Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Semi private jets

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Jill34786.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
Indiana
United States
Member #129225
June 13, 2012
546 Posts
Posted: October 10, 2013, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

I always think of I love Lucy when someone says sleeper cabin...lol. They were somewhere in Europe I think.

We travel in Europe frequently using the trains and the overnight sleeper cars.  It is wonderful to go to sleep in Paris and wake up in Madrid.  The European trains are incredible.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
    Member #121745
    January 16, 2012
    4945 Posts
    Posted: October 10, 2013, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

Are you thinking of the movie "The long long trailer ?

ohhhh that is one of my all time fave movies....Lucy collecting the big rocks and hiding them...lol.  But there is an episode of I love Lucy were they all (including Fred and Ethel) have a sleeper car and Lucy thinks someone is trying to kill her.

J'aime La France.

United States
      Member #141260
      April 9, 2013
      1390 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2013, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Jetsuites less than $1000.00 most flights

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: November 10, 2013, 12:00 am - IP Logged

That sounds good to me, ninja.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10390 Posts
          Posted: November 10, 2013, 1:03 am - IP Logged

haymaker,

"My wife talks about buying a RV, but I don't need a giant driveway decoration,..."

That's funny, driveway decoration.

I know there are transport drivers who drive RVs from the manufacturer to the dealer and they're not allowed to use anything or sleep in the RVs, but other than that whenever I see a RV in a motel parking lot, it kind of makes me wonder.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
            Member #4121
            March 23, 2004
            817 Posts
            Posted: November 10, 2013, 7:06 am - IP Logged

No Lear jets for me. :)  I am going to fly first class/business class.  Check in early to avoid the crowds and wait in the first class lounge for my flight. :)

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: November 10, 2013, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Once I find that ideal spot and house, why would I like to travel anywhere else.  If they ever get somethink like the Hyperloop up, you will get there faster than a jet anyway. Across country in an hour is the plan.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3857 Posts
                Posted: November 12, 2013, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Really ? sounds like you don't need to hit lottery to use that !

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3857 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

haymaker,

"My wife talks about buying a RV, but I don't need a giant driveway decoration,..."

That's funny, driveway decoration.

I know there are transport drivers who drive RVs from the manufacturer to the dealer and they're not allowed to use anything or sleep in the RVs, but other than that whenever I see a RV in a motel parking lot, it kind of makes me wonder.

Scared

CoinToss, never thought about how an RV gets from MFR. to dealer,

NASCAR drivers live in them when they are at a racetrack, but they are driven to the track by someone else,

also not allowed to sleep/use anything.

That may be what you are seeing, at least some of the time.

Oh and the NASCAR drivers are getting to the track by ...wait for it...

semi private jets.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                    Member #112968
                    June 29, 2011
                    3857 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Once I find that ideal spot and house, why would I like to travel anywhere else.  If they ever get somethink like the Hyperloop up, you will get there faster than a jet anyway. Across country in an hour is the plan.

Early on in the thread Hearsetrax mentioned that you would know where some nice places are,

How did you find them if you don't like travel ?

United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3857 Posts
                      Posted: November 27, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

OK, I'll bump this, thanks for all them posts, but the original ? was

How big a win would it take to justify joining a club where you buy time on flights ?

I mean I was looking for a $ figure, 10 Mil, don't sound like enough, 50 mil. does

course it depends on your age and how long you want the $ to last.

Igamble's avatar - spider
                        nj
                        United States
                        Member #145657
                        August 10, 2013
                        1000 Posts
                        Posted: November 27, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

im amazed this topic went for sol ong..

United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3857 Posts
                          Posted: November 27, 2013, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

im amazed this topic went for sol ong..

Igamble,

yea me too. I was hoping to hear from you.

way back in the thread you said something about owning shares and flying free, but you did'nt give details.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: November 27, 2013, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

People don't want trains.

Go ride a roller coaster 'til you get it out of your system.

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3502 Posts
                              Posted: December 1, 2013, 2:34 am - IP Logged

Really ? sounds like you don't need to hit lottery to use that !

Do you really think you're getting reliable info?

You can sometimes get a killer deal when somebody has to fly a jet and doesn't have other passengers booked, because flying an empty plane is only marginally less expensive than flying one with 1000 to 1500 pounds of passenger and cargo. It's like picking up a hitchhiker  for $10 in gas money when you're already going somewhere.

Just for fun I checked the price for a r/t flight from Newark to Houston, since that's what my last flight was. I sprung for first class and used 50,000 miles. I figure the miles cost me $500, since that's what  I could have gotten from a credit card that pays cash back instead of miles (by comparison  35,000 miles could  also have gotten me a trip to the Carribean that sells for $600 to $800, and I'd still have had more than half the miles for a coach seat within the continental US). The r/t trip on a small 4 passenger jet from jetsuite woud be a hair under $18,000. I didn't bother to check on taxes and fees, but it's safe bet that I'd have found some if I  actually booked a flight.

The small jets have a fairly limited range. You can get from NY to California, but there's going to be a fuel stop. Want to go non-stop or fly to Hawaii? You're going to need a bigger jet. 6 hours from LAX to HNL is probably going to run at least 30 grand one way. Perhaps 120k for around trip from the east coast. Even for 6 people that's about $17,000 more than each first class ticket to fly commercial. That's one hell of a premium to avoid a couple of hours  going through security and waiting to board a commercial flight. Just because you could afford it doesn't make it sensible.