Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Odds of winning.

Topic closed. 70 replies. Last post 3 years ago by psykomo.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7322 Posts
Posted: August 24, 2013, 1:47 am - IP Logged

When I take you by math and word, it is 500:-1, not 500:1, as 1 is gone.
Your odds would be 1:999 and it pays 500:-1 or do you prefer 499:1 as 499 is the net payout and according to the article and logic you must substract the negative value (500-1=499).

And above, you don't win, you loose if you don't beat the odds double or better. What some players did, is history, past tense. Some players may always win by pure luck without reasoning or system.

"And above, you don't win, you loose if you don't beat the odds double or better."

Is there a lottery rule in tiny print on the back of the ticket that says a player must keep on wagering after collecting $500 for every $1 they bet?

Jimmy had 9,999 imaginary friends and an Uncle who bet five $1 QPs in every drawing for five years and some of them still bet $5 to win $500 when they were out over $1000. I don't know how he forced them to do, but he said he did.

"Some players may always win by pure luck without reasoning or system."

That would be Jimmy's Uncle who actually showed a profit after five years. Do you think Jimmy rigged the imaginary drawings?

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
    Economy class
    Belgium
    Member #123700
    February 27, 2012
    4035 Posts
    Posted: August 24, 2013, 6:13 am - IP Logged

"And above, you don't win, you loose if you don't beat the odds double or better."

Is there a lottery rule in tiny print on the back of the ticket that says a player must keep on wagering after collecting $500 for every $1 they bet?

Jimmy had 9,999 imaginary friends and an Uncle who bet five $1 QPs in every drawing for five years and some of them still bet $5 to win $500 when they were out over $1000. I don't know how he forced them to do, but he said he did.

That would be Jimmy's Uncle who actually showed a profit after five years. Do you think Jimmy rigged the imaginary drawings?

There is a warning online and on flyers not to get addicted and to get help to stop playing.

Some people play the lottery, others only talk about it. The last group mostly imgagines what one could do with the money of a won jackpot.

Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: August 24, 2013, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

"A player can do alot in your fantasies."

It's called gambling; ever hear of the concept?

"You can run through all kind of possible scenarios, for your buck you mostly can get 500 dollars if you win, and bottom line is that you if you pick unlucky, that one won't even show up after 3000 drawings while the average is 1000 drawings."

You're getting close; a player bets and either wins or loses. In your pick-3 game, were all the straight digits numbers drawn once in last 1000 drawings?

The real fantasy is saying "on average" or "probable" when the results look nothing like that. "On average" each digit in each digit position should be drawn 100 times in 1000 drawings. Can you show me one Pick-3 drawing history where none of the digits were drawn more than 105 times or less than 95 times in any 1000 drawing period?

"If you can time your bet by mathematic rule, then you are not the only one, and all math teachers would play and win."

If you time your QP bet, you'll get the same results without ever passing one math course after the 3rd grade.

"Bookies tell you anything, if you have your timing right and you have to share with many, be prepared to get a small amount. "

Are the odds the same for the bookies as the player when the player bets 10 different straight combos, can only win on one of them, and the bookie has 990 other combos that beats the player?

The last time I looked pick-3 games have various payout limits and when the number of ticket sales reaches that amount the game is sold out. If the payout limit is $1.5 million, each player that wins gets $500 for every $1 straight ticket. Are you suggesting they should share with the players who were shut-out?

A bookie always wins.

I suggested before that if you are a lottery dealer, you can play yourself in your own business.

United States
        Member #128790
        June 2, 2012
        5431 Posts
        Posted: August 24, 2013, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Green laugh

You're killing me Stack !

Economy class
          Belgium
          Member #123700
          February 27, 2012
          4035 Posts
          Posted: August 25, 2013, 5:57 am - IP Logged

Green laugh

You're killing me Stack !

Stop laughing, maybe they won!

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
            The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
            Elgin, IL
            United States
            Member #68867
            January 1, 2009
            1221 Posts
            Posted: August 26, 2013, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

There can never be a true predictor of lottery numbers drawn. Each draw is an absolute event , reliant on no other influences from the past .

The only way to improve your odds of winning , is to buy more tickets and no, buying two tickets does not halve the odds of winning. The only other way to improve your chances of winning is to wheel sets of numbers , but even that does not change the odds against any of your six number combos being drawn.

In fact, a quick pick has exactly the same odds of being drawn  as a so called  "system' generated ticket.

I play the horses on a semi pro basis and it never ceases to amaze me how many people fork over hard earned cash for a system that picks winners. ( same with the lottery.).

Think about it, if you had the winning lottery system  would you sell it to other punters ?. of course not, .

Bottom line, no matter how many tickets you buy the odds change very little against your number being drawn.

