Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Suppose I told you...

Topic closed. 111 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 8
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
Texas
United States
Member #86154
January 30, 2010
1648 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Good questions all, but I think quality and quantitty are the only main ingreedyance. Right?

Quality, quantity, TIMING, PATIENCE...

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
    Member #116268
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2013, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Nice additions to the equation, I like it and it sounds like a winner. Blackapple will be proud of us.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      915 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2013, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Quality, quantity, TIMING, PATIENCE...

L.L.

Good recipe.

When considering claims of another, I would add verifiability.

Jacksonville Florida
        United States
        Member #23018
        October 6, 2005
        915 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Regarding verifiability:

Take Pick 3 for example. Anyone could say they liked numbers x-y-z (put in your own numbers) for a future drawing. Say it's for 1 state, 5 states, 10 states, or all states (the number of states doesn't matter). Add up what it would cost to play in those state(s) you specified and then see what numbers are drawn. Then calculate how much you have won or lost. Do this for at least 10 future draws and let's see the results. (Note: that's what is great about the Predictions page, it is all right there for everyone to see).

One red flag for me is when someone talks about a number set (or sets) and is not specific about where the prediction is for. If they mean those numbers to be for all states then that is fine, just be sure to include what it would have cost to play each drawing in those states when looking at win/loss amounts or ratios.

If you play enough numbers or enough states, someone will win boxes or straights. The key is to do this consistently and remember what it would have cost to play and subtract that from any winnings.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
          Texas
          United States
          Member #86154
          January 30, 2010
          1648 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2013, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

Regarding verifiability:

Take Pick 3 for example. Anyone could say they liked numbers x-y-z (put in your own numbers) for a future drawing. Say it's for 1 state, 5 states, 10 states, or all states (the number of states doesn't matter). Add up what it would cost to play in those state(s) you specified and then see what numbers are drawn. Then calculate how much you have won or lost. Do this for at least 10 future draws and let's see the results. (Note: that's what is great about the Predictions page, it is all right there for everyone to see).

One red flag for me is when someone talks about a number set (or sets) and is not specific about where the prediction is for. If they mean those numbers to be for all states then that is fine, just be sure to include what it would have cost to play each drawing in those states when looking at win/loss amounts or ratios.

If you play enough numbers or enough states, someone will win boxes or straights. The key is to do this consistently and remember what it would have cost to play and subtract that from any winnings.

See, now you're talking the right language. Sometimes, a win may not really be a win...only a win in the sense of matching the numbers. In terms of profit, though, it's very possible that all monies (losses) haven't been taken into account over a specific period and the win really nets a break even or recovery of a percentage of losses. This is what 95% of players fail to realize, but this is the real world of playing and actually winning.

This is why I say the game should be approached with a "business mindset". You're not winning, per say, until or if you've recovered monies invested (played) at some point...just like a real business. How long it took to get that specific hit will weigh heavily on whether or not money has, in fact, been made. To spend $10 per day and land a box hit for $40 after playing for (6) in a row still leaves the players $20 in the hole for reference's sake. Gotta get that box hit BEFORE or ON that 4th day to really be doing any good and establish consistency. TIMING.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20108 Posts
            Posted: July 8, 2013, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

@Lucky Loser , Romancandle , Jack-C , have any of you ever heard, a teacher doesn't look to see how many pupils  have gotten grasp of a subject , it's how many of the pupils understand the subject.

Black Apple doesn't need to go to the prediction board to show you , me , or anyone else what his predictions are. Did either one of you ever do the search of  Black Apple and then read what he has said about what was due for any given state? And what came out in the state he talked about.?  I don't think so..!

I know all of you have heard the saying, " Don't let YE mouth overload YE azz  " . Right  ??

Let your fingers do the walking , go look, read his post, and then when you're done doing that you can come back and trash me..!    Deal??      Until then, you all are like candles blowing in the wind looking for something that doesn't have to be there , nor could you or would ever accept anything at face value.

By the way , let me know what you find alright.!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7297 Posts
              Posted: July 8, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

See, now you're talking the right language. Sometimes, a win may not really be a win...only a win in the sense of matching the numbers. In terms of profit, though, it's very possible that all monies (losses) haven't been taken into account over a specific period and the win really nets a break even or recovery of a percentage of losses. This is what 95% of players fail to realize, but this is the real world of playing and actually winning.

This is why I say the game should be approached with a "business mindset". You're not winning, per say, until or if you've recovered monies invested (played) at some point...just like a real business. How long it took to get that specific hit will weigh heavily on whether or not money has, in fact, been made. To spend $10 per day and land a box hit for $40 after playing for (6) in a row still leaves the players $20 in the hole for reference's sake. Gotta get that box hit BEFORE or ON that 4th day to really be doing any good and establish consistency. TIMING.

L.L.

How about predicting either the digit 2 or 4 will be drawn in the first or second position in the next three drawings. The minimum wager to guarantee a win, if the conditions are met is betting $20 to win $5, but only if it happens on the next drawing. If it takes two drawings the bet is $40 to lose $15 and loss of $35 if it takes three drawings. Other than not losing the entire $60, I see nothing amazing about betting $60 to lose $35. The sad part is even though the prediction was accurate and those digits were drawn in two of he next three drawings, a player betting on all three will still lose $10. What is amazing about predicting a $10 loss?

