Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who would you tell first and why?

Topic closed. 89 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Piaceri.

Page 6 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
Economy class
Belgium
Member #123700
February 27, 2012
4035 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
    Lavender Rocket

United States
    Member #124616
    March 16, 2012
    2642 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

The teeth are too white...

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

This is why I asked not to mention God as a person you'd tell because this kinda <snip> happens every time. The original question hasn't even be answered by most of you and the entire thread is now a religious/political debate.

I've got people quoting bible scriptures at me, taking my little request to keep the answers subject to actual people and blowing it out of proportion.

Some dude took every line of my response and tried to point out what's wrong with each one. Really yo'? Most of what you said was complete nonsense or little errors in grammar.

It's like you feel like I'm attacking you personally. When all that's happening is I'm being attacked. For what? Not sharing the same beliefs as you and asking you to give me answers that don't pertain to God?

This is a LOTTERY forum. Not a religious one. There are forums out there where you can debate over your beliefs but not here.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

I have a few things to say about this:

1. You never put any kind of limitation in your initial question.  You said, "Anyway, my question to you is if you won the lottery (PB/MM) who would you tell about it first and why?"  If someone wants to say "God", then so be it.  You never said "person".  Why on Earth would you want to limit someone from saying that they would thank God first?
      2. You are the one creating a religious issue here, not the people who would thank God before anyone else.  If you would be tolerant of other peoples' views then this would not be a problem.
      3. Since you said this was your first question here at Lottery Post, how would you know that "this kinda ____ happens every time"?  And what kind of "____" are you talking about?  People thanking God?

What if someone said, "I would tell my pastor first."  Would that create religious issues for you?  Would they not be allowed to say that?  How is speaking to their pastor different than speaking directly to God?

Before you go flipping out on me and saying something that will get you suspended, maybe you should just digest this and calmly go on from here.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

GEORGIA
        United States
        Member #64238
        August 22, 2008
        9852 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

I don't think that's gonna be good enough for him, max.

Cuz in the back of his mind he's gonna think "praise" refers to "you know who" and it's gonna set him off again.

They can't tolerate even the thought of somebody referring to "you know who."

It's like showing a Crucifix to Dracula or something.

This is tooooo funny rdgrnr.  But I agree with you.

Yesterday is behind us, tomorrow is not promised, today we move forward in JESUS name.

Favorites: 6973 4710 1934 1927 1754 8972 2080 9025 9067 1189 1955 1208 1118 4455 0622 0589 1129 1069 1017 

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
          Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

The teeth are too white...

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

This is tooooo funny rdgrnr.  But I agree with you.

Well thank you kindly, JKTAYLOR...   Big Grin

Republic of Texas
              United States
              Member #57557
              January 9, 2008
              1095 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

I have a few things to say about this:

1. You never put any kind of limitation in your initial question.  You said, "Anyway, my question to you is if you won the lottery (PB/MM) who would you tell about it first and why?"  If someone wants to say "God", then so be it.  You never said "person".  Why on Earth would you want to limit someone from saying that they would thank God first?
              2. You are the one creating a religious issue here, not the people who would thank God before anyone else.  If you would be tolerant of other peoples' views then this would not be a problem.
              3. Since you said this was your first question here at Lottery Post, how would you know that "this kinda ____ happens every time"?  And what kind of "____" are you talking about?  People thanking God?

What if someone said, "I would tell my pastor first."  Would that create religious issues for you?  Would they not be allowed to say that?  How is speaking to their pastor different than speaking directly to God?

Before you go flipping out on me and saying something that will get you suspended, maybe you should just digest this and calmly go on from here.

Thank you thank you thank you.

I will never understand why some people get their back hairs up so easily when someone professes faith. If you disagree with someone's beliefs, it does not give you a right to belittle them or God. This country was founded on freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. If you don't like the mention of God, then ignore it and move on. Don't act like someone just spashed you with holy water trying to exorcise the demon that must reside in your heart that makes you say such hateful things.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

Kordman916's avatar - 4eyes

United States
                Member #142519
                May 14, 2013
                23 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2013, 12:06 am - IP Logged

You guys are hilarious! Making assumptions about me and calling me names when I haven't been aggressive whatsoever. How very Christian like of you.

