Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lf you won the Big One:Would you have the stones to tell the rest of us so- Y/N?

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 4 years ago by RedStang.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4146 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2013, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

noise-gate,

Nice little fantasy you have going but all you're doing is letting your desire for 'stones' override any common sense.

Coin Toss-

Listen Up...

stones   
refers to the degree to which someone will stand up for them self or what one is responsible for, or, the degree to which one will go to get the job done. At work, having stones can be career-limiting if the company you work for values yes meninstead of people that can actually get something done right. On film or TV, action heroes typically have major stones. However, you can have stones but no brains, which can lead to disastrous consequences if your timing sucks.
Employee (with stones) to Boss (without stones): "Dude, grow some stones and push back on these stupid requests - they are just wasting my time! I can't get this code written in time, you idiot!" 
Boss to Employee: "You're FIRED! But, uh, no, uh, wait, that might get me in trouble because you're the only one who knows how to do this job. Uh, what should I do? 

Relate this to my Original question bud.

Poo Nanny's avatar - 2649029

United States
    Member #125766
    March 30, 2012
    63 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I would not tell a one in here. However, I might give the site a mention at the press conference. Before I get told not to do the press conference, in michigan I can't claim the prize without giving my name out.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2013, 12:49 am - IP Logged

I am splitting the jackpot with my mother so I can come on here and tell everyone in my blog that I finally hit the big one.  I just hope that anyone would not ask for help or money because the answer is no way hoser!-weshar75

US Flag

"...no way hoser!"

LOL Thumbs Up

I didn't even know you were Canadian, weshar75!

CST
        United States
        Member #140593
        March 23, 2013
        26 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2013, 12:55 am - IP Logged

"Stones"... yes.

Tell anyone I don't know... Absolutely not.

So, unless you are my lawyer, accountant, financial planner, or one of my 3 family members or one of my 2 friends of over 20 years, I will not be telling you.

But if I know you, I might take you out to lunch, on me!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10391 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2013, 1:09 am - IP Logged

noise-gate:

From your own post:

"However, you can have stones but no brains, which can lead to disastrous consequences if your timing sucks."

OH THE IRONY.

Thanks for the entertainment.

If you can't see how that relates to your original question, bud,  you need a lot more than luck.

Viel Gluck Meinie Freund, Aber Manchmal Du Bist Eine Grossen Dumbkopf.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3159 Posts
            Posted: May 17, 2013, 1:22 am - IP Logged

I would'nt show the ticket, just the check. Red Devil