Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Are there any advantages to NOT being anonymous?

Topic closed. 72 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
helpmewin's avatar - dandy
u$a
United States
Member #106665
February 22, 2011
19740 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

The answer is yes if the winner meets 3 criteria.  First, the jackpot is HUGE.  Second, you are the SOLE winner.  Third, you have a unique TALENT to market in that small time slot that you are on camera and the world is watching.

Look at all these reality shows where everyone is trying to get tv time to turn it into big money.  Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton are famous for being famous.  Thats it.  No talent.  However, they found a niche and made millions selling perfumes, clothing lines, and wealthy marriages.

Say your a great singer but can't catch a break with exposure.  Sing a song at the press conference and it might get you a recording contract or a tv appearance.  Say you are good looking and have thoughts of acting.  If you come to the press conference dressed and looking great you might get a modeling contract or a soap opera try out.  Say you have a comic talent.  Prove it at the press conference and you are sure to get called by Jay Leno & Co. to appear on their show. 

Say your a good talker.  You might show some brilliance taking a political stance sounding like a Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton and might be contacted to run for the Senate after you appear on Fox News or CNN if they think your marketable.  Then you might start writing books.  Who knew about Sarah Palin before she was picked by John McCaan hmm?  She turned that into millions appearing on Fox News, giving speeches, and writing books.

Bottom line is you need to be a BIG winner or the world won't be putting your press conferece on tv and social media.  If your splitting it 3 to 30 ways even with a big pot your just one in the crowd.  However, if you win a BIG one and you have talent put it to use.  They say everyone gets 5 minutes of fame.

What did the promoter say to Rocky before he agreed to the fight with Apollo Creed?  "It's the chance of a lifetime.....You can't let it pass by!"

I Agree!  Fame & Fortune go hand in handDance

Let it Snow Snowman

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

Yep keep describing yourself

Pfffffffffffffffffftttttttt!!!   LOL

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4783 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2013, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

The answer is yes if the winner meets 3 criteria.  First, the jackpot is HUGE.  Second, you are the SOLE winner.  Third, you have a unique TALENT to market in that small time slot that you are on camera and the world is watching.

Look at all these reality shows where everyone is trying to get tv time to turn it into big money.  Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton are famous for being famous.  Thats it.  No talent.  However, they found a niche and made millions selling perfumes, clothing lines, and wealthy marriages.

Say your a great singer but can't catch a break with exposure.  Sing a song at the press conference and it might get you a recording contract or a tv appearance.  Say you are good looking and have thoughts of acting.  If you come to the press conference dressed and looking great you might get a modeling contract or a soap opera try out.  Say you have a comic talent.  Prove it at the press conference and you are sure to get called by Jay Leno & Co. to appear on their show. 

Say your a good talker.  You might show some brilliance taking a political stance sounding like a Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton and might be contacted to run for the Senate after you appear on Fox News or CNN if they think your marketable.  Then you might start writing books.  Who knew about Sarah Palin before she was picked by John McCaan hmm?  She turned that into millions appearing on Fox News, giving speeches, and writing books.

Bottom line is you need to be a BIG winner or the world won't be putting your press conferece on tv and social media.  If your splitting it 3 to 30 ways even with a big pot your just one in the crowd.  However, if you win a BIG one and you have talent put it to use.  They say everyone gets 5 minutes of fame.

What did the promoter say to Rocky before he agreed to the fight with Apollo Creed?  "It's the chance of a lifetime.....You can't let it pass by!"

But you are assuming the person has some real talent. After winning a huge JP, few people are going to take you seriously in another "creative" type career and many idiots will ask why do you still want to work or why don't you give your talent away for free? And if you give anything away for free, it is devalued quickly. No one would buy a piece of artwork from me if they knew I won hundreds of millions of dollars and I would see my career go downhill quickly. Oh that is just the multi millionaire "playing" with her art. Getting your foot in the door is one thing, staying there is another.

J'aime La France.