Think what you may, but I believe I can pick better numbers than you can any day.  Take your Canada Lotto Max Game.  Here are 4 games out of the 205 drawings to date.  I would be willing to bet my 7 numbers 12, 20, 22, 30, 34, 43, & 49 from my Group 6 will hit before any 7 numbers than you can come up with in any future drawing in the Lotto Max Game.  I only need to play 1 set of numbers (don't need anymore than that).

P.S.  I have 46 Groups that make up 124 of the 205 drawing to date - Thats over 60% of the Total drawings.  You cannot change your odds of winning, but you can improve your chances of winning.  There is a difference.

*************        BB GRP
            2010-01-1512172230344349486
            2011-09-1612182224284349216
            2012-06-221122022303438336
            2013-08-16262022303449456

Good Luck & Best Wishes To You.....................................................

United States
              Member #116268
              September 7, 2011
              20244 Posts
              Posted: August 26, 2013, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

Will SergeM accept the Canada Lotto Max challenge?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19831 Posts
                Posted: August 26, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Will SergeM accept the Canada Lotto Max challenge?

Was the challenge for scouser or SergeM?

Economy class
                  Belgium
                  Member #123700
                  February 27, 2012
                  4035 Posts
                  Posted: August 26, 2013, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

LOTTO MAX Main Draw

MatchPrizeOdds/$5 Play
                  7 of 7Win or Share JACKPOT of at least $10 Million1 (87% of Pools Fund*)1: 28,633,528
                  6 of 7+BonusShare of 4% of Pools Fund*1: 4,090,504
                  6 of 7Share of 4% of Pools Fund*1: 99,768.4
                  5 of 7Share of 5% of Pools Fund*1: 1,583.6
                  4 of 7$20*1: 71.3
                  3 of 7+Bonus$20*1: 76.7
                  3 of 7Free Play (Three Quick Pick Selections)1: 8.1

Expensive game, I wouldn't play it and I don't plan to look in the history. I trust Butch for the query.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                    Beautiful Florida
                    United States
                    Member #5709
                    July 18, 2004
                    20124 Posts
                    Posted: August 26, 2013, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Similarly, a tossed coin that comes up heads 9 times in a row has an equal chance of coming up tails  on the next toss, they are all separate events.

This is the whole point of pattern seeking that you are missing. Sure there is a 50/50 chance of the coin showing heads or tails after a nine streak of heads showing in a row, but the most important question is, what would you bet on? Heads or tails?

And why?  Wink

Well, if that's the case onlymoney why don't you throw  (5) coins and predict the probability that , 2 will be heads and

3 and three will be tails.  Do you think the probability would still be  50/50?   You're Equasion of flipping one coin verses (5) coins  would be a whole new frontier, don't you think?

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: August 26, 2013, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Well, if that's the case onlymoney why don't you throw  (5) coins and predict the probability that , 2 will be heads and

3 and three will be tails.  Do you think the probability would still be  50/50?   You're Equasion of flipping one coin verses (5) coins  would be a whole new frontier, don't you think?

Yes, you're correct. Those are two different scenarios. Flipping the same coin over and over again is one thing, throwing a bunch of coins in the air is totally something else.

Rarely will you toss (5) coins in the air and have them show one side when they land.

In fact, a news reporter years ago was talking about the high odds of hitting a JP by using that same analogy, but on a larger scale. He said in order to hit a 53 number JP lottery, it would be equivalent to throwing 26 quarters in the air and they all land on the same side. He said try doing that with only 5 quarters and you'll see how difficult it is.

But again, you're comparing two different events which are not compatibale. The first toss of the coin is truly 50/50, but once you flip the coin more than once, and the coin continues to favor one side over and over, it's no longer a 50/50 chance. But once you do any event more than once in your lifetime, that event will always try to even itself out. You may see 9 in a row heads, but if you look at, let's say a 10 hour event and count both sides, you'll see they're about even.

Elgin, IL
                        United States
                        Member #68867
                        January 1, 2009
                        1221 Posts
                        Posted: August 26, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

Was the challenge for scouser or SergeM?

The challenge was for SCOUSER.  I think Ronnie got alittle ahead of himself.

United States
                          Member #116268
                          September 7, 2011
                          20244 Posts
                          Posted: August 26, 2013, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

The challenge was for SCOUSER.  I think Ronnie got alittle ahead of himself.

Well I guess its not the first time I made a boo boo. Thanks for getting me back on track Butch. Thumbs Up

Elgin, IL
                            United States
                            Member #68867
                            January 1, 2009
                            1221 Posts
                            Posted: August 26, 2013, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

Well I guess its not the first time I made a boo boo. Thanks for getting me back on track Butch. Thumbs Up

To error is human, To forgive is divine...........  You are Forgiven...................

United States
                              Member #116268
                              September 7, 2011
                              20244 Posts
                              Posted: August 26, 2013, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

To error is human, To forgive is divine...........  You are Forgiven...................

Thank goodness, thank you butch. I knew I could count on you to understand a forgive. Truly divine.