Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lf you won the Big One:Would you have the stones to tell the rest of us so- Y/N?

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RedStang.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
United States
Member #50210
March 1, 2007
843 Posts
Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I absolutely would come on here and share the news.

Congrats! I hope your winnings from 2002 has made a positive impact in your life Smile

If I were fortunate enough to win a large jackpot, I would most likely wait several months and have Todd post a copy of the winning ticket on my behalf. I would also figure out a way to have my attorney give LP a shout out during the claiming/interview process.

Anything under a million and I would have no problems revealing it myself.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #123290
    February 17, 2012
    3052 Posts
    Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

I think so, I dont know...

Purchase some Lottery Post Merchandise and if you see a winner with a hat or t-shirt

you'll know it was a L.P. member but not which member it was.

You know but at the same time you won't know...lol

...the secret to Luck is never to trust it...

2012 wins:$20 loss:$200  2013 wins:$100 loss:$270  2014 wins:$360 loss:$273 

2015 wins:$0 loss:$53  2016 Jan $0/$15.00 Feb $0/$2.50 Mar $0/$4.00 April $0/$0 May $0/$0

June $0/$0 July $0/$0 Aug $0/$0 Sep $0/$0 Oct $0/$0 Nov $0/$0

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      40561 Posts
      Posted: May 15, 2013, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

Yo CT, thanks, I count myself among the very few, I'm sure you are there also,

as are Ridge, Sully16, Piaceri, Astekblue, and many of the regulars,

sorry if I did'nt mention anyone by name.

Coin toss, maybe you could make a poll on this ?

Could always tell everyone I won, come on over, and give my bosses address, hehehehe, I'll be on a beach sipping a margarita.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3474 Posts
        Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:05 pm - IP Logged

"Stones" would have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Most here agree that any jackpot winner is going to be hounded mercilessly, to invite another 142,000+ people to do so (save the very few here who wouldn't) would be insanity.

Considering how often we see comments lamenting the frequency with which winners are hounded for money, it would be an interesting experiment to post that you won and sit back to see what the response is.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: May 15, 2013, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Lol me too.Green laughI can't even pronounce it and I have a minor in English.Bang Head

Unless your major was French you don't need to be embarassed about not recognizing it because of minoring in English.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:06 am - IP Logged

Considering how often we see comments lamenting the frequency with which winners are hounded for money, it would be an interesting experiment to post that you won and sit back to see what the response is.

Just claim you have a winning system and are thinking about sharing numbers with a select few that are really your friends.  Clear your PM box because it will be full the next day.

BobP

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2013, 11:51 am - IP Logged

tell everyone you won,  then   state " if you want to win too email me to buy my    wiining system, then you can join the winners circles "

you  should be left wll alone then.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

PlayToWin47's avatar - Lottery-041.jpg
                Joplin MO
                United States
                Member #138489
                January 28, 2013
                190 Posts
                Posted: May 16, 2013, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

yoho wrote:

If that's your concern, I can assure you that no matter how good a hacker they are, they can't figure out who you are just because you posted on some forum lol. If you're that worried, you can just make a new account and only use it in public computers like a library or something... even if they track down the MAC address (I'm not even sure if that's possible) they'll just know that you posted in the library.

I might do that!!!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                  Bay Area - California
                  United States
                  Member #136477
                  December 12, 2012
                  4108 Posts
                  Posted: May 16, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

"Stones" would have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Most here agree that any jackpot winner is going to be hounded mercilessly, to invite another 142,000+ people to do so (save the very few here who wouldn't) would be insanity.

" Stones" has everything to do with it. You need to understand what having stones implies TC.Instead of cowering in a corner- you would Man-Up and say" Yeah l hit it and l just wanted you folks to know".Stones,  you either have them or you don't.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: May 16, 2013, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

tell everyone you won,  then   state " if you want to win too email me to buy my    wiining system, then you can join the winners circles "

you  should be left wll alone then.

What, no offer to double the offer and pay only additional shipping and handling charges?

United States
                      Member #106134
                      February 13, 2011
                      806 Posts
                      Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

It's such a rare thing that I doubt anyone would believe it anyway lol.  You could probably post a pic of yourself with the winning ticket & likely someone would say "Nice photoshop dude!" Lol

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: May 16, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

It's such a rare thing that I doubt anyone would believe it anyway lol.  You could probably post a pic of yourself with the winning ticket & likely someone would say "Nice photoshop dude!" Lol

Winning "the big one" gets the national spot light, so it should be easy for LP members to get the news.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: May 16, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

" Stones" has everything to do with it. You need to understand what having stones implies TC.Instead of cowering in a corner- you would Man-Up and say" Yeah l hit it and l just wanted you folks to know".Stones,  you either have them or you don't.

noise-gate,

Nice little fantasy you have going but all you're doing is letting your desire for 'stones' override any common sense.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

whiteballz's avatar - Lottery-015.jpg
                            Nutley, New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #131058
                            August 1, 2012
                            875 Posts
                            Posted: May 16, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

Nice little fantasy you have going but all you're doing is letting your desire for 'stones' override any common sense.

you need to be a real man and show your face at the press conference LOL

macho man

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3052 Posts
                              Posted: May 16, 2013, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

I am splitting the jackpot with my mother so I can come on here and tell everyone in my blog that I finally hit the big one.  I just hope that anyone would not ask for help or money because the answer is no way hoser!-weshar75

US Flag