Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should Gloria Share With Mindy?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #90131
April 22, 2010
38 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2013, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Gloria would not have won the PB jackpot, had Mindy not let her ahead in line.  So should Gloria share with Mindy and if so, how much?

Jerry B

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    rekjavik
    Iceland
    Member #99537
    October 27, 2010
    177 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2013, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

in a perfect world yes..... the reality is, that someones kindness was a factor in the win.

so why not give a good thank you?  Cheers

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19740 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2013, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Gloria would not have won the PB jackpot, had Mindy not let her ahead in line.  So should Gloria share with Mindy and if so, how much?

There are always consequences for your actionsYes Nod

Georgia
        United States
        Member #136375
        December 9, 2012
        112 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2013, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

If it was me I would share the winnings because they had let me in front.  However, first someone would have to let me infront of them to buy a ticket and I can honestly say that the probability of that ever happening to me will be never. Since, I am the person who usually lets someone in front of me and I know that they would never share the winnings with me, but all is good because I know I have done good.

Sun Smiley

Georgia
          United States
          Member #136375
          December 9, 2012
          112 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2013, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

There are always consequences for your actionsYes Nod

I Agree!

with this also.

johnjohnson's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
            Philadelphia, PA
            United States
            Member #140550
            March 21, 2013
            14 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

She is 84 years old, i dont think she wants this clouding over her head before her time comes. If i was her age and in her position - I would give this kind woman 1M dollars and be free from any thoughts of guilt or regret.

aquar's avatar - Lottery-052.jpg
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #115306
              August 17, 2011
              746 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Well Gloria did jump in front of Cindy in the line. Yes she should give her something.

Sherita's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                Vtracs is My Game!
                Georgia
                United States
                Member #3617
                February 6, 2004
                7415 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

She is 84 years old, i dont think she wants this clouding over her head before her time comes. If i was her age and in her position - I would give this kind woman 1M dollars and be free from any thoughts of guilt or regret.

Was Mindy going to purchase Quik Pics for the drawing too? If so, there is no guarantee that they going to be the winners of the Jackpot. In this case, someone can argue that the person in FRONT of her should be given something too.

My answer is No!

No feelings of Guilt or Regrets... 

Congrats To All Winners and Posters!

LurkingWe are all in it to win!  My Pet numbers 103,724,152,397,189,118,205.

Ga Lottery Player!

Hot-Due-Cold. Short Sums/Last Digit Sum. Pairs. Vtracs. Vtrac Pairs. SUM OF VTRACS CHART.

Don't forget to FLIP 6/9 in all WORKOUTS!  66=99=69. Vtracs Code sheets available....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

No, she should share with me instead 'cause by not buying any ticket which would have won has I played, I allowed her to win.  I'm willing to prove in court that I didn't buy a ticket.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

While most everyone agrees that Gloria did not take the winning numbers from Mindy, there is cause and effect here. The butterfly effect on a micro scale. But there is no obligation or liability, and Gloria should not feel obligated or pressured to give anything.

But considering the unique circumstances of the publicity of the place in line swap and the largest single jackpot ever, I would think it's a good thing to do. If Gloria did want to preserve her Karma, it might be a nice gesture to give Mindy something. No matter what, you can't take it with you. 

This is how is can be done:

Wait a few months until the frenzy has settled down, and you have your finances and trust in order, and have apportioned winnings for your family and planned the rest of your life. Then, have a private investigator check out Mindy and her family to make sure they are not deadbeats and worthy of such a gesture. Then have a Brinks car show up on Mindy's doorstep with a briefcase full of cash, $100,000 should be sufficient. This is all done anonymously and you never confirm anything. But they'll know...Karma knows.

Columbia, SC
                      United States
                      Member #135285
                      November 21, 2012
                      584 Posts
                      Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

She is not obligated to pay Mindy anything, but I feel she should. Even though Mindy more than likely would not have won, she allowed this woman to  cut in line which allowed her to be at the right place at the right time. She even credits Mindy for the win. If she feels that way, it would not hurt her to help her out some. She has half a billion dollars for goodness sakes! It wouldn't hurt her to give her a nice monetary thank you to help make her life a little easer.  But as i mentioned on another thread, if she cut in line on purprose, then she may have one of those "it's all about me" mentalities. I sure hope not. 

I noticed she is only splitting the money with one child..Has anyone read how or if the other children are reacting? I wonder why she is only splitting with one child and how the others feel about this.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

sully16's avatar - sharan
                        Ringleader
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #81740
                        October 28, 2009
                        40295 Posts
                        Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

No, she should share with me instead 'cause by not buying any ticket which would have won has I played, I allowed her to win.  I'm willing to prove in court that I didn't buy a ticket.

LOL, Thats funny

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Columbia, SC
                          United States
                          Member #135285
                          November 21, 2012
                          584 Posts
                          Posted: June 8, 2013, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

While most everyone agrees that Gloria did not take the winning numbers from Mindy, there is cause and effect here. The butterfly effect on a micro scale. But there is no obligation or liability, and Gloria should not feel obligated or pressured to give anything.

But considering the unique circumstances of the publicity of the place in line swap and the largest single jackpot ever, I would think it's a good thing to do. If Gloria did want to preserve her Karma, it might be a nice gesture to give Mindy something. No matter what, you can't take it with you. 

This is how is can be done:

Wait a few months until the frenzy has settled down, and you have your finances and trust in order, and have apportioned winnings for your family and planned the rest of your life. Then, have a private investigator check out Mindy and her family to make sure they are not deadbeats and worthy of such a gesture. Then have a Brinks car show up on Mindy's doorstep with a briefcase full of cash, $100,000 should be sufficient. This is all done anonymously and you never confirm anything. But they'll know...Karma knows.

VERY well said!!

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Chicago
                            United States
                            Member #90131
                            April 22, 2010
                            38 Posts
                            Posted: June 8, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

Well... since Mindy's ignorant co-workers think she screwed them over, I think I would give Mindy just enough money so she can quit her job.

Jerry B

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #94283
                              July 17, 2010
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: June 8, 2013, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I'd have been inclined to give her something till she started the passive aggressive manipulation bullcrap.  After she went on her publicity stunt, I think I'd dig my heels in and refuse to give her a penny.  In fact, I might even call her a liar and a scammer, and tell the world it wasn't even Mindy who let me in line.  But that's just me.  Naughty