box by asking that type of question, and from what I can see you got plenty of responces.

By the way, When you spoke of "HIM", he is fair and just. He didn't choose her over all the hard working Christians who supposedly asked for the same thing, because she was standing out over all the millions. What he did was to give her the blessing because he saw she needed it the most compared to others. " HE" doesn't just give a blessing for the sake of giving, "HE" gives it when it is truly needed. And that my friend is the meaning of " Fair and Just"...

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

**ducking and covering**

After praising God for the bounty...

then I would tell the Lawyers about my win in order to set up the trusts...

then... I would buy a case or so of duct tape and apply it liberally to my lips anytime they seemed to part for casual conversation...

Kordman916's avatar - 4eyes

United States
      Member #142519
      May 14, 2013
      23 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

This is why I asked not to mention God as a person you'd tell because this kinda <snip> happens every time. The original question hasn't even be answered by most of you and the entire thread is now a religious/political debate.

I've got people quoting bible scriptures at me, taking my little request to keep the answers subject to actual people and blowing it out of proportion.

Some dude took every line of my response and tried to point out what's wrong with each one. Really yo'? Most of what you said was complete nonsense or little errors in grammar.

It's like you feel like I'm attacking you personally. When all that's happening is I'm being attacked. For what? Not sharing the same beliefs as you and asking you to give me answers that don't pertain to God?

This is a LOTTERY forum. Not a religious one. There are forums out there where you can debate over your beliefs but not here.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Lavender Rocket

United States
        Member #124616
        March 16, 2012
        2642 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

This is why I asked not to mention God as a person you'd tell because this kinda <snip> happens every time. The original question hasn't even be answered by most of you and the entire thread is now a religious/political debate.

I've got people quoting bible scriptures at me, taking my little request to keep the answers subject to actual people and blowing it out of proportion.

Some dude took every line of my response and tried to point out what's wrong with each one. Really yo'? Most of what you said was complete nonsense or little errors in grammar.

It's like you feel like I'm attacking you personally. When all that's happening is I'm being attacked. For what? Not sharing the same beliefs as you and asking you to give me answers that don't pertain to God?

This is a LOTTERY forum. Not a religious one. There are forums out there where you can debate over your beliefs but not here.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

ok let me try again...

After giving praise for the win...

then... I would buy a case or so of duct tape and apply it liberally to my lips anytime they seemed to part for casual conversation...

(better worded?)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

ok let me try again...

(better worded?)

I don't think that's gonna be good enough for him, max.

Cuz in the back of his mind he's gonna think "praise" refers to "you know who" and it's gonna set him off again.

They can't tolerate even the thought of somebody referring to "you know who."

It's like showing a Crucifix to Dracula or something.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
            Oklahoma
            United States
            Member #82391
            November 12, 2009
            6290 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey, this is my first post! W00T!

Anyway, my question to you is if you won the lottery (PB/MM) who would you tell about it first and why?

(This is obviously before cashing the ticket in)

I'm looking forward to some good responses!

Ok one more time. You Kordman asked a question, a member responded with her answer.

We are not attacking you on the contrary we (Christians) are being attack for wanting to acknowledge GOD in our answer.

I Love Pink & Green 1908

United States
              Member #142348
              May 9, 2013
              25 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

ok let me try again...

(better worded?)

The 'tell the lawyers' part might be my most stressful moment. I don't have a trusted attorney. I would be anxious to get everything started so I'm not sure how thorough I would be in vetting my choice for lawyer.  First you need to beat  astronomical odds and hit the numbers and then you need to get lucky and get a lawyer who is both ethical and competent. We've all seen too many stories of rich people being screwed over by their attorneys, managers and financial guys.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Listen up, Dorkman.

Nobody gives a rat's azz about your touchy-feely sensibilities and the horror you feel and offense you take at somebody mentioning the Holy Name of the Creator.

You ain't the first leg-humping atheist to come in here and think he can start calling the shots after being here less than 24 hours and you surely won't be the last.

So get over it and get over yourself.

Lavender Rocket

United States
                  Member #124616
                  March 16, 2012
                  2642 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Listen up, Dorkman.

Nobody gives a rat's azz about your touchy-feely sensibilities and the horror you feel and offense you take at somebody mentioning the Holy Name of the Creator.

You ain't the first leg-humping atheist to come in here and think he can start calling the shots after being here less than 24 hours and you surely won't be the last.

and this is why I am a card-carrying member of the 'I love Rige' fan-club...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 15, 2013, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

and this is why I am a card-carrying member of the 'I love Rige' fan-club...

Well thank ya, lil' darlin'!   Lover

United States
                      Member #142348
                      May 9, 2013
                      25 Posts
                      Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Listen up, Dorkman.

Leg humping athiest?

Surely there is no need to start calling names.

And the christians want to claim that they are being attacked?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19740 Posts
                        Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Listen up, Dorkman.

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Leg humping athiest?

Surely there is no need to start calling names.

And the christians want to claim that they are being attacked?

"Leg humping athiest?"

If the shoe fits...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!Party

Lavender Rocket

United States
                              Member #124616
                              March 16, 2012
                              2642 Posts
                              Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Ok I will be totally clear... I would tell Ridge.  and Sully.  and Maddog.  and Dallas.

shoot... let me just get it over with now...

...  the following is a PRIVATE message for Ridge, Sully, Maddog & Dallas (would everyone else please cover their eyes)

HEY!  I am now the winner of the LOTTERY!  May my good fortune visit you VERY SOON!

... (ok everyone else can uncover their eyes now)