Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Collecting prize money at the Store Problem

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #129868
June 30, 2012
2452 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

You ask a stupid question and then get OFFENDED because you don't like the answers?

And because people wonder why you didn't say thank you for answering your stupid question?

Let me be honest with you, everybody was going out of their way to be diplomatic and polite in answering a question that seemed like it came from a two year old.

NO, YOU DON"T HAVE TO SPLIT YOUR WINNINGS WITH THE CLERK!

How's that, numbnuts?

I Agree!

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4791 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Your an ass hole <snip> you.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Are you serious? You have experienced lottery players taking the time to analyze and respond to your issue and then you rant about it? Grow up! Stick with playing cooties! You also sound eerily similar to another LP member who goes crazy when people respond to his posts.

J'aime La France.

United States
      Member #129868
      June 30, 2012
      2452 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Harley, you asked a question, and people replied. Maybe the topic did get off a bit, but that is to be expected when you are on a message board! If you want a controlled, simple answer, then perhaps you should be typing your question into Google.

I Agree!

Totally stupid question, probably couldn't have thought of a better topic, shame on.  Furthermore, he probably knew the answer, as dumb as it was.  Why on earth would a store clerk get to be able to collect half your winnings.  Even conceding the benefit of the doubt, he at least a had a feeling, and it should of been leaning towards NO!

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
        Winning makes me smile.
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4870 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

your all loosers for getting to annoyed at they're grammer.

(And yes, I do know how to spell grammar)

Lighten up everyone!!! There are no stupid questions. Judging by the OP's original question, I would say he/she is an

inexperienced player who was concerned about getting scammed or ripped off by clerks who recognized that inexperience.

So they asked a simple question hoping for an intelligent answer. That is no reason to insult anyone. Not everyone that first

joins this site is a lottery expert. I wasn't and you weren't either. Give them a break...

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
          Member #129868
          June 30, 2012
          2452 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2013, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Lighten up everyone!!! There are no stupid questions. Judging by the OP's original question, I would say he/she is an

inexperienced player who was concerned about getting scammed or ripped off by clerks who recognized that inexperience.

So they asked a simple question hoping for an intelligent answer. That is no reason to insult anyone. Not everyone that first

joins this site is a lottery expert. I wasn't and you weren't either. Give them a break...

It was a rhetorical question.  And if I was so concerned about being scammed, I would call the lottery HQ itself rather than relying on a message board.  For thats the most appropriate route.  Without a shadow of a doubt, he will confirm this more so than by a post.  By the way no one insulted him, they attacked the question.  Being to sensitive nowadays, makes it harder to tell the truth.  And it doesn't take an lottery expert to know, no one keeps half your winnings.  Sorry.

Winning makes me smile.
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            4870 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

It was a rhetorical question.  And if I was so concerned about being scammed, I would call the lottery HQ itself rather than relying on a message board.  For thats the most appropriate route.  Without a shadow of a doubt, he will confirm this more so than by a post.  By the way no one insulted him, they attacked the question.  Being to sensitive nowadays, makes it harder to tell the truth.  And it doesn't take an lottery expert to know, no one keeps half your winnings.  Sorry.

There are plenty of crooked clerks looking to rip people off. We've all heard the stories, seen it on dateline etc. There are

people that don't gamble, that have never played before that have no clue, and buy a ticket because of a huge jackpot. How

many times have you received a spam email telling you, you won XX million dollars, send us a fee and we'll send you the

money? People fall for it. Everyone here knows it's BS, but it still happens and they're embarassed as hell to admit it. But it

still happens nevertheless.  Sometimes the easiest way to find out something is to google it, which is probably how they 

ended up here. So, I still say there are no stupid questions. Cut him some slack.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4791 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

There are plenty of crooked clerks looking to rip people off. We've all heard the stories, seen it on dateline etc. There are

people that don't gamble, that have never played before that have no clue, and buy a ticket because of a huge jackpot. How

many times have you received a spam email telling you, you won XX million dollars, send us a fee and we'll send you the

money? People fall for it. Everyone here knows it's BS, but it still happens and they're embarassed as hell to admit it. But it

still happens nevertheless.  Sometimes the easiest way to find out something is to google it, which is probably how they 

ended up here. So, I still say there are no stupid questions. Cut him some slack.

I don't have a problem with his question at all. My issue is with his name calling when people were trying to give him a response.

J'aime La France.

United States
                Member #129868
                June 30, 2012
                2452 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Well, I apologize if I wasn't being hard.  This wasn't my aim at all.  Its just really hard for me to accept that someone should receive half of your jackpot winnings.  I get where you coming from, but just know no one is going to dupe me, my duping days are over..lol..see you around.

United States
                  Member #128790
                  June 2, 2012
                  5431 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Your right to. Don't let the loosers get too you. They're grammer is not that bad. Big Grin

Toronto
                    Canada
                    Member #138397
                    January 26, 2013
                    179 Posts
                    Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Your right to. Don't let the loosers get too you. They're grammer is not that bad. Big Grin

It's get too u, not get to you. Get it write man Big Smile

EDIT: looks like you edited before I posted =/

Winning makes me smile.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      4870 Posts
                      Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

I don't have a problem with his question at all. My issue is with his name calling when people were trying to give him a response.

I hate to say it, but we (LP'ers) started it. Reread page one of the thread. It starts about 1/2 way down.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3855 Posts
                        Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

It's get too u, not get to you. Get it write man Big Smile

EDIT: looks like you edited before I posted =/

Get it right man. LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3855 Posts
                          Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

Don't forget too and to!

Artist77

you forgot "two"

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3855 Posts
                            Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

no. people not knowing the difference between, "you're" and "your" is a pet peeve. They mean very different things.

Another one is "yore" but you don't see that as often.

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4791 Posts
                              Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Artist77

you forgot "two"

oh yea!  lol.  Thanks.

J'aime La France.