Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Collecting prize money at the Store Problem

Topic closed. 88 replies. Last post 4 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 4 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
grwurston's avatar - 144
Let's Go Rangers!!!
bel air maryland
United States
Member #90251
April 24, 2010
4882 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

Another one is "yore" but you don't see that as often.

But then...there is than...   Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

oh yea!  lol.  Thanks.

Ya know, some of the yahoo posters are the worst for word usage,

gotten so bad, many times I read right over it and don't notice it,

its like my brain is auto-correcting as I read .

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
      Member #128790
      June 2, 2012
      5431 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2013, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I think that we must put correct English aside and figure how to win the p-3 on a regular basis.

I don't care if you use sign language to convey your winning strategy, just as long as the message is sent, received, and understood.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
        Member #121745
        January 16, 2012
        4806 Posts
        Posted: May 28, 2013, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

It's get too u, not get to you. Get it write man Big Smile

EDIT: looks like you edited before I posted =/

ummm no....it is: don't let the losers get wit u.

J'aime La France.

grwurston's avatar - 144
          Let's Go Rangers!!!
          bel air maryland
          United States
          Member #90251
          April 24, 2010
          4882 Posts
          Posted: May 28, 2013, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I think that we must put correct English aside and figure how to win the p-3 on a regular basis.

I don't care if you use sign language to convey your winning strategy, just as long as the message is sent, received, and understood.

Good example of a brain study. If you can read this you have a strong mind. And will win the lottery.Green laugh

7H1S M3554G3

53RV35 70 PROV3

HOW OUR M1ND5 C4N

DO 4M4Z1ING 7H1NG5!

1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!

1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG

17 WA5 H4RD BU7

NOW, ON 7HI5 LIN3

YOUR M1ND 1S

R34D1NG 17

4U7OM471C4LLY

W1TH OU7 3V3N

7H1NK1NG 4BOU7 17,

B3 PROUD! ONLY

C3R74IN P3OPL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.

PL3453 FORW4RD 1F

U C4N R34D 7H15.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
            Member #128790
            June 2, 2012
            5431 Posts
            Posted: May 28, 2013, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

The fractal within.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: May 28, 2013, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Lighten up everyone!!! There are no stupid questions. Judging by the OP's original question, I would say he/she is an

inexperienced player who was concerned about getting scammed or ripped off by clerks who recognized that inexperience.

So they asked a simple question hoping for an intelligent answer. That is no reason to insult anyone. Not everyone that first

joins this site is a lottery expert. I wasn't and you weren't either. Give them a break...

Nobody said anything about his stupid question until after he insulted everybody saying we looked stupid from the answers we gave. That is when I responded in kind saying he asked a stupid question.

I don't know what thread you were reading but you got this one all backwards. Better read it again.

He was the first one to call stupid, not us.

And he got bounced for being an idiot anyway so who cares?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: May 28, 2013, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

There are plenty of crooked clerks looking to rip people off. We've all heard the stories, seen it on dateline etc. There are

people that don't gamble, that have never played before that have no clue, and buy a ticket because of a huge jackpot. How

many times have you received a spam email telling you, you won XX million dollars, send us a fee and we'll send you the

money? People fall for it. Everyone here knows it's BS, but it still happens and they're embarassed as hell to admit it. But it

still happens nevertheless.  Sometimes the easiest way to find out something is to google it, which is probably how they 

ended up here. So, I still say there are no stupid questions. Cut him some slack.

"Cut him some slack."

Cut him all the slack you want, he ain't gonna know it.

When you see somebody's avatar is gone it means they got the boot.

You should know that by now.

You can stop sticking up for him now, he's gone, take a break.

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: May 28, 2013, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Thank you!  I thought I was the only one that was annoyed by that.

No your not the only one.Jester

Any way i say dat da clerk shuld git wats cumming to him for tacking yore money mr harley. Hit With Stick 

Next time the clerk takes a dollar, just walk to the fridge and take a soda.

United States
                    Member #143269
                    May 29, 2013
                    10 Posts
                    Posted: May 30, 2013, 8:38 am - IP Logged

LOL

United States
                      Member #143269
                      May 29, 2013
                      10 Posts
                      Posted: May 30, 2013, 8:35 pm - IP Logged

Let’s analyze this post

Here is the question. (An example You win one number + the Mega number should equal $2.00 (Is this correct). Is the store suppose to keep half?)

This is a very straight forward simple question.

The second post on page one was a good answer.

The third and fourth post started to go off in a not so good direction.

The third post (Then spit a wad o' BEECH-NUT in that dude's eye.)

