Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should Gloria Share With Mindy?

Topic closed. 79 replies. Last post 4 years ago by Artist77.

Page 5 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
Member #121745
January 16, 2012
4954 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I'm in need.

Remember that.

OK, we have a contract now.

I'll have my lawyers get in touch to get the details worked out (I'm fine with half).

lol.  I know you are kidding but I think there are people who really think that on LP and they would try to sue someone for that "promise."

J'aime La France.

luckyshoes's avatar - nw lady.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #79502
    September 2, 2009
    6447 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Id track her down and give her a $ gift she d love to get.

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6305 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2013, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

where have you been the whole story has changedGreen laugh

I know I am so far behind Green laugh

I Love Pink & Green 1908

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19964 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2013, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

Id track her down and give her a $ gift she d love to get.

joking i never even heard of that place Green laugh

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19964 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2013, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I know I am so far behind Green laugh

LOL

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2013, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I think that should be her decision, but if it were me, I would.  I always share my winnings with someone in need.

In spite of their winnings most lottery players never win as much as they spend, so if they are they sharing their winnings with the needy, they're sharing money they earned by other means than winning the lottery.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
              Member #142499
              May 13, 2013
              1203 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2013, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm in need.

Remember that.

OK, we have a contract now.

I'll have my lawyers get in touch to get the details worked out (I'm fine with half).

Hahahahahaha. OMG, that's hilarious. 

What's even funnier is that's how these things get started. One person makes an off the cuff comment and it becomes a verbal contract later on. Which is why you should never make these kinds of comments, because rdgrnr, me, and everyone else here in need will claim you made this promise, and we're in need, so...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19900 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2013, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Hahahahahaha. OMG, that's hilarious. 

What's even funnier is that's how these things get started. One person makes an off the cuff comment and it becomes a verbal contract later on. Which is why you should never make these kinds of comments, because rdgrnr, me, and everyone else here in need will claim you made this promise, and we're in need, so...

Good luck enforcing such a contract, it means as much as a guarantee that you'll win a lottery jackpot using one of the many lottery systems for sale on the Internet.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #142499
                  May 13, 2013
                  1203 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I'd have been inclined to give her something till she started the passive aggressive manipulation bullcrap.  After she went on her publicity stunt, I think I'd dig my heels in and refuse to give her a penny.  In fact, I might even call her a liar and a scammer, and tell the world it wasn't even Mindy who let me in line.  But that's just me.  Naughty

OMG, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Everyone who believes Gloria owes Mindy something is automatically assuming Mindy is being truthful. Why? Because she looks sweet and wholesome? Ted Bundy killed a lot of women over a long period of time because he was sweet-looking too. 

Let's "believe" that Gloria cut in front of Mindy. You want to tell me how an 84 year old woman with glaucoma glasses suddenly had the speed and stealth of a Japanese ninja?   Even if you're facing sideways, you can see someone who walks and stands in front of you. There had to have been a big enough space in that "line" for granny ninja to get in there and Mindy had to have been facing completely away from it. 

The very fact that this woman took it upon herself to contact the press so that the world could remark on how wonderful and selfless she is, is EXACTLY the reason she deserves nothing now. Her little digs at Gloria, and her seemingly passive statements are all well designed to do exactly what the entire country is doing now; put public pressure on Gloria to hand over some of that money to Mindy. No truly selfless person would have contacted the press. Ever. Mindy Crandall is on a mission and she has nothing to lose. 

Even if I am willing to concede that Gloria deliberately cut in line (which I don't buy) how does that equate to $1M? I guarantee there are a lot of people who do actual good works who deserve it more than she does. Set college funds for Mindy's kids. That way she did something noble for the Crandall family and Saint Mindy doesn't see a dime of the money she says she's okay with not getting. Win-win.

United States
                    Member #142499
                    May 13, 2013
                    1203 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2013, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Good luck enforcing such a contract, it means as much as a guarantee that you'll win a lottery jackpot using one of the many lottery systems for sale on the Internet.

Who says anything about enforcing? You think half these ludicrous lawsuits filed are actually enforceable? But what it is is a nuisance to the person who has to defend themselves. If it's a big enough nuisance, some might feel it better to just hand over something instead of paying lawyers and having to show up to court. 

Besides, all the opposing lawyer has to prove is that he can get one idiot on the jury to believe him. There are people who actually believe that the members of the Bilderberg group are really reptilian space aliens who have taken human form in order to control our world. If you have millions at stake and a public with a dislike for lottery winners who don't share, would you take your chances that the jury would be made up of all smart, rational people?

A phone sex operator sued her employer because she got carpal tunnel from her constant masturbations. I thought, no way can she win this. But she did. She was able to prove that because talking dirty all day got her so hot and bothered she had to relieve the tension, she had no choice but to masturbate, and the constant masturbating caused CTS. Work place injury with a cause and effect. Who knew?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                      Bay Area - California
                      United States
                      Member #136477
                      December 12, 2012
                      4145 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2013, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Gloria would not have won the PB jackpot, had Mindy not let her ahead in line.  So should Gloria share with Mindy and if so, how much?

How can you be so certain  with that statement" Gloria would not have won..."how do you come by this knowledge?
                      Can you say with absolute certainty that Mindy would have received that precise ticket had she remained in line? By what standard do you calculate Mindy getting the winning ticket since QP's are processed in nano seconds?
                      Enlighten us as to how you know for certain this would be so?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3857 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2013, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

Suppose you were behind Mindy in the line ?

You could say to Mindy "when you gave her your spot you took mine, so you should let me in front of you"

and that could go on all the way to the end of the line.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                          Bay Area - California
                          United States
                          Member #136477
                          December 12, 2012
                          4145 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2013, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

You could say to Mindy "when you gave her your spot you took mine, so you should let me in front of you"

Now if Gloria ASKED Mindy for $2.00 to pay for the ticket...and won.Is Mindy entitled to half or not?

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4954 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2013, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Now if Gloria ASKED Mindy for $2.00 to pay for the ticket...and won.Is Mindy entitled to half or not?

No.   If there was no agreement (meeting of the minds) to share any prize, she would not be enttitled to half.  Most if not all courts would see this as someone doing a nice deed for a little old lady. It would be like that women who gave tickets away in line then claimed she did not mean to give them away.

J'aime La France.

United States
                              Member #121745
                              January 16, 2012
                              4954 Posts
                              Posted: June 10, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I just recalled that I was in Florida around that time and I think I was behind Mindy.  She had asked if she could go ahead of me.

J'aime La France.