Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pennsylvania $500 frenzy

Topic closed. 166 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Chris$.

Page 10 of 12
PrintE-mailLink
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #109275
April 9, 2011
1495 Posts
Posted: July 25, 2013, 10:00 am - IP Logged

Nice job lee! Tonight was out of character for me I wasted $120 in about 15 min!!!!
Yikes that's a bad move. Buying $20 tickets chasing small wins got one $40
Win on a neon 9 but put it all back in like a idiot. I was up by $30 and just
Went to town buying everything.... it was fun until I was like s@#$ I could had
A nice night out with that. Anyway I'm not broke by any stretch but a splurge
Like that with no good wins is depressing. Stupid pa not like it used to be!

Good luck all!

I had one the other day also. Been really good with my small spendings, but when I went to get the new tickets, I also got a $20 Million $$ Match and then stopped to try 11 more from that Frenzy roll. Spent $100 and only got 2-3 small wins on Frenzy for $20 total. Guess it is ok to do it once in awhile. I goto my dads for dinner on Thursdays, so I may try VFC today if my back loosens up.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22978 Posts
    Posted: July 25, 2013, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

just came back from the sunoco and they had yet another 500 winner posted on the wall , this one was today at 5.21pm     they now have 9 tickets of 500 posted

They're like phantoms..I've heard about them but never get one, lol. Just give me ONE symbol to check off on the list
    of symbols to get - if I DO get one, I'll probably quit playing them cause I'll tell you...it's taking a lot of them to find
    just ONE of them. If I had to work on getting another...it'd take another 100 or so or more...sheesh.
    I'd say I've gone through at least that much since they've come out and don't really remember getting anything good..
    maybe a double $50 - something for a hundred but since then, nadda...just $5's or at the most $10's.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

irish78's avatar - Rowlf

United States
      Member #127474
      May 2, 2012
      38 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

I generally don't play frenzy, but I did win 150.00 today playing extreme green! 3 extreme symbold @ 50.00 each.

Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #109275
        April 9, 2011
        1495 Posts
        Posted: July 26, 2013, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

I generally don't play frenzy, but I did win 150.00 today playing extreme green! 3 extreme symbold @ 50.00 each.

Nice win. I still try to mix some of them in when I play. Nice to see a symbol with a decent prize amount.

Chris$'s avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
          P A
          United States
          Member #117331
          October 3, 2011
          6945 Posts
          Posted: August 15, 2013, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Just a theory here but as of now there are:

16, 000+ $500 prizes left = $8 million.

4 top prizes of $100, 000 left. $400, 000

How much you wanna bet the top prizes are all out to be claimed right now
          And a bunch of the $500 prizes will go unclaimed because they will close
          The game and save millions on payouts. I think the game is gonna be completely
          Different than we thought. Pa would pull something shady like that while a ton of prizes
          Are sitting in a warehouse somewhere never to be won. Who knows though?

♠♣♥♦= $$$$

Pittsburgh
            United States
            Member #130933
            July 28, 2012
            249 Posts
            Posted: August 15, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Different than we thought. Pa would pull something shady like that while a ton of prizes

I agree 100%!

I just about gave up on them. Bought one today but haven't scratched yet.

Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #109275
              April 9, 2011
              1495 Posts
              Posted: August 16, 2013, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

What is to keep the lottery from doing this? They say it is audited, but is it really? Do they have to prove what they paid vs what is left in the warehouse? If so then they would have to scratch all the old tickets to prove that big prizes were actually printed. Just seems like it could easily be a sham and get away with it,.

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #109275
                April 9, 2011
                1495 Posts
                Posted: August 16, 2013, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

Picked up my roll tonight. Lady asked if I had a pack preference and I said to grab one. 20 tickets in and only $35 back. I am holding hope that means something large is coming up in the middle or back half. Would love to see a burst :)

Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #109275
                  April 9, 2011
                  1495 Posts
                  Posted: August 16, 2013, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Picked up my roll tonight. Lady asked if I had a pack preference and I said to grab one. 20 tickets in and only $35 back. I am holding hope that means something large is coming up in the middle or back half. Would love to see a burst :)

Stopped at the halfway point for the night. 30 tickets($150) and only $45 back so far. PA generally pays $15-$160 on their $5 rolls, so this better pick up soon.

