Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

We need another show like LCML

Topic closed. 100 replies. Last post 3 years ago by IPlayWeekly.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: August 21, 2013, 8:19 am - IP Logged

I think all lottery winners also need an "art" 101 class. There are so many rip off collectibles and people don't realize that they are buying junk and so are 100000 other people. I saw some show (maybe it was hoarders or maybe the lottery show?) where this woman had hundreds of current disney "collectibles" she thought would be worth a fortune. What goes up in price (99.9% of the time) are items not made for the "collectibles market."  I think so many of these people have the beanie baby mentality and we saw what happened to the beanie baby crash (it was a fad only).

That's so very true sometimes people think just cause they have a C.O.A. (certificate of authenticity) that it's worth a big payout...when in fact alot of stuff is massed produced and the more that's out there the lower the actual value is

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
    Columbus, Ohio
    United States
    Member #128906
    June 5, 2012
    592 Posts
    Posted: August 21, 2013, 8:26 am - IP Logged

I just wrote TLC this morning:

After watching your series "Lottery Changed My Life" I have started playing the lottery.  Its truly a great show watching ordinary people win the lottery and watching their lives changed for good and bad.  When I started playing, I stumbled upon an active lottery community which has over 100,000 active members who are dedicated, loyal and play constantly!  We discuss games, strategy and lottery news throughout the world.  We actively watch the old Lottery Changed My Life shows as if we know the people featured and we would like to see new ones.  As far as I'm aware, TLC is the only network who has had an active lottery series.  You've got a hit and a loyal following!  Please continue making this great show. 

Thank you.

Huge Fan of Lottery Changed My Life

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: August 21, 2013, 8:33 am - IP Logged

I'm probably in the minority here but...ick! Please spare us anymore of these types of shows. Could barely make it through one episode. Watching people overindulge and be foolish is not my idea of entertainment. I'd rather spend my time more productively.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: August 21, 2013, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

With all the recent lottery headlines (good and bad) there's got to be interest in another lottery show like LCML.  Just regular people winning the lottery and showing how their life changed.  There's got to be "big time" TV Executives reading the board.  There's a TV series coming on ABC called "Lucky 7" where a group of people win the lottery, it debuts this September.  LCML is what got me playing the lottery and I'm sure its easy finding people who want to share their stories.  Lets get some new lottery shows out there=)

IPW:

Let Down UR "bucket" and DRINK>>Scared Sad Cheers Scared>>^

WHY MUST A big time TV executive B the ONLY (1) too B capable of D production

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

of the ONE and ONLY REAL PRODUCTION of LOTTERY and LIFE of WINNER'$ $$$$

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LIFE of LOSSER'$ ?????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"THINK"^^^^U BETTER "think" if U won't 2 STAR in this "SHOW"

"FACT's"^^^^RRRRRRRRRRRR U better ask TODD 2 produce this

"WON"   ^^^^and ^^^^Todd Northrop Team^^^^TNT >>LP!!!!!

TNT Drum TNT

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: August 21, 2013, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I'm probably in the minority here but...ick! Please spare us anymore of these types of shows. Could barely make it through one episode. Watching people overindulge and be foolish is not my idea of entertainment. I'd rather spend my time more productively.

LOL I said the same with all the show like American Idol and dancing with the stars...but you know the best thing about tv?? You can just change the channel and not watch...

London
            United Kingdom
            Member #140684
            March 24, 2013
            566 Posts
            Posted: August 21, 2013, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I barely watch TV nowadays, the only reason I still have my cable TV is due to it working out cheaper than just paying for internet alone as I get TV and internet together.

Even if they did bring it out it would be years till they showed it on UK TV.

Do they have LCML on Netflix or something I can't find it anywhere.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: August 21, 2013, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

I barely watch TV nowadays, the only reason I still have my cable TV is due to it working out cheaper than just paying for internet alone as I get TV and internet together.

Even if they did bring it out it would be years till they showed it on UK TV.

Do they have LCML on Netflix or something I can't find it anywhere.

You can google it...I know they have some episodes on Youtube and on the TLC web site

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                Pittsburg, Ks
                United States
                Member #3382
                January 17, 2004
                81039 Posts
                Posted: August 21, 2013, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

I remember on the first Curse of the Lottery show. The financial advisor that runs the Sudden Wealth institiute said "Winning the lottery doesn't make you smarter, prettier, thinner or taller. It just means you have a bigger bank account'.

One out of five isn't bad. Five being the bigger bank account.