United States
        Member #130815
        July 25, 2012
        1636 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2013, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Pfffffffffffffffffftttttttt!!!   LOL

Another good comment about you...LOL

veganlife125's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg

United States
          Member #142777
          May 18, 2013
          263 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2013, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

But you are assuming the person has some real talent. After winning a huge JP, few people are going to take you seriously in another "creative" type career and many idiots will ask why do you still want to work or why don't you give your talent away for free? And if you give anything away for free, it is devalued quickly. No one would buy a piece of artwork from me if they knew I won hundreds of millions of dollars and I would see my career go downhill quickly. Oh that is just the multi millionaire "playing" with her art. Getting your foot in the door is one thing, staying there is another.

You can paint? Ausome!  No, no no Artist77 you got it all wrong!  Let me be your PR man when you win that big lottery.  I can see it now.  We will have a couple of weeks at least to prepare for the press conference and im going to have you make a few paintings and we are going to market "Breast Cancer Awareness".

I want you to make 2 paintings Artist77.  One with a woman sitting in a chair with a cat in her lap with its head resting on her chest.  The other will be a woman with her dog licking her on the cheek. {Millions of pet owners to get sympathy from as well you see.Big Grin }  We are going to have these 2 paintings set up at the press conference and annnounce "to the world" that you are going to auction them off on Ebay and the proceeds will go to the breast cancer charity of ebay's choice!  Can you image just how high those paintings will go for within 24 hours of media exposure!?!  I bet before the day is out you get calls from all the tv morning and daytime talk shows to appear and give "Your Story"Big Grin!  It will be a riot!

You announce on Good Morning America, Fox News Morning Couch Show, Oprah, and Jay Leno that your going to give 1 million dollars of your winnings to charity as well!  you will be called by every organization on the planet to get paid for representing their charities no doubt!  I also bet the EBAY president will contact you quick and sign you to a contract and probably commercials and fee's for more paintings.  some of your paintings obviously won't go to charity but in your pocket!  your a star now baby!  We will make that million back 50 fold and you will still have all that jackpot money to boot!  We might even start a line of furniture called AAT(Artistic American Furniture)!

If we pull this off you and your husband keep all the lottery money of course but on everything else you and your hubby can cut me in on say 10%?  Ain't capitalism grand?Big Grin

The point is everybody's got some talent.  Find it and use it.

As to your other part about people not supporting rich people?  Think of it this way.  Tom Cruise has been rich forever but does that stop people from going to watch his movies and making him millions more.  Same with other rich celebrities.

Lastly, i hope we still cool.  We all are going to disagree or get miffed at someone form time to time.  No biggie.  Grudges shouldn't last over a day or two then its time to say "sorry" and move on.  Big Grin

Anyways, good luck tonight to you and everybody.

Don't forget to visit the Lottery Post Gift Shop!

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: December 6, 2013, 9:25 pm - IP Logged

I dont know about that...what about barbara streisand...I think she get 10 million a concert now and she sells out all of them when she goes on tour...Celiene dion, I think she has a 100 million+ contract with Ceasars she sells out constantly, Artists Andy warhol, I know for one made millions on his paintings and art and whenever he did something new people went out and bought it and paid lots of money too...so you can be worth millions and people will still buy your stuff nowadays even if it is good or no good

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Another good comment about you...LOL

Pfffffffffffffffffttt!!!  LOL

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Pfffffffffffffffffttt!!!  LOL

You...it is so you..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Pfffffffffffffffffffttt!   LOL

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Pfffffffffffffffffffttt!   LOL

Ok Chester you win LOL

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 6, 2013, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

Ok Chester you win LOL

Starting with the child molesting jokes again, huh?

Sure you wanna do that?

Japan
                        Member #131605
                        August 14, 2012
                        372 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:16 am - IP Logged

Don't see advantages really. Sure it looks good for other players to see a face that some perhaps normal person won....

But...no way. Would not show me face if did not have to. Name is fine.

dailystormer.com

justice4germans.com

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Ok Chester you win LOL

You're the child molester, @sshole, cuz that's all you talk about.

