Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 3:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Odds of winning.

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 2 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7310 Posts
Posted: August 16, 2013, 12:42 am - IP Logged

You play horses without a system.  Not smart.No No

I have a good system for horses.  However since they closed all the OTB, it dont help much.

This may or may not be true (hey Jimmy wanna chime in?)  I always love a good argument.Lovies (unfortunately I cant punch anybody over the internet)Boxing

The Odds may stay the same, but the probabality is always changing.

If you dont buy a ticket the odds of winning is ZERO.

If you buy a ticket the odds of winning is > than ZERO.

Why not sell a winning lottery system to somebody else?  I didn't realize there was a shortage of money in the world.Roll Eyes

I dont think punters play much lottery, most are already very rich!

However some Professional atheletes who spend exorbitant amounts of money on gambling could use a good system.Idea

"Why not sell a winning lottery system to somebody else?"

I'm trying to figure out why a horse player wouldn't want to buy a system that picks winners. I'd even buy a system that never picks winners so I could eliminate the horses it picks.

"it never ceases to amaze me how many people fork over hard earned cash for a system that picks winners."

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: August 16, 2013, 6:14 am - IP Logged

"Why not sell a winning lottery system to somebody else?"

I'm trying to figure out why a horse player wouldn't want to buy a system that picks winners. I'd even buy a system that never picks winners so I could eliminate the horses it picks.

"it never ceases to amaze me how many people fork over hard earned cash for a system that picks winners."

Maybe you should pick the horse that is best built and that is getting more and stronger shots by the doctor.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19826 Posts
      Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:24 am - IP Logged

You play horses without a system.  Not smart.No No

I have a good system for horses.  However since they closed all the OTB, it dont help much.

This may or may not be true (hey Jimmy wanna chime in?)  I always love a good argument.Lovies (unfortunately I cant punch anybody over the internet)Boxing

The Odds may stay the same, but the probabality is always changing.

If you dont buy a ticket the odds of winning is ZERO.

If you buy a ticket the odds of winning is > than ZERO.

Why not sell a winning lottery system to somebody else?  I didn't realize there was a shortage of money in the world.Roll Eyes

I dont think punters play much lottery, most are already very rich!

However some Professional atheletes who spend exorbitant amounts of money on gambling could use a good system.Idea

"Why not sell a winning lottery system to somebody else?  I didn't realize there was a shortage of money in the world.Roll Eyes"

From what I've read, lots of winning lottery systems are already for sale but they don't work as most players expect.  They either have players spending more money than they wish to spend or waiting for a longer period of time to win than they wishes to wait.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Economy class
        Belgium
        Member #123700
        February 27, 2012
        4035 Posts
        Posted: August 17, 2013, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

An idea is becoming a retailer and validating tickets in your own business. A percentage of the spent money on lottery tickets would return into your pocket. How about that for improving the payout?

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
          Stone Mountain*Georgia
          United States
          Member #828
          November 2, 2002
          10491 Posts
          Posted: August 17, 2013, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

These guys that float by the forums every now and then are simple minded......as far as the games go . 

They don't have a clue about the difference in ODDS and Probability.

They also spit out the word "EVENT" and say odds don't change .......and like that's the END.  LOL 

Hey... an "event" can be a one toss event.....or...a 10 toss game event......or 20 tosses of a coin    ...or even 100 tosses in a row etc. etc.

An "event" is what the game says it is.....   Here's a game for ya.   Its called  ....."The 10 tosses in a row EVENT"

I will give you a$$ hundred dollars for every " 10 Toss EVENT"  in which you toss 10 heads in a row.

You pay me .....10 bucks for every event you don't hit 10 heads in a row.

We will Play 10 such games in this series .......and then stop and pay up.

You probably don't have a good feeling about this bet do ya ...but you don't know why?  Good for you anyway....

" Probability... is when Math meets common sense"   

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: August 17, 2013, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Can one number be picked in pick 3 and win? Type

Can one number be picked in pick 4 and win? Type

Has it been done on the forums here at Lottery Post? Type

Sometimes a number hits the day it is picked and sometimes it may take longer. Bang Head

MAGA

Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: August 18, 2013, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Can one number be picked in pick 3 and win? Type  Simplified not optimistic: 1 right *10 *10 = -100 + 80 = -20, so the answer is no. Smash

Sometimes a number hits the day it is picked and sometimes it may take longer. Bang Head

At any lottery game you need two sure numbers to win. Conehead
              It is hard to get a 2 if 2 with 2 numbers. Boxing
              At keno you can play the couple and make a little net benefit,  Yes Nod
              in other games you can combine the couple with all remaining numbers.
              Naughty

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1648 Posts
                Posted: August 18, 2013, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Question #1.....Yes

Question#2......Yes

Question#3......No

Last statement is all about patience and has nothing to do with accuracy if this is the approach taken.

I really like simple questions needing simple answers.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19826 Posts
                  Posted: August 18, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying one number and meaning one combination?  As far as I know having only one number (one digit) in both pick3 and pick4 doesn't wins anything.

Posting only one combination for each drawing would be an interesting concept but with a minimum of ten allowed for everyone I doubt if it will ever happen because predictors like to give themselves the best chance for a win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #128790
                    June 2, 2012
                    5431 Posts
                    Posted: August 18, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Are you saying one number and meaning one combination?  As far as I know having only one number (one digit) in both pick3 and pick4 doesn't wins anything.

Posting only one combination for each drawing would be an interesting concept but with a minimum of ten allowed for everyone I doubt if it will ever happen because predictors like to give themselves the best chance for a win.

If you think one number will definitely show like 3 for example, and the winner won't be a double, a system exists that has 36 combos which will guarantee a box win.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: August 18, 2013, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

One combination

Check my predictions for SC I posted earlier today. I will be wagering on them later today.

MAGA

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: August 18, 2013, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Question #1.....Yes

Question#2......Yes

Question#3......No

Last statement is all about patience and has nothing to do with accuracy if this is the approach taken.

I really like simple questions needing simple answers.

L.L.

Question number 3 is yes

Last statement: I like accuracy for the number (combination) to fall within a certain time frame.

MAGA

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                          Winning makes me smile.
                          bel air maryland
                          United States
                          Member #90251
                          April 24, 2010
                          4870 Posts
                          Posted: August 18, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

If you think one number will definitely show like 3 for example, and the winner won't be a double, a system exists that has 36 combos which will guarantee a box win.

You are correct. You would simply play all the combos (36) that have a 3 in them. You could also do it for the Pick 4 but there

would be 84 combos to play.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: August 18, 2013, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

You are correct. You would simply play all the combos (36) that have a 3 in them. You could also do it for the Pick 4 but there

would be 84 combos to play.

It's not a good system unless you are correct 95% of the time..lol

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                              Winning makes me smile.
                              bel air maryland
                              United States
                              Member #90251
                              April 24, 2010
                              4870 Posts
                              Posted: August 18, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

It's not a good system unless you are correct 95% of the time..lol

86% would be good enough, then filter out some of the #'s for a smaller playlist. Easy.  Wink

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.