The fourth post (and then shoot him in the G'nads.)

The fifth post, what does Google glasses have to do with the question or the answer.

The sixth post was a good answer.

The seventh and eighth posts again with the Google glasses.

I have no idea what the ninth was even added. Has nothing to do with the question.

The tenth and eleventh posts were good answers.

The twelfth post opened the door for insults (even thou it wasn’t an insult.)

The thirteenth post was a mild insult. (Looks like Harley51 lost interest.) The fourteenth post is where the insults started (Quote: Nah, he's busy looking for a new job since the store clerk gig didn't workout for him.)

Harlkey51 response: (I didn't lose my password or find a new clerk job. The reason I haven't responded is this post has gone totally out of control. It was a simple question and some of you people started going in an unknown direction. In fact some of the people that responded should look at how stupid they sound. This post needs to close.)

I highlighted what I thought was directed at posts 5, 7, 8. (Whish the answers had nothing to do with the question at all.)

As far as using the word stupid. I would have used the words not very professional or useless comments.

Post 20 should have never been posted (You ask a stupid question and then get OFFENDED because you don't like the answers?

And because people wonder why you didn't say thank you for answering your stupid question?

Let me be honest with you, everybody was going out of their way to be diplomatic and polite in answering a question that seemed like it came from a two year old.

NO, YOU DON"T HAVE TO SPLIT YOUR WINNINGS WITH THE CLERK!

How's that, numbnuts? ( Just plain rude.)

The 52 second post written by rdgrnr (Quote: Nobody said anything about his stupid question until after he insulted everybody saying we looked stupid from the answers we gave. That is when I responded in kind saying he asked a stupid question.

(we looked stupid.) Where anywhere did Harley51 say this. (Quote: In fact some of the people that responded should look at how stupid they sound.

And if you really read the first page you’ll see the answers that he’s referring to.

The rest of the posts speak for their self if you read them.

Very interesting forum here.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4806 Posts
                        Posted: May 30, 2013, 9:26 pm - IP Logged

Let’s analyze this post

Here is the question. (An example You win one number + the Mega number should equal $2.00 (Is this correct). Is the store suppose to keep half?)

The fifth post, what does Google glasses have to do with the question or the answer.

I have no idea what the ninth was even added. Has nothing to do with the question.

The thirteenth post was a mild insult. (Looks like Harley51 lost interest.) The fourteenth post is where the insults started (Quote: Nah, he's busy looking for a new job since the store clerk gig didn't workout for him.)

Harlkey51 response: (I didn't lose my password or find a new clerk job. The reason I haven't responded is this post has gone totally out of control. It was a simple question and some of you people started going in an unknown direction. In fact some of the people that responded should look at how stupid they sound. This post needs to close.)

I highlighted what I thought was directed at posts 5, 7, 8. (Whish the answers had nothing to do with the question at all.)

As far as using the word stupid. I would have used the words not very professional or useless comments.

Post 20 should have never been posted (You ask a stupid question and then get OFFENDED because you don't like the answers?

And because people wonder why you didn't say thank you for answering your stupid question?

Let me be honest with you, everybody was going out of their way to be diplomatic and polite in answering a question that seemed like it came from a two year old.

The 52 second post written by rdgrnr (Quote: Nobody said anything about his stupid question until after he insulted everybody saying we looked stupid from the answers we gave. That is when I responded in kind saying he asked a stupid question.

(we looked stupid.) Where anywhere did Harley51 say this. (Quote: In fact some of the people that responded should look at how stupid they sound.

And if you really read the first page you’ll see the answers that he’s referring to.

BMJ:  Have a fair amount of time on your hands, eh?

J'aime La France.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 30, 2013, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

BMJ:  Have a fair amount of time on your hands, eh?

LOL, somebody needs a hobby.

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7322 Posts
                            Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Let’s analyze this post

"(we looked stupid.) Where anywhere did Harley51 say this. (Quote: In fact some of the people that responded should look at how stupid they sound."

Speaking of "looking stupid", I pretty sure the majority of LP members read the posts and don't listen to them. Since the none of the posts I read made any sounds, it's impossible for them to sound stupid.

You got three posts with your other ID; how many do you think you'll get using this one?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                              u$a
                              United States
                              Member #106665
                              February 22, 2011
                              19911 Posts
                              Posted: May 30, 2013, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

If the clerk kept half he ripped you off.

Notify the Lottery.

Then spit a wad o' BEECH-NUT in that dude's eye.

you feeling mean tonightEvil Looking