Pennsylvania
                    United States
                    Member #109275
                    April 9, 2011
                    1495 Posts
                    Posted: August 17, 2013, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Stopped at the halfway point for the night. 30 tickets($150) and only $45 back so far. PA generally pays $15-$160 on their $5 rolls, so this better pick up soon.

As I was scratching my 1st 30 tickets, I was thinking about the teacher who buys the rolls in Summer School and retires. Well I am channeling through the TV guide menu and I see the movie comes on at 12:30am(25minutes from now). Maybe it is an omen :)

Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #109275
                      April 9, 2011
                      1495 Posts
                      Posted: August 17, 2013, 12:18 am - IP Logged

So with the movie coming on I decide to scratch one more ticket. ticket 030 has 5 matches @$20 a pop for $100. That's more like it. Pack is now paid $145 in $155 worth of tickets.  Here is the dilemma. I know I can return the rest of the pack and settle for the $10 loss or keep on scratching. Would hate to give it back and find out there is a $500 winner or something. Think I will keep it :)

Pittsburgh
                        United States
                        Member #130933
                        July 28, 2012
                        249 Posts
                        Posted: August 17, 2013, 5:13 am - IP Logged

So with the movie coming on I decide to scratch one more ticket. ticket 030 has 5 matches @$20 a pop for $100. That's more like it. Pack is now paid $145 in $155 worth of tickets.  Here is the dilemma. I know I can return the rest of the pack and settle for the $10 loss or keep on scratching. Would hate to give it back and find out there is a $500 winner or something. Think I will keep it :)

Good job on the $100!! Hopefully you'll find a $500 also.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                          Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #74096
                          May 2, 2009
                          22978 Posts
                          Posted: August 17, 2013, 8:49 am - IP Logged

Excellent theory Chris$ and I'm sure you are 100% correct. They can advertise bunches of lower tiered prizes but
                          it certainly doesn't mean they have to pay them out or distribute them or most of them in the beginning or middle
                          of the run period or before the top prizes are claimed. Shady SOB's...I do not put anything like that past them.

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #109275
                            April 9, 2011
                            1495 Posts
                            Posted: August 17, 2013, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Good job on the $100!! Hopefully you'll find a $500 also.

The pack paid back $205 if I didn't miss anything. I am going to chart the pack in Excel and check all the losers with the self scanner. Tickets 030-039 I believe had $145 of the $205. Seems right since everytime I would buy Frenzy or buy in bulk, it seems like a bunch of losers. Guess the packs aren't spread evenly and you need to hope for that "hot" section. I think I will go back to the store next to work to cash them. If he has 1 more pack, I might buy it. If he has 2 more packs, I will stop and not get any more.  He told me the other day no one hit $500 there, so maybe he i due. I think this is the most I ever got back on a $5 roll. Usually I am between $150-$160. Crazy to think the worst game ever had the best roll payout. Will let you know later if I get more.

Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #109275
                              April 9, 2011
                              1495 Posts
                              Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:56 am - IP Logged

The pack paid back $205 if I didn't miss anything. I am going to chart the pack in Excel and check all the losers with the self scanner. Tickets 030-039 I believe had $145 of the $205. Seems right since everytime I would buy Frenzy or buy in bulk, it seems like a bunch of losers. Guess the packs aren't spread evenly and you need to hope for that "hot" section. I think I will go back to the store next to work to cash them. If he has 1 more pack, I might buy it. If he has 2 more packs, I will stop and not get any more.  He told me the other day no one hit $500 there, so maybe he i due. I think this is the most I ever got back on a $5 roll. Usually I am between $150-$160. Crazy to think the worst game ever had the best roll payout. Will let you know later if I get more.

Turns out I missed 2-$5 winners(guess this is what I get for scracting at 2am). That put me to $215. However my total was $235, so that means I missed 2nd matches on some tickets. Man I am bad with that. I have perfect eyes, so I must rush through them.lol $235 is pretty decent return on a pack. Wish I knew where the extra $20 was so I could properly make an Excel file, but I didn't self scan those, just handed them over.

Page 10 of 12