I can tell that my time on these forums will be filled with joy.

Till next time ;)

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                  Beautiful Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5709
                  July 18, 2004
                  20242 Posts
                  Posted: May 16, 2013, 12:21 am - IP Logged

You guys are hilarious! Making assumptions about me and calling me names when I haven't been aggressive whatsoever. How very Christian like of you.

I can tell that my time on these forums will be filled with joy.

Till next time ;)

C ya.!

Don't let the door hit you in the cork screw on the way out..!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

United States
                    Member #142348
                    May 9, 2013
                    25 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2013, 1:30 am - IP Logged

Thank you thank you thank you.

I will never understand why some people get their back hairs up so easily when someone professes faith. If you disagree with someone's beliefs, it does not give you a right to belittle them or God. This country was founded on freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. If you don't like the mention of God, then ignore it and move on. Don't act like someone just spashed you with holy water trying to exorcise the demon that must reside in your heart that makes you say such hateful things.

Did you read what you wrote?

In one sentence you say that if you disagree with some one that does not give you the right to belittle them - Apparently you don't think that applies to you because  just a few sentences later you say that they must have a demon in their heart - clearly not a kind thing to say.  Saying that some one who disagrees with you must have evil dwelling within them, that is the only hateful remark I have seen.

Is it your position that christains may be unkind and belittle but athiests should just be silent? 

I think an apology would be appropriate.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2013, 1:47 am - IP Logged

In one sentence you say that if you disagree with some one that does not give you the right to belittle them - Apparently you don't think that applies to you because  just a few sentences later you say that they must have a demon in their heart - clearly not a kind thing to say.  Saying that some one who disagrees with you must have evil dwelling within them, that is the only hateful remark I have seen.

Is it your position that christains may be unkind and belittle but athiests should just be silent? 

I think a lot less sniveling and whining would be appropriate.

Do you ever stop?

United States
                        Member #142348
                        May 9, 2013
                        25 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2013, 2:01 am - IP Logged

I think a lot less sniveling and whining would be appropriate.

Do you ever stop?

That is an odd question coming from you since you have posted on this thread more than I have.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 16, 2013, 2:14 am - IP Logged

That is an odd question coming from you since you have posted on this thread more than I have.

Post all you want.

It's the slack-jawed sniveling that grates on people's nerves.

Nobody here is gonna wetnurse you and make sure your feelings don't get hurt.

Get used to it.

Toronto
                            Canada
                            Member #138397
                            January 26, 2013
                            179 Posts
                            Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:03 am - IP Logged

back to topic...

The first person would be myself. I'd be double and triple and ...100+ times checking the tickets to make sure I'm not hallucinating.

After I'm 100% sure, the next people would be the lottery officials. I'm not gonna tell anyone (that matters) until I get my money in the bank.

Republic of Texas
                              United States
                              Member #57557
                              January 9, 2008
                              1095 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2013, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

Of course I read what I wrote. Someone says they will give thanks to God, and you belittled them for that. What I wrote:

Don't act like someone just spashed you with holy water trying to exorcise the demon that must reside in your heart that makes you say such hateful things.

Since you failed to comprehend the message, I'll restate:  You said a mean & hateful thing to someone regarding their faith, and you need to apologize to that person. 

Simple enough for you?

You and Kordman916 went on the attack because someone expressed faith in God. Why do you think it is your right to attack Christians? This is so prevelant in America today. And it is wrong. Do you realize what you & Kordman916 said is considered bullying? You both owe an apology.

Btw, I never said "evil". YOU said "evil". I'm just asking why can't you leave others alone in their beliefs? What harm to you if someone expresses belief, especially in a forum post that is not directed to you specifically? You don't like something that really doesn't harm you in any way, just ignore it.

Is it belittling to you if I ask you not to belittle others? Absolutely not.

Two things people really have gotten away from in today's society:  1) If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all  & 2) Treat others as you would have them treat you.

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner