Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should Gloria Share With Mindy?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Artist77.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4144 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2013, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

Gloria owes Mindy absolutely nothing. Someone pointed out earlier in the week that the RNG is changing QP numbers in nano seconds....its a non issue at this point.
Stepping in front of someone to buy a ticket is no guarantee that winning ticket would have ended up in Mindy"s possession.
It's all wishful thinking.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19895 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

After reading Mindy's story I'm not sure if she was standing in line or standing in the way.  How could she be standing in line and not notice someone stepping in front of her?  Had others stepped in front of her before Gloria?  She said her daughter mentioned it as she was tending to one of her other kids and didn't notice.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Mulberry, Fl
      United States
      Member #143632
      June 8, 2013
      1 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2013, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Gloria would not have won the PB jackpot, had Mindy not let her ahead in line.  So should Gloria share with Mindy and if so, how much?

She should absolutely give her at least one million. But she won't. What kind of person cuts in front of others?   A selfish one! What kind of mother shares with only one of her children and then makes a point of the fact that she "agreed to share" because she promised him she would?  A selfish one. She won more money than she could possibly spend before she goes to meet her Maker and should do the right thing. I would love to start a petition to encourage her to do so. Imagine how you would feel if she cut in front of you. Struggling to raise your family and some selfish person cuts in front of you and wins? I couldn't put that $1,000,000 in her hands gladly fast enough.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
        Bay Area - California
        United States
        Member #136477
        December 12, 2012
        4144 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2013, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

She should absolutely give her at least one million. But she won't. What kind of person cuts in front of others?   A selfish one! What kind of mother shares with only one of her children and then makes a point of the fact that she "agreed to share" because she promised him she would?  A selfish one. She won more money than she could possibly spend before she goes to meet her Maker and should do the right thing. I would love to start a petition to encourage her to do so. Imagine how you would feel if she cut in front of you. Struggling to raise your family and some selfish person cuts in front of you and wins? I couldn't put that $1,000,000 in her hands gladly fast enough.

Gloria brought attention to Mindy- no one would be talking about her if not for the winner mentioning her. Suddenly Mindy is going on a press tour .
        You better believe that if Gloria gave her a Million dollars,  some lowlifes would say she should have given her $10 mil.You give a mouse a  cookie- next they gonna want a glass of milk.
        Gloria owes Mindy..0

United States
          Member #128790
          June 2, 2012
          5431 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Gloria would not have won the PB jackpot, had Mindy not let her ahead in line.  So should Gloria share with Mindy and if so, how much?

There is no guarantee that the person who let Gloria cut in line would win. Maybe Gloria doesn't play the lottery and the next person behind her who did play win the JP. Or, depending on how the Random Number generator works in Florida, Gloria may have not gotten the winning numbers.

I believe that some states store a predetermined amount of QPs in the store's lottery machine waiting to be taken. I know this because in one state I used to live, a friend of mine who worked at a liquor store showed me a display on the computer of the next 10 or so p-3 combos, had I chosen QPs. I have no idea if other states work like this, such as Florida, but one one must take into consideration the possiblities.

Finally, if there are states where they don't store 10 or 20 QPs in the machine, that means that there are states that get brand new numbers everytime a request is made for QPs. This means that the winning JP numbers could've easily been claimed by someone in another state, Imagine this, had Mindy not let her cut in line, Mindy, if she even plays the lottery, hesitates just a fraction of a second before requesting her QPs. That would be enough for the computer to give those winning numbers to some other person, maybe in another state.

Gloria's timing was just as remarkable as her win. One nano second before or after, and the reaction time of the clerk punching in that request for the ticket could've meant a loss.

I'm sure there are many other butterfly effect possibilities I left out.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Is it 100% guaranteed that had the lady not gone in front, that the other lady (the one who didn't win) would have won?

Do we know exactly how these QP generators work, where they are already determined and simply waiting to be picked out? I figured that it was because the QP was bought at that exact moment that it had those numbers. Meaning a second before or a second after and it would have been different numbers. So the lady who won, won because she was able to cut in line, but that lady who let her cut in line wouldn't have won anyways because of the timing.

Of course it would be nice if she shared, and I probably would simply because the circumstances, but I think we'd be getting towards other people thinking they are owed something because if the person in front of them hadn't of been there, they would have won.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2013, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I dont believe her family and/or advisors would let her....it's a scam ma dont give her nothin...I can hear them saying that now LOL

Korea, Republic of
                Member #143639
                June 8, 2013
                6 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

I think she should share the jackpot prize just a little tiny bit. I would share if I won that big of a jackpot.

Columbia, SC
                  United States
                  Member #135285
                  November 21, 2012
                  584 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2013, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

I wish the show Candid Camera was still on air. It would be hilarious if they could discreetly find out when Mindy was purchasing some Powerball tickets and have someone cut in line ahead of her...I'd love to see the reaction we'd get.

"If you can DREAM it, you can DO it!"- Walt Disney

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19895 Posts
                    Posted: June 8, 2013, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I think she should share the jackpot prize just a little tiny bit. I would share if I won that big of a jackpot.

Thing is you've never won a lottery jackpot so you don't know what you would really do.  If you ever do win one, no one will ever know you wrote this because you used some made up name you would never use to claim a lottery jackpot.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                      California
                      United States
                      Member #112364
                      June 17, 2011
                      661 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2013, 1:40 am - IP Logged

If I were Gloria, I would gave her a million dollars.
                      If I were Mindy, I would not come out and if Gloria finds me, I would kindly refuse the reward.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: June 9, 2013, 1:43 am - IP Logged

What if she cut in front of me?  I don't even buy PB tickets.  Would she owe me money? 

LOL

I said it on other threads - if Mindy was standing in line to buy PB tickets and Gloria cut in front of her, then I believe Gloria should give her some money.  Too bad it wasn't the other way around, that is, that Mindy won because Gloria cut in front of her.  We don't know what really happened, however.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                          California
                          United States
                          Member #112364
                          June 17, 2011
                          661 Posts
                          Posted: June 9, 2013, 1:52 am - IP Logged

She is not obligated to pay Mindy anything, but I feel she should. Even though Mindy more than likely would not have won, she allowed this woman to  cut in line which allowed her to be at the right place at the right time. She even credits Mindy for the win. If she feels that way, it would not hurt her to help her out some. She has half a billion dollars for goodness sakes! It wouldn't hurt her to give her a nice monetary thank you to help make her life a little easer.  But as i mentioned on another thread, if she cut in line on purprose, then she may have one of those "it's all about me" mentalities. I sure hope not. 

I noticed she is only splitting the money with one child..Has anyone read how or if the other children are reacting? I wonder why she is only splitting with one child and how the others feel about this.

I noticed she is only splitting the money with one child

I read somewhere that they made a pact that if either of them won, they would split the ticket.

United States
                            Member #130815
                            July 25, 2012
                            1636 Posts
                            Posted: June 9, 2013, 7:52 am - IP Logged

She is not obligated to pay Mindy anything, but I feel she should. Even though Mindy more than likely would not have won, she allowed this woman to  cut in line which allowed her to be at the right place at the right time. She even credits Mindy for the win. If she feels that way, it would not hurt her to help her out some. She has half a billion dollars for goodness sakes! It wouldn't hurt her to give her a nice monetary thank you to help make her life a little easer.  But as i mentioned on another thread, if she cut in line on purprose, then she may have one of those "it's all about me" mentalities. I sure hope not. 

I noticed she is only splitting the money with one child..Has anyone read how or if the other children are reacting? I wonder why she is only splitting with one child and how the others feel about this.

Do we know if she has more than one child...I thought that guy Scott was her only son or child I assumed anyways....Im sure if she's got anymore  they're not just waiting on Sundays to visit grandma now LOL!!!

Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #141461
                              April 14, 2013
                              61 Posts
                              Posted: June 9, 2013, 8:18 am - IP Logged

I don't think that there is any obligation whatsoever however it would be a nice gesture to share something.  I agree with others that it should be done a bit later and on the sly to avoid any potential mess of people judging on too little, too much, etc. 

If it was me, I'd want to know that the person I'm gifting is a good person as well.  By waiting a bit, it would give Mindy a chance to show her true colors.  There are anglers out there and the slightest sign of kindness is often attacked, I would need to make certain that my good faith gesture is not opening me up to Mindy making a claim for more.

I remain, patiently optimistic