If that's not projecting, I don't know what is.

Maybe you've been living alone too long.

I hope they're watching you.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4783 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:39 am - IP Logged

You can paint? Ausome!  No, no no Artist77 you got it all wrong!  Let me be your PR man when you win that big lottery.  I can see it now.  We will have a couple of weeks at least to prepare for the press conference and im going to have you make a few paintings and we are going to market "Breast Cancer Awareness".

I want you to make 2 paintings Artist77.  One with a woman sitting in a chair with a cat in her lap with its head resting on her chest.  The other will be a woman with her dog licking her on the cheek. {Millions of pet owners to get sympathy from as well you see.Big Grin }  We are going to have these 2 paintings set up at the press conference and annnounce "to the world" that you are going to auction them off on Ebay and the proceeds will go to the breast cancer charity of ebay's choice!  Can you image just how high those paintings will go for within 24 hours of media exposure!?!  I bet before the day is out you get calls from all the tv morning and daytime talk shows to appear and give "Your Story"Big Grin!  It will be a riot!

You announce on Good Morning America, Fox News Morning Couch Show, Oprah, and Jay Leno that your going to give 1 million dollars of your winnings to charity as well!  you will be called by every organization on the planet to get paid for representing their charities no doubt!  I also bet the EBAY president will contact you quick and sign you to a contract and probably commercials and fee's for more paintings.  some of your paintings obviously won't go to charity but in your pocket!  your a star now baby!  We will make that million back 50 fold and you will still have all that jackpot money to boot!  We might even start a line of furniture called AAT(Artistic American Furniture)!

If we pull this off you and your husband keep all the lottery money of course but on everything else you and your hubby can cut me in on say 10%?  Ain't capitalism grand?Big Grin

The point is everybody's got some talent.  Find it and use it.

As to your other part about people not supporting rich people?  Think of it this way.  Tom Cruise has been rich forever but does that stop people from going to watch his movies and making him millions more.  Same with other rich celebrities.

Lastly, i hope we still cool.  We all are going to disagree or get miffed at someone form time to time.  No biggie.  Grudges shouldn't last over a day or two then its time to say "sorry" and move on.  Big Grin

Anyways, good luck tonight to you and everybody.

You are a dumb uneducated moron as usual. Where did I mention my medium?  And  I have two reps...lol and a book deal. i also counsel and teach other artists and have work in museum collections.  Making jokes about breast cancer is par for the course for you.  And for those "real" celebrities you and that other dummy referenced, they made their money by moving up the chain with their talents. They were not handed millions and then created a career. It appears that you have never even attended an art function and legitimate artists do not sell on ebay. Expand your horizons in life and acquire a little bit of sophistication.

J'aime La France.

Teddi's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg

United States
                              Member #142499
                              May 13, 2013
                              1182 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2013, 9:17 am - IP Logged

I always hear people talking about why lottery winners should claim anonymously (if their state allows it). But what advantages does a public winner have?

The only advantage is to the lottery officials and the game itself, not to the actual winner. The lottery gets to parade a poor sod with a hard luck story in front of the world as an example that anyone become a millionaire with an investment of only $1. Winners are used so the rest of us can dream of 'what if'.  It's a good marketing ploy, but that's all it is. The 'we do it so people can know that there are actual winners' is bogus. Since when do major businesses cater to the conspiracy theorists. Besides, it still hasn't stopped people from thinking the game is rigged in one fashion or another anyway. 

What the lottery officials should do is give people a choice. Anonymity or not. Frankly, TLCHL is a perfect example of enough people wanting to show off and have their moments in the spotlight that even giving people the choice would still put enough faces in front of the camera for them to get a decent amount of publicity out of it. The jackpot sizes are large enough that even if people did think it was rigged, they'd still throw in a buck or two and cross their fingers. 

If there is an advantage to publicizing the winner of a large JP it is to have that person hounded, stalked, sued, issued death threats and even on occasion, murdered.