However I am amazed when someone makes that type of prediction and then on the same post predicts one or two of 45 three digit numbers have a 200% chance of hitting in the next three or four days and I find out 10 of those numbers don't include the digits 2 or 4. I guess my question is, if the original prediction are truly amazing, then why make 10 other predictions that don't include any of the "truly amazing predictions"?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/263212

Jacksonville Florida
                United States
                Member #23018
                October 6, 2005
                915 Posts
                Posted: July 8, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

How about predicting either the digit 2 or 4 will be drawn in the first or second position in the next three drawings. The minimum wager to guarantee a win, if the conditions are met is betting $20 to win $5, but only if it happens on the next drawing. If it takes two drawings the bet is $40 to lose $15 and loss of $35 if it takes three drawings. Other than not losing the entire $60, I see nothing amazing about betting $60 to lose $35. The sad part is even though the prediction was accurate and those digits were drawn in two of he next three drawings, a player betting on all three will still lose $10. What is amazing about predicting a $10 loss?

However I am amazed when someone makes that type of prediction and then on the same post predicts one or two of 45 three digit numbers have a 200% chance of hitting in the next three or four days and I find out 10 of those numbers don't include the digits 2 or 4. I guess my question is, if the original prediction are truly amazing, then why make 10 other predictions that don't include any of the "truly amazing predictions"?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/263212

Yes, the bottom line is how much you would spend and how much you would win.

At least that is my criteria for what I would call prediction success or failure. I have looked at many of BlackApple's posts/predictions and the aggregate totals for a reasonable sample size is you lose more than you win. I think one thing many people don't realize is the number of bets you would have to make to cover all the picks in one of these predictions with actual number sets, root sums, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong, as I haven't read all of BlackApple's posts, but I don't recall BlackApple claiming that you would win more than you would lose by playing his/her predictions, so maybe BlackApple's definition of success is different than mine. Maybe BlackApple could clarify this.

At the end of the day for me though, success in this arena would be winning more than you lose.

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                  Upacreek
                  United States
                  Member #136306
                  December 8, 2012
                  428 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2013, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

@Lucky Loser , Romancandle , Jack-C , have any of you ever heard, a teacher doesn't look to see how many pupils  have gotten grasp of a subject , it's how many of the pupils understand the subject.

Black Apple doesn't need to go to the prediction board to show you , me , or anyone else what his predictions are. Did either one of you ever do the search of  Black Apple and then read what he has said about what was due for any given state? And what came out in the state he talked about.?  I don't think so..!

I know all of you have heard the saying, " Don't let YE mouth overload YE azz  " . Right  ??

Let your fingers do the walking , go look, read his post, and then when you're done doing that you can come back and trash me..!    Deal??      Until then, you all are like candles blowing in the wind looking for something that doesn't have to be there , nor could you or would ever accept anything at face value.

By the way , let me know what you find alright.!

Ouch...hot cigar in my eye!

One thing I learned on the way to or from school, is that you don't mess with a MADDOG...

You've been around LP a lot longer than me, so if my comments offended you, my apologies...

-RC

United States
                    Member #116268
                    September 7, 2011
                    20244 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2013, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

One thing I learned on the way to or from school, is that you don't mess with a MADDOG...

You've been around LP a lot longer than me, so if my comments offended you, my apologies...

Green laugh That's why I just take a guys word for it (he is a guy) if he says he is an "amazing poster". 

Especially if I have never read his posts and don't have any evidence to the contrary. LOL

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20108 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2013, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

No apologies necessary, your comments didn't offend me. I understand everyone has thier own opinion and I wasn't trying to change yours, it's just that Blackapple gives people something to work with in contrast to thier own workout numbers. He doesn't put his numbers up so you can play them all, he gives people what to look for. It certainly wouldn't be feasable to play all the numbers.

That's where I think people go wrong when he posts his numbers for a certain state. I've known Blackapple for a long time here at LP, and he has a keen sense for what is due and what is not due.

He certainly can steer someone in the right direction when you're looking for a number to hit ,or certain pairs.  He is an amazing predictor as far as I'm concerned, and with a little understanding of how he operates, you just might come to the same conclusion.

I know a lot of predictors who can't hold a candle ( no pun intended ) next to him , myself included when it comes down to what will come.   Sorry for the ashes in your eye, wasn't meant to be offensive... 

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
                        Member #116268
                        September 7, 2011
                        20244 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2013, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up Have a good night everyoneBed

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2013, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

There must be a good reason why Blackapple has a full blue bar under his belt and stands as a top 25 poster. One can only earn that title by being proactive, intuitive, and creative.

Cheers

Romancandle's avatar - moon
                            Upacreek
                            United States
                            Member #136306
                            December 8, 2012
                            428 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2013, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

There must be a good reason why Blackapple has a full blue bar under his belt and stands as a top 25 poster. One can only earn that title by being proactive, intuitive, and creative.

Cheers

Well I sure can't hold a candle to that LOL

No worries Maddog10!!!... I see where you're coming from now!

Have a good night everyone!

-RC

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7297 Posts
                              Posted: July 9, 2013, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Yes, the bottom line is how much you would spend and how much you would win.

At least that is my criteria for what I would call prediction success or failure. I have looked at many of BlackApple's posts/predictions and the aggregate totals for a reasonable sample size is you lose more than you win. I think one thing many people don't realize is the number of bets you would have to make to cover all the picks in one of these predictions with actual number sets, root sums, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong, as I haven't read all of BlackApple's posts, but I don't recall BlackApple claiming that you would win more than you would lose by playing his/her predictions, so maybe BlackApple's definition of success is different than mine. Maybe BlackApple could clarify this.

At the end of the day for me though, success in this arena would be winning more than you lose.

I believe most of us would rather know how they get those numbers. Granted BA is giving us a list of numbers with potential hits, but so does every other ordinary predictor. Give us ten or less numbers and then we'll see if we're amazed or not.