Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should Gloria Share With Mindy?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Artist77.

Page 3 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
Beautiful Florida
United States
Member #5709
July 18, 2004
20107 Posts
Posted: June 9, 2013, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Mindy, is not entitled to anything. There is NO court in this land that is going to say different. Now, if Gloria wanted to give Mindy anything, that would be her perogative, and her's alone. 

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
    Member #70550
    February 5, 2009
    120 Posts
    Posted: June 9, 2013, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Yes, Gloria should share with Mindy only if she has a kind conscious like Mindy

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: June 9, 2013, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

What if she cut in front of me?  I don't even buy PB tickets.  Would she owe me money? 

LOL

I said it on other threads - if Mindy was standing in line to buy PB tickets and Gloria cut in front of her, then I believe Gloria should give her some money.  Too bad it wasn't the other way around, that is, that Mindy won because Gloria cut in front of her.  We don't know what really happened, however.

Maybe someday someone will win a large jackpot and say they would like to thank the kind person who cut in front of them to buy the losing ticket instead of the winner they bought.

It would be interesting to see if any one comes to ABC news and admit they was the person who cut in front of the winner to buy the losers and has no regrets.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Columbia, SC
        United States
        Member #135285
        November 21, 2012
        584 Posts
        Posted: June 9, 2013, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

I think Gloria should do what her heart tells her to do.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: June 9, 2013, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

I think Gloria should do what her heart tells her to do.

She would probably do better doing what her lawyers and accountants tell her rather than her heart.

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4103 Posts
            Posted: June 9, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I noticed she is only splitting the money with one child

I read somewhere that they made a pact that if either of them won, they would split the ticket.

That's what pacts mean Red. If you were Gloria's child and she made a pact with you- it would mean no one else is included,  would Red object to a whole bunch of other people being included?
            I seriously doubt it,  but then again you could be a breed apart.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #94283
              July 17, 2010
              2284 Posts
              Posted: June 9, 2013, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

Yes, Gloria should share with Mindy only if she has a kind conscious like Mindy

And what makes you think Mindy has a "kind conscious"?

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #94283
                July 17, 2010
                2284 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2013, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

What if she cut in front of me?  I don't even buy PB tickets.  Would she owe me money? 

LOL

I said it on other threads - if Mindy was standing in line to buy PB tickets and Gloria cut in front of her, then I believe Gloria should give her some money.  Too bad it wasn't the other way around, that is, that Mindy won because Gloria cut in front of her.  We don't know what really happened, however.

Yes, she would owe you money.

And just think about all those 94 year olds who've been playing the lottery 10 years longer, and who still lost out to Ms Whosit!  She cut in their line too, and owes them big time!  She should give each of them a million dollars and a sincere apology for what she did.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                  California
                  United States
                  Member #112364
                  June 17, 2011
                  661 Posts
                  Posted: June 9, 2013, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

She would probably do better doing what her lawyers and accountants tell her rather than her heart.

Mindy was supposed to be buying tickets for an office pool which would make awarding her money far more complicated. Her coworkers would also want the money.

Columbia, SC
                    United States
                    Member #135285
                    November 21, 2012
                    584 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2013, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

It's HER money, so if she feels in her heart to pay Mindy something, then she should have that right!! The LAST person I would trust with matters of the heart is a LAWYER!! You'd think he would've suggested she not even mention the incident beforehand.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7295 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2013, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Gloria brought attention to Mindy- no one would be talking about her if not for the winner mentioning her. Suddenly Mindy is going on a press tour .
                      You better believe that if Gloria gave her a Million dollars,  some lowlifes would say she should have given her $10 mil.You give a mouse a  cookie- next they gonna want a glass of milk.
                      Gloria owes Mindy..0

Actually it was Mindy who brought attention to Mindy after hearing the Lottery spokesperson tell Gloria's story about someone giving her their place in line. There were almost one quarter of a billion tickets sold for that drawing and probably hundreds of other similar stories and many probably more interesting. The difference here is Gloria won the jackpot.

Since Gloria didn't speak with the press, the spokesperson probably asked her if anything unusual happened to have something to tell the press and it's possible this story might be an exaggeration of what really happened. If Gloria believes she won because Mindy gave up her place in line, maybe Gloria will offer her a reward and how much depends on Gloria.

The numbers on Gloria's ticket were just numbers before the drawing; how did Mindy turn those numbers into a $370 jackpot?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19816 Posts
                        Posted: June 9, 2013, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Mindy was supposed to be buying tickets for an office pool which would make awarding her money far more complicated. Her coworkers would also want the money.

Mindy might not want anything if she would have to share it with an office pool although they shouldn't expect her to share any reward she received for an act of kindness.

Evil Looking       

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4103 Posts
                          Posted: June 9, 2013, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Actually it was Mindy who brought attention to Mindy after hearing the Lottery spokesperson tell Gloria's story about someone giving her their place in line. There were almost one quarter of a billion tickets sold for that drawing and probably hundreds of other similar stories and many probably more interesting. The difference here is Gloria won the jackpot.

Since Gloria didn't speak with the press, the spokesperson probably asked her if anything unusual happened to have something to tell the press and it's possible this story might be an exaggeration of what really happened. If Gloria believes she won because Mindy gave up her place in line, maybe Gloria will offer her a reward and how much depends on Gloria.

The numbers on Gloria's ticket were just numbers before the drawing; how did Mindy turn those numbers into a $370 jackpot?

If Gloria believes she won because Mindy gave up her place in line, maybe Gloria will offer her a reward and how much depends on Gloria.

- Unlikely to happen, and if it did: it will be hush hush ( l think)

Ultimately: Gloria owes Mindy $0.00. If Mindy wants to continuing dreaming that the winning ticket was destined to end up with her and her co workers, well cherish that dream, because it is just that... a dream.

Hey l dream of being in Maui right now- aint gonna happen, but its " my" dream and there is nothing anyone can say or do about it...right?

Same thing with the Mindyster.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                            California
                            United States
                            Member #112364
                            June 17, 2011
                            661 Posts
                            Posted: June 9, 2013, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

It's HER money, so if she feels in her heart to pay Mindy something, then she should have that right!! The LAST person I would trust with matters of the heart is a LAWYER!! You'd think he would've suggested she not even mention the incident beforehand.

Why she shouldn't listen to her lawyer, then why should she hire a lawyer in the first place?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4784 Posts
                              Posted: June 9, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Why she shouldn't listen to her lawyer, then why should she hire a lawyer in the first place?

Her attorney would not likely recommend giving Mindy any money unless she signed a non-disclosure agreement and agreed to confidentiality. Do you think Mindy could keep quiet?  Once this info became public, it would set up very bad precedent for every asking for money from her.it

One hires an attorney so the winner does not have to deal with the press and it allows one to hopefully fade a bit into the background. An attorney will handle all media inquires (which, after her initial press conference, will likely be just a no comment to from now on or no response at all) and people who want some of her money or want to sell her something. I know some people think well I will not need an attorney in that case but there is a saying that "a person who represents himself, has a fool for a client." This also gives her an out, if someone approaches her by allowing her to say call my attorney.  An no, an attorney is not going to be engaging in conversations with 99.9% of all these callers and running up a bill unless there are some potential legal claims (no matter how frivolous). An admin. asst. or paralegal will likely compile these calls and most will just end up answered (as they should be). There is no obligation for her attorney to even respond to these callers.

J'aime La France.