I heard this on an old Dick Van Dyke episode: I'm relatively happy. I make a couple of bucks my relatives are happy

God Bless America

US Flag

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                  Texas Panhandle
                  United States
                  Member #136843
                  December 20, 2012
                  1285 Posts
                  Posted: August 21, 2013, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I can't remember the guy's name, but one of the best segments was the guy who had just lost his parents;  he owned the house, but couldn't work for some reason * and his electricity was about to be turned off or his gas had already been.  He won a pretty big lottery, nothing HUGE but a good one.

*I don't mean to be insensitive, but he was a little "simple".  He could function all right, but....He was lucky to have a good friend who helped him with his money, was nice to see the man didn't take advantage of him. 

He started living in a fairly nice motel, nothing really fancy and he ate out almost all the time.  He did have a small fridge and microwave in his room.  When he went out to eat, he sometimes invited his good friend and he always got an extra meal take-out so he could feed some cats.   The reason his story touched my heart was because it was good to see someone who was really helped by the lottery, yet it was more than a little sad to see how he was alone except for the one friend and a bunch of stray cats. (that sort of hit close to home for me)  At first, I thought he should fix up his house and live in it, be cheaper in the long run, but he said the house held bad memories for him, his parents being gone and being so broke and alone.  Also, at least in the motel, he had maid service and human contact and was close enough to walk to restaurants and other stores. (I don't think he could drive)  Like I said, one of my fav. segments of the series.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                    u$a
                    United States
                    Member #106665
                    February 22, 2011
                    19911 Posts
                    Posted: August 21, 2013, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

I can't remember the guy's name, but one of the best segments was the guy who had just lost his parents;  he owned the house, but couldn't work for some reason * and his electricity was about to be turned off or his gas had already been.  He won a pretty big lottery, nothing HUGE but a good one.

*I don't mean to be insensitive, but he was a little "simple".  He could function all right, but....He was lucky to have a good friend who helped him with his money, was nice to see the man didn't take advantage of him. 

He started living in a fairly nice motel, nothing really fancy and he ate out almost all the time.  He did have a small fridge and microwave in his room.  When he went out to eat, he sometimes invited his good friend and he always got an extra meal take-out so he could feed some cats.   The reason his story touched my heart was because it was good to see someone who was really helped by the lottery, yet it was more than a little sad to see how he was alone except for the one friend and a bunch of stray cats. (that sort of hit close to home for me)  At first, I thought he should fix up his house and live in it, be cheaper in the long run, but he said the house held bad memories for him, his parents being gone and being so broke and alone.  Also, at least in the motel, he had maid service and human contact and was close enough to walk to restaurants and other stores. (I don't think he could drive)  Like I said, one of my fav. segments of the series.

Green laugh

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                      Texas Panhandle
                      United States
                      Member #136843
                      December 20, 2012
                      1285 Posts
                      Posted: August 21, 2013, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

What's funny about the story or what I wrote?

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5124 Posts
                        Posted: August 21, 2013, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

MIT:

nutt'n NEW bout UR guy's name,>>>we NEED a "WIN"

TNT will produce "WIN" 4UR>>entertainment "SHOW"!

TNT Jack-in-the-Box Jack-in-the-Box TNT

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
                          Columbus, Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #128906
                          June 5, 2012
                          592 Posts
                          Posted: August 21, 2013, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I remember that episode, he would wear a suit everday and get two of everything (during dinner) so he would have left over for his cats.  He would also pay his motel bill weekly or monthly, I forgot which one.  I just hope he's careful living in that motel, so many crazy people out there and motels don't have the best security. I would hope that someone talked him into getting a house somewhere.

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
                            North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #145690
                            August 11, 2013
                            259 Posts
                            Posted: August 21, 2013, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

That is so sad but I loved to see the ones that people who really need it are the ones to win.  I hate watching people that are already well-off win and all they do is buy bigger homes and more expensive cars, more vacations--- don't help anyone else.

I seen one episode where this couple had a really nice 3 or 4 bedroom home and was complaining that it was too small so they bought a 1-2 million dollar home.  Nothing at all was wrong with the house they had.  I would have loved to have a home like their old one.

London
                              United Kingdom
                              Member #140684
                              March 24, 2013
                              566 Posts
                              Posted: August 21, 2013, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Some guy just uploaded like 5 episodes on YouTube 18 hours ago, awesome.

I like the family who won like 4M on the slots and set up that charity in honour of their son.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2